No Longer There

A Second Chance

Yes I got my much needed sleep but now I'm wide awake. -.-  I actually worked on this chapter after I finished writing the other one so if it y you know why.

Okay this chapter is mainly on Key. I really don't like writing angsty pieces, I don't think I'm good at them. Anyways, you'll see what I mean when you start to read.

*************************************************************

 

Key knew that now was the time that he left. He decided to leave when Jonghyun was at work since he knew he would change his mind if the other male was there.

Slowly he made his way to the guest bedroom where he had temporarily took residence the past few weeks. Touching everything that he had, at one point, seen Jonghyun touch.

He paused when he walked passed Jonghyun’s room. Leaning his forehead against the door, tears trickled down his cheeks. Wiping them away, he continued to his destination. As he placed each of his items into a small duffle bag, tears ran down his cheeks. He had to stop a few times, whenever he couldn’t see, to wipe the tears away.

Key slowly turned the knob of the door that lead into the room of the man he loved. Taking a deep breathe, he pushed the door open. He put his bag down next to the door before walking further inside.

The room was a fairly simple room that showed that a man slept in it. The colors were of darker shades than those that Key preferred. The room even smelled like the cologne that Jonghyun wore every day before going to work and the simple smell of Jonghyun. He ran his hand on the bed sheets and sat down. He looked all around him as if he were trying to memorize where everything was.

Looking at the clock on the bed side table, he saw that he only had a few hours before Jonghyun came home. Reluctantly , he made his way back to the door. Looking back one last time, he smiled before heading back down stairs.

He made his way to the living room. He leaned on the door way as he looking around the room filled with Christmas decorations. He smiled sadly to himself. He remembered clearly the small argument that they had before they decorated the whole house.

Jonghyun walk through the front door and instead of receiving his usually happy greeting he heard Key curse inside the living room. His eyes had opened wide when he saw Key on the floor losing a battle against some Christmas lights. Boxes of ornaments sat next a messy Christmas tree.

“What the heck is going on here?” Key’s head shot up when he heard his hyung’s voice.

“Hyung! God you’re here. Then you can help me with these pabo lights.” Key untangled himself from the lights and handed them to Jonghyun. He took them without a word, waiting for Key to answer his question.

Key turned to Jonghyun when he saw that the man hadn’t moved from where he stood. “What?”

“Answer my question my question. What the heck is going on here?”

Key frowned at the tone of voice. “What does it look like? It’s almost Christmas and you don’t have a single decoration up.”

“You know very well why there aren’t any.”

“Yes and I don’t think that she’ll want you to simply ignore this holiday when you’re at home.” Key responded not breaking eye contact.

“Key… don’t…”

“Jjong, you can’t let the past haunt you. You’re just pushing the past to the side, not leaving it were it’s suppose to be, in the past.”

Jonghyun’s eyes misted up as he thought about that Christmas four years ago. Wiping away the lone tear that fell, he nodded at Key and started to untangle the mess that Key made with the Christmas lights. Key smiled and turned to look at the tree with a determined look on his face.

Oh how he wished that he could spend this joyful time of year with Jonghyun but he knew that if he did he wouldn’t find it in himself to leave afterwards.

Walking to the small table in the center of the room, he placed a letter with Jonghyun’s name in the front on top of it.

It wasn't long after he left out the front door that Jonghyun came home. He shook of the bit of snowthat still clung to his winter jacket. "I'm home!"

No answer.

"Key?" He walked into the kitchen half expecting Key to be there making him a warm treat for them. There was no one there. Jogging up the stairs he called out once more. "Key?!"

The guest bedroom looked as if no one had ever been there in a long time. Panic spread in his chest. Running through out the house he kept calling out for the person he knew was no longer there.

 

****************************************************************

 

To tell you the truth this chapter isn't as long as I thought it would be even though I keep going back to see what I'm missing. If you see anything, please tell me and I'll rewrite it. Comment, please. Even you silent readers. ^_^