two

𝖍𝖔𝖘𝖊𝖐𝖎

❝ 𝑵𝑰𝑪𝑬, 𝑵𝑰𝑪𝑬, 𝑮𝑶𝑶𝑫 𝑱𝑶𝑩 𝑲𝑶𝑶𝑲𝑰𝑬. ❞ 𝑵𝑨𝑴𝑱𝑶𝑶𝑵 spoke over the microphone. Jungkook smiled and muttered his thanks before removing the headphones from his head. He fixed his hair and made sure the headphones was properly placed on the hanging microphone before going out of the recording room. Jungkook took a seat beside Namjoon, who was instantly editing Jungkook's pre-recorded voice, merging it with the instrumental of Jungkook's first ever composed song, titled Euphoria.

   "Wanna hear it?" Namjoon asked with an encouraging smile. Jungkook nodded, a bit worried about how his own voice will turn out, plus it was the first song that he wrote too. It was still unfinished yet it was already making him edgy.

     Namjoon instantly clicked the play icon. A series of melody and beats began playing from the speakers, surrounding the whole room. Namjoon bobs his head along with the rhytmn. It wasn't too soon before Jungkook heard his own voice singing, in sync with the played instrument. 

     "Take my hands now, you are the cause of my Euphoria~"

     "Ahh, impressive as always Kookie!" Namjoon exclaimed excitedly, tapping Jungkook on the shoulders proudly. He sure was talented, and Namjoon never failed to be amazed by the youngest's ability. He could sing with such emotional voice, and could also dance with ease, which Namjoon can never ever imagine himself doing. He knew, he failed at dancing even without attempting.

     Jungkook listened very carefully, looking out for any mistakes, lip syncing his lyrics along the way. Fortunately, he sang his own song passionately that there wasn't any mistakes. He could only hear his own voice singing the right emotions out.

     "Take my hands now, when I'm with you I'm in Utopia~"

     Since it was unfinished, the song was coming to a halt as it slowly fades in the background.

     Namjoon grinned at Jungkook. "So, when are you gonna finish it?" He asked, saving the first draft of Jungkook's song. Jungkook looked down at his hands and shrugged. "If I get my thinking right, I guess." The maknae answered with a sigh. Namjoon chuckled and gave Jungkook a pat on the shoulders. "Don't worry Kookie, you'll figure it out real soon."

     Jungkook smiled, feeling light after hearing his hyung's encouragement. "Thanks hyung"

     Jungkook stood up from his seat. "Hyung, I'm going to the cafe across the street, do you want anything?"

     Namjoon gently shook his head with a smile. "Nah, I'm good. Thanks though." Jungkook pouted at Namjoon declining his offer. "I wanted to get you something for helping me though." Jungkook sulked, earning another deep chuckle from Namjoon. "You don't have to Kookie. If anything, it's my pleasure to help you with something you're passionate about so no need to do something for me in return."

     Jungkook was touched at his leader's kind words. "Thanks, hyung" he thanked again and smiled widely at Namjoon and the latter just chuckled. "Now run along, I think it's getting late."

     And with that, Jungkook exited the recording studio.

     Namjoon closed Jungkook's draft and proceeded with working on his mixtape.

     On the right of the big computer, was a big tap pad, which is one of what Namjoon uses to make beats. He pulled the pad closer to him. He opened his mixtape's file on the editor. He hovered his fingers on the pad to begin making beats.

     On his first tap, he heard a soft cracking sound, causing him to stop and furrow his eyebrows. "Huh?" Removing his hand from the pad, his face only scrunches more in utter disbelief. Again, he broke something without even meaning to.

     Before he could pick the small pad to examine it further, he felt pain from the same hand. He let out a hiss as he held his hand. Soon, his other hand was painful as well. "What the hell?!" He cried out in pain. The pain had crawled up to his arms, then to his shoulders. He let out a pained scream. "G-guys! Help!"

════════ ⋇ ════════

⁰² ━━ GLOW

one night in a strange city

════════ ⋇ ════════

While there were no customers approaching to order, Faith took the opportunity to check the counter, looking for any dried coffee stains and any other dirt and unnecesary things. To her relief, there was none. The counter was sparkling clean. 

     Faith glanced at the her watch. It was a quarter to nine in the evening. Just one more hour and her shift will be over. She sighed as she remembers the stack of homework from summer class that was waiting for her at home. She made a mental note to take a coffee before leaving work. An all nighter it is.

     Faith has to take summer classes so when school starts, she can only take few subjects so she can still work. She has no rest, summer classes were stressing her out. Not only that they're expensive, they're also rushed since they're only for two months.

     Faith only has her grandmother with her, and she was very old to work. That's why Faith was now a working student.

     It was only her and her grandmother, against the world. Her parents had left this world when she was eight. It was tragic for a child to witness her mother and father being buried six feet under the ground exactly right in front of her. All she could do was cry, carrying the sad and painful thought of her parents never coming back and will never be there for her for the rest of her life. 

     At that time, her mom and dad's relatives attented the funeral but none spared her a glance. No one was willing to help her. They were mourning, but they never sympathized with her. After the funeral, they left, without a trace.

     But when Faith starts to lose her hope, an old lady with a crinkly smile had come to her. She enveloped the poor girl in a warm hug. Faith didn't have to look to know who was hugging her. Just the warmth of it was enough for her to recognize her own grandmother, her father's mother.

    Ever since then, they were inseparable. Faith's grandmother took care of her until to what she has become now.

     The bell above the entrance jingled, causing Faith to immediately stand straight. She eyed the customer who just entered. She beamed widely and made a little hand wave at Jungkook, who was already laughing. "Wow, so you really are a regular!" She was the first one to speak once Jungkook reached the counter. Jungkook ignored what she said and asked a question. "Do you always do that?"

     Faith blinked at the amused Jungkook. "What do you mean?"

     "I saw how you straightened up when I entered." Jungkook laughed again. Faith smiled at him sheepishly, her dimples reappearing. "Well, the manager said I have a poor posture so I try to straighten my body all the time, especially when customers arrive. Now, it became a habit..." she explained.

     Cute, Jungkook thought. He had to stop the urge of poking her cute dimples.

     "So," he began, changing the topic. "Did you remember what I ordered yesterday?"

     Faith grinned proudly and nodded. "A large cup of latte with extra milk, 2 shots of espresso, no foam, and cinnamon, correct?"

     "Nice, you got it." He answered, also grinning. Faith grabbed a large-sized cup from under the counter. "I'll be back with your order then!" And with that, she zoomed to the coffee machines.

     Once she was done, she jogged back to Jungkook. "Here you are!" She beamed again as she hands Jungkook his drink. "Thanks!" Jungkook's mouth watered once he inhaled the amazing scent of his latte. He handed Faith the money and waited for her to do her thing as the cashier.

     And as he waits, he began taking her features once again. Since she was closer now, he has better view of her features. Her eyes were casted down, on the computer, making her long lashes prominent. Her nose was small and a bit pointed. Her lips were full, pink and smiling. Her pair of dimples was in either sides of her lips. Her skin was fair.

     "Your change, Jungkook." Faith handed him his change and the receipt. Jungkook took them from her hands and shoved them in his pocket. "I was about to blurt out 'come again' but I guess you don't need that?" She laughed.

      Jungkook laughed as well. "Well, I don't."

════════ ⋇ ════════

Seokjin got out of the bedroom and sighed. The rest, who was in the living room, sprang to their feet and approached the eldest. "So? How is he?" Hoseok was the first to ask, concern was etched on every part of his face. Seokjin shook his head, a defeated look loomed on his face. "He's already sleeping now and had calmed down." Seokjin managed to answer. "But, he's breathing heavily."

     "Is Namjoon hyung going to be okay?" Jimin croaked.

     "We can only hope." Seokjin sighed again and sat on the nearest sofa. The rest followed him, taking their seats as well. "The recording studio was a wreck," Taehyung muttered, glancing at the the door of the recording studio. Seokjin nodded. "Yes, and so does your room."

     Then silence. The group was in their own thoughts, trying to come up with anything logical about what had happened to their leader.

     They were struggling in taking Namjoon to his shared bedroom with Taehyung since the leader was oddly strong. He was still suffering from the pain that they have yet to find out. 

     They placed him in his bed. He was still thrashing due to the pain. Seokjin had decided that the rest should stay out before they get harmed by Namjoon. And when they did, Seokjin watches over the leader of the group endure the unknown pain with a heavy heart until he had calmed down.

     Jimin's mind wandered off to the recording studio, recalling how Namjoon was a few moments ago. When they all barged in, Namjoon was already on the floor, writhing in pain. They all scanned their surroundings. One of the chairs was broken, probably where Namjoon was previously seated. The monitors' screen were broken as well. The table had a huge crack in the middle.

     Namjoon was thrashing due to the pain, causing him to destroy more. He had kicked the computer's CPU and he left a big hole in it. His hand came contact with one of the table's leg and the table immediately collapsed. Everything that was on the table, the monitors and the speakers, fell on the floor, totally broken.

     Since when was Namjoon hyung strong enough to actually destroy a chair and a sturdy table? Jimin suddenly wondered.

     They heard the main door open then close and it wasn't too soon before Jungkook appeared in the living room, a large cup of latte in his hand. Their heads snapped at his direction. He stopped on his tracks as he noticed the solemn expression his hyungs were giving him. "Jungkook, where have you been at this god damn hour?" Yoongi asked. The rest realized that they forgot about Jungkook because of Namjoon.

     They probably would have carried Namjoon with a but more ease if Jungkook was with them.

     "Umm, I was at the cafe across the street." The youngest answered, pointing at the entrance lightly. He then took a seat beside Seokjin. 

     Jungkook eyed is hyungs one by one, they all look bothered. "Did...something happen?" He almost said it in a whisper because of the silence. 

     Instead of answering his question, Seokjin turned to him. "You were with Namjoon earlier, right?" The eldest one asked, ignoring his question completely. Jungkook nodded as a reply. "Did you notice something strange?"

     Jungkook's face crinkled. "No?"

     "Jungkook, Namjoon hyung was a mess a while ago." Taehyung finally told him. Jungkook stared at him, now alert. "What do you mean?"

     "He was suddenly screaming and when we came in the recording studio, he was on the ground, crying in pain." Hoseok continued for Taehyung. "And the studio was a mess as well, almost everything was ruined, the chairs, the table, the computers. The studio was close to collapsing, the walls were damaged once it came contact with his feet and hands." Yoongi added. "Actually, everything that he touches instantly breaks or gets ruined."

     "What?" Jungkook stared at them, bewildered. He then turned to Seokjin, demanding for more explanations through his eyes. But the eldest beside him sighed in defeat. "We don't know what had happened to Namjoon," said Seokjin. "But right now, he had calmed down and he's already sleeping."

     The living room went mute again. Jungkook was still taking in the news so he was lost in his own thoughts.

     Seokjin clasped his hands and stood up. "Okay kids, it's getting late." He announced, glancing at the window for a second. "I think we should all rest."

     "What about Namjoon hyung?" Taehyung asked, considering the fact that he was Namjoon's room mate. Seokjin gave him a gentle smile. "Well, if his body acts up again, I'm just a room away."

     Taehyung nodded in acknowledgement before finally standing up. The rest stood up as well, some making stretches before going to their respective rooms. "Ahh, my back hurts, Namjoon was ing strong." Yoongi complained as he follows Seokjin to their shared bedroom.

════════ ⋇ ════════

In a deserted place somewhere in Verlensia, lies a big cave almost unknown to the people. It was very far from the main city. Inside the caves, screams of agony can be heard. The poor owner of the screams can not be heard by anyone except by herself and the one torturing her as the cave was isolated from the city.

     A man with a black robe gritted his teeth in annoyance. He was ticked, very ticked. It was already the fifteenth magical for crying out loud! Not only did she not have any powers, she also won't tell him where the current chosen descendants are.

     He inhaled deeply before speaking. "I'm gonna ask you one more time, Seolla." He warned her in a low growling voice, barely keeping his agitation to himself. "Where are they?"

     Seolla panted heavily. She was running out of oxygen. Any time soon, her breathing will halt. But does she have any regrets? Not even one. If she were to die today, she will die keeping her promise and continuing on with  her duty as a magical, despite her no longer having her powers. She will seal shut in order to protect the world from this man standing before her.

     But was it enough?

     If she were to die in that very moment, she silently prays to the Gods above to guide the chosen desecendants on their quest to find the crystal owners, and that they may succeed with defeating the danger that will create havoc on Earth.

     "As a former friend and magical, I am disgusted to even breath the same air as you are, Romanov." She spat at the man, ignoring his repeating question. The man rolled his eyes, his hand on his hips. She was utterly useless. "Then shall we stop you're breathing then?" He taunted with a raised brow.

     "You could have done it earlier, I am not gonna give you what you want anyway." She replied confidently.

     Romanov held his open palm in front of the panting magical. "Then, farewell my friend." A great ball of energy gathered in his open hand. Once the ball was big enough, he didn't hesitate to shoot it at the poor old magical.

     The safety of the world is now in your hands, owners and descendants.

     Seolla's now lifeless body collapsed to the ground. Romanov stared at her, annoyed once again as he didn't get what he wanted for today. "Ahh , I hate this noble wannabes." He said before turning on his heel, ready to exit the dark cave.

     "Oh well, I can feel the energy of the crystals anyway." Romanov muttered once he gone out of the cave. He looked up at the full and pale moon. He smirked. "I guess I'll just have to find them myself."

     Back to the city of Clarity in Ferrella, in the descendants' house, Yoongi had jolted awake from his sleep once again, sweat was running down from his face to his neck. He quivered after recollecting the happenings in his new dream. "N-n-no ing way, that was senior Seolla." He whispered, incredulous. 

     In his dream, he just witnessed one of the senior magicals, Seolla, getting killed by a man with an eyepatch and a black robe. The man was definitely unknown to Yoongi. He began analyzing his dream. That man had powers. If he remembered correctly, after all of the magicals trapped their powers in the seven crystals, all of the magicals, existing or not, no longer have their powers with them.

     But this man? Seolla addressed her as a former friend? Was he a magical too?

     But how come I don't know him?

     "Who is this Romanov?" He questioned, even though no one was gonna answer for him.

     Yoongi's gaze shifted to Seokjin, who was sleeping soundly, coddled up with his Super Mario plushies. Maybe Seokjin has an idea who that Romanov is, he always knows or at least has an idea about everything.

     Yoongi began to panic. His dreams, they were definitely telling him something. This is something he shouldn't ignore. 

     There's something behind all of his dreams.

     But why me? Why is it me? And why through my dreams?

     Then an idea popped on his mind.

     He immediately got off his bed and jogged towards his drawers. He pulled the first drawer open and his suspicions were not wrong. Before him was the Wᴀᴛᴇʀᴍᴇʟoɴ Toᴜʀᴍᴀʟɪɴᴇ crystal, the crystal that he was assigned to guard, glowing brightly in hues of greens and pinks. 

     "Holy " was the only thing he could say at the moment.

════════ ⋇ ════════

[A/N] 

Ohhhhh shiiiiiiit the crystal just glooowed meaning it is finally time to look for the chosen crystal owners who will bear the powers inside the crystalsssssaaa

Ohhh and im not gonna beat about the bush Faith is definitely a main character lmao it's obvious anyways but that's enough about her for now kekeke

Ohh and wth just happened to Namjoon lmao god of destruction alr

A double update for you lovelies since it's newly published! See you in the next chaap