SHE IS THE ONE

SHE IS THE ONE

Hello gals!

thanks for always supporting and reading my fanfic!  I have an advance new year gift for you all!

tada! Chapter 4 of SHE IS THE ONE!

I'm so inspired of writing that after work I quickly opened my laptop and write........anyway I think I will still keep my mood of writing for the next few days! hahaha!

enjoy!

 

CHAPTER 4

 

          So Min feel her knees begins to fold, she felt that a cold water suddenly pour out on her body that startled her, she never believe in ghost, but now she distinguish the feeling of seeing one. Her whole body began to tremble as her eyes begin to dampen and she feel as if somebody has knock her breath out, her shaking lips finally found her voice.

            “D-Daddy…” she whispered as one chunk of tears finally fell in her right eye. Her hands touch his face, convincing herself that she’s not dreaming. The face that she will never forget, the face that she was always longing to see again ever since she was young was right in front of her. The face that was marked in her mind because of the photograph that she kept inside her closet, that she is always stare whenever she was feeling blue, confiding all her secrets, telling all her triumph to his handsome face………….his handsome………. Expressionless………. face………..

            Kim Wo Gun’s body became rigid and he felt the girl’s hand touched his face, he immediately step back, evading the contact of the young lady, he had no idea what is this girl saying that he is her father, her father! This girl is getting crazy, he thought, no normal person will just come up to you and tell you that you are his father, especially to a stranger like her; as far as he know his family is in California, his beautiful wife and his pretty stepdaughter.

            So Min felt that somebody inserted a knife in her heart, his own father cannot recognize her, or he chooses not to acknowledge her, she put her hand on trying not to make any sound because she is on the edge of breaking down.

            A warm hand suddenly slipped on her shoulder, as Hyun Joong stand up beside her, holding her, she took a glance on him, he is trying to sober up on his drunken state. Hyun Joong heard everything what he had to hear; now it’s time for him to step between the two.

            “Sir Kim Wo Gun, thank you for bringing me back to my apartment, though I’m sure  that you’re not familiar in Seoul.” He said in a pretend smile

            “It is not a big deal,” he shook his head,  “just take care of yourself, don’t drink Soju if you can’t handle it.” He joked then his attention went to the pale girl beside him, “You’re girlfriend is a little bit strange though.”

            “He is not—“ So Min protested but Hyun Joong squeezed her arm to warn her not to say anything.

            “By the way sweetheart, I want you to meet my mentor in California, Mr. Kim Wo Gun, he came all the way there because of some business purposes, he was the surprised hyung Tae Young was talking about earlier.” He introduces anticipating her reaction. “and Sir this is Miss Jung So Min” he stress her name purposely.

            Kim Wo Gun? That is his name? She thought, and swallowed painfully that’s impossible! So Min kept on convincing herself that she cannot make mistake especially to an important person as her father…….or maybe she is turning crazy!What’s wrong with her! Her father’s name is Jung Wo Yong, but all his features is absolutely her father, she’s absolute about that………how come that she made a mistake……..or her emotions just played a trick on her? There are so many questions that she demanded answers, but the pain in her head suddenly trigger.

            “I’d like to shake your hand my dear, but I feel that you’re not feeling well.” Wo Gun hesitated because he can see very well her reactions, “I think your girlfriend needs to rest right now,” Kim Wo Gun said, seeing the state of the girl is not good since they came, then said his final words to Hyun Joong “I’ll be going ahead now, I presume that your girl was worried sick about you since you came home very late…..or should I say early morning.” He gave a curt bow and left the room with the couple watching at his departing back.

 

            When the door was finally shut, So Min slowly removed herself him, “I-I think I need to go home right now, my mom must be worried sick.” She told him, avoiding his gaze; she felt ashamed of what just happened and how she embarrassed herself in front of them.

            Hyun Joong stopped her pace by holding her right wrist. “How can you drive at this state?” Looking at her white face,  “You are not going anywhere.” He told her sternly, “and beside I can’t drive you, I’m drunk and Ji-Bin will be left alone in the house.”

            So Min removed her wrist from his hand forcefully, “Don’t mind about me, I can surely go home by myself!” she said in an irritated voice, all she wanted to do is to be alone.

            “Don’t be a stubborn bull!” Hyun Joong shouted losing his patience, while he tries to control his head ache, damn that Soju! “You are not clearly okay!”

            So Min closed her eyes as she let tears freely flows down, “Yes obviously! I’m such a pathetic, stupid person that can’t even recognize her own father!” she shouted back at him, “are you happy to see me at this state?” she asked him, “or maybe your high and mighty price ego is telling your conscience that you need to save the damsel-and- distress girl that is brainless and weak!” she said in blinded rage, but she knows that she is being unreasonable right now, however all she wanted to do is escaped from his presence, she doesn’t want to be exposed her helpless state in front of him for the second time, she is Jung So Min, smart, independent strong woman that needs nobody.

            Seeing her crying like this, made his heart hurt, he felt that someone is punching his chest, and it truly hurt her. Five years back when he saw her like this he has no idea of what to do that’s why he diverted her attention by playing his guitar, but at this moment is very different, all he wanted to do is to protect her. He can’t bear watching her like this.

The next moment is his undoing, he pulled her to his arms and embrace her to bring her comfort and strength, though So Min tried to push him away, beating her small fists on to his solid wall of his chest, but he still held his ground and hold her tightly, until she exhaust herself from trying to  escaping in his strong arms, she just let go…… of all her emotions and frustrations……she wept and wept until she cries her eyes out, cries until her voice got hoarse, wept for her stupidity, thinking that at her age of twenty-one she still believe that her father will still come back, she wasted sixteen years of waiting for his return; and maybe the man consider her crazy for calling him her father, she is just pathetic person, she continue to tell herself, but the more she cried the more she can feel the warm embrace of Hyun Joong, this man that is holding her right now, the man that she barely knew five years back is offering his shoulder to cry on, that thought made her cry more…………………………………

 

           

Hyun Joong dreamt that Ji-Bin little voice is calling him through his sleep, until he felt that somebody is pulling his sleeves; and he also felt that something heavy was on top of him, that he made impossible for him to move his body.

            “Uncle Hyun Joong! Uncle Hyun Joong!” Ji-Bin called his again, and thia time it is certainly not a dream he told himself, when  he open his eyes, the blaring sunlight hurt his eyes, and his head was also pounding, and then he felt someone stir on his top.

            “Aunt So Min! Aunt So Min!” the child called her, “why are you sleeping on top of uncle?” So Min is sure that somebody is talking to her but she barely understood, she rolled to her right, thinking why her bed become suddenly hard………and then she falls on the hard carpet.

            “Ouch!” she exclaimed in a sleepy state forcing herself to sit, then she slowly opened her sleepy tired eyes…….and saw Ji-Bin laughing at her because she fell on the ground, “Aunt So Min, is sleeping on Uncle Hyun Joong fun?” he asked excitedly, “I w-want too also!” to prove himself, Ji-Bin jump on top of sleepy Hyun Joong, when Ji-Bin landed on Hyun Joong groins, he instantly wakes-up, “O-ouch!” he exclaimed, feeling the pain in his middle; then the child thought that it is fun and made him a human horse, “Uncle, wake up! Uncle wake up! Breakfast!” he chanted, waving his soft toy rabbit while enjoys riding on top  of his poor uncle.

            “Okay, Okay, I’m awake now.” Stopping him by holding the child’s arm and bring him down the sofa, while he saw So Min’s getting up her face turn red with embarrassment as if they did something that’s prohibited.Oh gosh! How did I ended up sleeping on his top! She thought, in her entire life she never touch a man’s body, nor she get close to them by pressing herself to them, but sleeping with him like that was too much intimate.

            “I-I’m just going to used the toilet,” she said avoiding his eyes, recalling now why she was sleeping on his top. “Ji-Bin come to me and wash-up.” Taking the boy’s hand not waiting for a reply.

            Hyun Joong clears his throat and announce, “I will prepare breakfast” Though Hyun Joong feels empty when So Min fell on the ground, and left him;  she was the first girl that ever stayed close to him, he always ignores girls that are throwing themselves at him, he hated that the most, this was the very first time he felt comfortable with a girl in his entire twenty four years existence in the world, he though and smile to himself.

           

            Ji-Bin was peacefully eating his cereals and milk, while both adult are silently sipping their coffee and eating bread and jam. When So Min is busy sipping her coffee, Hyun Joong silently observing her, her swollen eyes are very prominent from crying last night, her slightly rumpled long hair frame her lovely face, he thinks that she is not the common beauty that you can find here in Korea, most of the beautiful woman he knew has large eyes and double eye lids, but she is very different, and refreshing he notice that she is a natural beauty…… then he  paid his attention to his bread.

            So Min steal a glance from Hyun Joong while he was spreading jam on his bread, her eyes focus on his handsome face, to his perfect eyes, nose and lips, that every girl dreams of; she swallowed nervously and look down at his solid wall of chest, his muscular biceps keeps on distracting her from eating, those strong arms that wrapped around her last night, comforting and giving her the feeling of security. For the first time in her life she felt protected.

            “Aunt So Min,” Ji-Bin small voice got both of their attention, he was sitting in his high chair, in the middle of them. “W-What happened to you eyes?” pointing at So Min’s swallow eyes. She consciously feels her eyes;

            “She cried,” Hyun Joong said honestly.

            “W-Why did you cry, Aunt So Min? Are you upset or something?” he asked innocently.

            “You should apply ice-packed on your eyes before we leave the house” he told her, getting up and taking the ice pack from the freezer, and then hands it to her.  “Here, take it.” He said, So Min shook her head, “No, I’m alright, there is no need for ice.”

            “Just take it.” He said firmly, “That’s an order.” So Min nodded meekly and take the ice pack and put it on her eyes, she felt relief and better,  this is the  least she could do after he offered help last night.

            “Uncle I’m done with my food, I like to put on my clothes now for the nursery” Ji-Bin said, holding his arms wide waiting for his uncle to put him out of the high chair. Hyun Joong saw his bowl, he didn’t completely finish it. “You have to empty your cereals first.” He commanded.

            “No, Uncle, I’m done with food, I want to go down in the high chair now.” He said stubbornly and ended his sentence with “That’s an order!” imitating his uncle. That made both adult burst out of laughing.

thanks for reading!

next chapter will be soon as possible!