Breathe

Now Playing

"Junhyung-ah, your girlfriend's waiting for you outside. Aren't you going to at least acknowledge her presence?" Doojoon asked.

"Aiyoo! Let her be! I never even asked her to come here. Let's resume our practice," Junhyung said as he picked up the ball again.

Doojoon was a little hesitant but decided to leave the matter. They resumed their soccer practice. It went on for 2 hours.

When Junhyung looked to where she was before, she was no longer there. "Aah~ Good riddance. I thought she'll never leave me alone!" he exclaimed.

"Yah! Junhyung-ah. Don't you think you're too much? You must, of all people, feel lucky because you have a very good girlfriend," Yoseob commented.

"It might seem good to you but when you're here at my place, it's like bringing your mom everywhere with you and the worst part is you can't tell her not to keep following you around or else she'll burst into tears and make you look like the bad guy!" Junhyung complained.

"But you are the bad guy, hyung," Dongwoon joked.

"Yah! You dare?" Junhyung said as he playfully headlocked the youngest.

"Both of you stop," Doojoon said while laughing. "Let's wash up already. It's getting late."

The others obediently complied and they all headed to the locker room. But before they reached the door, they heard someone.

"Oppa!" she called.

"Oh! Not again?" Junhyung complained.

Hyunseung just patted his shoulder and said, "Looks like we'll have to go first."

With that, the others left and entered the locker room while Junhyung just stood still at where he was waiting for her to finally reach him.

"Oppa, here's your towel. Sorry if I came late. I had to go to the convenience store to buy you water," she said, trying to slow down her breathing.

"________-ah, you really don't have to do all this, you know. I can manage," Junhyung calmly said.

"No, Oppa. I love doing these things for you anyway," she smiled. "Now go and wash up. I'll be waiting for you at my usual spot."

He entered the locker room and took a shower. While they were changing, the boys decided to a bit.

"Junhyungie~ are you hungry?" Yoseob asked.

"Junhyungie~ should I dry your hair for you?" Doojoon added.

"Junhyungie~ should I put your socks on for you?" Hyunseung said.

"Jun-" Gikwang was going to join in the teasing but he decided not to as Junhyung glared at him.

Since they were all done, they went out. But as expected, she was there again, now with a bottle of water in her hand.

"Oppa, are you thirsty?" she asked and offered the bottle of water.

"Looks like we'll have to go ahead, Junhyung-ah. See you tomorrow!" Doojoon said stiffling up his laugh.

The boys went ahead of them. But when they were a little bit far already, Junhyung heard them laugh. "Aish. Those guys," he murmured to himself.

"You were saying somehing, Oppa?" she asked as she hugged his left arm.

"Oh? Ani. Ah, before I forget, ________-ah, as I have said earlier, you really don't have to be extra caring at all times. As I've said, I can manage," he said.

"As I've said earlier too, Oppa, I love doing these things," she said as she hugged his arm tighter.

"But-" Junhyung was trying to protest but he decided against it. First, because he didn't want to hurt her feelings. Second, because he was too tired to argue.




"Oh? You're taking me home already, Oppa? We're not going to have dinner?" she asked.

"Maybe next time, _________-ah," he said. "I'm tired."

"Keurongayo? You should've not brought me home, Oppa. I could've gone home myself. Sorry if I added to your tiredness, Oppa," she apologized.

"Oh. Ani, ani. Kwaenchana," Junhyung smiled.

"I'll go now, Oppa so you could go home already. Kalkke," she said. She was about to get off the car but before she completely did, she faced him again.

"Wae? Did you forget something?" he asked.

She nodded.

"Mwo?"

"This," she said and pecked him on the cheek. After that, she got off the car immediately and closed the door of the passenger's seat. "Annyeong, Oppa! Take care!" she said wearing the sweetest smile she could give while waving.

"You, too, ________-ah. See you tomorrow," Junhyung smiled. This girl never fails to remind me why I fell for her. And how could I forget? he thought and let out a small laugh as he drove away. He looked at the rearview mirror and he saw her still waving at him. He smiled again.


.....................................

"Yoboseyo?" Junhyung answered the phone sleepily.

"Oppa! Are you alright? Omoni called me and told me you're ill," she said worriedly.

"I'm fine. I was just worn out yesterday. I just need some rest," he replied weakly.

"Aigoo~ That's why you should never overpractice. Look what happened. Do you need anything, Oppa?" she asked.

"Ani. As I've said, I just need to rest," he repeated.

"You sure?" she asked again.

"I said I'm fine, okay? Now will you please let me rest?" he said irritatedly and hung up.

"What's wrong with her? Can't she understand?" he muttered and immediately went back to sleep.





"Junhyung-ah," his mom knocked.

"Waeyo, Eomma?" he asked, not moving from his position, lying down.

"__________'s here. She wanted to see you and check your condition," his mom said.

Junhyung immediately sat upright and rubbed his eyes. That sudden movement caused his head to ache. "Aw!" he cried and this was what she saw when she opened the door.

"Oppa! Are you alright?" she asked as she hurriedly went to his bedside.

"Ne. This won't last for long," he said as he massaged his temple.

"Let me do it for you, Oppa. Just lie down, okay?" she offered.

She was taking his hands away from his head so she could be the one who'll massage his head but Junhyung didn't comply. "Andwae. I can do it on my own. As I've said, this shouldn't last for long."

"But Oppa. You need to listen to me," she said as she attempted to take his hands off again.

But this time, Junhyung had enough. "So you're a doctor now? I said I can do it! Can't you see I'm a big boy now?!" he yelled. "You know what? I'm sick of these kind of things. When I courted you, I wanted a girlfriend and not another mom who'll keep on nagging me when my real mom isn't with me! Give me some space to breathe, will you?!"

She was surprised with his sudden outburst. "O-oppa... M-mianhae.." she said as tears streamed down her face.

"Why are you crying?! If you're just gonna cry in front of me, then it would be better if you leave," he demanded.

She hurriedly wiped her tears and shook her head. "Aniyo, Oppa. I'll stop crying," she said fighting more tears.

Junhyung looked up in exasperation. "You are one hard rock. Do I really have to say everything in simpler terms so you could understand? I'm telling you to leave me alone!" he yelled.

Having heard enough, she ran away immediately forgetting to get her bag with her. Junhyung picked it up but he did it the wrong way and accidentally, the things inside it spilled.

"Aiyoo~ So troublesome!" he complained. He heavy-heartedly picked her things one by one until something caught his attention. It was a personalized card. He originally didn't want to look what was written inside it but his will crumbled and he decided to open it and read what was inside.

Oppa~ ^^

    Annyeonghaseyo~ Kekeke! I was planning to give you a gift but since you were angry at me when I gave you a gift on your birthday, I just decided not to. Instead, I made you this card and wrote this letter. ^^
    Mianhae if my penmanship isn't beautiful. But I hope you appreciate the effort. Keke.
    I've been talking nonsense already. >.< So let me start my real letter for you.
    We've been together for a long time now and I can perfectly say, without any regret, that during those times, I never felt that I made a bad decision in returning your love. You are one of the reasons why I feel that life is a beautiful gift that we should all cherish and thank God for. You are one of the reasons why I find myself blessed. One of the reasons why I'm very happy with my life. One of the reasons why my life is a very worthy one to live. We've been together through thick and thin. We enjoyed the sun during sunny days and played in the rain during rainy days. I hope you don't take those words literally, Oppa. Keke.
    I've been wanting to tell you this everytime we're together. Thank you for loving someone like me. Though I may have some shortcomings as a girlfriend, I may not be prettier than the girls out there, I may not be smarter, too, but still, you chose to love me. And there was never a day that I didn't thank the Lord for it. You, on the other hand, you have nothing that I dislike. You loved me for being me and I, too, have and will love you for being the Yong Junhyung that I knew from the start. Never change, Oppa. I love you just the way you are now. But even if you do change in the future, don't worry, I will still be loving you. I will, Oppa. I will.
    So before this turns into a novel, I'll have to end it here. I'll still get a lot of chances to say such things to you so I'm not scared of ending this letter here. Saranghaeyo, Oppa!
        HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Love,
_____________ ♥ ^-^