Chapter 2

A Queen for a Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo seriously considered getting on his knees and begging his husband to let him go back to the Mountain for Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s wedding ceremony. There was no way Jongin would deny him. He knew that now. But his husband wasn’t the king yet. And the King would never let him leave.

After their own wedding ceremony Kyungsoo thought that Jongin’s father would be disappointed to see his unmarked neck the following morning. In actuality the King seemed pleased. It got under the omega’s skin and made him stick a little closer to his husband.

He’d fully believed that Prince Jongin would exercise his right as is alpha the night of their wedding. Instead they stayed up through the night together. Jongin told him so many things, including that of his own mother. Everyone knows of the King of the Valley’s transgressions. Kyungsoo and his own brothers were of different carriers. But the King seemed to have spread his seed far and wide, hand-picking the ‘cream of the crop’ of his children to be political pawns. Jongin was apparently the only alpha among his father’s children. Baekhyun actually had more claim to the thrown being the child of the second queen.

“He’s kept Baekhyun around because he’s beautiful.” Jongin said. “He knew someone powerful was bound to get caught up in him.”

“That person being my brother.” Soo filled in. Jongin nodded.

“Junmyeon is one of the oldest. Our father talks about how similar he is to his own omega sister. And there’s also his marriage to Yixing. The people love them.”

“Do they love you?”

“They hope I will be better.”

 

So much time passed that Kyungsoo had forgotten what they were supposed to be doing. He looked towards their bed, a blush creeping up his neck. Jongin noticed and put him at ease immediately.

“I don’t intend to mark you so soon.”

“They will be expecting it.”

“We barely know each other. I don’t want to force anything.” Jongin said. “I would also like for you to have a way out. If something were to happen.”

He didn’t ask what that meant.

 

He got a letter back from Baekhyun the day after his and Chanyeol’s wedding. They ere arriving quickly because of the good weather, but there would be radio silence when the snow set in.

In his letter Baekhyun was adamant that there was nothing to report but the second page-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter