Chapter 5: Respect

That Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Young

C h e o n g d a m - d o n g

그녀의 사생활 GC

Eungisekki: Thanks for buying us drinks today hyung~~!

Bora: (smiley face) Ne...!

Eomma: Alright children! Jalja!!!

사자: Good job today everyone! 사자 over and out ^_^

Min Young squinted at the screen, willing another message notification to pop up, but none came. Frustrated, she dropped her phone on to her bedside table and it landed with a resounding thud, startling poor Leon who was just settling into his little bed next to hers.

She stared up at the ceiling, feeling rather unsettled, but quite confused as to why she was feeling that way. She picked up her phone again, and switched to Whatsapp. Kakao was useless in this, but with Whatsapp... 

사자  online

Min Young sat straight up in her bed, staring at that status. Oh, fine, be online. It's not a sin to be online right?

She clicked her phone off, shoved it under the pillow and let out a huge sigh. Leon jumped up onto her bed and nudged her hand for a cuddle.

"Leon-ah....aigoo... are you wondering why Mommy is acting so weird? Honestly, eomma do mullaaa....," she pouted as she squished Leon's face into a pie.

Ever since that day at Lotteria, the separate text messages saying goodnight had stopped. After giving her meal to her, they had spent the rest of the time eating in silence, listening to their managers jabber on about the industry trends and potential product placements to add into the drama.

Jae Uck seemed very preoccupied with his phone then, swiping up and down and switching between apps. She was sure he saw Lee El's text and smiled a little. It was so unfortunate that he sat opposite her so she could not see what he was doing on his ph...

"Omo Min Young. Stopstopstopstop." She shook herself and laughed. She must be mad to be so caught up over a silly text. Honestly, that was his private life right? She had no right to snoop into his phone or look at his texts. Heck, she had no right to even wonder what he was smiling about. 

Resolved, she got up and went over to her full length mirror. Staring at herself determinedly, she spoke to her mirror image. "Right, its natural. Of course you're slightly annoyed. You got used to that nightly text, even though you did not really fully respond save for a return goodnight greeting. There's no reason he needs to text you goodnight seperately. Yes, fine, on set he was super warm and caring, and staring at you with those googly eyes. His laughter seemed like it was reserved for your silly expressions and yours alone. You caught him staring at you from afar with a cute smile on his face, and when you bravely met his gaze, he never looked away. Instead he would smile more indulgently and give you a thumbs up.... HAJIMAN." she paused. "You need to remember this is a drama. You are acting. He is a.c.t.i.n.g. Nothing more." She nodded back at herself, determined, feeling slightly better. Leon was at her feet, head cocked to one side, staring at her quizzically. 

She flopped back to bed, closing her eyes, willing herself to sleep.

.

.

.

A few seconds later, her eyes shot open. "NO. I can't sleep like this." Startled, Leon hopped off the bed. Min Young grabbed her dressing gown and stormed out into her kitchen. For moments like this, only cooking therapy worked. Thankfully she had ordered two boxes of figs the other day. The team would have fig jam tomorrow.

 

Jae Uck

U n n a m e d  l o c a t i o n - R y a n  G o l d ' s  a p a r t m e n t

Ha Na was putting finishing touches on his make up as Jae Uck heard the unmistakable voice of Min Young coming onto set. 

"Hello yeorobun!! Look what I made for you all! Min Youngie's famous fig jam!!!!!" In her hands were two big paper bags stuffed with tiny bottles, each neatly tied with ribbon. She lifted them up as the team cheered. 

"Woa, Min Young-ssi - I never thought I'd be lucky enough to taste your jam. You gave this out at your fan meet right? I heard it was delicious and they wished they could have more! What's the occasion?" one of the crew members exclaimed as he eagerly reached out for a bottle.

Min Young happily gave him a bottle and put one more in his hand, for his daughter, whom she knew was a fan of hers. "Oh. Occasion? Well, uhm.. OH wasn't it Black Day sometime ago? This is for Black Day....." 

Jae Uck could not hear the rest of the conversation as more crew members crowded over her to get a bottle of their own.

He raised an eyebrow. Wasn't Black Day a day to celebrate singlehood? And, further, pardon his age - it has been some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter