Chapter 3

from here

It was a weekend when Jimin laid sprawled on his bed, nothing planned for the rest of the day but that was before Taehyung dragged him out of his house. Now they’re at this get together with mostly senior high school students from Jimin’s school. It was mid-afternoon when Taehyung decided to drag Jimin at this party. Jimin wondered why Taehyung knew about this party and not him but he wasn’t surprised, Taehyung had a lot of ways and a lot of friends despite being homeschooled.

“Look who decided to finally show up!” Anna chimed upon seeing the sight of Jimin entering the space. Jimin gave her a timid smile and wave as Taehyung was pulling him on the other side of the place.

The place was peaceful, filled with students with a cup of cider, juice or soft drinks on hand. It was an alcohol-free party since most of the students have not reached 18 yet. The place was nice and warm, opposite to the temperature outside. The party was organized by one of the richest students on campus, a two-story house with a pool just outside the building, the place resonating with the sound of soft pop music emitting from the speakers at every corner of the ceiling. It wasn’t a wild party like what most western people would throw; this party was more of the side of sober socializing.

Taehyung handed him a cup of orange juice, Jimin likes anything orange while Taehyung got a cup of cider. People were piled either in the kitchen, living room or at the pool area. The second floor was mostly free from any people aside from Aya’s (the person who organized the party) close friends.

“Glad you guys could come!” Aya said as she raced down the stairs, the disposable camera on hand. She gave both Jimin and Taehyung a warm hug. “You can chill upstairs, it’s only a few of us” Aya suggested and then leaned her lips closer to them to whisper “I have loads of desserts in my room, too”

Taehyung grinned and pulled Jimin up the stairs, more excited of getting his hands or rather mouth on the desserts, “I’ll catch up with you guys later!” Aya said after snapping a photo of them with her disposable camera. Jimin nodded at her before getting dragged by Taehyung once again.

Two things Jimin did not expect upon entering Aya’s room: 1) Her room didn’t look like any regular room but more of a living room with a bed, a huge living room with curtains high on the wall to the wooden floor, sprawling and then 2) they indeed were not alone but he did not ever expect Jeongguk to be in the same space as him which shocked him more than #1 did.

“Welcome, President” Jeongguk said with a hint of tease in his voice, Jimin caught himself speechless from the younger ones presence; he slightly bowed at him and waited for Taehyung to enter the room. He did not have the balls to even step inside the room now that Jeongguk was in the room, too, together with Yoongi who was seating beside Jeongguk on the beige sofa; he was seated rather closer than normal to Jeongguk which earned a slight twitch in the eyebrow from Jimin.

Taehyung walked deeper inside the room, approaching Jeongguk with a huge grin. Jimin knew what his best friend is about to do but Taehyung extended his hand to Jeongguk before Jimin could even grab his arm and prevent it.

“Nice to see you again, Jeongguk” Taehyung said earning for Jeongguk to grin at him and nod, “It’s nice to see you, too, Taehyung” Jeongguk replied.

Jimin still couldn’t shake this unfamiliar feeling upon seeing Yoongi pressed beside Jeongguk. Unknowingly, he had his fist clenched; buried deep inside his jean pocket. He held his gaze until Taehyung cleared his throat loudly and nudged him on his waist, hard. Jimin snapped from it and looked at his best friend who was sending daggers towards him and mouthing incoherent words.

After his odd behavior, Taehyung had pulled him at a couch in the very corner and confronted Jimin. “What was that?” Taehyung curiously asked eyebrows burrowed.

Jimin shrugged, acting like he didn’t remember the incident he weirdly pulled a while ago. Taehyung softly grunted, avoiding to attract attention from the rest of the people in the room. Seriously this time, Taehyung leaned closer to Jimin as he kept his gaze still on his best friend’s eyes.

“You literally almost killed Yoongi with your eyes, dude. Am I missing out on something, Jimin?” Taehyung asked while Jimin tried to avoid his best friend’s eyes, he felt interrogated by his own best friend. Jimin kept his gaze elsewhere, from the surroundings to the ceiling; just not at Taehyung’s burning eyes.

Taehyung grunted for the nth time, frustrated over Jimin’s approach on his odd behavior. It was so weird for Jimin to be acting like this since he knew Jimin so well. Jimin was not a person who acts like this. Jimin was a person who's calm and collected and the Jimin in front of Taehyung was far from the Jimin he knew.

“Nothing, I swear,” Jimin said, still refusing to meet Taehyung’s eyes. It resorted for Taehyung to cradle Jimin’s face between his palms and meet his eyes, “Do you like Jeongguk or something? Or do you have a secret hatred towards Yoongi?” Taehyung softly asked, preventing people to eavesdrop their conversation.

Jimin swallowed a big lump in his throat, no choice but to look Taehyung dead in the eyes. “I am your best friend and I just want to know. I won’t judge you, okay?” Taehyung reassured Jimin earning a heavy sigh from the latter.

“I-I just felt something weird when I saw Yoongi seated very close to J-Jeongguk. I don’t know why but I just did” Jimin blushed once he admitted. Taehyung furrowed his brows in confusion. Jimin nibbled on his lower lip, anxiously waiting for Taehyung’s words.

Taehyung processed what Jimin said, opening and closing his mouth trying to come up with something to say. After a minute of constructing his words inside his brain, Taehyung finally spoke: “You like the kid Jeongguk?” Jimin’s initial reaction was to shriek so loud and panic upon hearing Taehyung’s words as he clasped his best friend’s mouth with his hand.

The students around them paused with what they were doing and checked Jimin about what the fuss was about and that included Jeongguk, head perking up from the sofa they were seated and glanced back at Jimin who shook his head, “Sorry for disturbing, guys” Jimin announced, the students nodded back at Jimin and  continued talking with one another.

“You didn’t have to do that, Taehyungie and no, I do not have any pinch of like for Jeongguk. What I did was odd but I just know I don’t like him. I mean I do not not like him, he isn’t just my type plus he is what? Two years younger than me? I don’t have any interest in him at all, Taehyungie”

“Okay, okay. I get it. You didn’t have to go that hard. I get it and I believe you” Taehyung said giving his best friend a reassuring pat on his back.

Later that night, the students were all packed in the living room, still having fun and chatting so deep that they were unaware of the sun setting. It was a weekend after all; they had to make the most out of it until class starts on weekdays once again. This get-together was also meant to catch up and hang out with each other a much as possible before they go their separate ways after graduating from senior high school or so what Aya had said.

It was also on that night when Jimin knew what Jeongguk was in Yoongi’s life and vice versa. He learned about how they were best friends from when they were still a kid which Jimin understood why they were so close and never apart from each other. Jimin understood so well since he also has that person in his life, Taehyung.  It was like a heavy feeling has been lifted upon hearing the story of their friendship which was narrated by Yoongi himself. Jeongguk had been silent for most of the time except when he was asked a question from the rest.

“He’ll get non-stop talkative once he is comfortable,” Yoongi said during that night when Taehyung asked the former why the kid was mostly silent all the time.

Jimin had been doing the unexpected this day and this time was not an exception when Jimin stood up and sat beside Jeongguk who was busy staring blankly in space. It was the right time for Jimin to poke the younger on the arm, Jeongguk looked up at the source and eyes grew wide upon seeing Jimin in front of him.

Jeongguk let out a small smile, ‘What’s up, president” he greets. Jimin rolled his eyes, it was his mission to let the younger one call him by his name after all.

“Jimin, try calling me that” Jimin insisted, pouting in the process when Jeongguk shook his head. Jeongguk had a playful smile on him, a boyish smile which earned another tingling sensation in Jimin’s stomach like the other day in the rooftop. Jimin lightly coughed, ignoring the weird feeling in his stomach and proceeded to pester the younger into calling him Jimin for the nth time.

“I don’t know why you are so persistent about it, president. I respect you that is why I call you with the title you deserve” Jeongguk had said, surprising Jimin who was unable to retort a humorous comment seeing how serious the younger looked, “I would like it better for people to call me Jimin” he lied, he never wanted people to call him Jimin unless they’re: 1) The faculty 2) Taehyung 3) His parents 4) His close friends and 5) Jeongguk. Jeongguk falls on the ‘close friends’ category, right?

Jeongguk leaned on to the sofa they were seated on, nodding his head in understanding. He tilted his head at Jimin’s direction; staring the latter right into his brown orbs. Jimin’s breath hitched, it felt like time slowed down and it was just Jimin and Jeongguk’s eyes filled with every star in the universe. Eyes glistening from the light, if you’d watch closer, you’d be able to see your own reflection in the younger’s eyes which amazed Jimin. If he had the authority, he would surely list Jeongguk’s galaxy-filled orbs in the 7 Wonders of the World.

It was not until Jeongguk poked his cheeks that Jimin snapped from his thoughts, he’s positive that he’s beat red in the eyes of the younger. Jimin faked a cough and diverted his eyes from the hanging chandelier at the center of the living room, sparkling crystals from the chandelier glistened like Jeongguk’s eyes. Jimin choked. Nope. I refuse to think about those beautiful orbs.

“You seem to be very deep in thought, Jiminie”

“I told you to call m- wait, what?” Jimin swiftly turned his direction at the younger. He needed a moment or two to compose himself. Jeongguk had a smug smile plastered on his face, clearly a look that he was teasing the older. Jimin barely knew Jeongguk but he was familiar with the expression, mostly seen at the rooftop every lunchtime on weekdays.

“I said Jimin, not Jiminie” he complained but was rather feeling giddy about the nickname which Taehyung uses to call him, too. But this time it was different. Yes, he felt giddy when Taehyung called him with the said nickname before but it was when they were kids. Of course one would feel giddy about cute nicknames made by their best friend but why was it different in Jeongguk’s case? He felt another tingling sensation in his stomach, a sensation which became wider and wider enough to fill up all the spaces in this stomach.

“Jiminie sounds very much cuter… like you” the said words made Jimin choke on his own spit, earning a coughing fit from the latter. Jeongguk sheepishly grinned in front of him. Oh, how Jimin would love to wipe off that grin off that beautiful face. Jimin made another coughing fit; realizing how he thought Jeongguk’s face was beautiful.

What a way to embarrass myself

The night turned into a blushing mess for Jimin and the reason for that? It was mostly thanks to Jeongguk catching him off guard. Always. The night turned deeper, some students decided to retreat back to their respective households while some decided to sleep over at Aya’s place since the chatting became hotter and hotter, teas spilling everywhere. Jeongguk and Yoongi decided to retreat back to their house before the clock  10.  

“Why not sleep over? C’mon! It’s going to be our last year, Yoongi” some students chorused, when it comes to Yoongi, everything is all planned out and his say will always and will be the final say. So when he declined, the rest nodded their head; trying not to push Yoongi’s buttons. Jeongguk seemed to be unbothered beside Yoongi and once the latter glanced back at Jeongguk, Jimin could see Yoongi’s blank expression turn soft and endearing in front of Jeongguk and it made Jimin realize how pure and strong their friendship was. Jimin could place well that Yoongi was Jeongguk’s protector and best friend at the same time. He suddenly felt his chest churn into something bothering; he couldn’t shake the feeling off. It was nothing like the tingling feeling in his stomach but rather a much different one, something bothering and ugly. It almost felt like he was envious but why would he be envious in the first place? He had no reason at all to be envious.

Both Yoongi and Jeongguk bid farewell to the rest and before they were to exit the house, Jimin’s breath hitched when Jeongguk met Jimin’s eyes, giving him a soft smile. “Goodnight, Jiminie”

After they have closed the door, Jimin was able to breathe again. He lifted his hand and clutched his chest, another feeling he cannot pinpoint. He felt hot which was odd since the temperature was far from burning hot. A pair of hands gripped Jimin’s shoulders which surprised him but once he glanced behind, it was none other than his best friend; Jimin was able to be at ease now.

“I know I let it slide the first time a while ago but now that I have been spying on you both, I am positively sure that there is something going on between you” Taehyung eyed him accusingly like he had something up his sleeve. Jimin quickly denied and promised Taehyung that there was totally nothing going on between them, they were just playing around and talking to each other.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, not believing Jimin and his defensive tone, “You both were talking four hours straight, Jimin. He was clearly flirting at you and you obviously were so beat red from blushing too hard which is cute, don’t get me wrong, you both looked cute” Jimin opened his mouth in retaliation but was shut down by Taehyung who was apparently not done talking. “You talked for four hours straight, Jimin. Four hours straight” Taehyung accentuated his words to get it through Jimin’s ears to his brain.

“What about it? Talking to a friend is normal, Tae” Jimin pouted, confused about where Taehyung is going with this conversation.

“You talked for four hours straight, no pauses. Now, Jimin, you are the person who does not talk to people for hours straight and actually hold an entertaining conversation” Taehyung said in a manner of fact, “You and I talk for several hours. I do not see how that is a problem with you, Tae” Jimin felt judged by him own best friend, felt like was incapable of talking to a person for several hours and once he does, it would be a shocking concept.

“No, no. I wasn’t saying it was a problem, Jiminie. It is actually a good thing to be able to talk to someone who’s entertaining enough to catch your attention. Jeongguk seems like a good company for you. I have never seen you blush that hard, though” Jimin grunted at the last remark Taehyung said, grunting as he buried his face on the pillow of the sofa.

“As I said, I was not blushing. Okay? Why would I blush, though? He isn’t my type” Jimin insisted which only earned a light nod from his best friend and a knowing smirk. Jimin knew that smirk all too well and it irritated him even more, “I said, he is not my type” he insisted more which earned another light nod from his best friend.

“Suuure. I got it”

“We are not done, Taehyung. I swear to god it is not what it looks like” Jimin insisted more, “I got it, Jiminie. You don’t have to go that hard” Taehyung once again said. Jimin was not having it, he grunted and punched his best friend square on the arm which made Taehyung giggle at his best friend’s reaction.

“He is totally not my type. He is far from it” Jimin said, it wasn’t directly at Taehyung but more like directed to himself.

Jeongguk and the Min family decided to go by the lake and do some family activity. When they say a family outing, it would most likely be anything that had to do anything with fishing and he was right. It was an hour-long drive to get to their destination- Lake Biwa. It was a known place for fishing, a rather great place for fishing. Upon arrival, they were only a handful of people fishing in the area. By looking at Yoongi, Jeongguk knew the older one was so excited about this activity probably more excited than his father if Jeongguk were to tell the truth.

Jeongguk, on the other hand, had no interest in fishing; it was never an adventure for him or something worth his time. Waiting for fishes to latch on to the bait? He would rather capture the experience alone which is why he brought a lot of films on their way to the lake to take several photos of the family fishing and seating by the corner.

He was seated beside Yoongi who was busy attaching the bait to the hook, it looked peaceful and healing so Jeongguk took a snapshot of it; another addition to his growing collections of photos. Yoongi was so used to it, at first he was not into the idea of getting his picture taken but once Jeongguk explained his reason for doing so; he couldn’t do anything but to agree to the younger. It brought tears to Yoongi’s eyes but the latter will most likely try to deny it.

“So…” Yoongi started, now Jeongguk’s attention was all on Yoongi, “Jimin, huh?” he said, now sending the lure flying to the targeted spot; Yoongi waited for the plug to land on the target before looking at Jeongguk.

Jeongguk was silently on his seat, observing his best friend do what he loves best. He froze under Yoongi’s gaze, he looked very serious which scared Jeongguk more but still brought himself to answer the older one, “What about Jimin?” he calmly asked, trying to stay cool despite the growing tension in the air.

“You know what I am talking about, Jeongguk” Yoongi said, crossing his legs; waiting for fishes to latch on his bait. Eyes still focused on the younger as he had his arms crossed across his chest. Jeongguk knew Yoongi hardly gets scary in front of him, now Jeongguk knew this was a serious matter seeing how Yoongi lifted his eyebrow; waiting for him to reply.

“Jimin is just a friend, Yoongi. Don’t put such malice in every person I talk to” Jeongguk bravely said, he knew this will surely drive Yoongi into a more pissed expression which was definitely working seeing how the lines of Yoongi’s forehead multiplied and brows furrowing.

“It seemed like it was something to worry about seeing you act with him the other day” Yoongi blurted, Jeongguk nibbled on his bottom lip; now avoiding Yoongi’s piercing gaze. He was afraid of him this time; it felt like he was accused of doing something illegal when in fact, he was just trying to befriend someone.

“I was trying to befriend someone, seeing how I hardly have friends at school, Yoongi” he explained himself, eyes on the ripples on the lake; Yoongi was still not able to catch something.

“Seriously? Befriending someone who only has a few months left as a senior high? You should be smarter than that, Guk” Yoongi coldly chuckled; Jeongguk felt suffocated the more he stayed beside Yoongi which never understood the concept of befriending someone despite who it was. Jeongguk was annoyed and disappointed at the same time. Yoongi should’ve asked Jeongguk before pointing at him accusingly. Yes, Jimin as a person is attractive and charming but his purpose wasn’t what Yoongi was thinking of; he wanted to befriend Jimin and that was that. Nothing more, nothing less. He was disappointed with his best friend.

“You know? Before accusing me of something I actually did not do, you should really try to understand me more. I thought you were my best friend but I feel like you do not even understand me one bit at all” Jeongguk grew furious but still trying to compose his anger, refraining himself from blowing up and do something he might regret because Yoongi is still his best friend after all but he did still feel so upset and disappointed. He looked Yoongi straight in the eye, now it didn’t matter when Yoongi’s gaze softened at Jeongguk or how the look of realization hit Yoongi, Jeongguk was downright upset and he has the right to be.

“I was just trying to save you and remind you what the doctor said, Jeongguk. I hope you understand that. I care about you and your health, to save you from a possible heartbreak” Yoongi explained, panic evident in his eyes as he tried to convince the younger one that his worry was all nothing but looking out for him and his health.

“Whatever” Jeongguk had enough of it, he was done with this conversation. He stood up harshly and rough making the stool he was sitting on fall in the process. Yoongi clearly was not listening to him.

“Wait, Guk!” Yoongi called for him in panic, “Save it. Have fun fishing” And with that, Jeongguk wasn’t feeling like taking photos of the beautiful scenery anymore, he wasn’t feeling like doing anything anymore. He felt exhausted and annoyed.

The drive back home was silent; Jeongguk had his earphones on to avoid any conversation with Yoongi. His anger had boiled down but he was still annoyed at him, he was still hurt. Yoongi tried talking to him but he would just shrug him off, sending him daggers and scooted more away from Yoongi.

Just as they arrived home, Jeongguk didn’t waste any more time and bee-lined towards their shared room. One way or the other, Yoongi and he must have to talk it out but today wasn’t that day. He was exhausted mentally, emotionally and physically; all he needs right now is to re-energize himself with a long nap.

“Jeongguk…” Yoongi softly said, he was already by the door frame when Jeongguk dusted off his bed to prepare himself from taking this long nap he was dreading for, “Not now” he firmly said, not sparing a glance towards Yoongi’s direction.

“We should talk about this. I know I may have overreacted. Let me just apologize, okay?” Yoongi persisted, not wanting this day to end with them having this huge misunderstanding and feud between each other.

“Like I said” Jeongguk halted on what he was doing, eyes looking directly towards Yoongi’s apologetic orbs, “Not now. I have enough of today and I just want to take a long nap. You got that, right?” he said, anger seeping through his words like venom yet Jeongguk didn’t scream or make a scene like normal people do when they’re emotional. Jeongguk was calm and firm with his words which Yoongi feel a little scared over the younger one, feeling too much emotion internally can affect the younger’s health which is why Yoongi wanted to talk to him before he goes to sleep yet once he heard the younger’s words, he surrendered to it; not wanting to aggravate and annoy the younger one even more.

Yoongi nodded, head low in defeat, “I understand. I’ll be downstairs if you need me” and with that, Yoongi retreated from the door frame before closing the door behind him.

Yoongi may have overreacted that time at the lake but if he were to go back to that moment, he would still deliver the same message but probably with a more different approach. Yoongi felt really bad for acting that way to Jeongguk, his best friend, his brother, the person he swore to protect and take care but how will he even protect him when he himself has broken the younger’s heart?

Jeongguk has taught him to be patient and that’s what he is going to do, drown himself in agony and regret before being able to talk to Jeongguk and apologize. There he was, in the dining room, brooding and thinking back about the conversation he and Jeongguk had, and to think about it, he realized how upfront and rude he sounded like, accusing the younger one of such without even hearing Jeongguk’s side since they were talking about Jeongguk and his growing friendship with the student body president, Jimin.

“I guess Jeongguk kicked you out off the room again?” his mother softly asked, gracefully walking towards the dining area and sitting right across Yoongi who still has his brooding expression plastered on his face. Yoongi grunted in response, sensing another speech from his mom once she sat in front of him and cleared .

“Mom, save the speech for another day. I am already beating myself up because of what I did and now Jeongguk is taking a nap with an unsettled heart because what I have said to him. So, whatever you are going to say, save it for another day” Yoongi heaved a deep sigh, burying his face on his arms. His mom nodded and smiled softly, “I was about to say Jeongguk called for you, he couldn’t sleep”.

Yoongi froze, immediately lifting his head to look at his mom and see if she was trying to fool him, she seemed very much serious. Without any other word, Yoongi instantly stood up and quickened his pace towards their room.

Just before turning the knob to their room, he took a deep breath to calm and ready himself for what’s coming. He closed his eyes, inhaled deep and exhaled then turning the knob slowly earning a squeak from the door, Yoongi cursed at it as his heart started to beat fast in nervousness.

“Jeongguk?” Yoongi asked, slowly entering the dimly lit room as the sun finally has set and the only source of light is the illuminating shine of the moon reflecting inside their room, Jeongguk has always found comfort in the dark.

“I-I’m here” the younger replied, so soft and so fragile. And just like that, Yoongi immediately closed the door behind him and preceded down to Jeongguk’s bed, worry clouding the older’s thoughts. Jeongguk was bundled inside the warmth of his duvet, head peeking out and his hair disheveled and it was such a warm sight with the moon illuminating Jeongguk’s boyish features, Yoongi’s heart warmed by the sight.

“H-hey” Yoongi softly whispered, afraid of shaking up the younger one as he lay peacefully on the bed, eyes never leaving Yoongi’s features. Jeongguk softly nodded and slowly lifting himself up, bringing his knees up over his chest as he leaned on the wall, still looking at Yoongi who was carefully sitting by the edge of Jeongguk’s bed.

Jeongguk looked not on his best and Yoongi blamed it on himself, he has caused Jeongguk to stress himself out and maybe resulting to triggering the kid’s health and if it did, he won’t ever forgive himself for that.

“I’m fine, don’t worry” Jeongguk softly spoke, sensing the growing frustration in Yoongi’s head as the latter had growing lines on his forehead and a deep frown evident on his features, Jeongguk never seemed to miss anything out; always knew Yoongi from deep inside and out.

Yoongi nodded, slightly feeling calm over the younger one’s health.

“I want to say I am sorry. I have been very very unfair to you and you must feel really disappointed in me. It was very insensitive and selfish of me for what I did and said. I am just so sorry, Guk and I do not know if you will ever forgive me about it” Yoongi rambled, restless upon speaking to the younger one who was just silently sitting there in the corner, looking as weak and fragile as ever; listening to him yapping and yapping.

“It was and I understand what you were trying to say back there” Jeongguk spoke gently, so gentle that a blow of wind might break the younger’s voice into particles, scattering through the horizon.

“But, Yoongi” This time Jeongguk’s voice quivered startling Yoongi upon hearing it, the younger’s glassy eyes reflected in the darkness. The sight broke Yoongi, it should have never come to this. Yoongi swallowed hard and slowly came nearer and nearer to the younger until he was right in front of him.

“I wanted to be like normal kids out there” Jeongguk started, the quivering still evident in his voice “I want to make many friends as much as possible, meet people and play with them. I know I am not like any other kid, don’t you think I don’t know that?” Jeongguk hiccuped, sniffing due to his runny nose, now crying as the fat teardrop rolled down on his cheeks down to the soft duvet beneath him, “But I still want to make memories, more fun and unforgettable memories before I.. before I..”

“Jeongguk, don’t”

“Before I die. I want to make more unforgettable memories before I die, Yoongi”

Yoongi also choked on his tears, seeing how broken the younger one is in front of him, “Don’t. I told you not to say that, Guk. That’s not … that’s n-not true”

“It’s true and you know that. I did not befriend Jimin because I want to be with him, I want to be his friend. He’ll be my first ever friend here in Osaka and you’re not happy about that? Do you want me to keep locked inside the house and live an awful life here in Osaka before I am gone? You want me to be happy, right? You said that, right?”

Yoongi nodded, he feels so grossed out about himself right now. He hates himself for making Jeongguk feel this way. He felt ashamed of himself, so so ashamed of the person he has become.

“And if ever I found someone I love romantically, I want you to be happy for me. Don’t stop me for feeling good about being in love and I know there will be a price to pay. I just want to be happy and live the life how I want it to be” Jeongguk sounded firm this time, the weakness in his voice still was evident but the firmness ruled over. Yoongi looked into the younger’ eyes, now showing a spark of determination and passion which Yoongi often saw and so he nodded, he agreed that he won’t be in the way of the younger one’s happiness.

“I understand and I apologize for what I did. It was so ty of me to act that way and from this day onwards, I swore to never be in the way of your happiness because that is what you deserve, you deserve to live a happy and fruitful life. I will support you onwards and I will not let you down this time, Guk” Yoongi promised, determined as ever and he can now see the growing smile on the younger’s face. And just like that, their friendship became much stronger than it already was before but this time around, there were good changes; changes that might make or break one of them but Yoongi never bothered to dwell on the ugly side, for now.

They decided to hug it out with Jeongguk giggling in the process, eye smile like the crescent moon up in the dim sky above, overlooking them and being the only witness of their weakest moments. The boyish grins shared by two boys at the darkest of night, reforming and building their friendship into a much stronger version of it. Communication is key and the answer to all misunderstandings between people who love and care for each other.

“Remember that I care about you, alright?” Yoongi asked, making it clear that he will be there for Jeongguk and be there supporting him and his happiness with the best of his ability. Jeongguk with a bright grin nodded, he’s really back to his own self and it made Yoongi swear to himself to keep it that way.

The day at the rooftop was rather different when Jimin decided to drag Jeongguk in the library because he wanted a company when he’s studying for the entrance exam, Jimin reasoned out. So there they were, at the library surrounded by the silence of the space. A handful of students were in the space, too, mostly senior high students who were also studying for their entrance exam.

Jeongguk and Jimin were situated behind all the racks full of books, there the place was deserted from other students and it was only him and Jimin in the area. Jimin was too focused on his notes to entertain Jeongguk who was dead-beat bored. Jeongguk resorted to roaming around the racks of books, scanning the books in a disinterested manner, the disposable camera on hand.

The sun decided to shine brightly today, the rays seeping through the spaces between each book and giving off the room a musty vibe. Jeongguk decided to roam deeper into the library, into the musty corner of the library where rotten and untouched books were placed. It was a picturesque scene; he could not help but bring his disposable camera to his line of sight and capture the still view.

Jeongguk slowly retreated back to their table when he had reached the last section in the library, as he was glancing outside the library, he was rather astounded by the beauty of the trees outside the library, he took his camera once again and took a photo of it; another addition to his growing memories inside his photo album.

Step by step he grew closer to their table and when he was now three tables away, Jeongguk grew still at the scene before him; it made him blink a few times, throat a little dry and heartbeat a little bit faster now. The sight before him was beyond what words could explain; it was rather a sublime sight if he were to just use one adjective. It wasn’t something but rather someone, and that someone was Jimin.

Jimin who was so engrossed into reading his notes that he was unaware of how picturesque he was; the rays of sun shining before him, his dark orbs growing a shade lighted due to the sun’s shine. His eyes are as beautiful as amber and lashes feathering on his apples whenever he blinked. Jeongguk swallowed hard, unmoved still. The features of Jimin accentuated, the gloss on his lips shone more and the slope of his beautiful nose was evident due to the shadow it gave. Jeongguk slowly raised his camera to his line of sight and captured the most beautiful view in front of him; he believed it was by far his most favorite memory.

The solemn atmosphere added to the vibe of the photo and he was so excited to have it developed and see the taken version of the view, maybe the camera might not capture its real beauty but Jeongguk will surely remember this scene right here, even after a day, weeks, months or years, he is definitely sure he will be able to remember this.

Jeongguk snapped into his daze, he had been staring at Jimin for quite a long time now. He glanced to his left, back and front, trying to see if someone had seen him literally drool over the sight of Jimin’s ethereal beauty. Once he made sure no one saw, he continued his way towards their table, now feeling rather nervous as he came closer and closer to the student body president.

“What took you so long? I was getting bored here” Jimin spoke once he has felt Jeongguk’s presence. Jimin glanced to his left, looking at Jeongguk and the latter almost choked on his spit, he was so beautiful up close; it made his heartbeat’s pace even faster.

“Umm...I was taking photos” Jeongguk said, suddenly feeling nervous and shy in front of Jimin as he tapped his camera. Jimin’s eyes lit up upon seeing the camera, “Do you think you can take a photo of me, too? You can have it as a remembrance since, you know, I won’t be here next year” Jimin said, tilting his head cutely at the younger.

“S-sure” Jeongguk stuttered, hands clammy and shaking as he brought his camera once again over his eyes.

Click.

Jimin remained his wide grin even after Jeongguk took a photo of him which warmed Jeongguk’s cheeks earning him to tilt his head down in shyness, “Let me take a look at it before you put it in your collection, okay?” Jimin asked. Jeongguk shyly nodded, it’s definitely going to be such a long day.

He must have done something good in his past life when the bell decided to go off; signaling for students lunch break has ended. Jeongguk abruptly stood up as Jimin was still gathering all his stuff.

“I...I think I need to go ahead. I h-have something to d-do. See you later” Jeongguk said and before he dashed out the library, he didn’t forget to place the lollipop over Jimin’s notes.

Blueberry flavor.

Taehyung and Jimin were found back at Miss Yagi’s backyard but this time Jimin made sure to keep Taehyung away from the flowers. No one wants a repeat of the same incident. They were lazily sitting over the blanket that placed on the grass, saving them from the itchiness of the grass.

“You have been silent, this is weird,” Taehyung said, growing suspicious over Jimin’s silence as the latter twirled on something that looked like a lollipop, “You have been staring at that lollipop since you came knocking on my door. This is weird. Mom, I’m scared” Taehyung pouted, scooting away from his best friend who seemed like he hasn’t even heard a word he said.

“Hey!” Taehyung snapped, shoving his best friend with the use of his right foot after another five minutes passed of Jimin not talking and staring weirdly at the lollipop between his fingers.

“What?!” Jimin also snapped once he fell on his side from Taehyung’s strong foot shove, “What gives, man?” he said, dusting the non-existent dust on his shoulder as he situated himself back over the blanket, now looking at his best friend questionably.

“You have been silent ever since we got here and you have been staring at that stupid lollipop. Are you alright? You can talk to me, you know. I am your best friend after all” Taehyung said, scooting closer to his best friend, full attention to him.

“I am fine and it’s not a stupid lollipop” Jimin said, slightly glaring at Taehyung as he slowly unwrapped the lollipop and shove it inside his mouth, pocketing the plastic wrapper in the process.

Taehyung rolled his eyes; his best friend is becoming childish by the minute, “Okay. You need to tell me exactly what’s bothering you. Are you stressed over the workload, the responsibilities, and the entrance exam?” Taehyung decided to guess since Jimin was not helping him understand what was wrong with his best friend.

“School’s fine, there is nothing to worry about. I swear” Jimin said, eyes enlarging as he was convincing Taehyung, the latter believed him as always. “But…” Jimin added, downcast as he was looking elsewhere away from Taehyung’s gaze.

“But what?”

“It’s nothing. I just… I’m just very confused right now” Jimin said, burrowing his eyebrows as he was thinking about something else. Something he was not ready to admit yet and Taehyung respects that, that’s why Taehyung did not dwell on it longer and just nodded, he’ll still be here once Jimin speaks out about what’s bothering him.

The summer heat was getting closer as Jimin felt the trickling sweat cascaded down from his nape to his back. It’s almost summer and that meant it was almost the second term. His days are counted as a senior high student and yes he was excited for another chapter of his life unfolds but why does he feel like he does not want to let go yet? It was maybe fear of the world beyond the walls of the campus, the fear of the unknown future.

But what bothered him throughout the day was the thought of one person, a person with a pair of doe-eyes that holds the secret of the galaxy in it. Jimin grunted, why was it hard to shake the thought off the younger one? Maybe it was the younger ones off behavior back at the library, on how the younger dashed outside when the bell rang.

“What would you do if you like someone but can’t because it was not worth it?” Jimin spoke after a long hour of silence, startling Taehyung. The latter looked at Jimin in bewilderment, did he hear it wrong?

“Is this what you are bothered about?” Taehyung asked but Jimin seemed to not bother replying him, “What would you do?” Jimin continued, staring at the distance.

“Why would it be not worth it? If you like someone, you should tell him or her whether or not they reciprocate the same feeling or not” Taehyung replied and was surprised when he caught Jimin’s attention with his response. The look of Jimin’s face was distant; he looked like he had been fighting with himself internally. The latter kept spacing out every once in a while which really bothered Taehyung since they have been in Miss Yagi’s backyard since the afternoon and it was already slowly dimming, the sun almost completely out.

“It’s not worth it since I am going to away after the third term” Jimin explained, ruffling his hair in confusion. “You know what?” he abruptly stood up, “I am going to forget about this, this is just something temporary,” Jimin told Taehyung but it was more likely to convince himself. Jimin nodded to himself and looked at Taehyung, signaling him to stand up so they could get out of the backyard before the mosquitoes get to them.

“You are weird and I don’t understand your train of thought today. But whatever makes you sleep at night” Taehyung said before he bid Jimin goodbye and walked down the path to his house as Jimin did so, too.

That night Jimin had a hard time sleeping, mind still running fast with the thought of someone he wouldn’t want to admit he had feelings for Jeongguk. Jimin shook his head, “This is a temporary thing” he lastly convinced himself as he closed his eyes, forcing himself to finally go to dreamland and shut everything out.

The next morning was dreadful even for Jimin as he was so preoccupied with the amount of homework and proposals the school demanded and it was too much for him, even a student body president has its limits, and Jimin has almost reached his.

The frequent visit to the library has been their new thing already, Jeongguk sacrificing his time in the rooftop to accompany Jimin in the library, even though Jimin still has this lingering feeling in his chest, he chose to ignore it; this feeling is temporary after all.

Jeongguk was now rustling something inside his bag, saying he brought his bag to hand Jimin something. Jimin patiently waited for him to retrieve that something.

They were at their usual spot, the spot beside the wide windows of the library overlooking the scenery outside of students running around in the field. It was almost like the scenery he’s used to up in the rooftop but this time, the sight was much closer.

“Here it is” Jeongguk sighed in relief, holding up a photo between his thumb and index finger. Jimin then remembered the photo Jeongguk took of him which excites him immediately, the smile growing wide upon realization, “Is that the photo you took of me the other day?” Jimin asked.

Jeongguk nodded and handed the photo to Jimin who received it carefully and delicately, afraid of ruining it with his touch.

Upon setting his eyes on the image, he was astounded; it was beautiful. The way Jeongguk took it and the way the rays of the sun shone on Jimin’s side profile, the brighter shade on his hair and his eyes, “It’s beautiful” Jimin breathlessly said.

“You are” Jeongguk simply said earning Jimin to immediately glance up at the younger one, surprised over what he said, “W-what?” Jimin asked heartbeat fastened its pace and Jimin swore his heart would jump out off his chest on how hard it was beating.

“I mean… you are beautiful” Jeongguk stuttered and a tint of red evident on his cheeks, Jimin should not be feeling this but why does he want to just caress the younger one’s cheek and give him the warmest hug? The comment made Jimin beat red, too, he was not used to compliments like this after all. He was only used to getting compliments on how hard-working he was, how responsible he was but not this, never this; maybe with Taehyung but that’s totally an exemption.

“S-sorry for making you uncomfortable, president” Jeongguk said, rubbing his nape in the process. President.  Jimin decided to be the bigger person he is and ignore the growing fondness in his chest upon seeing Jeongguk nibbling on his bottom lip as his gaze was downcast. Jimin chuckled and shook his head, “It’s fine and thank you. I like that a lot” he said earning Jeongguk to slowly lift his gaze towards Jimin’s eyes.

“I don’t get compliments like them most of the time, so I am really not used to it but thank you, I really like it” Jimin convinced the younger once who had the expression of disbelief plastered on his face, eyebrows furrowing in the process.

“What’s with the face, dummy” Jimin giggled, seeing the growing pout on Jeongguk’s lips. Jimin had the urge to squeeze both his cheeks and just adore the younger one in front of him but he knew he shouldn’t cross that boundary just yet, he doesn’t want to scare off Jeongguk; he’s basically too attached to this kid now.

“How can no one compliment you on how beautiful you are? Are they blind?” Jeongguk ranted earning for Jimin to choke on the comment made by the younger one.

So Jeongguk was upset over why people did not compliment him on his looks and how beautiful he is. Perhaps Jimin’s growing fondness of Jeongguk is growing even bigger than it ever was. Jimin laughed at the younger one who was confused, doe-eyes widen and the lights from outside illuminating it and it seemed like there were actual stars in his eyes. Jimin choked again.

Jimin wasn’t sure what he was doing but slowly he lifted his hands towards the crown of Jeongguk’s head and began to ruffle the younger one’s hair. Jeongguk looks at him in shock but once he saw Jimin’s grin, Jeongguk’s shock expression faded and replaced with a grin, mirroring Jimin’s expression, “Thank you” Jimin softly said, softly patting the younger’s head.

“I can compliment you every day if you want. No, cross that, I will compliment you every day” Jeongguk stated with a cheeky grin, Jimin laughed at his playfulness yet nodded in agreement, “I can’t wait for the day to see you giving up” Jimin teased.

“I won’t. Trust me” Jeongguk replied with a sheepish smirk, this wasn’t what the reply Jimin expected but a part of him also hoped Jeongguk isn’t only doing this for Jimin to get constant compliments but because he meant all the words he says.

This time, Jeongguk handed Jimin two lollipops which made Jimin question about it. Jeongguk softly smiled at the older one and said, “I won’t be here tomorrow due to personal matters. So, in compensation for tomorrow’s absence, I will have to give you two - one for today and other for tomorrow” he softly smiled but Jimin was not having it. Jeongguk has been frequently absent this term and in Jimin’s observance, Jeongguk might be dealing with something really serious.

“Are you okay? Are you sick again?” Jimin asked, reaching out to feel Jeongguk’s forehead but he was too quick to dodge the older’s hand. Jeongguk shook his head, “No, not at all. I just have someone to accompany that’s really important” Jeongguk convinced the older who nodded in agreement but the look of disappointment was evident on Jimin’s face, seeing how deep his frown was.

“It’s just once day, Jiminie. You won’t have to worry about it plus it’ll make you two times more focused studying for the entrance exam” Jeongguk reassured him. Jimin’s heartbeat tenfolds upon hearing the same nickname Jeongguk said the other weekend. Jiminie. Yet Jimin still did not budge “Like I also said, I need to have a company to focus and you won’t be here so I guess there will be no studying tomorrow” Jimin sulked, pouting at the thought of being lonely the next day.

“It’s just a day, Jiminie. You were well off before you met me so I guess you’ll be fine tomorrow, too” Jeongguk reassured the older one. Jiminie again but Jimin was still not having it, “Unacceptable but you do what you got to do,” he said making Jeongguk chuckle.

He reached for Jimin’s lollipop and unwrapped it for Jimin before slowly hovering it on the latter’s lips, Jimin’s heart started to thump louder and faster by it. He slowly opened his mouth and on the lollipop then lifted his hand to hold on to the stick.

Jeongguk softly smiled at him before letting the lollipop go before poking Jimin on the cheek, “Let’s go” he said, standing up and waiting for Jimin to oblige and start moving to their respective homeroom.

Jimin’s now dreading for tomorrow to come. He took a deep, heavy sigh; shaking off the heavy feeling in his chest before standing up and following Jeongguk outside the library. Now he was beyond confused on how he feels. 


a/n: AAAAA drop comments :D hey :D