Three

Crash and Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A pounding headache welcomed Sehun when he woke up. A chain of profanities left his lips as he pushed himself up. It’s just one of those days that the alcohol got him really bad. He ran a hand over his face before opening his eyes. He internally sighed when he saw a girl sleeping beside him. He’s sure she’s not wearing anything under that blanket.

Quietly, he started picking his clothes which were thrown on every corner of the room and wore them one by one. By the minute he’s done, he grabbed his phone from the table and looked at the girl who was still sleeping. It’s not really his thing to say goodbye in the morning to any girl he’s slept with. It’s just a thing he’s been avoiding to do. Besides, he only sleeps with girls who understand that there would be no strings attached in whatever they’re going to do.

He took his exit without making a sound. He was in the elevator when he noticed the missed calls and texts from Jinri. It’s not really a mystery why she’s been calling and texting him. It’s freaking 10 in the morning and he’s obviously late for his internship. He thought of going to his apartment to take a bath and change but that would take him a long time. He’s sure he’s just going to drop dead on his bed once he gets there.

He also thought of just ditching the day and just sleep his headache away but that would make Junmyeon not too happy about his life choices. Making up his mind, he bought a hangover medicinewhich he downed right in front of the counter. He also bought a new toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash before heading to the nearest public restroom with a decent sink. He thought he should at least not smell like alcohol and morning breath when he gets to the office.

Thankfully, he had a spare plain white shirt in his car so he changed into it before heading to the office. He could already imagine Jinri fuming. That girl is one scary lady. She could be intimidating if she wants to.

When he got to the office, a very disappointed Junmyeon welcomed him. “I’m not paying you to not come on time.” He looked at his watch before giving Sehun a disappointed look. “Remember, you’re an intern here. You need to do whatever task is given to you. And one of those is not to get here late. Do you not know how busy people are here? I thought we were clear with making yourself useful.”

Sehun huffed in annoyance. Junmyeon’s giving him a lecture. “I’m here and that’s what matters. Better late than never, remember?”

Junmyeon shook his head as if telling himself that he’s never going to get a grip of his cousin. “Jinri’sprobably in the factory by now.”

“What factory?” Sehun dumbly asked. He remembered hearing something about thefactory from Jinri but he was so distracted to even make sense of the buzzing of her voice.

Junmyeon pursed his lips tightly, wondering why he even offered Sehun a job there when he could just call his uncle and get Sehun’s get dragged back to the mansion. He gave the address of the factory to his cousin and told him to go and help Jinri with the business there. Despite hating the thought of being Jinri’s chauffeur, Sehun followed Junmyeon’s instructions.

An hour and a half later, he found himself parking in front of a warehouse. It may not be those monstrous warehouses but it could pass to be called a factory. He walked to the entrance and got greeted by a smiling security guard.

“How could I help you, sir?”

Sehunadjusted his sunglasses, shielding his eyes from the sun because his headache’s still a . “I’m looking for Kim Jinri.” He pulled his company ID from the back pocket of his pants and showed it to the guard. “I work with her.”

“Miss Kim’s inside. She’s probably talking with the manager.”

Pushing the door open, the guard let Sehun step inside. Sehun removed his sunglasses and looked around. It’s a neat and organized space. Sewing machines were lined up into rows. Tables were set on their sides. Fabrics were lying on them. He liked the ambiance of the whole place.

His eyes landed on Jinri who was checking on one of the sewers. She looked like she was explaining something to the lady she was talking to. Her ash gray silver hair was curled as usual, giving her features a flare. He’s seen some girls with the same hair color before but Jinri obviously owned it.

Honestly speaking, Jinri’s one attractive lady. Doe eyes. Cute little nose. Plump lips. Sehun couldn’t look away. When he first laid eyes on her, he knew he’ll be in trouble if he messes with her. She just had this unamused look when Junmyeon introduced him during his first day. But where’s the fun in not jumping into the waves?

And that same look was on her face when she noticed his presence there. Nonchalantly, Sehun raised his arm to greet her. He saw her rolling her eyes before shaking her head. He just stared as she made her way towards him.

“You’re late,” she spat.

“I know. I just woke up.”

“You just woke up? It’s the freaking middle of the day.”

Sehun shrugged his shoulders. “Technically it’s not. It’s not yet 12. Besides, I woke up around 10 and drove here for more than an hour.”

Jinri narrowed her eyes, not so amused with his defense. “Your eyes are bloodshot red. Have you been drinking? Don’t tell me you came to work drunk.”

Sehunwore his sunglasses. “I’m not drunk. I just got wasted last night and am currently suffering from the aftereffects. So if you could just lower your voice, I would really appreciate it. I feel like my head’s going to burst.” He grimaced.

She huffed in disbelief. “Drinking is fine but drinking to the point of getting wasted and not knowing what you’re doing the next minute is just plain stupid.”

She just sounded like she was scolding her own kid. Sehun couldn’t hide the grin that was forming on his lips. “Sounds like you’ve got some experience there.” He saw her lips twitched as if she was going to say something but he did not give her the chance to rebut when he opened his mouth again. “Don’t worry about me. I’m not lightweight. I was wasted but I still had the consciousness to know what I was doing. I could absolutely recite the words the girl moaned when-”

“Okay, stop,” Jinri said, gesturing for him to shut up. “I don’t want the details of your night escapades.”

Behind the sunglasses, he could only guess if her cheeks were the shade of pink. There’s this thing that he noticed with her. Her ears and cheeks easily turn red when she’s embarrassed and angry.

She shook her head before walking away.

“What do you want me to do?” Sehun asked.

She looked over her shoulder. “Nothing. Just stay there.”

And so, he sat there, had a little nap, as Jinri carried on with what she’s there for. He couldn’t even tell how long he was leaning on the wall, dozing off. He woke up when he felt his shoulder getting shaken. His unfocused gaze met Jinri’s eyes the moment he looked up.

“Are you done?” he asked with a groggy voice.

“Yeah,” she replied.

She watched as he stood and fixed his glasses. He yawned, stretching his limbs in the process. She walked towards the door and Sehun followed suit. The smiling guard bid them goodbye. Sehun led her to his parked car.

“What are you doing? Are you not coming?” he asked when he noticed that Jinri stopped a few steps away from the car.

She stared at his sleek looking car. The black Bugatti fits him. Cliché. Rich. Player. . Sports car. Speed. It’s like one of those stories she read when she was in high school. Those words floated in her mind for some seconds before she looked at Sehun. He already had the door opened, ready to get into the driver’s seat.

Knowing that a person suffering from hangover has a tendency to be cranky, Jinri continued walking towards the car. Seeing that, Sehun entered the car and started it. His distinct scent hit her nose when she got inside, settling on the passenger’s seat. She crinkled her nose.

“Are you sure you should be driving?” she asked, worried that he might doze off while driving. She’s aware that her lady friend kept him up until unholy hours of the night or even dawn.

“Do you want to drive?” That was an innocent question.

“Sure. If you want us both dead in matter of minutes, that is.” She pressed her lips together then sighed. “I don’t know how to drive.”

“Then I guess I’m driving,” he mused before hitting the gas.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter