The Fact

Now Playing

"Yoboseyo?" Gikwang answered his phone.

"Gikwang-ah. Nan Junhyungie eomma. Is Junhyung with you?" she asked worriedly.

Gikwang looked at his watch. It was 1 o'clock in the morning! "Aniyo, Ahjumma. Waeyo, didn't he say anything when he left?" he asked, now worried too.

"He didn't come home since he left for school this morning. I thought you guys went out together," she said anxiously.

"Aniyo. But I'll help look for him, too," he said.

"Andwae, Gikwang-ah. It's already 1 in the morning. You have to sleep. Sorry to bother you," she said.

"Aniyo, Ahjumma. I'll help. Tomorrow's Saturday anyway," he said.

"Komawo, Gikwang-ah. Dashi mianhae," she said.

"Kwaenchanayo. I'll call you back when I get some news," he said.

"Ah, ye," she said and hung up.

After that phone call, he immediately ringed the other 4 and relayed the news. They all willingly agreed to search for Junhyung. They all met up at Doojoon's house since he was the one with a car. When they were complete, they immediately rode Doojoon's car. He started the engine. But when he was about to push the shift gear, he stopped.

"Waeyo, hyung?" Dongwoon asked.

"Where are we going?" Doojoon asked. They all didn't know where to start their search.

"Just go somewhere," Hyunseung spoke up.

With that, Doojoon pushed the shift gear and the car sped away.




It was 1:30 yet she kept on tossing and turning. She couldn't sleep and she didn't understand why. She already drank 2 glasses of milk. Usually, it should've put her to sleep already but it looks like it wasn't the case that night. Or that morning, rather. She put her hand in her chest and felt her heart beating unusually fast. "What the hell is wrong with me?" she scolded herself in frustration. She suddenly remembered what happened that afternoon. As she reminisced it, she felt parts of her hurt. Her ankle. And her heart. But she shook her head convincing herself something. But sighed in confusion afterwards. She closed her eyes and attempted to sleep again.




"Yah, imma. Let me see your ID," the man asked.

"M-mwo~?" a drunk Junhyung asked back.

"I said let me see your ID," the man asked again, now searching for it in Junhyung's pocket. "Yah!" he exclaimed. You're still 20! Only people 25 and above are allowed here!"

"T-t-wen-twenty f-five?" he scoffed. "S-stup-stupid rules! W-wae? C-can't people 24 below pay their b-bills?" he said as he took out his wallet and took out a thick pile of bills. "H-here. I-I have money. So will you shut up now and leave me alone?!" he said as he asked for another drink at the counter.

"You arrogant punk!" the man yelled as he dragged him away.

"Let go of me!" Junhyung said as he attempted to take the man's hands off him. But his attempts were very weak since he was drunk. And the man was strong, too.

"Ahjussi!" someone called. "What happened?" It was Yoseob with the other 4 running towards the man and Junhyung.

"This punk over here is just 20 years old!" he said. "Jamkkan. Are you his friends?" he asked.

"Ne," the others answered.

"Then you're all the same age as him?" he asked.

"A-ani-" Yoseob tried to deny but Doojoon stopped him.

"Ye, Ahjussi. But we weren't planning on breaking the rules. We just wanted to take that punk away from here," Doojoon said honestly.

"Well, then, do the work for me," the man said handing the now unconscious Junhyung to the boys.

"Kamsahamnida," they said and dragged Junhyung out of the bar.

They all had a hard time fitting theirselves in the car since it only accommodated 5 people including the driver. "Aiyoo," Hyunseung complained as they squeezed theirselves inside. "Lee Gikwang, this is why I hate your muscles. They occupy too much space!" Hyunseung added.

"Should I say sorry?" Gikwang asked sarcastically.

Doojoon now drove away. They were planning on taking him home but Dongwoon suggested that they go somewhere else first. They can't allow Junhyung's mom to see him like that. So to Doojoon's place they go.

"What the hell is wrong with him?" Doojoon finally asked after they laid him down on his bed and taking his shoes off him.

"Molla," Gikwang said.

"__________-ah," Junhyung muttered in his sleep.

"Aish. I never thought the mighty Yong Junhyung could get knocked down by a girl," Doojoon said.

"You speak like you don't get love problems yourself, hyung," Dongwoon teased.

"I really don't," Doojoon said.

"Tell that to yourself, hyung," Dongwoon retorted.

"Yah! Since when did you start talking back freely?" Doojoon said.

"Aish! So noisy!" Junhyung said as he sat down and rubbed his head.

They thought he was already awake but he laid back down and continued his sleep.

Seeing this, the others felt sleepy too and decided to take their places on the floor. And soon enough, they were all able to sleep.

It was 10 o'clock in the morning when Doojoon woke up. When he opened his eyes, he saw the other 4 still on the floor sleeping soundly. But when he sat down, he only saw the now-empty bed. He went downstairs. "Eomma, did Junhyung leave already?"

"Ne. He just did," she said.

He walked outside to check if Junhyung was still within their vicinity. And he was right. "Yong Junhyung!" he shouted as he ran towards him.

Junhyung looked back to see a running Doojoon. He continued walking, rubbing his aching head.

"Where do you think you're going?" Doojoon asked.

"Home," Junhyung answered.

Doojoon has now caught up with Junhyung and started walking matching Junhyung's pace. "You didn't even wait for us to wake up. Or even woke me up," Doojoon said.

"Who are you, my girlfriend?" he scoffed.

"Yah! Have you done it with her?" Doojoon asked, surprised.

"You wanna die?! Of course not!" Junhyung answered.

Doojoon sighed in relief. "Yong Junhyung, aren't you really going to tell us what happened?" he finally asked.

"So all of you would sympathize me? No way. I can manage," he shrugged.

"Yah. You really think of us as that shallow?" Doojoon stopped in his tracks.

Junhyung just continued walking, leaving Doojoon behind.

"Yah! Yong Junhyung!" Doojoon called again.

But this time, he didn't face him. He continued walking away. He didn't know where he's heading. He just needed to be alone. It wasn't because he thinks lowly of his friends. In fact, they've always been a great support during his tough times. He even treats them as brothers being the only child. It's just that he still he didn't want to face reality right now.

...................................................


He just sat there on his seat staring blankly at nothing. It went like that until he heard the bell ring. Upon hearing it, he immediately stood up and left the classroom. He still needed time alone. And the 5 finally understood this as they no longer tried to get him to talk.

He was walking down the hallway when she saw her laughing with her friend. It hurts to see her laughing and all smiles while he was a total mess, hurting inside. It further darkened his already dark mood that he didn't care if he bumped anybody in the hallway. As a result, if the other students didn't avoid him, they shot him glares. Which didn't have an effect on him. He was too angry, too hurt to care.



"Do you think I did the right thing?" she consulted Charin.

"Kurom!" Charin said with conviction.

But even with her friend's agreement, she still couldn't stop regretting what she did. But she wasn't willing to take back what she said, too. At least not now.

"He's coming! Act happy, ___________-ah!" Charin commanded her.

Having understood what she meant, she tried her best to fake a laugh and act like she was happy. When she was sure she wasn't. She tried her best not to look at his direction. If she did, everything she tried to build would crumble in a snap. But at the corner of her eye, she got to see a glance of him.

She didn't know if she was just hallucinating or it was really Junhyung who looked so... dark. It was so different to the Yong Junhyung she knew that she refused to believe what she just saw. She shrugged the idea off her head. He may not be that perfect like she believed him to be before but he wasn't that kind of guy either.

 She decided to just enter their classroom before she started seeing things she didn't want to.



"AAAAAAAH!" Junhyung forcefully yelled as he punched the wall with his bare fist. It bled and he felt the searing pain as it crawled through his nerves. But it was nothing compared to the pain he was feeling now.

He was so angry at the moment. But he didn't know to whom that anger was directed to. Was he angry at himself for being such a fool? For being too prideful? For being stupid? He punched the wall again. Or was he angry at her for not trying to understand his stand? For not hearing him out when he asked for a chance? For being someone who told him she loved her yet was able to forget him in a short span of time? He punched the wall again. Or was he angry at whoever was responsible for letting him fall in love deeply as he was feeling at that moment? He attempted to punch the wall again but his knees were already weak that he fell on them.

He looked at his bleeding hand and desperately buried his face in his hands. "EOTTEOHKE?!" he yelled asking for an answer.

.....................................................


She roamed her eyes around trying to see if he was there. It was their school's annual Dance Ball. It was akin to highschool's prom, with them dresed formally, only that instead of just 3rd and 4th year students, everybody was allowed to join. So she was there.

She sighed when she wasn't able to find him. Maybe he wasn't there after all. Last year, he was just forced to attend because of her.

She was busy thinking of him when he saw a guy offering his hand, asking her to dance with him. She really didn't like the idea of dancing. Except if the one she would dance with was him. But it wasn't the case. The guy was Eli, one of their seniors who showed interest in her.

"Mianhae, but I can't dance, sunbae," she politely refused.

"I'll take the lead. You'll be fine," he smiled.

"I'm sorry but I really can't," she said again.

"Come on, don't be such a wet blanket, sweetie. It's just a dance," he said, this time forcefully.

"But I dont wa-"

He took her hand forcefully and was about to drag her when he felt someone punch him in the face.

"YAH! SHE TOLD YOU SHE DOESN'T WANT TO!" Junhyung yelled.

Eli punched him back. "YAH! HOW DARE YOU PUNCH ME?!"

"JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE MY SENIOR DOESN'T MEAN I CAN'T!" Junhyung said punching him again.

This time, she can't just stand by and watch. "OPPA! STOP!" she said as she went to Eli's side and helped him get up.

"I was just teaching him how to understand!" Junhyung shouted.

"If there's someone who is in need of knowing how to understand, it's you, Oppa!" she shouted back.

Junhyung was surprised and stared at her right in her eyes.

"I told you to stop bothering me! I told you not to meddle with my life anymore! I told you to stay away from me! I told you I don't want you in my life like I did before! But here you are, violently venting out your anger to someone you don't even know! Move on, Oppa!" she shouted directly at him.

And what he has been denying to himself, what he told himself wasn't true, what he kept on telling himself that it was just a lie, what he believed to be just an act of impulse was slapped in his face right then and there.


The moment he has been dreading of has finally happened.


No matter how fast he ran, the reality he has been running away from has finally caught up with him.

"Geojitmariya..." he convinced himself again.

 

________________________________________

[A/N] Sorry if it took a little while for me to do this update! Too absorbed with the Yoseob fic's fluffy-light theme that I had a hard time going dark again. Haha! But here you go! Enjoy!

Do leave a comment. Jebaaaaalyo~ Haha! Komawo~ ^-^