More Bananas

Monkey Business

Jiro chuckled to himself as he walked down the hallway. Was that an actual conversation he'd had with Kong Kong Jie Jie without arguing?

"She's still annoying though," he mumbled as he headed over to his new locker, "She has no choice but to act professional in school," he added, realising that it wasn't a reason for him to act the same way. He smirked - maybe getting through high school would be easier if he tormented her a bit. Quickly, he eradicated that thought for his chance to mess around in school was gone and now he had to focus on passing this grade in order to support Cyndi and his future child. He had to behave and study hard even if he didn't want to - he had to, and that meant putting up with King Kong Jie Jie and being a good student.

Jiro sighed as he opened the door of his locker that was at about eye level with him. The moment he had opened it, a sea of bananas poured onto his face, overwhelming him and knocking him to the floor. His face darkened as he felt the yellow fruits raining down on him, probably leaving the same amount of bruises on him as they gained from the impact. Once the storm of bananas had passed, Jiro glared at no one in particular - "King Kong Jie Jie," was the name that left his tongue in a quiet but pissed off whisper.

He would have considered being a good student and making her life as his teacher easier but any considerations he had went out of the window. It was definitely her who had stored her share of bananas in his locker and he knew it for sure - she was probably getting her revenge on him. As a result, there was no way that Jiro was just going to accept her immaturity especially after she expected him to be mature in the classroom.

Brent had been walking down the same corridor until he saw Jiro on the floor surrounded by an ocean of bananas. Surprise lit up his face and he looked down at his new classmate, "Jiro, are you okay? Where did all these bananas come from?" he asked but Jiro ignored him and got up.
"King Kong Jie Jie!" he barked angrily, storming past his classmate towards the classroom to find Emily.

Brent turned to watch him as he stormed down the corridor. "King Kong Jie Jie?" he repeated with furrowed brows, "Is his Insanehallucinitis acting up again? What an odd guy," he muttered before turning back to the bananas with a sigh. "I can't leave a sick person to clean this all up by themselves can I?" he asked himself before shaking his head, "The warm hearted goodness in me says I must help this poor fellow," he announced before crouching down to collect the bananas.

...

Emily was in the teacher's lounge with her teacher friends Nylon, Wang Zi and Lorene. The four were just enjoying a small conversation while drinking hot coffee until a loud "KING KONG JIE JIEEEEEE!" blared past them and down the hallway. Instantly, Emily choked on her coffee and vein began popping on her forehead.

Lorene, the youngest teacher there, looked at the others, "What was that?" she asked and Wang Zi shrugged.
"Probably one of the students causing trouble as usual," he said as Emily put her mug down on the table in a fit of coughs.
Nylon smiled at pat her back, "Are you okay, Emily?" he asked but then sweat dropped when he saw a murderous glare form on her face.
She smiled at her friends through gritted teeth before standing up, "Give me a second, I'll be right back," she told them before leaving the room.

She thought she had finally gotten some peace after all the unfortunate happenings that had occurred that morning, she thought she had made herself clear to Jiro about her rules, she thought she would be able to have a break! But no, that stupid monkey had to ignore everything she said and cause trouble as soon as she took her eyes off him.

She grumbled as she chased his loud voice down the hallway until he saw his tall figure in the distance with a small crowd of people around him. She saw that Wes, Wayne and Sylvia were with him and Wes seemed to be restraining him.

"Jiro Wang!" she screamed as she approached them.
Quickly, Wayne turned to her with a pleading face. "Miss Cai! I think his Insanehallucinitis is acting up again - he's going mad!" he exclaimed in a hushed whisper.
"He keeps calling out for a King Kong Jie Jie!" Sylvia added, slightly panicked.

Jiro turned to Emily with a cold glare, "King Kong Jie Jie!" he spat angrily, causing his classmates to stare at the two in confusion.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Emily barked as he pulled free from Wes' grasp and approached her. "I thought we agreed on my rules!"
"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" he responded, "I don't appreciate you stuffing your bananas in my locker okay? I could've gotten a serious concussion from all the bananas that fell on my head!" he exclaimed.

Upon hearing what happened, she sweat dropped as she recalled the moment she had entered the school building.



Emily groaned as she trudged around school carrying two large crates of bananas. She had already left several crates in her car and 3 in the teacher's lounge but she really didn't know what to do with these two - she couldn't think of anywhere to put them. She sighed as she looked at the large clock that hung on the wall, waddling past, "I'm so late," she muttered, "I need to find a home for you bananas quickly."

As she arrived at a row of lockers lining the hallway, a glint flashed in her eyes as she came up with an idea. Without hesitation, she hurried over to the lockers and put down the crates. She noticed that the door of one locker was slightly ajar and was completely empty inside apart from a blanket of dust. She then opened the locker, not knowing whose it was, but nonetheless  began shoving the yellow things inside.

"I'll come back for you later to find you a proper home, okay?" she said to the bananas as she closed the door of the locker. With a satisfied smile, she picked up the empty crates and walked off.



It was then when Emily noticed the large red bump on Jiro's head and she stifled a giggle at the hilarity of his story. It was as if all her anger - okay most of her anger - had disappeared. It was just a coincidence that she had put all the bananas in his locker: she really didn't intend any harm.

She looked at him with a softer gaze, "Can we talk about this somewhere else?" she asked, glancing at the students that stared at them in bewilderment.
"I don't want to talk with you," Jiro replied, "I want you to take your bananas back."

"What's this about bananas?" Wayne asked Wes.
"I have no idea," he replied, "But it seems that Miss Cai and Jiro are friends of some sort."
"We are not friends!" Both Jiro and Emily exclaimed simultaneously.
Sylvia giggled, "You look like it, Miss Cai! I've never seen you act so childish before," she admitted in amusement.

"She's the most childish person here," Jiro confirmed before Emily scowled.
"Says the one screaming 'King Kong Jie Jie' down the hallway!" she retorted, now glaring up at him.
"You're the one who nearly murdered me because of a little mud!" Jiro shot back.

"Jiro seems pretty normal to me," Wes said to his friends as they watched the two adults bicker.
"So he doesn't have Insanehallucinitis?" Wayne asked.
"Who has Insanehallucinitis? What even is that?" Jiro cut in.
"So you don't have a pet sock that died?" Sylvia asked as he had essentially confirmed that he didn't have the disease.
Jiro stared at them as though they were off their rocker, "Why would I have a pet sock? Do I look like a 3 year old?!"

Sylvia sighed, "Miss Cai, you really are more childish than I thought, I'm disappointed," she admitted shaking her head.

Jiro stared at Sylvia in confusion and then turned to Emily to question her. He opened his mouth but then paused before sighing, "Forget it, I don't want to know," he said before grabbing her wrist, "Now come and clean up your bananas!"

Sylvia and her other classmates had their eyes wide open as they watched Jiro drag their teacher down the hallway.

"Jiro, let go of me!" Emily hissed as she reluctantly followed behind him, "We're in school and I'm your teacher!"
"I don't care who you are," Jiro replied, dropping her wrist as they arrived at his locker. He stared, puzzled, at the tidy area. "Where did the bananas go?" he muttered.

"Were you trying to waste my time?" Emily questioned, "There clearly aren't any bananas here!"
"But that doesn't erase the fact that you put them in my locker," Jiro replied as he folded his arms and looked at her sternly.
"I didn't know it was your locker!" Emily huffed, folding her arms too, "Look, I'm sorry okay? I needed a place to temporarily store them - I was going to move them later but how was I supposed to know it was your locker?" she confessed, exasperated, "I'll make it up to you okay?"

Jiro's ears twitched at her offer to make it up to him, "When did you become so kind, King Kong Jie Jie?" he asked before leaning towards her and touching her forehead with the back of his hand, "You don't have a fever do you?" he inquired before Emily jerked away.
"I don't appreciate you suddenly touching me," she said, "And I'm only apologising because I'm in a better mood, stupid golden monkey."
"What, you weren't in a good mood after you nearly killed me this morning?" Jiro sneered in disbelief.
"Can you stop bringing that up? If you keep testing my patience then I won't be in a good mood!" she exclaimed, glowering at him.

A small laugh escaped Jiro's lips, "Then clean my locker," he said, "Now," he continued.
Emily shot him a look, "Now? But I don't have any cleaning materials and you can't humiliate me in front of my students like this," she argued.
Shrugging, Jiro smiled at her, "So?"
Emily released a groan and decided it was best to get this over an done with.

She went over to his locker and opened the door. As soon as she did, bananas rained down on her and Jiro who stood at the side, couldn't help but be just as surprised as she was. But unlike her fuming face, he burst out laughing at his sudden luck and her misfortune.

Emily glared at Jiro, thinking that he had planned this. "JIRO WANG!" she yelled at him, angrily and gaining the attention of everyone who walked by.