SHE IS THE ONE

SHE IS THE ONE

hello everyone! I'm back! for another chapter of SHE IS THE ONE! thanks for your support  in reading my fanfic,

This fanfic is dedicated to my friend Melanie, who was always my first reader and appreciate my work. Lanie this one is for you!

Enjoy everyone!

 

CHAPTER 2

 

    “Uncle, w-we have to h-hurry! Aunt So Min will be upset if I’m late” Ji-Bin, whine as Hyun Joong double check everything inside his nephew’s bag. Scanning the list Ji-Won gave him. Hyun Joong used to have breakfast alone, sometimes he will leave his house without breakfast and just drink coffee and eat bread in his office, but now he needs to wake up earlier and prepare for everything for Ji-Bin, his food, clothes, shoes toys and books. Ji-Bin cannot sleep without reading story books, or he has to give attention to him by playing with him otherwise Ji-Bin will throw tantrums.

   “Okay just wait for a minute uncle is checking something.” Satisfied that everything is ready. He take Ji-Bin’s outstretch hand to hold and together they go to the basement parking to Hyun Joong car. The car seat for Ji-Bin is also ready for him. The child is humming while he take his seat at the back, “Uncle my seatbelt please.” While Hyun Joong’s fixing Ji-Bin’s seat the child started his usual chatter. “Y-you know Uncle, aunt So Min will play with me t-today, then we will go to the g-garden and we will see ants and bugs! The Bugs are so s-small,” describing with his fingers as he animatedly tell his bug story. “ and you need ummm….” The child pause and thinking. “a mirror to see it!” he said fascinated voice.”

   “You mean magnifying glass.” Hyun Joong replied to his ever curious nephew.

   “Yes a m-mag-ni-flying glass!” he said excitedly. Hyun Joong chuckle as he correct him. “magnifying glass, not magni-FLYING glass.” He said with a little laugh.

  “Ok uncle!” he said, then started again with another big story about his favorite person in the nursery, his best friend Shin Bi and Aunt So Min……..

 

 

   “Ms. So Min, I don’t understand why you need to do this?” the manager of Yellow Brick Road Nursery Ms. Pyo Jae Kyung whose in her early thirties,  told the young head mistress So Min.

    “Of course Teacher Hye Koo needs complete bed rest; her 7 months of pregnancy is quite dangerous.” So Min reminded her.

    “Yes I know, but you don’t need to be the substitute teacher in Lorikeet Class, you could have assigned somebody else.” She protested.

     “Everyone has own responsibility in their class, beside I don’t want to burden them.” She replied.  Ms. Jae Kyung just smiles at the young head mistress and shake her head. Jung So Min treats the entire employee like a family. She very smart, loyal and have a big heart.  That is why Beautiful Mind Nurseries are quite popular in South Korea.  So Min understand  everyone because she always put her shoe in their shoe. Now that teacher Hye Koo will need at least three months of maternity leave So Min wants to take charge of her class.

     “Are you bored?” Jae Kyung smile at her. “you are you not tired of handling the entire YBRN staff and still wants to work as a class teacher?”

     “It’s not that, I just love to interact with  little children” she said.

     “No they are not little children, they are monsters!” Jae Kyung teased. Describing home 2  and half children are pain in the .

     “I know, monsters…. that are hard to resist because they are so innocent and adorable.” She said poignant voice. “Children need to be loved and cared for, that is our role as an adult.”

    “Is that the only reason why you want to take charge of the class?”Jae Kyung looked at her, “or because it is because your favorite child is there, Kim Ji-Bin”

    “Oh , you mean Unnie Ji-Won’s son?” her face lifted up thinking of the adorable boy. “Of Course!” she confirm without thinking twice. “The two are very important person in my life, I consider Unnie like a real sister. She have done so much for me and my mom so I consider them like a family.” Then added, “She went for a  business trip in Chicago; and she asked me a favor to look after Ji-Bin.”

    “Speaking of the devil, your little boy is here.” Jae Kyung informed her, So Min back was facing the entrance that’s why she didn’t know who are coming. She smiles and turns then open her arms wide for the running happy Ji-Bin.

    “Hi! Good morning my dear, how are you?” she greeted the child with a hug and kiss in his chubby soft cheeks. Ji-Bin also responded by a warm hug and kiss in the cheeks.

   “Good morning Aunt So Min! I’m fine thank you.” the child replied and soon started his story, “You know Aunt So Min, my mommy ride an a-airplane and she went in a far-far away place.” He said in a pouted sad face.

   So Min smiles and stoops down of his eye level and assured him. “I know, my dear don’t worry about that, Let mommy do her work and Aunt So Min is here with you.”

   “A-and Uncle is here also!” he clapping his hands then run to Hyun Joong and take his hand, guiding to So Min.

     So Min give her brightest smile and slowly stand up ready to greet the person unnie Ji-Won was always talking about. She extended her hand for handshake, and when she met his eyes, she caught her breath for a second then stop herself not to react at the most handsome man she ever behold.

    Hyun Joong collide eyes with bright shining dark eyes, that caught his breath and make his heart skip a beat, there is something in her aura that he cannot possibly explain, that make him extend his hand to take her scented hand for a handshake; her long dark hair and slim figure make him forget the words that he is about to say. He keeps on staring at her for a while trying to figure out that there is something familiar with her. Jae Kyung noticed the attraction between the two and clears loudly.

    “Hello you must be Kim Hyun Joong, the mother of Ji-Bin told us about you.” Her voice broke the spell between the two persons that immediately separates their hands together.

   So Min caught herself and act accordingly before she make a fool of herself. “Hi, Welcome to our nursery, your sister informed us that you will be Ji-Bin’s guardian while she’s gone.”

   “Yes thank you, Ms. So Min, my sister has high regards over you, so I guess you will take care of Ji-Bin.” He said formally making his tone equal with her, and then continues. “So I will leave Ji-Bin for now and I will be back later to pick him up.” Handling the bag of Ji-Bin to her, his finger brush softly to her hands that sends shiver on So Min spine. He called Ji-Bin and say his goodbye, “Be good boy okay? I’ll be back later.” Rumpling his hair.

“Okay uncle, but c-come back very fast okay?” Ji-Bin said loudly, waving his hands, when Hyun Joong is about to turn around, Ji-Bin tagged his pants to stop him, “Uncle, k-kiss.” Ji-Bin is asking for goodbye kiss, he always does that with his mother. Hyung Joong offered his cheek for his nephew, and then give him a pat.

   “I love you uncle!” Ji-Bin said suddenly, Hyun Joong heart warms when Ji-Bi told him that; it was the first time his nephew said that, maybe they are getting closer now. Hyun Joong thought and smiles to himself; and then give So Min a smile and say goodbye softly. His action made So Min smile back shyly at him. When he face his back to her, he suddenly have goose bump  all over his body, it’s the first time that he smiles to a girl, especially stranger. He reminded himself that maybe it was because of Ji-Bin that’s why he gave a smile to her.

 

   “What is that all about?” Jae Kyung asked So Min as soon he was out of the classroom.

    “What do you mean?” So Min asked innocently. Revolving backwards to see the children playing at the mat and went to them to play, “You know what I’m talking about.”

            “Come on, please there is nothing to talk about, so if you could go back to your work in the reception I’m still going to meet parents and talk to them.” She gave a hint to Jae Kyung that the topic is off limits.

            So Min was thinking of Hyun Joong while she’s constructing tall tower with the children, he is somewhat familiar that she can’t point her finger with; she is very sure that he met him somewhere before. Her phone suddenly rings interrupting her thoughts. She saw it an unfamiliar number in her caller ID maybe an international call, she called one of the assistant teacher to supervise the children while she take the call.

            “Good morning, So Min speaking” she said in a professional manner.

            “Hi good morning to So Min,” replied a familiar voice.

            “Hello Ji-Won, how are you? How are things keeping up there?” So Min asked.

            “Everything is good and manageable here.” She said then continues, “how about my son, is he troubling you?”

            “No not at all, he just came a while ago, your brother dropped him here in the class. Would you like to talk to him?” she offered.

            “No its alright I just talked to him 20 minutes back while he’s in the car, I reminded him to behave.” She giggles and added. “How about my brother is he rude to you?”

            “Goodness, of course not! He was polite and kind.”

            “Polite and kind?” she burst with laughter, she know Hyun Joong character when meeting woman, he’s not showing any reaction at all, he was cold and indifference with them. Ji-Won has already doubt if the two met it will be difficult for them because their personality is quite different, but she was surprise that Hyun Joong is ‘polite and kind.’

            “Listen So Min, can do me a favor? Could you please go to Hyun Joong house tonight? Just play with Ji-Bin, because Hyun Joong told me that he got a business appointment at 7 pm, he will stay up late till 11pm. He told me in the morning that he needs someone to look after Ji-Bin.”

            “Okay no worries,” she replied “I’m already used of babysitting him right?”

            “Oh thank you very much, So Min you’re an angel I know that I could always rely on you.” Ji-Won said in a grateful voice.

            “So anything else?” So Min reminded her.

            “Yes, just come around pass 6 pm, and then I will just send you an SMS for Hyun Joong place.

            “Okay, have a good time there and take care of yourself, don’t exert too much work, maybe you’ll get sick just like last time.” She said sternly, as if she was older than her.

            “Yes unnie.” Ji-Won teased. “Give me a kiss for my son! Bye! Love you!” then hung up the phone.

 

 

            So Min rang the door bell at Hyun Joong apartment at around 6: 15, she nervously straighten her red top and skinny jeans, as if she was going for a date. She stops herself and thinking that it was very foolish of her to think that he will notice him. In her entire life men are chasing after her. From high school to college, even married man went after  her! One time a divorcee father came in her office in the nursery and asked her for a date. She turned him down politely.

            She have never been in a relationship before, she told herself that she will concentrate in establishing Beautiful Mind Nurseries to be secure in South Korea,  her goal is to reach every children to achieve happiness during their formative years, and now she has a campaign in helping all single women in Korea. She knew best based on experience. Her mother is a single mom, a mother that brought up her own child to be a good person that will contribute in the society.

            And now she is worry of her outfit! She shakes her head and told herself that she will just babysit Ji-Bin.

            “Yes.” Hyun Joong said in the intercom.

            “It’s me So Min, Unnie Ji-Won told me to look after Ji-Bin tonight.”

            Kim Hyun Joong opened the door in the entrance of the building, then look at the mirror to check himself. Damn! He curse to himself, since when he’s being bothered that So Min will come to his house, he is a man of full of confidence, he doesn’t exert any effort for the women to like him. And now why he care what will So Min will think about him?

            The doorbell rings and he walks towards to the door to open it. When he opened the door, So Min smile politely at him, then came Ji-Bin running towards her.

            “Aunt So Min!” he shouted in delight, and then gives her a hug and kiss as if they haven’t seen each other for a long time.

            “Hello my dear, are you happy to see me tonight?” she asked the child.

            “Of course, we are going to p-play me hide and seek, and-and we are going to watch Hi-5 and read me some stories okay?” Ji-Bin told her excitedly clapping his hands in happiness.

            “Come inside the house,” Hyun Joong invited her. She stepped inside, remove her shoes and wear the house slippers for the guest. As soon as she were inside her eyes automatically scan his place, it’s pretty modern…..and expensive.

            Ji-Bin took her hand and guide her in the carpet in the beside the center table wherein all his toy stuff are gathered.

            “I learned from your sister that you work for Cheo Bul Music Corporation,”So Min started the conversation as she sits with Ji-Bin on the carpet. “it’s quite famous company, you must be very talented to join in there.”

            “Yes, I have been making my own music since high school, after I got a scholarship in Kyunggi High School, I—“

            “Pardon?” So Min interrupts him, “which school is that?” She asked him, now vivid memories are coming back to her.

            “Kyunggi High School”replied, as he saw her eyes turned big as a saucer, she looks funny that he wanted to laugh at her.

            “Y-you,” pointing her finger on him, “you are that grumpy sunbae carrying a guitar right?”  

            “What are you talking about?” he said in confusion. But his memories are returning also. Back on his first day in Kyunggi high school….. two girls was mindlessly talking about boys that they didn’t see him in front…….. then it hit him.

            “You!.....are that girl?” he said putting both of hand on his hips, as if accusing her.

            “Uncle Hyun Joong and Aunt So Min,” Ji-Bin interrupted with a frighten little voice. “Please don’t fight with each other” he pleaded.

            Hyun Joong and So Min realize how hilarious their situation at this very moment, now that they remember how the first time they met. They both look at each other and all of a sudden they both burst out of laughing.    

 

thanks for reading! comments please!