Chapter 1

A Queen for a Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo didn’t get nearly enough time with Baekhyun before Prince Jongin order move-out on the military part early the next morning. The long ride got on his nerves. The whole time he kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. The only thing that did happen actually put Kyungsoo at ease.

The palace was in their sights, though still a distance away. Jongin seemed to pause in thought before searching in his jacket for something. When he found the something he handed it quickly to Kyungsoo.

The omega noticed how Prince Jongin kept glancing as he opened to box. Inside was a black hand-stitched collar with gold embroidery and a matching gold ring with onyx stones. Not only was the gift gorgeous, but it also meant Prince Jongin was laying claim. The alpha was protecting him. Because everyone knew the things his father had done.

 

When they arrive at the palace they’re lavishly greeted by servants, Prince Jongin’s brother, his husband, and the King himself. Kyungsoo has already put the collar and ring on and deliberately waits for Prince Jongin to help him dismount instead of doing it himself. Junmyeon greeted him with a heavy but genuine smile. The King almost touched him. Jongin almost snapped at him for the slight. But the almost exchange was intentionally interrupted by Ambassador Minseok. 

He started explaining, full-speed, that there would be an official wedding ceremony in two days and he and Junmyeon would show him around, but when he broached the subject of Kyungsoo’s temporary guest quarters Prince Jongin snarled.

“He’ll stay with me.”

“This is quite irregular, your highness. If we could dissuade you-”

“He will stay with me.”

~

Baekhyun kept getting lost in thought. He found himself staring off into space so many times that he didn’t blame the young prince for casting side-long glances at him. He’d been in the thrown room all day with King Chanyeol’s brother at his side, greeting wedding guests. The King insisted on his using the left-hand thrown even though he wouldn’t be crowned until after they were mated. And the job he had been given was much less daunting than he thought it would be.

In the Palace of the Valley officials and lower royals came in droves to events like this. Here he was mostly meeting Dukes and military officers; people who worked for the kingdom. And they were all extremely kind to Baekhyun. Of course, none of them could give their wedding gifts without the King present unless it was from another omega.

The day was winding down now and Baekhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter