A Date

Monkey Business
Cyndi stretched her arms out in excitement as she and Jiro entered the zoo which was her favourite place. 

"I haven't been in here in ages!" she gushed before linking her arm around Jiro's. 
Jiro smiled, "Remember the first time we came here?" he asked and Cyndi smiled, nodding.
"It was 12 years ago and you asked me out to the zoo," she recalled, "Miss Melody was helping you out because you were absolutely clueless about everything so she watched us, dressed in a bear costume." She laughed before looking up at Jiro, "We haven't seen Melody Jie for 10 years, Jiro, shouldn't we call her one day and go out for coffee?" 
Jiro ruffled her hair with a small smile, "It'd be awkward to suddenly call her, besides we weren't on really good terms the last time we saw each other," he replied.
"Jiro," Cyndi began shaking her head slowly, "Melody Jie is the one who helped us get together, we should be grateful-"
"Let's just have some fun," Jiro interrupted, pulling his girlfriend over to the lion enclosure. 

Cyndi sighed again, knowing he still felt bad for snapping at his favourite teacher 10 years ago and that it was stopping him from contacting her again. 

When the two saw the cute little lion cubs running around in their enclosure, their conversation regarding Melody had been forgotten. Now they had smiles on their faces. They watched the lioness rest whilst her cubs played and chased each other whilst their father stood on all fours and followed them.

"What do you think the lion is doing?" Jiro wondered.
"Maybe he's playing with his children," Cyndi guessed before looking up at Jiro, "Like how you will play with our baby right?"
Grinning, Jiro brought Cyndi closer to him in a warm embrace, "Of course," he said, "I'll be his or her best friend - their first playmate."
His lover looked down at her still small belly and held a hand over it, "And what if it's twins or triplets?" she inquired before shifting her gaze to the lion cubs which were now jumping on each other.
"Even better," was Jiro's response, "They'll have each other so will never be alone," he continued with a growing smile, "And I'll have more little angels."

Cyndi smiled before feeling a buzz from her phone in her pocket. Instantly, her smile faltered, "Jiro, give me a minute. I'll be back," she said which made Jiro cast her cast a curious glance.
"What's wrong?" he asked.
"I have a phone call to take," she said and Jiro nodded.
"I'll be here then," he said and Cyndi nodded before walking off.

"Jiro?" 

Jiro turned around to see Wes, Wayne and Sylvia together. "What are you guys doing here?" he asked, surprised.
"We're here on a fun day out," Sylvia explained excitedly as she waved her flag with a cute cartoon animal printed on it.
"What about you?" Wes asked, holding a big stuffed bear.
"Same as you," he answered.
"Alone?" Wayne asked and Jiro shook his head.
"Course not," he chuckled, "I'm here with my fiancée," he told them, causing them to gasp.

"You have a fiancée?!" Sylvia exclaimed in shock.
"Is it that hard to believe?" Jiro asked them, "I am an adult of marrying age you know," he reminded them.
"Congratulations to you then," Wes said with a smile. 
"We'll leave you in peace then too," Wayne added before dragging his friends away, "It was nice seeing you here! Bye!"

Jiro nodded and waved at them before Cyndi returned.
"Who were they?" she inquired, causing Jiro to pause.
"Uh... interns at the company," he lied looking away from her.
"They look pretty young," Cyndi pointed out before handing him a stick of candy floss, instantly making stars sparkle in his eyes. Cyndi giggled, "Your love for candy floss is still the same," she said and Jiro nodded as he dove right into the cloud of pink fluffiness.
"I only love candy floss because you love it," he replied with a grin and candy floss all over his face.
Rolling her eyes, Cyndi brought out a napkin with a smile. "You're still a big baby," she then said, leaning into him to wipe his face, "I won't have time to look after a big baby like you with this little one," she added, touching her stomach. 
Jiro slipped his hand into her hand which was wiping his face and he used his other hand to pull her closer. He gave her a quick but soft kiss on her lips before showing her a cute and innocent smile, "But I'll always be your Number 1," he whispered before kissing her again, transferring the bits of candy floss that was on his face onto hers.

Spying on them from the other side of the enclosure was a squealing Sylvia, a curious Wayne and an uninterested Wes with his arms folded. "Why are we spying on them?" he inquired, looking at his two friends who watched eagerly.
"They're so cute!" Sylvia gushed dreamily.
"Jiro is our elder, we shouldn't be invading his privacy like this," scolded Wes firmly but his friends ignored him.
"I can learn alot from him," Wayne muttered to himself.
"Learn what?" Wes questioned, "How to fall asleep in class and fail school?" When he realised that his words were going unheard, he sighed as he shook his slowly. 

...

"What are you doing, Emily?" Emily questioned herself as she stared at Jiro's shirt and the drinks can that remained untouched on top of her drawer. Her pet lizard, Prince, was still on her arm whilst she just stood there. "You have to give his shirt back," she told herself, "But when? It'd be too embarassing during class." She shook her head and lifted the folded shirt up and slipped it into a gift bag. "Find time," she instructed herself, "There's nothing weird about returning a borrowed item so don't make it weird!" she ended up shouting loudly and throwing her arms into the air.

Unexpectedly, Prince went flying through the air as a result and knocked over a stack of marked pop quizzes on Emily's desk. The loud clutter made her gasp and instantly she ran over to her beloved lizard. "Prince!" she exclaimed, picking up her pet and cradling it like a baby, "Mama's so sorry! Are you okay?!" she asked, gently rubbing its head as though it was a baby. Prince, however, wriggled free from her grasp and scurried over to its tank and climbing inside.  Emily breathed a sigh of relief, knowing her lizard was okay, before bending down to pick up the fallen sheets of paper. 

The first sheet she picked up had Jiro's name on it and she sighed when she saw his score: just below half. She shook her head slowly and just stared at his work, "He needs a lot of work," she muttered, "I better start organising some tutoring materials for him," she continued before quickly shuffling the other papers into an untidy pile. Generally Emily was a neat and tidy person but she felt that at that moment, the right thing to do was to figure out a way to help Jiro which was her top priority. She wanted all her students to pass and get their diplomas and whether it was for the wrong reason or not, Jiro was one of them. 

...

"I feel like we haven't gone out together like this in a long time," Cyndi commented as she sat with Jiro in a restaurant eating dinner.
Jiro nodded, "I'll make more time for you, I promise," he told her with a smile and reaching out for her hand over the table.
Smiling, Cyndi entwined her fingers between his, "I'm sure you will," she replied, "But please don't put me above your work. If you do end up being busy a lot of the time, I understand," she explained and Jiro shook his head.
"In my heart, you are the most important person to me in the world," Jiro said, "I'd rather lose my job than lose you," he admitted.
"You won't lose me anytime soon," she reassured him before leaning over and ruffling his hair. 

"Hey!" Jiro pouted, "That took me forever to style," he exclaimed as he began touching his hair in attempt to fix it.
"I've seen your bed hair, your overgrown hair and your bad haircuts," Cyndi giggled, "Messing your hair up slightly is nothing."
"But my future wife needs to see how handsome her future husband can be," Jiro replied as he now held up a pocket mirror and tried to fix his brown hair. 
"But your future wife already knows her future husband is super handsome," she reminded him, "Even if he does look like a golden chicken with the fading blonde hair dye," she added mischievously.

Jiro's lips parted in shock as he ran a hand through his locks slowly, "A golden chicken?" he repeated before a smile of amusement floated onto his face. He too then released a chuckle, "That's a new one," he said, "But I prefer being a golden monkey - it sounds better than being a chicken," he admitted.
Cydni rolled her eyes at her weird partner, "If you're a golden monkey then what would I be?" she inquired curiously.
"A beautiful angel," Jiro responded confidently and instantly, with his eyes still on his mirror.

"Hey are you calling yourself a beautiful angel or me?" Cyndi asked, laughing, "I've never seen an angel looking like a chicken before."
Jiro scoffed and put down his mirror, "Of course not," he replied, "You're obviously the angel. I would show you your own reflection but your radiant light is already blinding me."
Cyndi hit his shoulder lightly, "That was terrible, Jiro," she snickered before Jiro shrugged.
"But it still made you smile," he pointed out, "And that is my purpose in life."

Smiling, Cyndi took both of his hands into her own, "I love you, Jiro. I'm so lucky to have you," she said.
Returning her warm smile, Jiro replied, "I'm lucky to have you, Cyndi, I don't think I'd be where I am today without your love and support."
"We'll go further than this, Jiro," she replied, "Further than our relationship now so that I'll always be by your side."
"Definitely," Jiro nodded.