Lucky or Unlucky

You Changed Me

You’re okay?!" He asked quietly.

"Yeah.." I responded and looked up at him. But as soon as I saw his face which was kind of close to mine, I felt my heart started to beat rapidly.

 

+++

 

Your POV

 

“Jihyun ah, you’re okay?” I heard a familiar voice shouting out my name all of a sudden, making me snapped back into reality and turned my head to the source of the voice.

Just when my gaze stopped at the person who called out to me, I gasped as I saw a familiar figure, running towards my direction. I could feel my eyes grew bigger when I saw that it was Zelo. And by that, I quickly, fully realized and snapped back to a real reality so I turned my head back to the person whose body was too close to mine.

“Yah, you ert!” I shouted as I recognized the face of a ert I met yesterday.

I pushed him a little further from me, even though it caused me to lose balance once again because of my sprained ankle. But, lucky enough, Zelo helped me as soon as he reached beside me and I held onto him to support me standing properly.

“Yah! What did you call him? How dare you!” I heard Minhee’s squeaky voice protesting.

Zelo in another side gave her a disgust look at her acts which made Minhee somehow stammered at her own acts. Ugh! I really wanted to fight her if only my ankle wasn’t hurt. But what could I do when moving it a little was already hurting.

“Jihyun ah, you’re okay?” Zelo asked and I nodded quickly as a response. But he cleverly noticed my ankle so he put one of my arms around his shoulder and said, “Let’s get out of here!”

“Yeah.” I quietly answered and we started to leave the crowd, with him gently helped me walking towards the nearest bench of this school park.

When we were quite far enough from the crowd, I glanced at Zelo who seemed sincere to help me but somehow I felt a little pissed off seeing his presence for the first time after that prank letter from Minhee. I didn’t know why but maybe his presence just reminding me of that stupid prank I had fallen on, easily.

“What are you guys still doing here? I think you all should get back to your own business!” I heard a soft voice commanded behind.

By that, I took a glance at the crowd behind and saw that ert guy from yesterday left the crowd coolly. “What is he doing here?”, I frowned as I thought curiously. And the fact that I had a slight heart race when I was too close to him made me think about him again, “Am I really scared of that guy?”

My eyes widened at the thought of it but I brushed it off quickly, thinking that I, Woo Jiho’s younger sister, wouldn’t be afraid of anything except to lose my brother and Block B oppa. I unconsciously nodded firmly but I quickly realized it and lucky enough Zelo didn’t notice it.

As we reached the bench, Zelo immediately helped me to sit down and he kneeled down in front of me while taking off my left shoe, instead.

“Yah! What are you doing?” I softly yelled at him with maybe, a little cold tone.

But he didn’t mind it and continued to hold my left foot and slowly massaged it like he was a professional therapist. I cringed in pain once he touched the ankle, but after a while he massaged it, it didn’t feel really hurt.

I stared at him while he was too focused with my ankle. He looked so innocent and even though the prank letter flashed into my mind, I felt like I couldn’t mad at him once I saw him, even if I wanted to.

“Okay, try to walk!” He said as he put my foot down on the ground carefully. He then held out his hand to help me standing up.

I mindlessly held his hand tightly and slowly stood up. Secretly curious on what he did to my foot, I tried to take a step forward slowly.“Oh! It doesn’t really hurt.” I exclaimed when I barely felt the pain from my ankle.

One step forward.. Two steps back.. And another one. But,

“Ouch!”

“Watch out!” Zelo swiftly caught me and chuckled.

“Thanks!” I said and slowly sat back on the bench.

“It might need a few more massages to be fully healed.” Zelo said while he took my shoe back and somewhat cleaned the dust off of it. He then started to put the shoe on my foot again.

“You don’t need to do that!” I tried to stop him but he prevented me and gave me his forefinger that signaled a ‘no’ answer to me instead.

“Just let me do what I want today!” Zelo said as he tied my shoe neatly, without looking at me.

“Tsk..” I shook my head slightly, seeing his somehow childish acts.

Once he finished, he looked at me with his wide and innocent smile as he stood up. “Want me to get you some drinks or something?”, he offered.

“What are you? My slave or something?” I mocked playfully, making him chuckled softly. I then patted the empty spot of the bench as I said, “Just sit!”

“I don’t mind being your slave forever.” Surprisingly he responded my joke then sat beside me before muttering something in a low voice. “As long as it can make you...”

“What?” I asked as I couldn’t clearly hear what he said.

“Oh.” Zelo gasped slightly but turned his attention to me while I could see his expression changed a little. “I-I, no. Aniya.”

I furrowed my eyebrows and eyes narrowed into a sharp gaze that directed to him, making him looked away, avoiding my eyes. I knew that he was kind of nervous or something. It was quite obvious that he had something in mind, he was hiding something.

“I-I’m just..” He stuttered but paused to take a deep breath before he looked at me in the eye. His eyes looked quite serious. Blinking slowly, he exhaled and said, “Sorry.”

“Uh?” I tilted my head to the right slightly as my eyes grew bigger, feeling clueless. “What for?”

Zelo looked down and softly said, “The letter.”

“Ah!” I exclaimed as I recalled about the prank letter, then laughed at thought of it. I knew he might feel sorry because Minhee used his name, but he shouldn’t be sorry for what Minhee did. “Nah, that stupid prank. Don’t be sorry about that. Minhee is the one who should say sorry for using your name.”, I shook my head.

“No. It was really from me.” Zelo said, looking at me with a little frown on his face. “And I’m really sorry that it made you mad.”

“Wait, wait.” I tried to digest what he just said but my mind didn’t seem to be working with the situation, “What?”. I questioned.

“The letter,” He exhaled and firmly explained, “that was really from me. I wrote that and told Youngmin hyung to give it to you. And I’m so sorry that I couldn’t make it. Please don’t mad at Youngmin hyung-” he paused then softly continued, “or me. I’m so sorry.”

“Wow!” I blurted out spontaneously after hearing those words while puffing out my cheeks as I breathed out. I blinked my eyes rapidly, didn’t know what to do or to respond.

“Can you just…”, I paused, quickly thought about an excuse, “get me a drink, please?”

“Uh?” Zelo a little bit startled at my response but somehow he managed to slowly stand up from his spot. “You’re.. not mad at me?”

“Hurry! I’m thirsty!!” I demanded as it was the only thing I could do to get out of the topic as soon as possible.

“O-okay.” Zelo stuttered, clueless but did what I said and went to get me a drink.

As soon as he left me alone, I took a deep breath and exhaled heavily to calm myself down from the sudden confession I had never thought about.

“What the hell was that?” I roared in my mind, still trying to digest everything that just happened.

I didn’t know why but I felt that there was a massive mixture in my soul. I was surprised and clueless that the letter was really from him. And there was a part of me that wanted to explode and mad about it. Somehow I felt uneasy. But there was a small part of me that felt relieved? I really didn’t know what happened to me. Maybe because I was already mad about the letter and I never experienced something like all this misunderstanding? All I knew was that,

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“That it’s time to get back to the class.” I sighed in relief as I heard the bell rang that signaling the next class was about to start.

It was also the first time I felt relieved to hear the bell rang. Well, at least this time it could distract myself from thinking about the letter while in class.

Without waiting for Zelo, I stood up slowly so I wouldn’t hurt my ankle then walked to the class carefully.

 

After awhile, I finally reached the class safely. But as soon as I saw my seat, my bag was nowhere to be seen, while an unknown bag was filling my seat.

“Who the heck is stealing my seat again?” I shouted in a little big anger tone then looked around to see if my bag was somewhere near. “Where’s my bag?”

“T-there!” Youngmin who was already standing beside his seat pointed to a table behind me with his usual scaredy cat expression.

“Tsk..” I sighed and rolled my eyes at him before turning around just to see my abandoned bag was there. I quickly took it and turned back. “And who is stealing my seat now?” I asked Youngmin again who still had that same expression on his face.

His eyeballs moved slowly from me while his hand lifted to point something behind me.

“Excuse me?” A soft voice suddenly heard on my right ear.

I turned my head to the right and I got a small heart attack when I saw that ert’s face again. I hissed quietly as I started to feel something weird was about to happen in my soul again. But I forced myself to be as fierce as usual and barked at him with a glare, “W-what?”

“Damn! What’s with that stutter?” I scolded myself in my mind as soon as I realized it.

“May I sit here, or should I just move somewhere?” The ert asked in a very polite manner with his soft voice, making me raised an eyebrow.

“G-”

“You can seat here!” Youngmin cut me off before I could even speak a word. With his foolish grin, he took his bag and books on the table and said, “I’ll find another seat!”

“Aish.. This guy is really.” I slightly sneered at Youngmin whom I knew that he couldn’t really stand around me.

That could be a best idea if I was still totally mad at him because of the prank letter and didn’t know the truth. But after knowing the truth, maybe it was still a good idea since I didn’t really like him. Until the fact that his substitute was this ert, that’s a no no.

Youngmin quickly left and I mischievously threw the ert’s bag from my seat to Youngmin’s ex-seat. Just when I was about to get to my seat, my foot stumbled over the table’s foot, making me almost fall but a hand caught me. And yeah, that was the ert that made my ‘weird’ feelings started again. Don’t call it Karma!

I quickly removed his hand from me and sat while he went to Youngmin’s ex-seat and sat right beside me.

I sighed and hissed on my mind, thinking that it would be a hell if I keep having a weird feeling when I’m around this ert. “Seriously… I’m not scared, am I?”.

“Jihyun ah!” A voice called out, making me looked up to the voice which was Zelo. “Here!”, he handed me a bottle of a cold soft drink.

“Oh, thanks!” I said and I felt an awkward small grin curved on my lips.

While Zelo went to his own seat, I quickly opened the bottle and drank it thirstily.

 


Heung~ finally!! After a century of not updating this story because my file that consists the 13th chapter was lost when my computer went sick~ And I felt uninspired for a long time because of it, plus somehow I forgot the storyline I've thought and planned for this story~ I am very truly sorry for that~><

But here's the newly written chapter, finally.. I'm sorry if it's a bit (or maybe a lot) off from the original plan. And yes, I still don't remember my whole original plan of this story, so I'm just gonna alter anything with the things I remember. I hope it's still... make sense? lol

And by this, I hope it'll be a sign of a revival of this story and I'll try to be more focus on this story. Even though my writing skill is still bad, I really really really hope you still enjoy this story!!

Thank you for reading, subscribing and maybe upvoting~~ Don't forget to comment juseyo!!!^^