Chapter 3: Do you know what it means to be a fan?

That Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Young

C h e o n g d a m - d o n g

Her automated door lock jingled familiarly as Min Young tapped in her password. As she opened the door, she heard the pitter patter of paws and almost immediately a huge ball of fur hurled itself at her. "Aigooo Leon-aaaa," Min Young giggled as she bent down to pick her puppy up. Super excitable, lovable Leon her face, welcoming her home after one long day on the set of Her Private Life.

She brought Leon into the kitchen, wanting to get herself a glass of water. Min Young smiled as she spotted the tupperware on the kitchen counter with a cute Shiba Post-It Note on it, saying "Eat me, silly child <3 Eomma".

Eagerly she opened the container to find her favourite kimbap as Leon scrambled away to find his throwtoy.

"Ah, after all, Eomma knows me best." It was not an easy decision, moving out from her family home, but when she bought her first home in 2013, Min Young knew she wanted to at least try to be independent (even if her family home was still 5 minutes drive away, this still counted!). In any case, Eomma and Oppa made it really easy for her, making sure her home had everything she needed during her long hours away at work. Glass of water in one hand, and container of kimbap in the other, she then went back into her living room and slumped on her couch.

Munching like the greedy pig she (not-so) secretly was, she swiped her phone, wanting to thank Eomma and let her know she was finally home. Go...ma..wo..yoo.. Eomma saranghaee.. Min Young continued munching as she sent the text, and flipped to her Instagram app to see what went on in the day.

*11,450 comments, 50,675 likes, 43 new message requests*

As her app refreshed (as it always annoyingly does when you open the app - you know how it is), a new post popped up, with a photo of a person she was very familiar with, having stared at him the whole day. "Ah gabjagia!" Min Young almost dropped her phone as a half Jae Uck appeared on the top of her Instafeed. What the..Jaeuck.Intl.Fans?!

"MWO?!" She almost choked on the remnants of her kimbap as her hands started to shake. God if any of her fans found out that she followed this account, crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap....

She quickly clicked on the account with trembling hands, hoping to unfollow before she created yet another scandal. "Damn it. Omo omo..HOW did I even....ahh ottokeee..eee.."  Min Young shrieked, to no one in particular.

Leon whined. Min Young froze and looked around. "Aigoo, Leon-aa, mian-eh, sorry I didn't mean to scare you...aww eomma must have scared you huh??" She cooed to Leon, temporarily forgetting about her disaster for a split second. She quickly turned back to her offensive phone.

"Omo omo. Wait." Min Young realised something and she laughed out loud. "Ah bapo-ya Min Youngie!" She breathed a sigh of relief. Ji Sung told her some weeks ago that verified accounts could hide accounts she was following and she flipped that setting on immediately once she knew to avoid dumb "Min Young" moments like this from happening again (as you can guess, this was not the first time she accidentally followed accounts - sometimes with dire consequences).

THANK. GOD.

Crisis averted, heart rate slowing, curiousity got the better of her as she started slowly scrolling down Jae Uck's fan page. 

"Mmmm...hagin.. he really is quite the handsome man....". Min Young grabbed another kimbap as she scrolled further down.

"Aww, look at him with that really ugly hat..."

"What's with the black eyeliner...."

She giggled as she played a silly GIF of Jae Uck laughing.

"Oh, he knows Bi?? Omo Omo. I'm a huge fan since Full House days..."

"Aigoo, kiyowo.. " Min Young scrunched her nose in delight, "who's that child actor he took a selfie with.."

Another silly GIF of Jae Uck dancing made her giggle more.

Leon dropped his throwtoy into her lap, begging her to throw it for him to catch. Min Young realised what she was doing and immediately stopped scrolling, shaking herself. "Omo omo, Minyoung-ah what are you doing. Have you gone mad? Are you some sasaeng? Jeez, get a hold of yourself. He's your colleague for goodness' sake. Stop ing oh my god..."

She blushed as her mind brought her back to what happened earlier today...

 

Jae Uck

S e o u l  O l y m p i c  M u s e u m  o f  A r t

Jae Uck cringed as he took a drag of his cigarette. Romantic comedies weren't as easy as he initially thought. He had no idea why his method acting was not really working for him this time. He was on 100% trying to embody Ryan Gold, but if he was honest, he felt that his acting was coming off really awkward.

He grimaced and felt himself go slightly pink as he remembered how he ever so awkwardly said "I can only see your teeth from this angle" to Min Young at the photoshoot when he was supposed to be looking sultry at her.

"I..can..only..see.. her TEETH?!!" Seriously what the heck was he thinking. He let out a little incredulous laugh, as that scene kept replaying on loop in his mind.

The memory of Min Young's laughter was enough to turn his ears a bright shade of red. 

How about that time where Min Young would not stop teasing him at the auction? Those poor foreigner extras had to sit through at least 10 takes of him saying "This artpiece was made in 1987, with beautiful proportions..." and legitimately, the WORST most cringeworthy line he ever had to say in his long history as an actor.. "갖고싶어요?" 

It really was not easy - ro-cos. He shook his head a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter