one

𝖍𝖔𝖘𝖊𝖐𝖎

𝑰𝑻 𝑾𝑨𝑺 𝑨 𝑽𝑬𝑹𝒀 𝑼𝑵𝑼𝑺𝑼𝑨𝑳 𝑴𝑶𝑹𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑮 in the kingdom of Ferella. In contrary to the kingdom's name, the weather was rather cloudy and rainy, with a bit of thunder and lightning. The once magnificent and luminous skies of Ferrella were now nothing but a blanket of dark and heavy clouds that has been pouring its endless mercilessness on the said kingdom, wanting to spread its wrath to the people in it. 

     A boy in his early twenties thought he'd lost his cool as the screen flashes a big fat 'you lose' on his face. He almost smashed the controller on the ground before ruffling his pinkish red hair in frustration. "Aiish" He muttered with his eyes closed. His playmate, with the blonde mullet hairstyle, almost square-shaped grin and older than him by two years, on the other hand, was celebrating his victorious win against the other one, laughing at him in the process. "Jungkook, seems like today is not your day!"

     Jeon Jungkook never loses to Kim Taehyung, today was an exception though. He knew he wasn't focused with the game. Something was bugging him ever since he woke up in the morning, an unsettling feeling inside him. He didn't know why he was feeling like that in the first place. He felt uneasy, like any time sooner, something bad was about to happen. The weather wasn't helping him at all, it was making him more anxious.

     Jungkook shook the feeling away and stood up, towering over the laughing Taehyung. "Shut it hyung, I am done for today." He grumbled. Taehyung only laughed more, he was amused by the other's strange behavior. "Sure, you are!"

     Another young man, a year older than Taehyung, with a jet black and straight hair, who was seated on the sofa, watched Jungkook storm out of the living room. Jung Hoseok has been watching the younger one ever since he caught the two playing video games when he woke up. Jungkook wasn't the usual cheery one today, instead, Jungkook was quiet and lost in thought.

     "Taehyung, don't you think something's bothering Kookie?" Hoseok asked Taehyung, who was now shutting the game console off and tidying the game disks. Taehyung shrugged before standing up. "I don't know, Jungkook is very hard to read sometimes."

     Silence fell. Hoseok thought otherwise as he frowned at Taehyung. He expected Taehyung to notice Jungkook's sudden change in mood, considering their closeness.

     Hoseok and the rest grew up together almost all of their lives. When they were kids, they just used to run around and play games in the meadows, enjoying nature's gift. They knew each other way before, they were descendants of Magicals after all. The gang would just play around and mess with each other. At that time, they don't have any idea that soon, a big responsibility will be brought upon them,

     The responsibility of seeking the chosen owners of the crystals.

     By the time they found out about their true purpose, they were already adolescents. Their parents have explained very carefully how important their duty was. They were trained, in both hand-to-hand combat and using various weapons. They were prepared for war. Their parents had also decided they live together under one roof, so when the time comes for the crystals to choose their owners, it would be easier for them to gather. So they were sent to the capital of Lucent, the city Clarity, and let them work and study there.

     And now they have grown like brothers.

     Living with the rest, it allowed Hoseok to witness how the other six developed throughout the years. Observing them was one of the things he often caught himself doing, even until now. That's why it was so easy for him to read them when something's odd.

     Hoseok glanced down at the tear drop-shaped Pʜᴏꜱᴘʜoᴘʜʏʟʟɪᴛᴇ crystal in his hand. It has a brilliant mint color and a bit of light was reflecting in it. Looking at the crystal in his hand, he suddenly thought of what was waiting for them out there. Who would cause another war? Would they successfully bring the enemy down along with the crystal owners? What would become of them after everything was over?

     Hoseok shook his head. No, it's too early to think about those.

     "Guys, breakfast is ready! Get your ugly asses here now and prepare the table!" A loud voice boomed from the kitchen, shattering the silence in the house. Hoseok and Taehyung looked at each other and laughed. It was Kim Seokjin, the eldest among them. He was always in charge of the kitchen and keeping the house tidy. He is basically like a mom of the house. Hoseok wore the crystal around his neck and stood up.

     Jungkook came out of their room first, followed by a short and muscular male with an ash blonde hair. Jungkook immediately went to the kitchen with the same gloomy aura. Park Jimin, a lad around Taehyung's age, stopped following Jungkook and jogged towards the nearby window, noticing the grey and depressing weather outside. 

     It was heavily pouring. The streets were almost empty. Only a few can be seen walking outside. The skies of Ferrella were in different shades of grey. There were no signs of the sun. "Why is it suddenly raining heavily?" he asked Hoseok. The latter just shrugged. "Like I'd know." Hoseok made his way towards the kitchen. Jimin turned back to the window with a pout, just in time thunder roared from the skies, sending him to jump back. He tilted his head and furrowed his brows in wonder. "But it was crazy sunny these past few days." He murmured. 

     As Jimin was about to follow Hoseok towards the kitchen, a tall and dark man with chestnut brown hair came out of his and Taehyung's shared room, eyes squinted and hair sticking out to different directions. Kim Namjoon looked groggy and lost. Namjoon was on a day-off from his job as a professor and Jimin bets that Namjoon was up all night composing lyrics again, it was his hyungs favorite hobby, aside from reading books and being a smart . 

     Namjoon writes about social issues and makes music out of the lyrics he writes. Min Yoongi, another one of his hyungs, and Hoseok also writes down their own stories through rhymed words, and Jimin have nothing but respect for his hyungs. Sometimes Seokjin, Taehyung and Jungkook would sing the songs they make, upon request of his composer hyungs. Jungkook looks up to his hyungs and would want to write lyrics as well. Jimin, on the other hand, was more on the dancing part, but he wants to write lyrics too. That's why he looks up to Hoseok, who's both an excellent dancer and composer.

     Jimin stopped in front of Seokjin's and Yoongi's room, which was just beside Namjoon's and Taehyung's room. 

     "Hyung," Jimin called out to Namjoon, who was still yawning and scratching his back. "What?" 

     "Should we wake him up?" Jimin asked, a bit uneasy as he points at Yoongi and Seokjin's bedroom door, referring to the member of the house that was still sleeping soundly on the other side of the door. Jimin was growing worried of Min Yoongi, the said man sleeping inside the room. Yoongi was always sleeping and would wake up late. He never had breakfast, and he was very skinny for a man.

     Namjoon glanced at the said door. He shook his head vigorously as a reply, giving Jimin a bewildered look in the process. "Are you kidding? As if I have the guts." He answered honestly, dread evident in his face. Jimin shuddered as well at the thought of waking Yoongi up, recalling the moment when Taehyung was suicidal enough to wake Yoongi up, earning the beating of his life, accompanied by strings of curses.

     Yoongi tends to get really grumpy when his sleep is being disturbed, so no one in the house, except Seokjin, wants to taste the wrath of an awoken Yoongi.

     "Then Seokjin hyung will handle his roommate like the always, I guess." Jimin said before walking ahead of Namjoon, not wanting to have anything to do with waking his Yoongi hyung up. He shook the thoughts of being worried about Yoongi.

════════ ⋇ ════════

⁰¹ ━━ GUARDIANS

you know it all, you're my bestfriend

════════ ⋇ ════════

The baton of fire was thrown in the air and swiftly caught by a girl with a beautiful tanned skin. She proceeded with dancing, moving her hips to the beat of the drums as she span the baton of fire in her hands perfectly.

     The girl had a perfect body, which was shown boldly with her small article of clothing. She was wearing a red cloth with golden beads and sequins around her bust, leaving her collarbone, shoulder, arms, waist and belly exposed. She has a flowy skirt, also red and decorated with gold beads and sequins, tied around her hips, emphasizing the fluid movements and waves she was making. Her pale blonde hair was just shoulder length but it did not stop her from being attractive. Her face was a well-sculpted oval shape. Her lips were full, red and smirking. Her nose was perfectly-shaped as well, adding points to her attractive features.

     Her eyes suddenly glowed in a color of a salmon and her sclera was in a light orange color.

     And among the crowd, a triangular crystal was glowing brightly.

     Then the scene changed drastically in a short period of time. The girl was no longer dancing but she was still smirking and her eyes was still glowing brightly. Her body was emitting a great amount of energy.

     A pale man in his late twenties, jolted awake, sitting up from his sleeping position, eyes wide. He scanned his environment, about to lose his . He calmed down when he recognized the bed full of Super Mario stuffed toys beside his. 

     He was definitely still in his and Seokjin's shared room.

     Min Yoongi let out a sigh. "Another girl?" He closed his eyes and ruffled his raven black hair. Yoongi's been having random dreams about different girls lately, and it was honestly freaking him out. Each night, a different girl visits his dreams, and he has not even the slightest idea of who they are. Today, another one appeared in his dream, except in this dream, the Pᴀᴅᴘᴀʀᴀᴅscʜᴀ crystal that Namjoon was assigned to keep, appeared out of nowhere, and it was reacting to the dancing tanned girl in the dream. Her eyes were glowing like the Pᴀᴅᴘᴀʀᴀᴅscʜᴀ too. 

     Yoongi began wondering if any of his dreams were trying to tell him something.

     Stomach suddenly growling, he shook off the thoughts about his strange dreams and yawned loudly. He wished he could sleep more but to his dismay, his body was fully awake, no signs of sleepiness, and it was all because of another stupid dream. "Ahh , I'm eating breakfast." He lazily got off his bed and stretched. He walked towards the door and left his bed undone.

     Yoongi came out of his room and was welcomed by the empty living room, and a view of the heavy raining from the windows. He then heard lively noises from the kitchen.

     Should I tell them?

     "Yoongi!" Seokjin exclaimed upon his arrival, making the rest stop and turn at him in utter shock. He rarely shows up at breakfast because he's always asleep. 

     It was his favorite time of the day, and night, sleeping.

     "I'm glad your lazy could join us for breakfast!" Seokjin added sarcastically. The others gulped. Only Seokjin's sass could match Yoongi's savages, and they don't want to have that tongue technology from Yoongi for breakfast. Yoongi just ignored his ever so sassy hyung and took a seat beside Hoseok, who was eyeing him with amusement.

     "You're supposed to be awake after breakfast??" Hoseok questioned his hyung with a raised brow. Yoongi stared down at his empty plate, contemplating on whether he should tell Hoseok and the rest about the dreams he's having. 

     Maybe I should, the crystal was involved. This is something I shouldn't ignore.

     "I've, uh, been having weird dreams lately." He answered, a bit unsure. All eyes were now on him, making him more uneasy. A part of him was screaming 'you are not going to be taken seriously' in his head.

     Hoseok blinked at him. "Of what?"

     "Of girls"

     "Are they hot?" Namjoon interrupted, grinning. Yoongi stared at the leader unamused. The pale guardian watched as Namjoon fixed the chopsticks in his hand as he gave the plae guardian smug looks.

     Snap! 

     The chopsticks broke within Namjoon's hold.

     Yoongi heard Namjoon mutter his curses before turning back to Hoseok, who was waiting for him to continue with a grin also plastered on his face. "As I was saying—"

     "So, are they?" Hoseok continued, earning a laugh from Jimin. Yoongi stared at Hoseok in disbelief before scoffing. Yep, he will never be taken seriously by his friends whom he grew up with all his life. 

     Why did I even bother? 

     He grabbed his spoon and chopsticks grumpily. "You know what? Screw it, I'm eating breakfast." He told them, earning a laugh from the rest. 

     How am I always so amusing to them?

     After Yoongi grew silent, their breakfast proceeded. Seokjin sure was hiding how he's emotional at the moment. It was the first time they were completed on the table, and it was just breakfast too! It's like her motherly side was kicking in once again. It felt like the rest were his sons, and that they were brothers, conversing with each other about what they will be doing for the day.

     On a gloomy and rainy day, the dining room was full, Seokjin thought. 

     Being the oldest among them, Seokjin held responsible of them, even though he wasn't assigned as the leader of his group. He glanced at Namjoon, who was the chosen leader for them seven. He knew it himself, he wasn't really fit to be a leader after all. Namjoon's whole being was screaming leader material. He is thoughtful, smart and very dependable. He acts and thinks fast, which Seokjin will never be. But despite all that, he wanted to help. Having that motherly side of him, he tended the house and his friend's needs. He feeds them delicious food, he cleans the house, he listens and gives advices to them, anything a mom would do. Despite him having that y and naggy exterior, on the inside he will forever be soft to his younger friends. 

     And now that they have grown, it was only Jungkook who was left studying, the rest was already working. Namjoon was a professor in a university, where Jungkook was also studying. Yoongi teaches piano lessons as a free lancer. Hoseok is also a free lancer choreographer. Jimin and Taehyung were both working in a fast food restaurant while looking for a permanent job. They were fresh graduates after all. It was Jungkook's last year in school then he'll be graduating.

     Ahh, how time flies, Seokjin thought, a sad smile appearing on his plump lips.

     After breakfast, the boys had separated from the dining room. Seokjin was cleaning the dishes and Hoseok offered to help out of boredom. Namjoon went to their own recording studio inside the house, about to write some lyrics down. Yoongi was back in his room to sleep again. Taehyung and Jimin decided to play some video games.

     Jungkook came out of the bedroom in a black hoodie. In his right hand was an umbrella. He checked the weather through the window and fortunately, the weather had calmed down, but there was still drizzling.

     He decided to go to the nearby cafe from across the street, in front of their house. He suddenly wanted something warm to drink. It might help him feel a bit better. The weather was making him cold too.

     As he came out of the door, the drizzling welcomed him, the wind brushed against him, sending a little bit of drizzle to tickle his frowning face. He opened his umbrella and walked out of their front porch. He crossed the road just in front of the house and made his way towards the cafe.

     The little bell above the entrance let out a melodic ring as Jungkook entered. Somehow, his mood became light with the uplifting atmosphere of the cafe. The cafe was brightly lit and decorated with bright colored furnitures. The warmth was scattered throughout the cafe, keeping all the customers warm and comfy from the cold weather. Jungkook inhaled the pleasant aroma that was surrounding him. Finally, he managed a smile. "Much better" he whispered, making his way towards the counter to order his drink.

     "Good afternoon sir," greeted the female employee by the counter. Jungkook stared at the girl for a moment, scanning her unfamiliar face. 

     Jungkook was a regular in the cafe and almost everyday, he comes by to order the same coffee. He's never seen the said employee before. She was wearing the same beige button-up shirt and brown apron tied around her waist as a uniform. 

     "Are you, perhaps, new?" He asked as politely as he can. "I've never seen you before."

     The female employee smiled widely at Jungkook, flaunting her cute dimples, which caught him off guard. "Yes I am," she answered. "I just got here yesterday sir."

     Jungkook nodded in acknowledgement. "Then, I'll have large cup of latte with extra milk, 2 shots of espresso, cinnamon and no foam, please." He said. She beamed at him and nodded eagerly. "I'll be back with your order in a while." And with that, she immediately went to the coffee machines and got to work.

     He let out an amused laugh. She seemed cheery, he thought. He watched her as she fills up his cup with coffee from the coffee grinder with a big smile on her face. He noticed her almost platinum blonde and wavy hair that is just above her collarbones. Her eyes has this sparkle in them when she smiles. And those dimples! They're way too illega—

     "Umm....sir?"

     Jungkook snapped out of his trance and cast his gaze on the said girl. "Your coffee?"

     He felt his cheeks warm a bit. He was staring at her with such thoughts! And he was caught, too. He took the latte from her hands shyly and bowed. "Sorry about that." He muttered, earning a small giggle from the beaming lass before punching in Jungkook's order in the counter computer. "That would be five hun—"

     Before she can finish, Jungkook handed her the money. "I know how much it costs, I'm a regular." He told her with a smile.

     "Ohh, I see" she accepted the money gladly and punched in the remaining transaction. Soon, the sound of the receipt printer was heard. She pulled out the receipt from the printer and handed it Jungkook along with the change. "Then I guess I'll be seeing you a lot, sir...?"

     "Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook." He answered with so much enthusiasm. He himself is surprised about how he's suddenly so enthusiastic about giving his name to her. "Ohh, and yup, you better be expecting me a lot, miss...?"

     She let out a hearty laugh at Jungkook's imitation of her. She tapped her name tag with her index finger, causing Jungkook to look at it. "It's Faith, Jungkook." she finished for him.

     "Well then Faith," Jungkook stepped back and waved his hand with a grin, oddly satisfied with her calling him by his name. "I'll be going."

     "Enjoy your coffee Jungkook." Faith bid him goodbye, making big and cute hand waves at him as he goes. He chuckled and finally went out of the cafe.

     Faith Faith Faith, her name played on Jungkook's mind over and over as he crossed the road. Somehow, he felt warm inside that he couldn't stop smiling until he reached the house.

     "What the, is that the sun?!" Jimin shrieked, looking through the window only to see the sun shining proudly over the lands of Ferrella all of a sudden. The clouds were clearing. The skies were in a beautiful hue of blue once again. Taehyung rushed to Jimin's side to see the now sunny weather for himself.

     Jungkook almost skipped his way towards the living room. Boy was he in a very good mood.

     Jimin and Taehyung immediately felt Jungkook's presence as they were the only ones in the living room. They both watched Jungkook make his way towards the bedroom he's sharing with Jimin and Hoseok with a big sheepish smile on his face. Jungkook was completely oblivious of the stares his hyungs were giving him. He was too occupied with the thoughts of Faith all of a sudden, making him unaware of his surroundings.

     "And is that Jungkook smiling just now?" Jimin asked Taehyung once Jungkook entered the bedroom. "If I remember correctly, a few hours ago he was....not in the right mood?"

     Taehyung tilted his head and furrowed his brows. "Something's definitely not right...." He mumbled. 

     If Taehyung wasn't wrong, Jungkook went to that cafe across the road again, the cafe that the youngest would always mention. Jungkook always tells him how the coffee there tastes good, even though Jungkook only orders the same drink. Taehyung glanced at the cafe from the other side of the road. Something is in there that suddenly made Jungkook all smiley.

     Interesting, Taehyung thought.

     "Yah, wanna go to that cafe tomorrow?" Taehyung offered, pointing at the cafe. As if reading Taehyung's mind, Jimin grinned and nodded. Taehyung returned his grin, even wider than his. Jimin chuckled and left the window. He took a seat in front of the gaming console. Jimin motioned Taehyung to come. "Ya, let's continue playing!"

════════ ⋇ ════════

[A/N] 

And there you have it folks! First chapter out!

It was supposed to be an introduction chapter for the boys but I was not able to introduce them fully huehue i guess ill have more about them in the next chapterrr

Ohh and who's this gurl appearing in yoongi's dreamssss

I hope you all like this chapter thoo!! I'll be seeing you in the next one byee