Give Me A Chance

A Second Chance

I'm so sorry that I didn't post this on Christmas day. I spent my holiday in the middle of no where in a cozy house with all my family. Sad thing was that I had no internet access. I know it's late but still here it is. Like I say better late than never.

************************************************************

 

Jonghyun didn’t know what to do. He sat motionless on the couch. The letter Key left behind in his hand. Unopened. He didn’t think that he had it in him to see the contents.

He knew that Key would leave to his own life sooner or later. In the back of his mind he thought it would have been later rather than sooner. Now that the younger man was no longer there he felt as if time stopped for him once more. The last time that this happened was when his dear wife died.

His eyes wandered over the decorations that filled the room. Everything had once reminded him of SeKyung , but now all that it seemed to bring in mind was Key's smiling face as they put up all the decorations. There was Key written all over the room. Tch more like all over the house. In one way or another Key had wedged himself into belonging here. Now that he was gone, it seemed like the thing that held everything together was gone as well.

Jonghyun's eyes dropped to the letter in his hand. With a shaking hand he opened. Hesitating ever few seconds, he finally took out the paper inside.

Dear Jonghyun,

Thank you for taking care of me and letting me stay in your home. You helped me in my greatest time of need. I will forever be greatful. Someday I will find a way to repay you for everything.

As you can see, I'm no longer there. I've decided that I've overstayed my welcome. Even though you've told me countless times that I was no bother, I felt like I was. I wish I could have said good-bye personally but I don't think it would have been possible for me to do that. You see, if I had said good-bye face to face I know you would have convinced me yo stay longer.

Your a kind man and I wish you the best in life. Good-bye and thank you once more.

Merry Christmas

Key

Good-bye... good-bye

The word echoed in his mind. Key said it as if he were never going to see Jonghyun ever.

Panic spread in his chest once more. Life with no Key was something he just couldn't see. He could no longer deny that he fell for the other man. He was a fool to have not done anything when he had the other man before him.

Now he could do nothing. Key was gone.

Jonghyun quickly got up. Key couldn't have gone far. Jonghyun had come home early today so he couldn't have missed Key by long. Not even zipping up his coat, he ran outside.

He didn't now how long he looked all over the neighborhood. He asked children who were playing outside if they had seen a tall man with a duffle bag walk by. Sadly, each time the answer was no.

He went to the last place that he still hadn't searched. The park near by drew nearer as he ran in it's direction. His head swiverled from side to side searching for Key. There weren't many people there so he figured that it wouldn't be to hard to search for a single person.

Key picked up his head and looked all around him. For some reason he thought he heard his name. Seeing no one he looked back down to his hands, blowing on the styrofoam cup in his hands.

"Key!"

His eyes widened when he saw who was calling him. 'This is not possible. He wasn't suppose to come after me.'

Jonghyun bent slightly forward as he tried to catch his breathe. His eyes never left the other man as if he were afraid that Key would disappear in a blink of an eye.

"Wha-" Key started but was interrupted by Jonghyun. "Why did you leave?"

Key felt as if Jonghyun's gaze was trying to look right through him and get the answer to his question. His throat muscles contracted making him unable to answer.

"Why? Why, Key?" Jonghyun stepped forward to the bench where Key sat.

Key's mouth oened then closed. He just didn't know what to say. 'It's not as if I could say. Saranghae. That's why I left.'

Jonghyun went down on his knees when he reached Key. The cold of the snow seeped through his pants but he didn't seem to care. "Please, answer me. Why did you leave? Why did you say good-bye with a letter?"

Key's bangs fell over his eyes. Jonghyun brushed away the tears that began to fall. He cupped his hand under Key's chin and lifted his face so that their eyes met. "Why, Key? Why did you leave when you know very well that I didn't want you to go."

"Why?" Key asked.

"What?" Jonghyun didn't understand his question.

"Why didn't you want me to go?"

When Jonghyun said  nothing Key tried to stand but then he froze. "Saranghae."

His eyes were wide as he searched Jonghyun's eyes. "What?"

"I love you that's why I didn't want you to go. I still don't want you to go. Give me a chance to show you how I feel. I regret that I didn't tell you or show you how I felt before but if you give me a chance I'll show you every single day of our lives together how much I love you." Jonghyun bumped his head with Key's and stayed that way as he waited for Key to respond.

Thoughts in Key's mind were going every where a mile per minute. He was afraid that if he said anything he would wake up and realize that this was all a dream. "Aren't you going to respond to my confession?"

All Key did was press his lips to Jonghyun's. The simple touch of lips became the sweetest kiss either one ever shared. Key pulled away and smiled.  "Saranghae."

Jonghyun grinned and pecked Key on his lips one more time before he shivered at the gust of wind that hit them. Getting up, Key took Jonghyun's hand and brought him to his feet.  "Let's go home before you catch a cold."

Jonghyun grinned and gripped Key's hand tightly as they headed home.

 

***************************************************

I know it's not super long but this was what I had written on Christmas day. Sorry It took forever to post. I've just been too lazy to type this even though I already had it written in paper. Plus it didn't help that I got sick. One of my many nieces was kind enough to give me her flu. *sigh* Please forgive me. Comment please I wish to know what you thought of this.