First Day of School

Forever SHINing: Twins of SeOUL

a/n: Thanks to the new subscribers for this story! You just gave me motivation!

 

Taejun leaned over and whispered in his brother’s ear. “Did you know that the maknae could drive?”

        “I didn’t know anyone in SHINee could drive! Except for maybe Jonghyun since he drove that Porche in the Lucifer video...That was a Porche, right?”

        “I don’t know...” Taejun sighed.

        The twins were in SHINee’s van with Taemin in the driver’s seat. It was Monday and they were off to their first day of high school in South Korea. Taemin took on the responsibility of driving them to his old school and making sure they were all set for their first day.

        Taemin pulled into the school’s parking lot and killed the engine. He turned around. “Okay, all ready for your first day?!” The twins just grunted. “Aw, don’t be like that! You’ll have lots of fun! The staff and students here are really nice and no one really bugs the celebrities that go here. Speaking of which, there are all of celebrities that you should know that go here. Get to know them and you’ll be set. But don’t let that fact stop you from making friends who aren’t celebrities. You guys will be fine, you’ll see.” Still, the twins were quiet. “Well, let’s go.”

        Taemin took them into the building and into the main office. While Taemin was getting all of the twins’ stuff from the secretary the twins lingered near the doorway and looked down and the student-filled hallway. Groups of friends were lingering around conversing. Some students were at their lockers putting away jackets and gathering up their books and notebooks. Others just hurried off to wherever they were headed. Thankfully, this particular high school didn’t have uniforms, so students would be easy to distinguish from one another.

        The two boys poked their identical heads out the door way and looked around. It wasn’t long before a pretty girl with light brown hair noticed them and waved at them, smiling. She was familiar.

        Taejun and Chaejun looked at each other then back at the girl, still smiling at them. They stepped back from the doorway.

        “That was...” Chaejun started.

        “Luna...” Taejun continued.

        “From f(x)...” they finished together.

        Cautiously, they looked back out the doorway. This time all the girls in the group were looking at them. Then they recognized them all. Besides Luna, there was Amber, Sulli, and Krystal from f(x) and Minzy from 2NE1. They all smiled and waved at them.

        Taejun looked at his brother. “We haven’t even been here ten minutes and this school is already testing our sanity.”

        Chaejun just looked at him with a worried expression.

 

 

        Shin Dongho ran down the school hallways all the way to the cafeteria clear on the other side of the campus. When he got there he burst through the doors and ran up to a table on the other side of the room. Once he got up to the table he collapse, huffing and puffing. Sitting at the table were Sehun, Kai, DO, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Chen and Tao from EXO.

        “Where’s the fire?” Chen laughed.

        Still huffing and gasping for air, Dongho pointed out the cafeteria.

        “Ooh! Charades! I love this game!” Chanyeol said. “Is it the hallway?”

        Dongho shook his head. And pointed more widely.

        “The front of the building?” Sehun guessed.

        Dongho nodded.

        “The front office?” Tao elaborated.

        Dongho nodded again.

        “Someone inside the front office?” Baekhyun asked.

        Again, he nodded.

        “Who?” Kai wondered.

        “Taemin hyung!” Dongho huffed out at last. “With new students! Twins boys! Luna and the girls saw them a few minutes ago!”

        The seven boys from EXO looked at each other and leaped up, dashing out the doors, and leaving their breakfast. Dongho just gave up and sat at the abandoned table.

 

 

        Taemin was showing the twins around when they practically got bum rushed by EXO.

        “Taemin hyung!” Kai hugged his best friend.

        “What are you doing here?” Sehun asked.

        “Hi guys! I’m showing around the twins here,” Taemin gestured to Taejun and Chaejun. “They’re staying here in South Korea for awhile so they’re staying with us and going to school here.”

        “Oh? They’re staying with you and the others?” DO looked at the twins who were just standing there silently. “Who are they?”

        “Ah, well, they’re fanboys actually. They wrote a fanfic story about us and Lee Sooman-nim wants to turn it into a couple of biography stories. They’re going to write out our biographies!”

        “Wow! Chincchaeyo?” Baekhyun smiled at the twins. “Annyeong haseyo! I’m Baekhyun from EXO-K! What are your names?”

        Taejun sighed. Looks like the silent gig is up. “I’m Shin Taejun and this is my twin brother Chaejun.”

        “Annyeong haseyo!” Chaejun bowed and smiled.

        “Aigoo! They’re cute!” Chanyeol pinched Chaejun’s cheeks.

        “How long are you two staying here in South Korea?” Tao asked.

        Taejun shrugged. “Who knows? I guess however long it takes for our story to be published and for us to write another biography about them.”

        “Well then,” Chen put his arms around the twins’ shoulders, “I guess we’ll just have to become good friends then, since you’re going to be here for awhile.”

        Taemin smiled and clapped. “Daebak! See guys? Now you have EXO hoobaes to help and support you! Would you mind showing them around? I should be going now. Busy busy.”

        “Of course we will!” Baekhyun nodded excitedly. “We’ll take good care of them, hyung! Don’t worry about a thing!”

        As Baekhyun said that, Kai took Taejun’s wrist and Chanyeol took Chaejun’s and they and the others strutted off, Kai and Chanyeol dragging the twins behind them.

 

 

        Now EXO and the twins were sitting back in the cafeteria at their table. Dongho was still sitting there, now eating a bowl of cereal. The twins were smushed between Chanyeol and Baekhyun who were staring at them with great curiosity. The twins, on the other hand, felt like they were sitting on blocks of ice.

        “Uh, guys. Don’t you think you might be making them nervous? Chanyeol and Baekhyun, you two are practically breathing down their necks,” DO said to break the awkward silence. “So, you two aren’t from South Korea?”

        “Uh, yeah,” Taejun answered. “We’re from America. Our appa is Korean though. We’re from New York.”

“Ah, the Big Apple, huh? Exciting!” Chanyeol smiled.

“So you’re fans of SHINee?” Kai wondered.

“The biggest,” Chaejun smiled.

“Surely not bigger than us,” Sehun laughed.

“Close enough,” Taejun smirked.

“What about U-KISS?” Dongho asked through a mouthful of Fruit Loops.

“U-KISS is really good too,” Chaejun nodded. “We like all of the boy K-Pop groups, but SHINee is our favorite.”

“EXO being our second favorite.” Taejun smiled and laughed. “Especially the face paint and screamo parts in MAMA.”

Chaejun recoiled. “That was scary!”

“Hey!” Kai said. “I should go like that for Halloween!”

“Definitely!” Taejun high fived him.

“So how did you end up getting a job writing SHINee hyungs’ biographies?” Dongho asked.

“We wrote it for a fanfiction site and Taemin hyung found it and showed it to the others. They showed it to Lee Sooman and he wanted it published,” Chaejun explained. “So now here we are, in Seoul, living with SHINee.”

“Must be super fun living with them, huh?” Tao wondered.

“You bet,” Taejun nodded. “Especially with Key and Jonghyun.”

“You guys are fanboys, right? Are they your biases?” Baekhyun asked.

“They’re hyung’s biases, but mine is Taemin,” Chaejun said.

“Who are you guys rooming with?” wondered Chanyeol.

“I’m in Jonghyun and Key’s room and Chaejun is in Taemin’s room.”

Sehun laughed. “Wow. You must have been surprised.”

“You have no idea,” the twins said together.

“Well, I think we’d better get to class now,” DO said, looking at the clock on one of the cafeteria walls.

“Ne, DO is right,” Kai nodded standing up. “We should go before we talk too long and end up late.”

 

 

A few hours later, it was lunchtime. The twins had been given separate schedules and only had two classes together. However, they weren’t alone. Kai, Chanyeol, and DO had most of his classes with Taejun and Dongho, Baekhyun, and Sehun with Chaejun. Of course, the fun didn’t stop there. In the period between their first four classes, the twins had found that they also shared classes with the girl idols that went there. As it turned out, Minzy and Amber had some of their classes with Taejun and the other f(x) girls with Chaejun. And boy did they stick to them like glue.

“Taejun-ah! You should sit with us!” Minzy said, clinging to his arm. (Of course, like any sane, teenage boy, he didn’t mind one bit.) “We’re much more fun than those EXO boys and little, innocent Dongho!”

Amber laughed at Minzy’s forceful “suggestion”. “What she means is, you’re welcome to sit with us if you want to, but no pressure.”

Taejun laughed back. “Thanks guys.”

Just as Taejun and the two girls were about to walk into the lunchroom, Chaejun came running up with an exhausted and maybe even fearful expression. He fell to his knees and skid to a stop right in front of his elder twin with his hands clasped in pleading.

“Hyung! Hyung, please! You’ve gotta help me! They’re driving me crazy! I can’t take it anymore! Please use your powers of female seduction on them so they’ll leave me alone!”

“Chaejun-ah! Come back here, you cutie!” rang out Luna’s voice.

Chaejun visibly flinched and scurried across the floor behind his brother, Amber, and Minzy, trying to hide. The other girls ran up and stopped in front of Taejun.

“Chaejun-ah! You’re supposed to be with us! And Minzy, Amber, you were supposed to stick with Taejun!” Sulli pouted. “How could you betray us like that.”

Minzy and Amber just looked at them with confused looks. Taejun, on the other hand, chuckled. He pulled back his hair to reveal his earrings. “Sorry, ladies. You’ve got the wrong twin.” He stepped to the side to reveal Chaejun still on the ground, clinging to his leg. “This is Chaejun.”

“Hyung!” Chaejun complained, looking up at his brother with an angry pout.

“Aww! He’s even cuter than Taemin!” Sulli gushed.

“Chaejun-ah! Why did you run away?” Krystal asked with her own pout forming on her lips.

“Never mind! Let’s go eat!” Luna said, picking up Chaejun by the hand and dragging him into the lunchroom, Krystal and Sulli following behind.

“Looks like he’s had his hands full,” Taejun joked, making Amber and Minzy laugh. “I guess we’d better go keep an eye on him. Make sure he survives being fawned over by famous female idols.”

Minutes later, Taejun, Amber, and Minzy had gotten their lunches and joined Chaejun and the other girls at a table further accompanied by EXO and Dongho. Somehow, Chaejun had managed to worm his way in between Chanyeol and Kai rather than be stuck between two of the girls. Chanyeol and Kai looked happy, but now had to deal with three pouting girls.

“Well, gosh! Aren’t you a ladies man!” Chanyeol said. “Look at you, Taejun! Flanked by Amber and Minzy!”

“You should have seen him back at our school in New York,” Chaejun sighed. “Me, on the other hand, I can’t deal with all that.”

“So we noticed,” Kai laughed.

“Chaejun-ah, why didn’t you just tell us we were making you nervous?” Luna said.

“Yeah, we would have backed off if you asked us,” Krystal agreed, Sulli nodding beside her.

“I tried to but you guys just-Agh! Never mind!” Chaejun slumped against the table.

“Don’t worry, Chaejun. I can’t deal with girls that well either,” Dongho said as the others laughed.

“So,” Amber said. “What do you two like to do for fun?”

“I love sports the most. Basketball and soccer are my favorites. Chaejun, he’s pretty good at tennis, but he’d rather stuff his nose in a book or go to the amusement parks and stuff like that.”

“We like most of the same stuff, but really we’re polar opposites. I’d want to go to the movies then eat out for lunch but he’d rather go shopping then go out for lunch.”

The girls (except for Amber) got excited over that. “That settles it!” Minzy said. “We should all go shopping with Taejun this weekend!”

“That’s alright for you guys, but I think that movie sounds nice,” Amber smiled at Chaejun. Chaejun smiled back thankfully.

“So, what do we do?” Baekhyun asked. “Just go with Chaejun and Amber to the movies and leave Taejun to go and shop at Dongdaemun with the other girls?”

“No. No one said you guys couldn’t come with us,” Taejun said. “But do you guys really want to be dragged around Dongdaemun by four girls high off of a shopping spree with a guy that they know will buy them anything they ask for, as long as he has the money for it?”

The boys paused for a moment before Kai said, “Well, I have two noonas, so it won’t really bother me that much. They still ask me for money to go shopping.” The others turned to give him a look. “What? I’m used to that sort of thing?”

“ I agree with Kai. Shopping isn’t that bad,” Tao said. Now they all looked at him. “What?”

“That’s okay, Kai!” Luna said. “You and Tao can come and shop with us and the rest of those boys can go to the movies with Amber and Chaejun!”

“‘Those boys’?” DO repeated. “Is that all we are? ‘Those boys’?”

“Until we get tired of Taejun, yes,” Sulli said.

“Which probably won’t be for a long~ time,” Minzy added.

“At least he got the girls off your back,” Sehun whispered to Chaejun who held back a grin.

“Ah, you guys are just being hormonal because Taejun is good looking and he’s a ladies man!” Amber said as a joke. “That’s fine, cause Chaejun, EXO, Dongho and I will have just as much fun at the movies and amusement parks and whatever else! Right?”

“Right!” Chaejun and the others agreed in unison.

Then Amber said, “Aigoo, but you really are cute though!” she said, pinching Chaejun’s cheeks.

“Uh, kamsahamnida, noona,” Chaejun blushed, biting back a nervous smile. But that just made the girls start gushing over him again and the boys laugh at him. Taejun just rolled his eyes and smiled.

 

 

After they all finished their lunch and headed outside for recess, Taejun got involved in a soccer game with some of the school’s non-idol boys (Taejun’s team won of course) leaving Chaejun to entertain the girls with his cute antics. The rest of the school day went smoothly after that with Taejun keeping the girls occupied so they wouldn’t drive his poor dongsaeng twin up the walls and through the roof and Chaejun calmly chatting with Amber and the other boys. However, by the time the bell rang to dismiss school and they made their way over to the waiting SHINee van with Taemin in the driver’s seat.

“Annyeong~!” he greeted them with his classic, noona killer, maknae smile. “How was your first day of school here in Seoul?”

“Exhausting,” they both said as they collapsed in one of the back seats.

“That bad?” Taemin frowned (secretly hoping they didn’t get bullied by any of the other students).

“We said ‘exhausting’, hyung. Not ‘bad’,” Taejun sighed. “But I think I might have at least four girls wanting to date me. Although they haven’t exactly been forthright about it, I can still tell that they do.”

Taemin almost slammed down on the break pedal at a stop sign when he heard Taejun’s words. He looked back. “Four?”

“Yep. And their names are Luna, Krystal, Sulli and Minzy.”

This time he did slam down on the pedal, sending the twins hurrling forwards and causing a car behind him to honk their horn angrily.

“Mianhamnida!” Taemin called out the window. He took a deep breath before glancing at Taejun through the rear view mirror. “You’re kidding me?”

“Nope. Originally, Luna, Sulli, and Krystal were interested in Chaejun, but-”

“Hyung is really good at flirting with girls, both intentionally and non-intentionally, so they must have switched their interests as soon as hyung said ‘shopping’,” Chaejun finished.

Taemin chuckled. “Yeah, that would do it.” He turned to glance quickly at Taejun. “So are you going to…?”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“I’ll be too busy writing with Chaejun and plus…I have other reasons.”

“What do you mean?”

“They’re pretty and all, don’t get me wrong. But they’re just…not my type…you could say.”

“Someone else on your mind?”

Taejun smirked. “You could say that. In more ways than one.”

“Hyung, if you say Key and Jonghyun, I’m sorry, but I’ll have to hit you,” Chaejun sighed.

“That’s one way,” Taejun laughed. Chaejun hit him on the shoulder. “But as a joke of course. I’m not bi, but if I were I would definitely consider them.” Chaejun rolled his eyes. “Oh come on, Chae. You can’t even say that you haven’t thought the same about Taemin hyung.”

Taemin laughed as he saw Chaejun flush a bright shade of pink in the mirror. “It’s okay. I’m sure there are a lot of other boys in the world who are thinking the same thing right now. Despite their affiliation.”

“I hate being a fanboy,” Chaejun frowned. “We’re at the root of all the jokes.”

“Well I find it flattering, so there,” Taemin said.

The twins smiled. “Kamsahamnida.”

“Oh yeah,” Chaejun said. “Taejun has a shopping trip with the four girls and Amber, me, Dongho from U-KISS, and some of the EXO members are going to the movies this weekend.”

Skreech!

Honk!

“Mianhamnida!”

 

a/n: I wont be doing the weedend trips because that's a dead end/writer's block for sure. Instead, if everyone wants it, I'll do it as a separate oneshot.