Thank You

A Second Chance

Like I said this is a little too early for a Christmas story but I finally got in the mood to write so that's what I'm doing writing.

 

***********************************************************

 

Jonghyun sighed as he took of his coat. It was that time of year again. The time that everyone is all smiles and cheer is at every turn. It would be the fourth Christmas without her. SeKyung. His ray of sun shine was taken from four years ago. Some drunken idiot killed her as she drove home from work.

After her death, he had gone in depression. Nothing seemed to help him. He wanted to do nothing. He didn's eat or sleep. If he did get either on of those it was because his friends forced him to eat and sleep only came after he drank until he passed out. When he looked at himself in the mirror he didn't recognize himself, all he saw was a broken man who wished that life would just end for him at that very moment. It took him months to get over her death. Life slowly began to go forward.

Even though this month brought him pain, he couldn't help but go and help others feel some of the Christmas cheer. Just today he had sat down in an old Santa Claus outfit for three hours, having children look at him in awe and tell him there Christmas wishes. By doing this simple thing I felt like I was keeping her memory clearly in his mind. She used to have him do this while they went out and even after they got married.

Exhausted he stretched his body as he made his way to the kitchen. Right now all he wanted was some hot chocolate, a good book, and maybe a quick nap before a small dinner.

He was just taking out the milk from the fridge when he heard the doorbell. Thinking that it ws his friend Minho he took his time walking to the door. He didn't expect a young man to fall in his arms. He seemed to have been beaten up badly. Quickly Jonghyun got him on the couch and called an ambulance. Being a doctor, he knew the risks of someone being this badly hurt physically hurt can sometimes mean internal injuries.

At the hospital, he lied and said that the injuried man was his cousin and that he would take care of all the medical bills. Being a doctor in that hospital, it made his "cousin" an important patient. It was not long before he was back at home making sure the sleeping man was comfortable. Taking one last worried glance at the sleeping man, he left to continue making his hot chocolate.

Jonghyun's mind wandered back to the man in the guest room. How could anyone beat up another human being in such a manner? Luckily nothing was serious and the man would be back on his feet in no time. The poor thing would be badly bruised for some time though. After the blood had been wiped off, Jonghyun could see that he was rather beautiful for a man. Shaking his head, he really hadn't just thought that the other man was beautiful.

A groan could be heard from the guest room. Putting down his drink, he made his way to the extra room. Maybe the injuried man could answer some of his questions.

Key opened his eyes slowly. He groaned when he saw the light. He looked around him when his eyes adjusted to the light. Nothing seemed familiar. Looking at in the direction of the door, he saw a man standing there. He would have tried to run if he had not seen the gentleness in the strangers eyes. But what also stopped him was the sadness he saw there. Even though he didn't know this person he felt like he could trust him with his life.

"Hi there. Feeling alright?"

Key nodded his head then groaned again. The stranger walked to the side of the bed, gave him to capsules from the bottle on the bedside table and a glass a water. "Here this will help with the pain."

When he saw that Key hesitated he smiled. "Don't worry I'm not trying to drug you. They're just pain killers. Look." He picked up the bottle so that Key could read the label.

Aftrer Key drank all the water he put the glass on the small table. "Mind telling me your name?"

"Kibum... Kim Kibum but everyone calls me Key."

"Well, Key mind telling me how you got yourself in this condition and why you rang on my door bell?"

Key looked down at his hands. Tears started to run down his eyes. The whole incident came to the ront of his mind. "My father... my father did this to me. He found out that my mother was cheating on him. I just came home from the university. I expected to see a happy family gathering, but what I got was this. My father was the only one home, my mother had left. My father was ranting about my mothers unfaithfulness, when he suddendly turned to me and accused me of knowing all along about her cheating. I didn't know anything. I didn't even know that they were having problems. He... he didn't listen to me. He just beat me and called me and my mother all sorts off names. He left me there... I knew I needed help but my phone was broken when my father.... Your the only person that opened the door to me."

His sobs could be heard clearly through out the silent room. Jonghyun clenched his fist when he heard that it was Key's father that did this to him. How could a parent do this to his own child just because of marital pproblems? Leaning forward he took Key into his arms and let him lean on him. Key's cries got louder and slowly subsided to a few sniffs and hick ups.

"Feeling better?" Key nodded against his ahoulder. "Good you should eat then get some rest. Your body still needs to heal and sleep will help."

Getting up he walked to the door. "Wait!" Jonghyun turned to face Key. "What's your name? I want to thank you."

"My name is Jonghyun. Kim Jonghyun. And you don't need to thank me for anything. I just did what was right."

"Thank you anyways, Jonghyun sshi. There aren't many people as you think that would help a complete stranger." Jonghyun nodded his head and turned to make him something to eat.

He came back with a tray carrying a bowl of porrdige and a glass of juice. "I don't think you should eat anything heavy right now so I just made this."

Key nodded as he slowly began to eat. Jonghyun stayed watching him eat every last drop "I should get going." Key said and tried to move off the bed but Jonghyun stopped him.

"None of that. You need to rest so sleep. I don't mind if you do that here. In fact, I perfer that you rest where I can make sure you don't get worst." Jonghyun smiled down at him as he picked up everything.

Key hesitated before laying back down. "I'll leave tomorrow then. I don't want to be a bother."

"You're no bother at all. Now rest. Your body needs it."

Key nodded. Sleep started to over take him. Before the dream world took him he whispered a thank you to Jonghyun.

 

*********************************************************************************

Okay I know it's short but I decided to post the begining and later on the rest. If I were to post everything together than it would take me forever to post it. Plus I would have typed more but I burned one of my hands with hot water, so I've been typing with one hand.

Comment on what you thought of this chapter. Comments always motivate me to write more and post it sooner.