Ceasefire?

Monkey Business
"I don't know what couple argument you two had but you must keep it out of school life," Mr Gao lectured Emily and Jiro who sat in front of him in his office.

"We're not a couple!" Emily quickly interrupted with a pale pink blush, "Why does everyone think that?!"
Jiro snorted, "Who wants to be a couple with her?" he sneered, before looking to Emily, "Unfortunately for you but I'm already taken," he commented cockily.
"Unfortunately for me? Well sorry to burst your bubble but I'm not attracted to monkeys," she retorted, staring back at him with fire in her eyes. 
"It doesn't matter what you're attracted to because no one in their right mind would want to date a king kong like you!" Jiro shot back. 

"This married couple act is getting old, okay?!" Mr Gao yelled, trying to get their attention, "And everyone who watches idol dramas knows that the best couples always start out like you!"
Scoffing, Jiro placed his hand down on the table in front of them, displaying his engagement ring, "Well then we are one couple that won't get together," 

Emily's eyes widened in surprised but she quickly masked her surprise with a rude comment, "Who'd want to marry a highschooler with no qualifications? Are you sure that ring isn't from your mother to make you feel better on Valentine's day?" 
Jiro opened his mouth to reply before Mr Gao's voice silenced them both.

"Be quiet!" he exclaimed, "I've been listening to the two of you bickering like children for over 15 minutes! I didn't call you to my office to listen to your petty arguments."
Sighing, Emily shifted her gaze from Jiro to the principal, "I apologise, Mr Gao," she said and Jiro nodded in agreement.

"Finally there's silence between you," Mr Gao sighed in relief, "Now, I want both of you to be mature since you are adults. Despite your internal conflicts, you should act professionally at school: as teacher and student. I don't care about what type of relationship you have outside of school but you must get along - or pretend atleast - in order for there to be peace in school," he explained before turning to Emily, "Miss Cai, you are one of the best teachers so I'd hate to dismiss you," he then then looked at Jiro, "And Jiro, you know how important it is to get that diploma so I'd hate to expel you too - so both of you, please, just tolerate each other for the next few months."

Jiro leaned back in his chair, "I was doing that already before she pulled her banana tricks," he muttered under his breath.
"Enough!" Mr Gao exclaimed, "Do you understand what I have said?" he questioned, irritated.
"I understand," the two chorused in sync with each other.

"Before I dismiss you from my office, I have one more thing to say Miss Cai," Mr Gao informed, now focusing on just Emily.
"What is it, Mr Gao?" she asked.
"This may be a bit rude of me to mention, but please could you change into cleaner clothes," he asked before adding, "School should be a professional environment so teachers should dress cleanly and smartly."

Jiro looked at Emily and noticed the half faded mud stains on her shirt that had not washed out that morning. Now that he noticed it, Jiro didn't realise that he had sprayed her in that much mud. Her white shirt was now highlighted in brown and appeared to be slightly damp. He continued to stare at her whilst she apologised to the principal and told him that she had no spare clothes at school and had had no time to change again in the morning as she was already late. After that, Mr Gao allowed Jiro to leave and return to class whereas he continued to talk to Emily, perhaps about another topic.

Instead of returning to class, Jiro leaned against the wall outside Mr Gao's office with his hand tightened around the strap of his bag. He remained in that position for a few minutes until the door opened and Emily walked out.

"King Kong Jie Jie," he called her in a calm indoor voice, grabbing her attention.
Emily turned around to see Jiro waiting there, "Jiro? Why are you just standing there when you have lessons to attend?" she questioned with her hands on her hip, "And don't call me King Kong Jie Jie!" she snapped.

Jiro got off the wall and opened his bag. He rummaged through it and brought out his own white shirt that he had worn that morning while leaving the house to deceive Cyndi. He then held it out to her, "Take it since you don't have a spare change of clothes," he said and Emily's face fell into an expresionless one. 
"Why are you giving it to me?" she inquired slowly and almost suspiciously, now in the same calm tone as him.
"It's my fault your shirt got ruined," Jiro replied, "It's the least I could do," he added.

Emily felt a small smile creep onto her lips at his kind gesture. She took his shirt into her own hands and covered her smile with a small frown, "This won't blow up in my face right?" she asked and Jiro smirked.
"You'll never know until you put it on," he responded before turning around to leave, "Anyway, I'll see you later, Miss Cai!" he said before disappearing down the hallway on his way to his next class. 

Emily blinked in surprise. Her grip around his shirt tightened as she watched him leave. "Maybe... just maybe he is slightly better than I thought," she whispered to herself, "But he's still an annoying and stupid golden monkey," she added quickly.  

...

Jiro was heading over to his locker with Brent sharing an idle conversation. The two weren't friends at that moment as their  did set some ice between them but despite that, Brent had just approached him for some friendly talk and gave him some textbooks which Jiro was just about to put in his locker.

"Is Guava High better now than when you were here first?" he asked as he leaned against a locker whilst Jiro opened his.
Jiro shrugged, "I guess it depends on the person," he replied, "I prefer how it was back then because I had all my friends with me," he admitted, opening the door, expecting it to be empty and dusty. When he opened it however, it was sparkling clean and smelt of fresh lemons and limes. 

'So King Kong Jie Jie actually cleaned my locker?' he scoffed to himself as he began stacking the textbooks inside.
"Where did all the bananas go?" Brent inquired, "I'm sure I put them back inside."
Jiro paused. He then turned to Brent, "You're the one who put the bananas back into my locker after they fell the first time?" he asked, surprised and Brent nodded.
"I thought I'd help you out," he replied before Jiro chuckled, closing the door to his locker. "What?" Brent asked, "What's so funny?"

Jiro smiled and put a hand on his shoulder as he remembered the hilarious scene where the bananas fell on Emily, "Nothing. You did good, bro," he said before walking away. 

As the two walked away, Emily emerged from behind a pole, a few feet away. She was wearing rubber gloves and clutching a sponge in one hand and a lemon and lime scented antibacterial spray in the other. "Such an ungrateful monkey," she spat in a low voice, "And he has the nerve to praise Brent for what he accidentally caused." She looked down at his shirt that she was wearing before glaring at the back of his figure, "Stupid two-faced monkey."