Opposites Attract

A Collection of Jung Nicole One shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite her girl next door looks, Jung Nicole was raised in a strict family. While her dad was more lenient (a "softy" is a better way to say it), her mom wasn't. So, Nicole grew up into a graceful, feminine, intelligent, and well-rounded girl. Ignoring the fact that she has trouble expressing herself, everything would be perfect but....

 

"Byun Baekhyun, if you do not take that soccer ball out of your shirt, I am going to make sure you don't play in the next soccer game."

"B-But, it's my baby! I'm pregnant!"

 

...she is somehow attracted to that guy.

 

"Only class representative can do that!" said one of the soccer heads in the classroom.

Baekhyun turned to Nicole with puppy dog eyes.

Nicole blamed her tastes in guys. "If he stays to clean the classroom after school then he'll make up for this loss of class time."

Baekhyun took out the soccer ball from under his shirt. "Fine." he mumbled.

'Was it too harsh?' 

"As expected, class rep." the vice class rep, Minho, said.

"As expected, class r~ep." Baekhyun copied in a smug tone, teasing Minho.

Nicole sighed. If only she liked Minho back. He always placed second to Nicole in exams and he was gorgeous. Why was she so attracted to Baekhyun?

Nicole peacefully sat in her seat, organizing her schedule book.

Baekhyun hummed Lee Seungchul's Last Concert as he dusted the bookshelves of the classroom. He couldn't stay quiet for more than a few minutes. "Sorry you had to stay, class rep."

Nicole shook her head, "I was going to stay back anyways."

"Why?"

"I have stuff to read."

"Read what?"

"Books."

"What books?"

"English books."

"Yuck, why?"

Nicole deeply sighed, "Can you just clean?"

Baekhyun pouted and resumed his cleaning.

The silence wasn't going to last long. Baekhyun came closer and closer to Nicole, trying to fill his curiosity of what she was exactly doing.

When Nicole finds a shadow hovering above her, she turns her head to look behind her.

Baekhyun's face was a few inches away from her's, as he furiously blinked.

Nicole turned away, hitting his face with her hair in the process.

Baekhyun smelled a scent of vanilla from Nicole's hair, "S-Sorry, class rep."

"H-Hurry up." Nicole got up, leaving her stuff on the desk, "I'm going to the bathroom." She fast walked out of the classroom and pounded on her racing heart. 

"Ah." Before Baekhyun could say anything Nicole left the room. He looked down at her desk and gasped at her schedule book. It was color coded with lists of her goals at the end of the week, "Daebak." He was about to go back to cleaning, but something caught his eye in her open pencil case. 

When Nicole came back, she found Baekhyun cleaning the window, "Are you almost done?"

Baekhyun turned around, "Yes!"

Nicole's eyes widened. 

"Is it nice?" Baekhyun jokingly batted his eyes.

Nicole looked to her desk and saw her eyeliner out of her pencil case, "Did you just use my eyeliner?"

Baekhyun looked at the window to check the eyeliner and turned back to Nicole, "I look cool, huh?" Baekhyun flung his fringe to the side.

Nicole's heart raced once again, "N-No!"

Baekhyun frowned, "A lot of people say it suits me."

Nicole went back to her stuff and began packing.

"Aww!" Baekhyun whined, "Where are you going?"

"Home." 

"I'm sorry! I'll take it off!" Baekhyun rushed to look for a tissue.

"Taking it off isn't going to help." Nicole put on her backpack.

"Class rep!!" Baekhyun stopped Nicole by lightly grabbing onto one of her shoulders, "The school halls are scary. Don't leave me!"

'He looks so hot with eye..' Nicole stopped her thoughts and cursed her mind for thinking it. "Aish, Soccer players are so annoying." Nicole accidentally blurted out. She really didn't want Baekhyun to get any closer or he would notice her "real" thoughts.

Baekhyun took his hand off Nicole's shoulder and his mouth gaped open. 

Nicole ran out of the classroom, 'That was mean! Jung Nicole, you pabo.'

For the next few days, Nicole didn't even make eye contact with Baekhyun. She didn't even do her usual peeks at Baekhyun because she was afraid that he would catch her.

Nicole was the last one left in the library (with the exception of the librarian) as she packed up. She suddenly remembered her messy conversation with Baekhyun a few days back. 'What am I going to do? He probably thinks I'm some smart snob.' Nicole walked out of the library with her shoulders drooping. 'I guess I'm going to have to ignore him the rest of the year.' Nicole looked up and saw someone at the bottom of the stairs. She squinted her eyes.

"Class rep, I need to talk with you." Baekhyun stood at the base of the stairs, holding a soccer ball.

Seeing as she had no way out, Nicole bit her lip as she went down the staircase. "I'm so-"

Baekhyun held the ball up at Nicole's face.

Nicole flinched. "I'm trying to ap-"

"No matter how many times I look at it, class rep wasn't right." Baekhyun put the ball down and rested it in his arms. "Soccer players aren't annoying."

"I-"

"I challenge you!" Baekhyun says.

"M...Mwo?" Nicole raised an eyebrow.

"Follow me." Baekhyun walked towards the soccer field and Nicole confusingly trailed.

When they were at the center of the field, Baekhyun put the ball down. "Class rep probably thinks I'm some trouble maker who only knows soccer."

Nicole watches as Baekhyun does some tricks with the soccer ball.

"But soccer takes a lot more focus than you think!" Baekhyun kicks the ball up and catches it.

"That's-"

Baekhyun cuts Nicole's sentences off once again, "That is why, I want you to take back what you said."

Nicole doesn't even have the chance to get a word out as Baekhyun continues.

"I challenge class rep!"

Nicole tilts her head. Yep, something is definitely wrong with her. How can she like a guy like him?

"If you can get the ball into the goal, I'll acknowlegde that soccer players can be a little annoying."

'If he would just let me talk...'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter