Showtime

Radio

The show started great; I feel a little less nervous than what I expected probably because of the rain. After playing the last song for the first part, the Shinhwa members started entering the booth. I stood up and went to them, and of course I bowed. They also bowed and offered their hands for a handshake.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Lee Minji, I’m the DJ. Nice to meet you.” I said. “Nice to meet you Minji-ssi! I don’t think we have to introduce ourselves. I’m pretty sure you know us.”, Minwoo answered and he winked. I laughed with his reply. “Of course, I know, I’ve been a SHCJ ever since I was in grade school”, I thought. “Yah Minwoo! You have to behave!” Eric said to him. “No, it’s fine.” I answered and laughed. The other members laughed also, and it made me feel better. I was not that nervous anymore.

 

The show segment with them started and it was fun. As our practice whenever it is bora, we have our capture time, I asked the Shinhwa members to pose for the camera. “Would they be doing it while we have the capture time?” I thought to myself. Every Shinchangs know this, whenever they do group pictures, they hold each other’s butts. But since they were seating down, they didn’t do it. Whenever I play songs, or if the commercials go on air, they goof around and even pose for the fans outside.

 

They were supposed to be on the show for one segment but I was surprised when they asked me on air if they can stay until the end of the broadcast. I looked at the writer and waited for her to respond. “Our SyungDJ, wanted to observe more how you DJ,” Junjin said. “Ya! Shut Up!” Hyesung suddenly said. “Oh, don’t be embarrassed Hyung! It’s fine. I think she is your sunbaenim in being a radio dj. Right Minji-ssi?” Andy answered him. “Me? Sunbae? Don’t say that, I’m just a new DJ too”, I answered.

“But your show started last year right?” Junjin asked. “Yes”, I answered. “Then you are really his sunbae!” Dongwan blurted out. “Ya! Hyesung, bow down to your sunbae!” Minwoo teased Hyesung. I saw Hyesung getting madder with what the members but he just gave up with their teasing.

 

He suddenly stood up and looked at my area, he then bowed and said “Annyeonghaseyo Sunbaenim”. I was surprised that I also stood up and bowed towards him and said “No, you don’t have to do it.” I answered immediately. The members laughed and patted him on his shoulder, “Good job Hyesung-ah!” Eric teased.

 

We proceeded to continue with the show, and followed the script given to me. The writer-nim gave the Shinhwa members the copy of the script so that they can also be part of the show. I ended up telling them to talk more, I just watched them do the DJ-ing. They let me say the ending ment, and I played the last song for the show.

It was really the time to leave. We greeted each other again and they waved goodbye to the fans outside. I didn’t notice that the rain already stopped pouring. I fixed my earphones and put it inside my bag. We went out of Garden Studio and then proceeded to go the car. The Shinhwa members are in front of me.

My phone rang, my ringtone was the instrumental of All Your Dreams. I immediately looked for my phone inside my bag, hoping that they wouldn’t hear my ringtone. But when I finally answered my phone, I saw Andy looking at my direction. He smiled and whispered something to his Hyungs.

They stopped and waited for me. I was contemplating if I should just walk to the opposite direction or just continue walking towards them. I sighed and just walked towards.

“Why did you call?” I asked the person who called me. “Nothing, I just missed you” he answered. “But I didn’t miss you.” I . “I’ll call you once I get inside my car”, I added and ended the call. They heard this part of my conversation and they were looking at me, seems like they want to ask something.

 

“Oh, Minji-ssi, so you have a boyfriend?” Dongwan asked. I was startled because the question was sudden, and it was really straight to the point. “Boyfriend? Ah! The one who called me? He’s not my boyfriend”, I answered. “So who was it?”, Junjin is now beside me. “He is just someone.” I answered. We arrived at our cars, and we parted ways.