Chapter 8: Actions speak louder

That Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Young

C a r p e n t e r ' s  W o r k s h o p

JessJungBB<3: Chagiya <3 Do you wanna tell me something?

MY: ?? You don't text me for 2 days and now you ask me if I wanna tell you something? :(

JessJungBB<3: Don't sulk B, you know I love you. But really, nothing to tell me?

MY: Huh? Nothing! What do you mean?

JessJungBB<3: https://youtu.be/BUouHFEhWGE 

JessJungBB<3: Read the comments. Still nothing to tell me?

Min Young smiled as she clicked the link, already knowing what she would see. As expected, the behind-the-scenes footage of Her Private Life started playing on her screen. 

MY: Haha, he's funny isn't he?

JessJungBB<3: Funny?! That's not what I expected. y, smoking hot, cute, handsome, lovable, i-have-a-crush-on-him is what you should be telling me! I see you gurllll.....hehehehe

MY: LOL. OMG can you not please. Of COURSE I have to crush on him - it's all part of the job darling don't you know...

JessJungBB<3: Krystal was seething when she sent me the video. Shes SO jealous of you haha. You know she said she wanted to be with Jae Uck right? Like, aaages ago, for We Got Married. She all but declared her undying love for him on TV hahahaha shes obsessed with your BTS and is hating on you right now....

MY: Omo jinjaa? I didn't know. Tell her she has everything to be jealous about HAHA. Jokes aside, for real he's been good fun to be around the last month.. filming live has been pretty crap.. you know how it is.. it helps when there's someone fun on set..

JessJungBB<3:.....are you sure it's just "someone fun"? Miss "he's like a pillow", miss "Oppa you're taking my cotton candy", miss "kim PRO", miss "omg its so obvious I'm crushing on him help me now"?????

MY:.....you have too much time. Did you really watch ALL the BTS what the....

JessJungBB<3: Don't deflect B. Maybe the world can't really tell actor Min Young from loved up Min Young, but I definitely can. And it is TONS of loved up Min Young I am seeing in these BTS. You act well, but not THAT well......

MY: YA!! My fans will beg to differ ok. I do act very well thank you very much.....

JessJungBB<3: Ok irrelevant. Acting aside. So what's this. TELL ME NOW.

MY: Omo Jessss. 

She continued typing, but paused. What could she say? "Unnie, close your eyes please?" Keunmin said, as she put on the last touches of eyeshadow on Min Young. She obediently closed her eyes and soon, felt her phone start to buzz incessantly. She smiled. She knew it must be Jessica, who was always impatient when it came to things like this. In the US it was almost midnight, and she could just picture Jessica lying on her bed, mask on her face, as she badgered her best friend for an answer. Sure enough, when she opened her eyes, she saw "JessJungBB<3 incoming video call" flash on her screen.

"Sorry, Keunmin-ah, Jess is calling me - I need to take this," Min Young got up from her seat and answered the call as she walked past the crew setting up for the filming. 

"Ya!! - Why did you not answer mee??" Jessica's face filled the phone screen (as expected, paper mask on her face). "Omo, are you on set? HAHAHHA, sorry, I didn't know. I always forget the timezones these days.. SO tell me what's up? Do you like him or what???" 

"OMO YAAAAAAAAA." Min Young exclaimed. "You're on speaker for goodness' sake. Let me get my earphones on." Min Young hastily dug in her pockets for her airpods and synced them to her phone. She breathed a sigh of relief. "Okay. Safe. What now? Why are you calling me? I'm working okay?" Min Young smiled mischievously back at her friend.

"Oh cut the crap. You KNOW WHY. Tellmetellmetellmetellmeeeee..." Jessica whined. Min Young laughed. "Well, okay.. wait, let me get out of the workshop.. I think they might still be able to hear me." Min Young ran up the steps, out into the sloped street where the carpenter's workshop was located. As the door closed behind her, the noisy sounds of the set disappeared and she was left alone on the quiet street.

"Okay. So. Well. I don't know. Since that day, you know, the fake kiss day? He's been texting me all the time - even when we're both on set. Nothing crazy, just continuous daily texting, and sending me photos of random things.. photos of his dog and cat.." Min Young paused as she was interrupted by an excited squeal from Jessica. 

"EEEEEEEEK OMO..... Krystal is going to DIE. OMO.. Ok sorry, please continueee..." Jessica said, now sitting up from her bed, so excited that her paper mask had been displaced.

"Yes, so, yeah. He's been sending me morning texts, and good night texts.. and sometimes he teases me when I fall asleep before saying good night. Like, just this morning he said "Hmm, Uck 2 - Min Young 0" and I said "huh what does he mean?" And he said, "well you fell asleep without saying good night twice in a row.."" Min Young gushed.

"He's so fun to chat to. I just find him really interesting..and.. different?" Min Young grinned at her best friend, who was already rolling around on her bed excitedly. "OMG Min Young-ah, so, you like him???"

"Well, I guess right now it's a little too early to tell, but, I mean, I do have positive feelings about him, and I... I guess I look forward to learning more about him, and spending time with him on set?" Min Young bit her lip, smiling a little shyly now.

This was the first time she was coming close to admitting to having any feelings for Jae Uck. She knew she always had a little attraction towards him (that was normal, given this was a ro-co and all that), but she had always checked herself and controlled it, until he, well, until he made it very hard to do so. Since that "fake kiss" day, Jae Uck's actions towards her felt quite different from before. On top of all the texting,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter