Five

Yes Or Yes

Its been a week after the incident happen and its been a week Jinyoung did not see Jaebeom.Jinyoung tried to ask Youngjae about Jaebeom but Youngjae always dissmiss his question and excuse himself. Jinyoung also try to ask Jaebeom's other friend aka the tall guy but he dont really know him except his name. So it will be weird if Jinyoung suddenly ask about Jaebeom right? Jinyoung try to pry at Mark if he has heard about Jaebeom but Mark just said no and he lose his only chance to ask for Jaebeom number when Mark told him that he also cant reach Jaebeom by his number.

For everyday in the last week Jinyoung mind is in a gutter when he cant stop thinking about Lim Jaebeom. The peculiar boy that has a lot of secret or is Jaebeom a really shy boy but he can see the way Jaebeom treat his friend. He look normal whenever he is with his friend. 

Sometime Jinyoung wonder why he cant keep Jaebeom away from his mind especially when he see some melon bread at the cafeteria or when he is in his literature class and the teacher talk about the tragic love or Romeo and Juliet. But what tick his mind of is the rambling of his childhood friend about how he miss Jaebeom. How he wanted to see Jaebeom's flushed face when he or Jaebeom's voice sound so cute when he try to control his voice when he speak to him. JInyoung one day smack Jackson arm just because he cant stop talking about Jaebeom. His mind that always wonder about Jaebeom make him lost concentration in the class and he need to clean the class as the detention when he did not answer his teacher question and keep staring with a blank face.

Jinyoung training also come with a trouble when he keep making mistake that make his coach give him a 10 laps of running at the field and when he done that he promise to himself as his tired body ached from all the running that he will not think about Jaebeom sadden face again. But alas the next day he still have Jaebeom's face on his mind but now its not the sad one but the shy smile that Jaebeom show to Mark when Mark agree to tutor him on literature. This should be better right? He blame Jaebeom sad face that make him cant focus with his day.

Jaebeom shy smile make it worse. He accidentally let out a loud laugh and grin after that it make the student body treasurer blush a little. The kind girl asking Jinyoung is he fine but Jinyoung just shrug her off and continue asking her about the expenses for their prom for this year.

The thing escalated quickly after a movie date with his sister. Jinjoo has begging her little brother to accompany her to watch the new romantic comedy drama with her and after the movie ended. Jinyoung realize something. Does he has a little crush on Jaebeom?

The hero in the movie is a hopeless romantic who always keep on dating someone so that he will never be single and with the help of the girl that he met at the new year party and become best friend, both of them always make sure that the hero will never be single until one time when his best friend is not in the country because of the work so suddenly he always think about her and it make it harder for him to date any other girl when his mind is always filled with his best friend smile laughter and in the end they end up together. Jinyoung always wonder why his sistern love to watch a romantic movie when it always a cliche ending.

"Well its love right? In unpredictable. I watched a lot of romantic movie with the same ending such as the main couple end up together but the story line is always different and I love that." Jinjoo

Jinyoung did not said anything after that. He kinda agree at Jinjoo but the scene when the hero ask his co-worker about why he keep thinking about his best friend who is miles away from him and the answer is because you like her right? 

Jinyoung is laying at his bed when he think that he is in the same state like the hero where he wonder if he truly like his best friend. The hero write out all the thing that he like about her and the list goes on and on and on until the hero does realize that he totally like his best friend. 

Now Jinyoung in his mind try to list out the thing that he like about Jaebeom but not even one thing he can list out because he doesnt  know anything about Jaebeom except he is bad in literature and his smile is the most beautiful smile he ever seen and when Jaebeom make a sad face like the incident that happen Jinyoung really wanted to protect him. Jinyoung never know why he wanted to do that.

Monday coming and as usual Jinyoung come early to avoid the peaches. After he make sure there is not single peaches in his locker area he went there and try looking over the locker across him that located Jaebeom locker. He dont know why he never stumble into Jaebeom before this. There is no one at the locker at the moment. Jinyoung already know this but it did not make his heart to plummet when he did not see Jaebeom.

Jinyoung went to his classroom and keep wondering if Jaebeom come to school or not.

The recess time is always the time that all the studen in Seoul High School waiting for. Mark and Jinyoung walking together and Mark asking if Jackson will eat his lunch together with them or with his sport club member. But even before Jinyoung answer they can hear Jackson shouting. 

"JAEBEOM!!!!!" Jackson voice can be heard from across the hallway and when Jinyoung look at the hallway there is the red face Jaebeom with his friend.

"Look like Jaebeom is back." Mark said while flashing his smirk.

Jinyoung look at Jaebeom and he look fine, normal. So why does he stay away from school?

 

"JAEBEOM!!!" Jackson

"Ouh gosh he is here." Jaebeom

"Of course he is. You dont know how he keep pestering me asking about you.He sound like his lover died or something." Yugyeom

"Stop saying things like that. I dont like it."Jaebeom

"Yah Lim Jaebeom where have you gone to? Its been a week I did not see your pretty face, You know your pretty face always give me energy right?" Jaebeom

"Euw. stop talking Jackson. By the way dont you feel tired doing this everyday? I will not hang out with you." Jaebeom

"Everyday? Nah I was so bored last week when you are absent.Why? It just a hang out, its not like i ask you to date me." Jackson

Jaebeom roll his eye and shoved Jackson and walk away

"No means no." Jaebeom

Yugyeom just bow at Jackson.

"Jaebeom you look kinda cold just now/ I feel a little pity at Jackson." Yugyeom

Jaebeom look at Yugyeom with his unamused expression.

"What do you want me to do? Accept his invitation?" Jaebeom

"Why not? What if after you accept that he will not bother you again?" Yugyeom

"You got a point, I always wonder if your brain is functioning or not." Jaebeom

"Hey." Yugyeom

 

"Hey buddy." Jinyoung said while throw his arm at Jackson shoulder.

"Hey." Jackson

"Why so glump?" Mark

"Dont know." Jackson

"Arent you happy Jaebeom is back?" Mark said while throwing his knowing smile at Jinyoung

"I suppose so but he seem different." Jackson

"Different? How so?" Mark

"I mean I always right? Its been years but today the way he treat me is so cold." Jackson

"Maybe because he already tired to keep on going with your antic?" Mark

"Nah, we always has this cute banter, this cute pull and push you know?" Jackson

"Whaatever it is buddy, just let it go. Lets eat. I am hungry." Jinyoung

Jinyoung dont know if he wanted to cheer up his buddy or he just dont like the way Jackson way when he talk about Jaebeom.

 

The 3 of them went inside the cafeteria and after purchasing their food the try looking for a place to sit but because they come a little bit late their usual place has been taken by other student.

"Where should we sit?" Mark

Jinyoung look around and almost all the table is already full except the table that Jaebeom sit with his friend

"There, its look like there is nobody there." Mark pointed out at Jaebeom's table

"Lets go." Jackson said cheerfully.

"Urm excuse me? Sorry but all the other table is full, do you think we can sit and eat here?" Mark politely ask

Yugyeom who just telling some story at Jaebeom stop for a while and turn to face them. Jaebeom who just shove a spoonfull of his fried rice als turn toward them.

"Of course have a sit." Yugyeom

Jinyoung who just saw Jaebeom's face smile a little when he see Jaebeom's with his mouth full of food.

Cute.

"Cute" Jackson

Jinyoung turn to his friend and then turn to face Jaebeom who not only has a suprise expression but also because of the sudden praise from Jackson he startled and choke a little.

Jackson just laugh when he see Jaebeom flushed face.

After his coughig subdue and drink his melon milk Jaebeom stutter.

"Wh..whaat?" Jaebeom

"Nothing." Jackson just smiling and continue eating his food.

Jinyoung dont know if he wanted to smack Jackson in the head or he wanted to thank Jackson because he not just see Jaebeom's flushed face he also can hear Jaebeom little voice grunting and cursing Jackson.

