Party for the new school year

Jennie's Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been 4 days since that day in the school canteen. Jisoo's injury had recovered rather quickly but her cheeks were still a little swollen. It doesn't look that bad on her as it only makes her cheeks look fuller now.

Today was a Friday and the entire school campus was bustling. Many were dressed nicely in party outfits and there were flyers being handed out everywhere. To celebrate a new school year, there would be a party being held at 8pm at someone's house. Everyone is invited as long and that includes me. The antisocial kid.

"Jendeuk, are you going to the party tonight?" Jisoo came up beside me as I was taking my books out from my locker. I shook my head and shut my locker to head to my next class. "Why? I really think you should go. I know you will tell me that you don't need any friends but me... But Jen, it's time for you to know some people. You will need to start making friends which would help you in the future. It's hard for people to hire someone who can't be a team player."

What Jisoo said made sense and I stopped in my tracks, pondering if I should go. "But it's a party... It's going to be so loud in there. Plus everyone might just get drunk and start puking."

"It's all part of growing up. You need to start living your life and experience things before you turn old and grey. What if you can't find anyone to marry in the future? You are going to be lonely for life."

"Then why don't you marry me if you are so worried?" I smiled at Jisoo and she was stunned for a second. "You know same marriage isn't allowed in our country."

"Yeah I know, it was just a joke. I'll just grow old alone then. I have to get going now, classes in 5 minutes!" I waved goodbye to Jisoo and made my way to class. The class I was heading to had a mix of Business students and Art students. It was more of a literature class where we read many poems that had tons to gain more creativity. Actually I don't really know what this class is about but I'll just have to work hard at it.

 

 

I sat at where I always sit for every class. The very first row right smack in the middle. Meanwhile, every student that entered the class all walked right to the back of the class and filled up the last two rows. This left with a huge gap between me and them. I could very well fit a football field with the amount of space in between.

15 minutes into class, the doors to the class suddenly opened and a student entered. The teacher took a glance at the student and gestured for her to take a seat. I looked at her and saw her blonde hair. She doesn't seem to be good company and she'll probably go sit at the back. The teacher continued with his class and I saw the seat beside me being taken by the blonde girl from earlier on.

"Hey, this seat isn't taken right?" She had a very sweet and soft voice. I was actually surprised that she was going to sit at the first row with me. Maybe she is actually one of those very studious kid?

"I-It's empty." I cleared my stuff that were at her side of the table as she took a seat. She glanced at my textbook to see what page we were at before flipping to that page. 45 minutes later, the teacher gave us a 5 minute break and I leaned back in my seat to absorb what he was saying.

I was really bad at literature, especially reading poems. I can't understand what the poems are trying to tell me, it's too difficult for me.

"Hey, I'm Chaeyoung, what's your name?" The girl introduced herself and had her hand out for a handshake. "I'm... Jennie." I slowly brought my hand to meet hers and we exchanged a firm handshake.

"I'm from the Arts, I presume you are from the Business course? I haven't seen you around the Art building." I nodded my head weakly and kept my eyes on my textbook.

"Are you going for the party tonight? I guarantee it's going to be a blast! Plus, I hope to see you there because we're going to be seat mates for this module." She smiled at me and handed me one of the flyers that were being distributed earlier on. With shaky hands, I took the flyer and browsed through.

"I'll think about it..." I answered softly which she didn't catch as the teacher had resumed with his lessons.

Classes ended an hour later and Chaeyoung packed her bag and waved goodbye to me before leaving the class. She seems really nice and friendly. Maybe I'll consider going this party with Jisoo.

 

 

Classes all ended early today for the upcoming party. I met up with Jisoo to go home together. On the way home, Jisoo was still trying to convince me to attend the party and I couldn't find the right moment to cut in to let her know I was going to go.

"I'll go. I'll go to the party." I told Jisoo and she had to blink a few times before what I said processed in her brain. "Y-You'll go??" I nodded my head and she immediately hit my shoulder lightly. "I knew you would go! Come on, let's head back to our dorm to pick a nice outfit for you."

There was still many hours to go before 8pm had reached and Jisoo literally gave me a whole make over which lasted for 2 hours. "Yah Jisoo, this is too much. I don't even look like myself."

"What do you mean too much? You are going to turn so many heads at the party. No one is going to recognise you because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter