A Video From SHINee

Forever SHINing: Twins of SeOUL

Chaejun trotted down the stairs of their New York City house and into his appa’s office. Taejun was in the shower and their parents were gone for moment, so he decided to check the status on their SHINee fanfic story. He would never get rid of the feeling of accomplishment that washed through him every time he looked at his and his brother’s completed work.

He didn’t notice the orange envelope icon indicating that they had a message in their inbox until he had read all of the new comments, looked at all of their new subscribers, sent them friend requests (he made it a habit to friend all of their subscribers as saying “Thank you!” to them), and filed through all of their friends’ blog posts, looking at all the ones that were about SHINee, even finding a few that were reviews of their story.

    “Hm,” he hummed. “Probably another subscriber talking about our story and making a request.”
    He clicked into it and saw:


Dear YINandYANG95,

We have read your SHINee fanfiction story and would like you to look at this. We promise you won’t regret it! ^^
 

Sincerely...well, you’ll find out. XD



    “‘We’? There’s more than one? Wonder what the link is.”
    So he clicked it. As it turns out, it was a link to a private site that had only a single video on it. He played the video and a few seconds later he screamed.
    Taejun threw his shirt on and dashed out the bathroom and slid down the stairs on the railing, running into the office to see his brother’s ghost pale face. “Chaejun?! What’s wrong?!”
    Chaejun, still pale and looking like he saw a dead body, looked up at Taejun. He pointed frantically at the computer screen. “It-I-they-story-message-video-SHINee-look!” he stuttered.
    Taejun sighed. “You’ve been reading SHINee fanfic again haven’t you. I told you not to read that stuff anymore. It’s ridiculous.” Chaejun shook his head fiercely. “What is it then?” He just pointed. Taejun looked at the paused video of SHINee in their dance studio positioned ritually in their 3-2 arrangement. They were in the middle of saying something. He restarted the video and played it.
    “Annyeong haseyo!” they said, doing their typical introduction and started talking in Korean. There were English subtitles (although, they understood every word SHINee was saying thanks to their appa). And what they were saying chilled both twins to the bone.
    “Hello! We are shining SHINee!” they said together.
    Onew started talking first. “So, you’re probably wondering why we would send you a video message to your AFF account. Right? Well that’s what this video that we...less than expertly made.”
    “Ne,” Jonghyun continued. “To get to the point. We’ve read your fanfic story and loved it! It was incredible and very well written. We thoroughly enjoyed it!”
    “Actually,” Key continued, “our maknae found it while ‘playing shawol’.” Taemin smiled and laughed nervously as Key talked on. “He showed it to us and we all agreed that it would make an awesome story to put out into the public and the media. We found it very symbolic and representative of our times together in our trainee days and even after we debuted. It was very accurate and realistic and brought back a lot of forgotten memories for us. And for that we are very, very grateful.”
    Onew and the others nodded. “Ne. So much in fact that we talked to our manager and Lee Sooman-nim about it and they both loved it so much that Lee Sooman wanted it to publish it as our official ‘fictional biography’ as you two called it.”
    “And they also thought that it would be good if you also wrote an actual, true biography about us to go with it!” Taemin added. “So if you could respond to us about this via our AFF account that we sent the video link to you with it would make us very, very, very happy.”
    “Hopefully, we look forward to meeting you,” Minho said finally.
    “Bye bye~!” they all said, and the video cut off.
    The twins sat there in shock until their parents, Shin Seungjun and his wife Adrianna, walked in.
    “Twins?” their umma called up the stairs.
    Seungjun peeked into his office. “They’re in here Adrianna. What are you boys doing? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”
    “SHINee...” they both said, still staring at the screen.
    “SHINee, huh? What big event have they gone and done now? Have they done their comeback yet?”
    “Aniyo. That’s not for a few months,” Taejun sighed. “They’re planning on having a set of biographies published.”
    “Chinccha? That’s good. They’re a nice group. They deserve to have something as big as a biography about them done. Who’s going to write them? Do you know?”
    “Oh yeah, we know,” Taejun nodded. “We’re the ones doing it.”
    “What?!” Seungjun exclaimed, confused, as his wife walked in.
    “They’ve read our fanfic story. They sent us a video about it,” Chaejun explained in a small, monotonous voice. “They want to publish it. Look.” He played the video again.
    Their parents carefully watched the video, Seungjun listening and Adrianna reading the captions. Once it was over Adrianna put her hand to in shock and Seungjun scratched his chin in thought.
    “Well, it’s legit. That’s for sure,” Seungjun said. “And it seems like they really, really want it published and another, actual, non-fictional biography written by you boys. And to think they went to their manager and Lee Sooman-nim about it. They’re really sure about this.”
    Adrianna turned to her husband. “The boys said for them to reply on this site to their account. What should they do?”
    The twins’ appa eyed them carefully. “Do you boys want to do this? Without a doubt, they’d be disappointed, crushed even, if you decline. I think a writing career sound promising for you boys. If you decide to do this, I’ll back you up one-hundred percent.”
    The twins looked at each other then up at their parents. “We’ll reply to them and tell them we accept.”
    Seungjun smiled and stooped down into his desk drawer and pulled out a keyboard with hangul characters. He unplugged the English lettering keyboard and plugged in the hangul one. “Hope you boys still remember how to write and speak Korean. Let me know how it all turns out.”
    Chaejun and Taejun looked at each other one last time, then began writing their reply.