"So where is the Youngjae and Bambam?" Mark

"Well they forgot to do their math homework so they just buy some bread at eat at the class while doing their work." Yugyeom

"So Jaebeom its been a week you absent from school. Where have you been?" Mark

"Ouh. Actually my grandma suddenly fall ill and my mom and me when there to accompany her and because my mom still need to work I volunteer myself to take care of my grandma." Jaebeom

"Really?" Jinyoung said sceptically.

Jaebeom was thrown by the way Jinyoung speak to him.

"Yes, what is it to you?" Jaebeom

Suddenly the air around the table become stiff.

"Nothing, I just thought maybe you were getting bullied or getting hit by your mom. Who knows?" Jinyoung

"What? What is this? Why are you saying something like that to my mom?" Jaebeom become defensive.

"Its not me, the day of the incident your friend here keep talking about your mom will keep on hitting you." Jinyoung 

"What? Yugyeom?" Jaebeom

Yugyeom become speechless when Jinyoung said that.

"I did, i did not. I dont think I said that." Yugyeom

"But you do. I was there too." Mark

"Urgh,listen. This giant over here is always so dramatic.Dont take his word seriously." Jaebeom

"Why not?What if its true?" Jinyoung

"Because its not!" Jaebeom

"Okay buddy, I think you can stop now." Jackson

Jaebeom took a deep breathe.

"I dont know why do we even have this conversation at all and after what happen that day. I really dont like you." Jaebeom said while pointing at Jinyoung and then stand up and walk away.

"Jaebeom." Yugyeom tried to call his friend

"Sorry guys, I dont know why but he become a little sensitive after he come back here.You can continue eating. I need to go too." Yugyeom

"Look what you have done! He did not even finished his food." Jackson

"What?" Jinyoung

"Yeah Jinyoung why are you being like that to Jaebeom?" Mark

"Like what?" Jinyoung

"Like you having some grudge toward him. What did he do?" Mark

Jinyoung think for a while. 

"No I did not." Jinyoung

"Yes you do." Jackson

"Shut up." Jinyoung

He dont know why but he feel so irritating when he heard Jaebeom said he dont like him.

I REALLY DONT LIKE YOU.

REALLY.

 

 

Jaebeom went to his home while not answering to Yugyeom who keep asking what happen to him. Jaebeom is not the kind of guy who shows his irritation towards other human being except for Yugyeom. But he dont know why he really hated the way Jinyoung speak to him. Why he speak like Jaebeom have some problem with him. The thing is its the other way around. Jaebeom alwasy think that the incident happen because Jinyoung keep freezing when he ask him nicely to move away. Jinyoung is the reason almost the student who were they keep giving Jaebeom the look. They all look at Jaebeom as like he commited a grave sin.

Jaebeom try to be logical and think thoroughly that is not Jinyoung fault he being beaten but all his point actually point towards Jinyoung. He never get bullied before, well a few shoved and push from a few student is not a bully at all in Jaebeom mind and he always mind his own bussiness whenever he is at the school. He dont want to be the center of attraction so he always keep low profile and juts focus on his study.

This is why he only have a few friends.

I mean he always stuck with Yugyeom since he was a child while with Bambam because he is Yugyeom boyfriend. So the only friend he make at school is only Youngjae and Bambam. Well if Jaebeom want to include Jackson while Jaebeom is sure that Jackson is not his friend. He really dont mind the way Jackson .

So he dont know why he is so irritated by Jinyoung.

As usual, Jaebeom doing his job after a week without his extra money he make sure to bring as many dogs as he can and he think he done it when he have 8 dogs with lashes on.

He tried to control all the dogs and keep remembering their name. Jaebeom is sure he already mistaking the name of the dog when a few of them keep ignoring him when he spoke to them.

Jaebeom bring the dog at the usual park and started running with them. He really love his job especially if he need to take care his neighbour cat Nora. Nora is a calm cat who just stay sleeping on Jaebeom bed and if she become active she just wanted Jaebeom to play with her. He started to run faster when a few of the dogs run really fast but with 8 different dogs its quite hard. Jaebeom just pray that their running will not bother other people around them.

But alas after one of the dog who keep wanted to run the other way the leashe is tangle between Jaebeom legs and unfortunately it make him bump into the person at his side who just jogging.

"I am so so so sorry." Jaebeom said while bowing

"Nah its fine."  the stranger said while petting the dogs

"Can I do anything? I fell so sorry." Jaebeom

"Its fine really, is this all yours?"

"No i was taking care of them. This is my part time job. Become a sitter pet." Jaebeom

"Ahh really? I never knew there is something like that." 

"I really wanted the money but I want to do something that I like so I create this job." Jaebeom

"Whoa, creative. So is this your neighbours dog?" 

"Yeah, I live at Y Apartment so a few of them wanted my help." Jaebeom

"I see, I also have a dog. I mean family dog but Im not living at that apartment. I live at Road 28 and i have a lazy little brother while my mom stuck on her kdrama so if I wanted to ask for your service do you think you can do it?" 

"Of course but with extra charges." Jaebeom said while smiling

"Clever. Can you give me your number?"

"Here.You can contact me here. Sorry I need to go." Jaebeom give his card (actually a paper that he print out with his details)

The stranger just nod.

Jaebeom walkaway with a smiling face. He already calculated the extra charges that he can add to his service.

 

Jinyoung cant focus after what had happen at the cafeteria. He never thought that Jaebeom could lashes out like that.

"President?" Joy

"Ahhh sorry Joy. I am quite tired today." Jinyoung

"We can ended this meeting and continue tomorrow if you wanted too." Joy

"No no no, we need to discuss this today so I can present this to the teacher tomorrow. We only have 4 months until the prom. I already discussed with Sunye about our budget for this year and what we can do to bring extra money. So we need to finalize the theme for this year and we can conclude the meeting after that." Jinyoung

All the other student body nod and agree.

"We already make the student to vote which theme that they interested and after we analyze half of the student really dont care while the other half were saying a glamarous night with 80's vibe." Jun

"Half of the student dont care? Huh, it was worse than last year right Jinyoung?" Ken 

"Yeah, I think maybe because last year prom really quite boring dont you think?" Jinyoung

"Yeah quite but not too bad." Joy

"Okay how about this what if we said to the student that this year theme is nothing?" Jinyoung

"Excuse me?" Jun

"The thing is I speak on my behalf okay. I really wanted to go to the prom but when I think about theme it make me feel so lazy. You know what I mean? Dress party is so over. What if we ask them to just come and enjoy the prom. In my opinion we can save a lot from the decoration. We make it simple but enjoyable. What do you guy think?" Jinyoung

"Well I am kinda agree with you. Because if we have a theme its quite hard for the girl to find a dress for a theme. Meanwhile if we can wear any dress with an appropriately dress code. I think its fine." Joy

"But dont it feel weird doing a prom without a theme?" Lily

"I dont think so but does it look like we become lazy and just announce there is no theme for this year?" Sunye

"Well if they complain we can just shove their vote to their faces." Jun

"I think we can manage to do this without a theme but make it enjoyable and people always remember the thing that they enjoyed rather than the thing that make them feeling burden." Ken

"Okay I think Joy we can continue this idea about prom night without theme. You can make the slide now and throws all the idea we has disccuss before this. We just need to convinced the teacher." Jinyoung

 

 

 

TO BE CONTINUE

 

I AM SUPER SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE I WAS INJURED FOR A WHILE AND WORKS HAS PILED UP THAT I NEED TO FOCUS ON IT.

THANK YOU FOR THE SUBCRIBERS

DO TELL ME IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT THIS STORY

DO YOU WANT ME TO MAKE IT LONG OR SHORT (MY IDEA IS I WANT TO MAKE IT UNDER 10 CHAPTER)

THANK YOU FOR READING

HAVE A NICE DAY

MINMINHYO