Chapter II

Persona - A New Awakening
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Rumors [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] Warning: Graphic depiction of body mutilation. Skip beginning of chapter until midway.

 

   For a brief moment Moonbi was asleep. Lost in a world of nothing. Breathing in the chilled air as her mind wanders aimlessly for a long time until it reaches a sudden halt.

"No. No, please! STOP!" Screams soon follows and a loud, sickening crunch is heard. It sounds like mixture of bones snapping and flesh being torn apart. Horrific wails and deafening cries eventually ran silent and then... silence.

She is unable to ignore it. She is unable to unhear it.

A body.

She rests on her knees and looks. Something inside of her is unable to control the situation or herself for that matter. She is forced to witness this horrific tragedy. The body seemed like a fresh kill, in fact. 

Blood everywhere. The face completely smashed into its skull while both arms were bent in multiple directions. Some deep cuts sliced between each thigh and leg, but most notably on the chest through stomach.

Yes, there's a massive incision and she can see the ribs poking through- she doesn't want to think about it. No, NO, NO.

Her brother didn't have to suffer. Not like this. NOT LIKE THIS.

She's falling into the void of nothing. And like nothing, Moonbi becomes nothing.

"Glad to see you are succeeding."

That voice sounded too familiar. Too familiar to be anything remotely comfortable. Moonbi awakes from her cell and finds herself at the end of the jail cell clenching the bars awfully tight.

She didn't give the woman to speak, mind far too clouded with dreaded, uncontrolled emotions she once tried bury.

"You killed him." Who else is there to blame? Was the woman really avoiding her all these months after this "game" had started? It's the closest probability.

Who else would've murdered and maimed him in such a gruesome manner? What possible human could commit this atrocity? Miriam only responded with an amused chuckle.

This infuriated the girl even further. "Oh, so this is funny to you? Killing humans like they're nothing more than livestock?"

"My child, I took no part in your brother's death."

"LIAR!" "Quiet, inmate!" "No!"

Normally she would hold some reservations. Normally she would maintain a form of dignity. Under regular circumstances Moonbi would act composed and... human.

But she felt anything but that.

No matter how hard she tried, within this moment she is lost to such crippling rage. Anger. Fury. Bitterness. Hatred. The burning of bloodlust and justice sears straight to her soul and engulfed in vindication. All she can see is red red red red red- burn it all away!

Miriam? All she did was smirk in delight.

"Perfect. You feel this intense form of righteous anger. You have been wronged... your brother have been horribly wronged. It is a cruel reality that I cannot take no part of. This is your reality where vile humans and the formation of their inner hearts are revealed."

"This would've never happened had I not accepted your offer!"

"It would have happened either way." What? No, she's wrong. "Human nature still exist. With or without the supernatural intervention. His death still would have occurred."

"That is not..." The flame. The fire. The roaring passion slowly fizzles out. "True..." She didn't sound a hundred percent certain.

Time.

Despite of what happened Daemin still would have died. Is this woman implying he still would've been murdered regardless? That he was born simply to live a life so short? But that cannot be true. It can't be...

By the looks of it Miriam's eyes did not deter from hers. "Dare to doubt me? Go ahead, but you agreed to become my candidate for rehabiliation." For- for what? Fingers entwined ever so neatly the old woman cackled.

"So you're saying I'm simply an experiment?"

"Well, not exactly. Only if you would interpret it as such. After all, you are utilizing your new abilities quite nicely. And, let it not be forgotten that we have established a contract that shall not be broken. You vowed to find a pathway to justice and be the light in this horrible world."

Moonbi didn't know what to say. What could she even say for that matter? How can she even argue against any of this? There's so much she truly didn't understand, let alone know.

The woman waves a gloved finger at her. "Do not fret," She stated with a subtle smile, "If you maintain your agreement to the rehabilitation process and find purpose within it, freedom will surely follow." Moonbi didn't want hope. She didn't want justice. She only wanted her brother back.

And as far as Moonbi can tell there were no intentions of bringing him back.

She falls to the ground. Numbness encasing her whole body as her vision grows weak and murky. 

 

 

January 10th, 2018

 

     "Attention students! We have a new student today." Whenever she thinks about an all boys school, Moonbi thinks about the moreso stereotypical aspects of it all. Loud, brash, irritating, annoying and sometimes downright stupid. However, she understands not all boys and grown men act like those stereotypes.

But.

She entered right into a war zone.

Loud chattering and laughter blasted her ears the moment she walked inside the classroom. She soons ducks when a paper plane flew past her. Some actually crumbled up paper and tossed it at each other. Other students banging noise from their desks, and- and are those spitballs on the walls?!

Okay, breathe, breathe. Focus.

Moonbi looks around the room. Outside of the chaos seems to be fifteen, sixteenish seats, maybe? There was an empty chair on the left corner, isolated and hugging the back wall like Moonbi desired. Perfect. 

"Everyone! Everyone? ...EVERYONE SHUT YOUR GODDAMNNED MOUTHS!"

A hushed silence fell across the room.

The teacher released a long, hefty sigh. "This is Park Moongi. He transferred from a small school and is incredibly shy, so please, do not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter