Letting go and holding on

YGOMNSTMH II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina had been quiet in their ride home thinking about what Chaeyoung told her. What does he mean? Why did he say that? Mina was so immerse at her own thoughts that she didn't notice they're already in front of her house. She got pulled out of her train of thoughts when Chaeyoung took a hold of her hand. Mina turn to look at him who has a gentle smile.

 

"Mina, be honest, are you happy with me?" He asked taking Mina off guard but she manage to answer right away.

 

"Of course Chae~ you stayed by me and I don't think what'll I do if you didn't take the courage to ask me again. My life would have been dull" Mina replied telling him honestly. Chaeyoung stared right onto her eyes and remained silent for a moment making Mina feel uneasy cause it's as if Chaeyoung is staring right into her soul.

 

"If you're staying because you are afraid of hurting me, believed me that would hurt me more." Chaeyoung muttered with a sad smile. Mina opened to speak but no words came out."Mina please I don't want you regretting this in the end. I love you and I want the best for you" He said squeezing Mina's hand. Mina got confused with the way Chaeyoung is acting and to what he was saying.

 

"Chaeng what are you- I'm confused" Mina responded, her brows arc in confusion. Chaeyoung heave a breath readying himself with what's about to come out of his mouth.

 

"You still love Momo right?" Mina was about to refuse but Chaeyoung knows better as he fix Mina's fringe, tucking it behind the woman's ear.

 

"Even if you answer no, your eyes tells otherwise" Chaeyoung told Mina as he combs her hair with his hand. "Whenever you're inside the same room as hers, your eyes would automatically land on her. I remembered the look you gave her during our acquaintance party five years ago, I've never seen your eyes shine so brightly and that only happen when you're looking at her Mina and you still look at her the same way you did five years back." Chaeyoung told Mina as he held his tears, it's painful to explain to the person you love that they love someone else, his job would've been easy if Mina admits to herself that she never got to move on from Momo. Chaeyoung smiled fondly as he caresses Mina's face, a lone tear escape and drip down his left cheek.

 

"Mina I'm letting you go"

 

"What- No! Chae, I've hurt you enough don't do this"

 

"Don't worry I'll be fine, it's part of what I signed up for when I courted you. What I can't bear to see is tying you in this relationship when I know that you're longing for someone else" Tears welled up Mina's eyes as she hears Chaeyoung tell her that, she can't help to think how she unconsciously hurt this guy before her.

 

"Chae-" 

 

"Mina.. I want you to know that I'll always be here for you maybe not as lover but as a friend" Mina lodge towards Chaeyoung with Chaeyoung engulfing her into a hug. Mina lightly hits his chest crying.

 

"I hate you! Why are you so selfless??" Mina cried eliciting a chuckle from Chaeyoung who is crying as well as he pats Mina's head.

 

"Love can make you do wonderful things Mina"

 

When both of them calmed down, they pulled away from the hug both of their eyes are puffy from crying.

 

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this mess" Mina apologized earning a sweet smile from Chaeyoung as he ruffled Mina's hair.

 

"You did not, I came to you remember?" He said. "Now promise me you'll get her no matter what." 

 

"I'll try but I can't guarantee.."

 

---

Now that Chaeyoung has set Mina free will the woman be able to get her first love back? No, of course not. It is never that easy. It has been more than a week and all Mina could do is steal glances at Momo. She tried not to be stiff but all that is happening is nothing but pure awkwardness and it's killing Mina inside.

 

"Here are the files from the design team Ms Myoui." Mina almost yelped when Momo approached her bursting her bubble of self loathe. Mina nods as she continues to type nothing on her laptop not wanting to have an eye contact with the said woman. Momo had her hair in an updo and is wearing a red off shoulder dress showing off her flawless neck and deep collarbone scaring Mina that if she lay her gaze on her she won't be able to look away.

 

"Uhm.. Ms Hirai" Mina cleared still not looking up from her screen. "Would you like to have lunch with me?" Mina asked, that came out of nowhere and she's thanking the Gods that she didn't stutter. Momo looked at her as if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter