gastric reflux

word vomit
Please log in to read the full chapter

a/n: this was supposed to be an actual one shot at one point but i literally cant remember where it was supposed to go or how it was supposed to end so here it is in its incomplete glory 

 

                The term ‘best friends’ is beginning to sound lamer and lamer every time Youngjae hears it. It sounds almost as short-winded as finishing in second place, as frustrating as missing a bus just a moment too late.

                What really doesn’t help is that Daehyun is unfathomably popular. The amount of people he talks to and the many more that are itching to talk to him seems to overwhelm Youngjae more than it does him. But that’s not what bothers Youngjae, no, what really bothers him is that every time Daehyun introduces Youngjae to yet another one of his new peers, Youngjae hears it again:

                “This is Youngjae, my best friend!”

                The last time he heard it, Youngjae nearly vomited.

                It doesn’t take a genius to tell that Youngjae has the world’s ugliest crush on Daehyun. He’s pretty sure everyone knows, even people who don’t know them can see the hopeless look in Youngjae’s eyes whenever Daehyun is near. Contrarily, Daehyun, as luck would have it, is denser than ice on water. While Youngjae would love to take the step forward and become something a little more than just best friends with Daehyun, he fails and fails again to find the balls within him to confess.

                And like all ugly crushes, Youngjae becomes jealous just as easily as he chickens out of confessing. Unfortunately, Youngjae isn’t the only one crushing on the . He won’t admit it, but he’s constantly paranoid that someone cuter or funnier or just better than Youngjae might come in and sweep Daehyun from right under his nose. Sometimes Youngjae wishes he could keep Daehyun on a leash, or at least tattoo his name onto Daehyun’s forehead to let everyone know he’s off limits. But he can’t do that because Daehyun is just a little too good-looking for his own good and Youngjae doesn’t want to ruin his personal eye candy.

                (Also it’s ethically wrong, but that came as an afterthought.)

                So for as long as Youngjae can remember, he has existed as Daehyun’s best friend. Normally, he can pride himself in knowing that he probably knows Daehyun better than anyone else, but lately Youngjae is beginning to think he doesn’t know his best friend as much as he should.

                “Okay, hear me out.”

                “Okay. What?”

                Youngjae takes a deep breath. “I think Daehyun is hiding something from me.”

                Jongup rolls his eyes.

                “I’m serious this time,” Youngjae insists. “He skipped out on movie night and he never skips out on movie night.”

                “Maybe because he’s sick of watching Mama Mia?”

                Youngjae pauses. “I think you’re projecting.”

                “No, I think you are.” Jongup points at something in the distance. “Look, h

Please log in to read the full chapter