Chapter Ten

KORE WA AIDESU ~This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

【10】

That night was the second day of their Budokan concert and the Hara Kana girls were in high spirits.

 

As were the press that came out to see them that evening.

 

Due to how well the opening night had gone, more media outlets sent reporters and photographers to cover the show.

 

Which of course made their agency Horipro and record label Pony Canyon very thrilled.

 

Already the girls' stint at the famed venue was seen as a big success.

 

Each of the three nights were sold out.

 

Because the girls and their staff knew that mostly their loyal fanbase had purchased tickets for all three shows, they wanted to switch up their setlist and their outfits.

 

It's what they knew their fans would expect from them.

 

The six Hara Kana members stood before the amassed journalists and photographers and posed together in a back room of the indoor arena.

 

They were dressed in custom white cheer uniforms with each of the first letters of their names in hot pink on the long sleeve sweater tops.

 

The skirts were short and flared.

 

Each of the girls looked super kawaii but added unique accessories that fit their individual styles.

 

Peony had on her own $775 Christian Louboutin 'Charlene' Black Patent Leather-textured Mary Jane Pumps with LEMON Perfectly Opaque White Knee Highs. And also a $98 Dauphines of New York 'Pretty Girl' 18kt Gold-plated Bow Barette on her middle-part loose deep waves hair, $550 Chanel Crystal CC Gold Stud Earrings and Kate Spade 'All Wrapped Up' Gold Bow Ring.

 

Since she posted pics of her new hairdo, her Strawberry Blonde or "Strawberry Swirl Blonde" hair had gone viral on Ameba.

 

And her Weibo account as well.

 

Fans were loving the look on her.

 

Her members brought it fashion-wise as well.

 

Yui wore ¥95,000 Sugar Baby 'Kawaii Sweet Street' Bubblegum Pink Platform Ankle Boots with silver rhinestone studs.

 

Apple had on ¥135,000 Y.R.U. Pink 'Ballet Bae' Open Toe Ribbons Lace Up Platforms Boots.

 

Alice wore ¥68,000 Sugar Thrillz 'Rose Boudoir' Baby Pink Fluffy Heels with studded wrap-around straps.

 

Sakura donned ¥140,000 Windsor Smith 'POW' White Leather Ankle Strap Platform Pumps.

 

And lastly, the leader-chi Reina rocked ¥50,000 Iron Fist 'Buns N' Roses' Floral Print Bow Oxfords.

 

The trend-setting girl group stood slightly turned, side by side with sweet smiles on their pretty faces as camera flashes went off and the photogs yelled for them to look into each of their lenses.

 

Alice had her arm interlocked with Peony's arm. She looked cute in her outfit of Calvin Klein Ultra Fit High-waist Semi-Opaque White Tights and a Eugenia Kim 'Josie' Black Patent Leather Cat Ear Headband over her curled pigtails.

 

She felt the most nervous in front of so many cameras jammed in their faces.

 

Peony may have a quiet disposition, however she couldn't be labeled as shy.

 

She knew how to turn on the charm and pose for the cameras.

 

And that's what she indeed did.

 

She threw up a peace sign and winked.

 

Which was becoming her signature.

 

However, she could barely think straight with so many people shouting out things to them at the same time.

 

The reporters and photogs.

 

One of the reporters asked if the rumors were true about Reina being spotted by a fan on a date with her costar in the popular Netflix romantic comedy 「幸せな別れの日!Shiawasena Wakarenohi! (Happy Break Up Day!)」 Johnny's West member Daiki Shigeoka. Dating rumors have abound in the gossip papers and blogs for weeks now.

 

Reina and her members kept the smiles on their faces, but they got a bit nervous.

 

Her members knew it was true that she had gone on two separate dates with Daiki, however they have now decided to just remain as friends.

 

Since Reina was the eldest member, she too was permitted by their agency to date. As was Sakura as the third older girl.

 

However, they could not get caught.

 

Therefore the girls knew their leader had no choice but to deny ever going on a romantic outing with the 27 year old popular tarento.

 

Sakura had her own secret romance going on with 29 year old X-Japan cover band LOVERZ x ROCK guitarist Riku Hinataro. They'd been a steady couple for four months now.

 

Even though she wasn't technically permitted, Alice had been going out with a college student named Akira Yuta.

 

"We are friends only" Reina responded.

 

It was the only way to go.

 

Peony started to feel some of the heat when a Women's Weekly reporter brought up the recent exchanges between her and Kim Jejung via social media.

 

"Are you too involved or what?" was asked by the nosey lady.

 

Peony's mind went blank for a second.

 

She was completely caught off guard.

 

She had to come up with something quick and not let them see her sweat.

 

Even her members eyed her.

 

"No. Although I find him to be handsome, Jejung-kun and I are only acquaintances through mutual friends. We hang with the same crowd" she took her time to verbalize the words so that they seemed sincere and honest.

 

"We support one another in our careers as well" she added, to explain away them leaving tweets of encouragement for their current shows.

 

Earlier that evening, Peony left a reciprocal 'Gambatte!' message on Jaejoong's Twitter since he was in Busan, South Korea kicking off his latest concert series.

 

People online we're already talking about it but many thought they were friends and shared a plutonic relationship.

 

Their "shippers" were mounting though.

 

They called them the "Manga Couple."

 

Since they both were noted for resembling real life Manga characters.

 

They were both very good looking.

 

After her explanation, the subject beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter