What kind of eventfully weird day is this?

Jennie's Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa just asked me if I wanted to join Chaeyoung and her together for lunch. I'm hesitant on agreeing to her offer because I'm worried about how awkward it will be between the three of us. Especially more so now that Jisoo wasn't here to help me feel more comfortable.

"It's alright... Thank you for the offer but I'll decline. I should probably grab some lunch for Jisoo before she starves to death." I gave Lisa a shy smile as I felt bad about rejecting her lunch offer.

"Oh it's no bigge. I guess I'll see you around school?"

"Yeah... See you around." We waved our hands goodbye and proceeded to go our own ways.

Oh my gosh Jennie Kim, you just passed up on a lunch offer with one of the few most popular people in school? What's worse is that I gave up the chance at making friends! Friends, Jennie!

I heaved out a sigh and slowed down my pace as Jisoo's words suddenly rang in my head. I still remember how she told me I should start making friends as connections are important in the working world for people to climb up the ladder quickly.

Friends... Maybe I should really start stepping out of my comfort zone soon...

With a new determination and mindset, I pushed the thought I had earlier about making friends one side and focused on what I am currently out for. Shopping.

 

 

I entered the nearest H&M store and grabbed a basket. Less than 5 minutes into the store, my basket was filled to the brim with many different clothings. Before my brain even had the chance to process what I was taking and the price of the items, my hand had already placed the clothings into the basket.

I mean you can't blame me. My hands and my brain almost literally belong to two different bodies every time I shop.

My basket was starting to get heavy and it was dragging me down. I had like three different pairs of jeans of different cuts, four t-shirts which range from a simple logo to a hugeass print at the front and threedenim shorts to try on.

The maximum number of clothings someone is allowed to bring into the fitting room is usually six pieces of clothings. But I'm not 'someone'.

The staff at the changing room saw me holding a basket full of clothings and sighed before letting me in to a changing room. That is the very same staff I see every two days whenever I come down to this exact H&M store to try my clothes on.

If I ever head down to the other H&M store just three blocks down, this staff just magically appears there, in charge of the changing room again. It's safe to say that at this point in time, this staff and I have a ill fated relationship. Actually the ill fated part is more for the staff because I'm really happy to be allowed to bring ten pieces of clothings in to the changing room.

Around 45 minutes later, I was done changing and I left the changing room with the ten pieces of clothings I brought inside. As usual, I returned all the ten pieces of clothings I took back to the staff, and I could see the staff crying internally and praying to god to safe them from this misery.

I feel so bad for giving this staff so much work to do. All this person does all day is literally fold clothings, return them and repeat. I'm so sorry yet I'm not sorry.

 

 

Glancing down at my trusty old watch that I managed to bargain from a price of $20 to $10 roughly 3 years ago, I saw that it was almost 12 noon which meant that Jisoo is probably about to be awake soon.

I took out my iPhone 5 and scrolled through my contact list and pressed onto Jisoo's name. As expected, I had clicked onto Jihyo's name instead as my phone screen was way too small for someone to actually press onto something accurately.

I swear I get this same issue for every application and every text I try to send. It's about time to upgrade from using an iPhone 5... I should probably save up to buy a flip phone and press '7' four times just for me to get the letter 'S'.

Anyways, I tried for about 2 more times before I actually got into Jisoo's contact and clicked on the call button.

The call was still ringing and trying to get through to Jisoo. Just when I was about to give up, the call had finally connected.

"Mandus!!! Where are you?!? I'm starving so you better get your to where I'm at before I get arrested for cannibalism." As soon as the call had connected, I had brought my phone away from my ear as I was used to Jisoo screaming and shouting like a mad dog over the phone.

"Good afternoon Chu, I'm at the mall. Text me when you are here so that when can grab lunch together. See you." I clicked onto the end button and continued walking aroudn the mall.

With Jisoo, there is not much point in talking over the phone with her because she gets nothing done. She seems to have lost all her brain cells and her IQ is almost non-existent when on a phone call. For something to get accomplished, you would have to tell her what to do and wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter