Time Together

A Second Chance

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. This chapter is going to have a bit of a time skip. If I wasn't clear enough let me tell you that they met early in the month. It's not Christmas yet. Anyways enjoy this chapter.

********************************************************************

 

Time seemed to go by fast for the two males. Jonghyun wouldn't allow Key to leave in his condition, no matter how many times Key said that he didn't want to be a burden to his hyung. For some reason the eldest was beginning to feel responsible for the dongsaeng.

The next few days after the incident, Jonghyun and Key slowly came to know each other. What first started as a good deed from one stranger to another became a helping hand between two friends.

Key was surprised and awed that the man who helped him was a pediatric doctor in Seoul’s biggest hospital. He, himself, was studying to be a pediatric doctor. At first, their conversations during meals would revolve around their passions for the specific area of medicine. Later on when they were comfortable with each other, they spoke about their personal lives.

Jonghyun even found it in himself to tell the dongsaeng the story of how he lost his wife in a car accident. To that day tears still came to his eyes when ever he spoke about what happened. Key sympathized for his lose and gave him a shoulder to lean on.

The past which at one point didn’t involve Key seemed a long time ago. The two weeks that passed seemed like years for the two males.

Jonghyun could actually begin to see Key later on in the future. There standing next to him. Waiting for him to come home. And at one point even working with him in the same hospital.

Little by little Jonghyun found himself smiling more. No longer was he filled with dread and depression. He no longer tried to find excuses to be at work longer. With Key waiting for him at his home, he did the opposite; he tried to finish work faster so he could see the other male

Though his heart was crying out with emotions his mind continued to deny it. Jonghyun would find himself staring at Key with a peaceful smile on his face. At times it felt as if he were cheating on his wife. He would have remind himself that Key was a stranger that he helped out. When ever he had the urge to hug Key close three words would circle around in his mind. I’m not gay.

And he wasn’t the only one that was imagining all these things. Key was also seeing himself with Jonghyun. Though neither said anything about what their subconscious was clearly saying was fate.

Key slowly knew that he was falling for the older male. He always knew that he like those of his same ever since the age that boys usually start to notice girls.

He knew that Jonghyun seemed to not be really over his wife. Even though it had been four years since she passed away, she was still ever present in Jonghyun’s life. This crushed all hopes of ever being with the older man. Plus, Jonghyun wasn’t gay as far as he knew. For crying out loud the other man had one in his life been married. He would have to constantly remind himself of this when the warm feeling inside him began to bloom whenever Jonghyun smiled or did a sweet gesture towards him.

Even though it was Christmas break for all university students and faculty, Key would study what ever his hyung had in his home office. He would ask question when ever they came into mind and seemed to enjoy their conversations when ever Jonghyun came home for lunch. When ever his hyung had something to do at the hospital that prevented him from coming home, Key would find himself in a gloomy state.

Knowing this made his heart ache with a dull pain. When ever he showered he would sometimes find himself crying. Crying for his unrequited love and for the pain that Jonghyun was in for his lost love.

He knew that if he wanted to really move on from this feeling, he would have to leave soon. Neither one of the males ever said anything about Key’s departure but they both knew that it would have to come sooner or later. Both seemed to put it off, making excuses that Key still needed to recover from his ordeal.

 

*********************************************************************

I know it's shorter than the last chapter but I'll post the next chapter later when I get at least a few hours of sleep. *sigh* For some reason this chapter seemed like a fail to me. It was too rushed and not like me at all, but please excuse my sloppiness. I'll make it up to you all in the next chapter which will be mainly on Key.

Go ahead and comment on what you think on this chapter. I love comments. ^^ I'll try to finish this before Christmas time.