Chapter 11: We're Doing Good Part I

That Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae Uck

M a n a g e m e n t  S O O P , N o n h y e o n - d o n g

Jae Uck mindlessly flipped through a magazine that was left on a coffee table outside CEO Kim Jangkyun's office. He was called into the office today to discuss the multiple CF / endorsement offers that had sprung up since 그녀의 사생활 started airing a month ago. Cosmetics, beer, telecomms, you name it, there was an offer on the table. It had been awhile since South Korea had seen a leading man as charismatic as Jae Uck and with as much acting chops, media had predicted that his already illustrious artist career was about to take a mainstream turn.

He didn't really know how to feel about that.

Stretching out his long legs with a long sigh, he peeked at his deafeningly silent phone. After last night, he decided to give Min Young some space. He knew girls could get moody from time to time, so, best to let it be, he thought. He shrug off the nagging feeling that her moodiness had something to do with him, though he could not figure out what on earth he had done to make the warm waters suddenly run cold.

Suddenly - Thwuck!

He felt a strong hand swipe his head and a deep chuckle. "Ya - so now you taking my spot as Hallyu King and you won't even turn your head around to greet me?"

Jae Uck whipped his head around and was met with a charming grin from SOOP's resident recluse Gong Ji Cheol (or as people know him, Gong Yoo). Jae Uck's serious face broke into a huge grin.

"Yaa.. hyung! Don't tease me. I am way behind you and your hordes of fans. How did you get in here unscathed? When I got here today there were three women hovering around the front with little placards saying "I love you Gong Yoo!" on it." Jae Uck stood up and gave Gong Yoo a bear hug. "It really has been awhile. Don't you get your manager to bring documents over to sign? I never thought I'd see you here - you hate going out so much these days!" 

"Ah well, since your rising popularity nobody here cares for this old horse anymore..am I right Jangkyun-ssi??" Gong Yoo called in the direction of the open door of the CEO's office as he lightheartedly teased CEO Kim. CEO Kim gestured a rude sign at Gong Yoo whilst he spoke politely on the phone to a client and got up to shut the door on the two actors with a subdued slam.

The two men laughed as they leaned back in the armchairs. "Nah, I decided to pop by since it has been awhile. Jangkyun told me you'd be here as well, so I thought why not. I know it's been awhile since we hung out. I sometimes wish I lived in Mi-Guk, where people don't always recognise me. You'll know how it feels...soon..." Gong Yoo gave Jae Uck a little wink as his manager passed him his cup of coffee and then dissappeared into yet another room with his stylist, no doubt discussing his next CF.

"So." Gong Yoo paused, a consipirational glint in his eye. "What's up?"

Jae Uck, who had settled back in with his magazine, looked up, slightly puzzled. "What? What's with that look?"

Gong Yoo wiggled his eyebrows at Jae Uck like an annoying ahjumma. "Oh Uck-ah, don't pretend. YOU know what I'm talking about.... I'm a fan too you know. I see you.. in your drama.." he nudged Jae Uck, and, in typical Gong Yoo actin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter