Thirteen

Crash and Burn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TW: SA

Jinri couldn’t even tell how long she’s been under the shower. All she knew was that she was trying her best to erase any trace of Yunseong on her skin. Just the thought of his hand on her arm made her shiver in fear and disgust.

She pressed her lips into a thin line to suppress the cry that was forming in as she frantically and roughly rubbed the loofah against her arm again and again. It’s as if there was something on her skin that was not being washed off.

A muffled cry of frustration escaped her lips when she felt like millions of bugs were crawling under her skin. She squirmed and screamed as her shaking hands scratched every part of her body. She hated feeling that again. She thought she was able to forget all about it but seeing the monster brought everything back from the pit of her consciousness.

Crying, she fell on the floor when her wobbly knees gave up on her.

“Please,” she whimpered. “Stop. Please. Stop.”

Her breathing became unsteady that she ended up gasping for air.

She hates being that weak.

She hates breaking down.

She hates crying like that.

But she’s been scarred for life and she’s still having a hard time picking herself together.

 

 

Sehun couldn’t help but look at Jinri’s station every now and then. His eyes would just follow her every move, observing how she looked so out of it. He took note that she pricked her fingers while sewing at least 5 times already. He wanted to ask her if she’s okay but a part of him scolded him for being swayed once again.

He knows that he might not be able to carry the consequences of his actions once he gets too much involved with her emotionally. But there’s just something that’s been bothering him since he saw her at Top Drop.

He’s not blind to not see her odd reaction during that day. He’s sure that there’s something going on with her and the guy she was with. He just couldn’t put a finger on it.

Sehun shook his head, shooing those thoughts away. Deciding that it’s not good for him to be in that close distance from her, he started walking away. Just when he took his 7th step, his phone rang. He quickly fished it from his pocket and stared at the screen for a good 3 seconds before answering it.

“Why?” he asked right away.

“This impolite brat.” Sehun could imagine his sister’s expression on the other line. “Can you not answer like a normal person?”

“Should I hang up then?” he asked with dry humor. “Call again and I’ll try answering your call like a normal person.”

Hyejin sighed and Sehun knew that he won. “One day, I’ll really hit you,” she threatened but Sehun did not falter at all. He knows his sister. She’s too kind to put her threatening words into action.

“Why are you suddenly calling?” Sehun finally asked when he found a spot to stand without blocking the isle.

“I just want to remind you about the party.”

Sehun let a heavy sigh leave his lips. “I’m not coming.”

“Oh Sehun,” Hyejin called out with a stern tone. “Are you really going to do this to your one and only sister? I’m freaking getting engaged. I want you to be here.”

Sehun shut his eyes. He could feel his head aching just by imagining how much nagging he’s going to hear. A part of him gave in. “Does it really have to be in New York? Can you not move it somewhere else?”

He knew right there and then that he opened up to Hyejin. That is something that he never imagined of doing but he did it nonetheless. There was a pause between them before Hyejin spoke.

“It’s been 2 years, Sehun. Is it really that hard?” Hyejin asked in the softest and calmest tone. “You know that Daniel and I work here. I don’t think we can move it somewhere else. The preparations are almost done and we’re both busy to change anything that has been decided. Sorry.”

Sehun felt bad making such suggestion. Now, he’s feeling like a major selfish brat for not understanding that it’s not about him but his sister. It’s supposed to be one of those events where Hyejin’s the one in the spotlight.

So with another deep sigh, he said his decision. “Okay. I’ll try.”

“I’ll be expecting you to be here,” Hyejin replied and Sehun could imagine her smiling in relief.

“I said I’ll try. I did not-”

“I’ll be waiting,” she cut him off. There’s just no way to get around her stubbornness.

“Whatever,” he said, rolling his eyes.

“Hey,” Hyejin started. “I want you to bring Jinri with you.”

“What? Why?”

“I just want you to. She seems like a good girl and I became a bit close to her. You two look good together and-”

“Noona,” Sehun sighed.

“Okay. Okay. I’m not going to force you two together. I just want her to come. She said she would make a dress for me and I’ve been thinking about it. I’m telling you this as a heads up because I’ll be contacting her personally to tell her about the party.”

Sehun looked over his shoulder and searched for Jinri. The latter was in the middle of cutting a piece of fabric.

“Will that be okay with you?” Hyejin asked.

He looked away. “Does my answer really matter?”

“Not really because even if you’re against it, I’ll still invite her.”

“Thought so.”

“Sehun.”

“Why?”

She paused as if she was hesitating to say what she wanted to say. “Don’t you think it’s time to let go?”

He did not dare answer that because he was not sure of what to say. It’s hard to say the words. It’s still hard to accept the reality. “I’m hanging up.”

“Sehun, sor-”

He ended the call with a bitter taste inside his mouth. It was rude of him to do that but that was the best thing that he thought at that time. He’s not sure if Hyejin would understand him.

 

 

“I hope that our viewers enjoyed this week’s mission. Next week, we will begin a fresh challenge. Thank you for tuning in, see you next time.”

Jinri smiled at the camera when it was panned to her direction. She waved her hands in front of her.

“And cut!” the PD signaled.

“Good job everyone!” the main host said as she looked around.

The guests and even the regular panel exchanged greetings, congratulating each other for a successful episode once again.

As soon as Jinri made it to the backstage, her smile was wiped off from her face. She winced as she placed her hand on her belly. She’s been experiencing painful stabbing sensations on her abdomen for the last two days. And she’s sure that stress is causing it.

From the corner of her eyes, she saw Sehun approaching her with a cup of coffee. She internally grunted. She hated the idea of him seeing her in such condition.

Her phone suddenly vibrated. An unknown number was calling her. Her hands turned cold at an instant. She made the mistake of answering a call from an unknown caller 3 days ago. It turned out that it was Yunseong and she knew right away that he’s out to harass her once again.

Now, she’s staring at her screen with fear etched

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter