Saturday is the best day of the week

Jennie's Choices
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I dare you to kiss the innocent girl, Jennie"

"Jennie, you don't have to proceed with the dare if you don't want to. You can just leave now if you feel uncomfortable." Chaeyoung told me as Lisa was looking at me, waiting to see what I would do.

I glanced at Chaeyoung, then to Lisa, and finally back to Chaeyoung. "I'm sorry, I don't feel up for the dare..." I looked at Chaeyoung and hoped that she would help me get out of this mess. She seemed to have gotten the hint as she pulled me up and brought me away from the game.

"Hey, it's fine. I understand that you don't want to kiss a stranger. The gang is pretty cool with it, although you might get teased by some of them for not playing along."

She held my hand and led me out to the backyard. The roaring of the music faded away as we went further into the yards and sat at a bench. The noise from earlier on was now replaced with silence. The night silence that is always accompanied by the crickets.

"Is this your first party?" Chaeyoung broke the silence and I nodded at her. "Jisoo was the one who encouraged me to attend it. She says that my life is too boring and at this rate, I'll be a loner for life." I joked around and I saw Chaeyoung smiling at me. For some reason, I started feeling nervous and conscious at the fact that we were both out here alone.

"She's probably lying to you. I mean look at you, with a face like yours, you'll definitely have a partner in the future." I blushed at how she smoothly complimented me. I mean she might have been trying to make me feel better, but this was the first time someone apart from Jisoo had given me a compliment.

"You don't have to make me feel better... I'm the biggest school nerd and have never been in a relationship for all 21 years of my life."

 

 

Chaeyoung seems offended at my statement as she looked at me in shock. "Girl, have you taken a good look at yourself in the mirror?" I nodded my head but Chaeyoung still seems to be unconvinced.

She carefully raised her hands up to my face and took off my nerdy circular glasses. "You have a pair of really beautiful eyes. They look even more breath-taking after I remove them."

Next, she brushed away the strands of hair that were covering my face and tucked it behind my ears. "You are naturally pretty, don't hide your face with your hair anymore."

I had to thank the darkness out here as my face was blushing furiously right now. If it was not 11pm right now, she'll probably notice how red my face is. I can even feel my ears getting warmer as time goes by.

I started to lower my gaze onto my feet and look away from Chaeyoung. I don't want her seeing me blushing so hard right now.

But my wish wasn't granted as I felt a pair of cool hands cupping my cheeks and I was met with a pair of soft eyes looking straight into mine. "You are one of the most beautiful girls I have ever laid my eyes upon. You should learn to be more confident in yourself."

Before I could speak, I heard a familiar voice calling out from behind us. "Jendeuk! Is that you?"

I quickly stood up from my seat and turned back to wave to Jisoo. "Yeah! It's me!" Even in the dark, I could see her smile radiating and lighting up this night sky. I turned back to Chaeyoung and saw her standing up beside me already. "Thank you so much for helping me out earlier on and trying to boost my self-confidence."

She gave me a smile. A smile that had tons of different emotions evoking. "It's no big deal, glad that I could help a friend out." She ruffled my hair slightly before walking back into the party.

 

 

I was staring at the retreating figure of Chaeyoung until Jisoo broke me out of my trance. "Yahooo~ Earth to Jennie." I jumped up in shock at how Jisoo was suddenly beside me and I held my hand up to my chest. "Don't you scare me like that!"

"What do you mean? I walked up to you and you didn't seem to notice me. It's not my fault."

She was right. I was the one that was day dreaming and didn't notice her creeping up from behind me. Unable to find words to counter her, I told her that we should call it a night for this party and head back to our apartment.

"Home sweet home!" I stood at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter