the Ahn's residence

Romance at Moonlit Beaches
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin skated her way home after that short, a bit embarrasing encounter with Minjoo. She wasn't entirely lying about having no money on her. Though she did have her black card with her, she's too lazy to get some money from it. Besides, arcades only receive either paper or coins. And of course, she needed an excuse to talk to Minjoo, knowing that she probably won't remember her.

A car suddenly pulls up behind her. It was her older brother, Jung Hoseok. They only shared the same mother so Hoseok had a different last name than Yujin. He's a music producer and choreographer. Yujin's father supports him like he's from his own. But Yujin's father is more strict towards Yujin.

Yujin stopped and held her skateboard with her hand. She also took off her headphones. "Skating home again, Yujin?" Hoseok lowers the window of the backseat of his car. "It's not that far, anyway." Yujin looks at his brother and flashes a grin. "You know Dad hates it when you skate, although I honestly don't get his point of skating being a boys' thing." Yujin just shrugs as Hoseok sighs. "Well, I'll head home first, okay. There's no stopping you from rebellion, anyway, especially when you're at that age." Hoseok adds as he cuuckles at Yujin. "Yeah, you're right, oldie. I'll be off now." Yujin escapes from his brother's vision just before she gets a smack from him.

Yujin sneaks into her own mansion as she hurriedly hid her skateboard on some bush near the gates. She silently went inside using the backdoor. Yujin had no time to look around to see if her father's there so she sprints halfway through ths stairs. "Ahn Yujin." Yujin immediately turned around to face the owner of that stern voice. "Oh hey, Dad. Didn't see you there." She pretends to be calm as her father points out something. "What were you doing?" Yujin looked around for an excuse. "M-my snacks ran out so I went down from my room to look for some. Turns out it's fresh empty. Haha, haha." She scratches her nape and grins at her father. Mr. Ahn glares at Yujin more intensely as Yujin gulped. He lets out a deep sigh and ordered one of their servants to buy Yujin everything she needs. "D-dad, you really don't have to--" Yujin tries to reason her Dad out of it but he insists. "It's an order. And you, go stay in your room. Remember what made you grounded 'til next week." Yujin had no choice but to go back to her room.

"Am I not supposed to be his favorite child??" Yujin took off her hoodie and threw it harshly at her door. She jumps at her bed and layed down on her stomach. She stays like that for a few seconds as she lies down upright. "I just broke two of his golf clubs and went skateboarding for a bit. He had never even scolded me for breaking some of his precious things. What's gotten into him?" It's true, though. Yujin's father had only started to be strict and stern at her when she had hit the age of eighteen. Yujin tries of think of a plausible reason of why her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter