SHE IS THE ONE

SHE IS THE ONE

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the long wait! I have been doing thinking for a long time, and now thank God I finished another chapter of SHE IS THE ONE

its my belated Christmas gift to all and hope to write again during New year!

enjoy!

CHAPTER 3

         

      The sound of their laughter is like a lovely music in Hyun Joong’s apartment. The terrified child who was about to cry seconds ago unexpectedly joined their amusement as if he understand what is going on between the adults. Their eyes met after the long soft laugh; Hyun Joong looked at the bright shiny smiling squinty dark eyes that seem to be 100 percent attractive, her nose is definitely beautiful he thought, as his attention went to her full lips that only wear shiny lip gloss, he swallowed and clear his throat, but it seems that he can’t take away his eyes off her. The way her long luxurious hair frame her face, make his heart skip a beat. He clearly remembered everything now, the spirited smart independent girl he met in Kyunggi High School five years back. She might not knew it but, ever since they bumped on each other on the day they first met, Hyun Joong was silently observing her since then, whenever she passed by him at the corridor while she was laughing at whatever her best friend was telling her; or when she was at the canteen with a big crowd around her, some of the boys gave her food to eat and she would smile at them thanking them sincerely; or when she was studying at the school library; or the way she entered her classroom while she greeted everyone with a smile. But one thing that he cannot forget is the way the she always pouted at him whenever their eyes met, and the way she raise her eyebrow in disapproval of him, he knew that he never apologizes what he has done on the first time they met, but now that they are five years older this time around, it’s about putting the past behind them. However there was once instance that………..

      The shrill of Hyun Joong mobile phone made two jumps back to reality, while Ji-Bin oblivious to his surrounding still continued to play with his blocks. So Min pretended to play with Ji-Bin while she eavesdrops to Hyun Joong conversation on the phone.

     “Hello, Mr. Lee, Good evening.” Hyung Joong said. Mr. Lee Tae Young, his manager, in his early thirties Lee Tae Young was quite attractive person, and he is  also the only person Hyun Joong trusted in business.

      “Hi, Mr. Kim Hyun Joong, how are you?” Tae Young replied in a serious tone.

      “I’m good, how about you?” matching his tone.

            “Just cut the crap, Hyun Joong!” Tae Young chuckled. While Hyun Joong grins from ear to ear.

            “When did you come from California?” he asked.

              “Just 5 hours ago, and I didn’t have a decent sleep but the company called me already for the business meeting.” He complained. “But I know that you’ll be there so I agree with them.”

            “Damn it!” Hyun Joong curse.

That snapped So Min from playing with Ji-Bin, “Excuse me but you are not, allowed to curse in front of the child.”

            “Aunt So Min, what is DAMN IT?” Ji- Bin asked innocently.

            “Who is with you, Hyun Joong?” Tae Young said curiously. “Is that a woman?”

            “Hyung, I’ll meet you up in the meeting after 20 minutes.” Hyun Joong said hanging up the phone.

            “Hold up, I have a surpri—“ the line was cut.

     He clear up this throat the get the attention of the two people in his house, he address Ji-Bin first. “Ji-Bin,” he started kneeling down to the child’s level, “you behave ok, be a good boy and obey your Aunt So Min, I’ll just be gone for a while.”

     “Yes, Uncle, I’ll be good.”

He stands up and meets the eye of So Min, “you still never change,” he taunted her, “smart mouth

     “What?” So Min reacted.

     “I guess you already know what to do here, just feel at home, and do whatever you what.” He softly chucked. “I’ll be back around 11pm.”

      “Bye, Ji-Bin” he wave to the child, but the child run to him and gave him a hug on his leg.

      He nodded at So Min and said “I’ll be going ahead, if you need anything just give me a call.”

      The door finally shut as Ji-Bin went back to do his business…….playing. While So Min still continue to stare at the close door.

      The Kim Hyun Joong five years back was still the same Kim Hyun Joong today, So Min thought, but he’s ten times more handsome and manly. If before he can be describe as cute and handsome, but today with his biceps and figure he’s definitely oozing with masculine hotness.   So Min call still recall how the girls flocked around him as he walked at the school hall with a guitar on his back; or how he played it during break time, everyone was hypnotize of his great voice added up the way he handle his instrument, he can quite attracts a crowd without knowing it, even boys from the school admire him for playing guitar skillfully. Some of her schoolmates already became instant fans for Hyun Joong, they even asked for his autograph while he just gave it nonsensically.

     But there was one impression that So Min will never forget about him, it was 5 years back………………………..

 

     The blue clouded sky was very impressive, the autumn weather gave a little chill on So Min body as she nervously waiter for a very important call from her mobile phone, the rooftop of their school was secluded area, there are seldom student going in there because it off limits, but So Min still choose to go there whenever she was waiting for an important call from an important person. At the first ring of her phone she immediately answers it without any hesitance.

    “Dad?” she said anxiously, gripping her phone tightly.

    “My baby, how are you?” he answered, the line was quite choppy and she guessed that he  was in very far place.

    “I’m fine daddy, how about you? Are you living well?”

   “Yes of course sugar, your daddy can always manage himself, don’t you believe in me?” he teased. But So Min knows any better, his father was always living like this, transferring home, touring cities and provinces, or around the whole South Korea.

    So Min’s eyes watered unknowingly, she terribly miss her daddy, the only daddy she know is the one who is always calling her during her special day. She took a deep breath and said in an aching pleading voice. “Dad……I-I miss you so much.” Helpless tears flows down on her cheek, as she whimper in pain as if her heart was breaking into thousand pieces. “Dad come back to us…….come back here with mom and let us be a family again.”

     “Oh, sugar!”she can hear his father’s voice trembling. “You know very well that I can’t do that!” he protested, “I still have to prove to your mother that the path that I have chosen was the correct way”

    “Daddy, could you please be reasonable and throw away your stupid pride!” she cried

     “Are you starting again with me Jung So Min!” her father was  losing his patient.

     “But Dad, your pride is destroying our family!”

     “However, I also gave my word to your grandmother that someday I’ll be the perfect son-in-law, I still have to prove it to her.” he said sternly.

     “B-But Dad, grandma is not here anymore! If you cou—“

     “Enough!” her father cut her protest. “I don’t want to hear any unpleasant things about this.”

   Blinded with tears, So Min nodded, agreeing with her father for the first time. “Ok dad,” she said with a pause. “From now on you will not hear it from me again.” She said with conviction. “because, this is the last time that I’ll beg you!” she wiped her tears and said her final word.

     “Goodbye daddy”

    “Wait! Suga—“ but the line was already cut.

     Tears of frustration and pain suddenly came out from her, she wept and wept until she poured out her heart and soul, she hated her coward father, at the same time she love him so much that it kills her, her mother doesn’t know anything about the secret phone call during her birthday…….her birthday! She thought, today is her special day that nobody knows, even her mom maybe forget to greet her because she was so busy with their business.

     Suddenly a cord of acoustic guitar fill up the surrounding, the first key of Lean On Me, was beautifully played by a falimiar student. So Min realizes that she was not alone in the place, Hyun Joong was ten feet away from her sitting on a stool playing the cords of Lean On Me….. his beautiful voice fill up the air as he started singing.

 

Sometimes in our lives we all have pain

We all have sorrow

But if we are wise

We know that there's always tomorrow

 

Lean on me, when you're not strong

And I'll be your friend

I'll help you carry on

For it won't be long

'Til I'm gonna need

Somebody to lean on

 

Please swallow your pride

If I have things you need to borrow

For no one can fill those of your needs

That you don't let show

 

Lean on me, when you're not strong

And I'll be your friend

I'll help you carry on

For it won't be long

'Til I'm gonna need

Somebody to lean on

 

If there is a load you have to bear

That you can't carry

I'm right up the road

I'll share your load

If you just call me

 

So just call on me brother, when you need a hand

We all need somebody to lean on

I just might have a problem that you'd understand

We all need somebody to lean on

 

Lean on me when you're not strong

And I'll be your friend

I'll help you carry on

For it won't be long

Till I'm gonna need

Somebody to lean on

 

Lean on me...

 

     So Min quietly listening to the song, but still  she cannot control the tears that’s coming out from her eyes, and when the song was finished, Hyun Joong stood up from the stool and take his bag and ready to leave the place.

     “Excuse me,” So Min said in a tear voice.

     “Yes?” Hyun Joong stop in mid way land looked at her, but suddenly he burst out of laughing.

     So Min was suddenly confused by his reaction. One minute he was passionately singing, and then all of a sudden he’s laughing like crazy. Hyun Joong control himself not to make her cry anymore. But still little laughter escaped from his voice as he spoke to her. “You look like fish! A dead red eye fish.” So Min became suddenly conscious of herself, she wipe her tears and took her small compact mirror in the side pocket of her back pack. and when she looked at her reflection she gasped open mouthed, her red fluffy eyes was now smaller than ever and her nose was very red…….she looks terrible, no wonder that is Hyun Joong reaction as is he saw a possessed fish!

     Their eyes meet again and this time both of them burst of laughing. She took tissue in her bag and blows her nose.

     “Thank you.” So Min said simply there are no other words that she can describe after she felt that somehow a burned was taken off her shoulder. He’s the only person who saw her in vulnerable state; even Mi Na never ever saw her crying her heart out.

    “You’re welcome” he smiled.

     That was the sign  that everything is truce between them.

 

     The next day, So Min went again to the roof top of the school, hoping that she can see Hyun Joong playing his guitar, but she was disappointed because she wait for him until break time was over and still he didn’t showed up, but she convince herself that there is still tomorrow……..…….but it has been three days now, So Min can’t find him anywhere in the school premises, even in his homeroom class, he was not showing up. She is getting a little worried about him because he is not attending school, but her question was finally had been answered. She and Mi Na was eating lunch at the canteen when she heard the conversation on the other table at her left side.

     “Did you hear the latest news?” the short hair girl told excitedly her friend.

     “What is it?”

            “It’s about Hyun Joong!” when So Min heard his name she suddenly stop eating her food.

            “What about him?” the girl with a long hair inquired

            “I was at the principal’s office during third period, and I heard that Hyun Joong will be  going in USA to be an exchange student”

            “Oh really! That was fabulous!” the long hair girl exclaimed.

            “The principal said that she was very proud of him, because he get into that collage with a scholarship, but at the same time she felt like losing a treasure in the school……………………..

 

            “Aunt So Min! Aunt So Min!” Ji-Bin called her attention as she snapped back to the present time. She shook her head to clear it and gave her full attention to the little boy.

            “Yes my dear?”

            “I’m hungry, please, can I have food!” the child asked.

            “Oh alright, I’ll prepare your dinner, why don’t you watch something first while I prepare your dinner. What would you like to watch?” she asked looking browsing at the DVD cd in the cupboard.

            “Wiggles! Wiggles! Wiggles!” Ji-Bin chanted with delight.

            “Okay, Wiggles as you wish, Wiggles you will watch.” So Min said with a smile.

            “Horay! Aunt So Min! I-I Love You!!!” So Min smile and told herself she have to listen to men playing guitar.

 

            After Ji Bin ate his dinner, So Min prepare him for washing up, she clean him up and put his pajamas then took him to his bed to sleep, but of course Ji-Bin wanted to hear the story about car. She read one story for him and waited for him so sleep. She also feels tired after a long day of work, her eye lids feels heavy, slowly she shuts her eyes and told herself to just take a nap for just few minutes and then she’ll tidy up the living room later.

            The buzzing of doorbell jolted her up from her sleep, she wondered who could it be. She know that Hyun Joong got his own keys, and she was not expecting anyone at this hour……her eyes went to the mirror, and her eyes when round as a saucer, it’s already passed one in the morning! She went in the living room and checks the monitor, a strange but vaguely man was holding drunken Hyun Joong. She immediately opens the door and let them in. The man in his mid-forties put Hyun Joong on the couch, and then hold his aching back.

            “Aigoo, young man now a days doesn’t know how to hold their liquor.” He exclaimed, the he finally gave his attention to the young lady who was strangely looking at him, So Min face suddenly turn all white as she recognizes the man…..

            “D-Dad?”

end!

i hope you  all like it!