Episode 2

Short Stories: Would you Like Latte?

Would you like Latte ep. 2

 

A girl, age 17. Tall, fair, slender built, wide eyed, perfect chiselled nose, thin lips. That's what described Juyeon at her prime of her youth.

 

Juyeon is the only child in a family of three. Her dad, a deputy mayor for Seongnam, and her mom, a property agent. Due to her father's job, Juyeon and family constantly shift around Korea, and that made her socially awkward due to her constany change of environment and circle of friends.

 

However, Juyeon is quite well known for her work in Youtube. She is a content creator for Latte with Yeonnie, an ASMR channel where she roleplayed as different characters and give viewers an outlet to calm themselves or for those with sleeping disorders.

 

Her channel is quite well received too. They are a number of famous ASmRtists in Korea, as they are usually called, and Juyeon, who goes by the name of Yeonnie, has enough subscribers to earn her small income through her videos. 

 

For today, Juyeon will be acting as a witch character in a storybook and tell stories in a whispering a calm manner to her potential viewers.

 

For her role, Juyeon has to do dress ups every now and then according to her theme of her video. She usually puts on dresses where her parents had bought, sometimes even customizing it. It has been her hobby to do costume customization, as it was her ultimate dream to become a fashion designer.

 

Juyeon puts on her goth makeup, being a witch and at the same time, warmed up her voice but swallowing a small drop of olive oil, so that her voice would not sound rough during her broadcast.

 

Juyeon had a dedicated sound booth built for ASMR broadcasts. Well insulated into minus three decibels, which means the olace is soundproofed and there would be no echos in the booth. Juyeon set up her microphone for her talks.

 

Finally she started her recording. "Latte With Yeonnie...." Juyeon said as she put on her best ic soft voice ever.

 

"Hi.... I am Yeonnie. I have been reading a boom on old tales from the West. This is the book as shown.." Juyeon said as she taps the book randomly with her fingernails.....

 

A tap of the fingernails sounds tingy but calming to listeners who might feel relaxed with a tinged sound.

 

Her recording goes on for an hour before Juyeon ended the recording with a simple farewell to her perspective viewers. The process isnt done yet; she needs to add sound layering using different materials to enhanced the sound more. That can wait, as Yeonnie held her tummy as she felt hungry

 

After Juyeon ends, she washed off her makeup and put on her jumpers. She prepared dinner as usual for her mom and herself. Dad is rarely home as he had to travel up to Seoul sometimes for debates in the Blue House, part of his job.

 

Juyeon cooked up a simple fried rice dish for herself. She then grabs a language boon and read it while eating. Juyeon is currently home schooled due to her constant moving around Korea. She was recently in Seongnam for about a year before she had to move again.

 

Omma arrives home soon. "Juyeon, I have some news for you.."

 

Juyeon looked up from her reading as she look towards her mother. "Yes Omma, what seems to be the news?"

 

"I met the Principal for Seocho High. You will be reporting there tomorrow. I bought you your uniforms. So easy.. You have been so tall and thin since Grade 9." Mom said as she pats Juyeon's head.

 

"Sigh, my sixth school in ten years. When will I move again?" Juyeon sighed to herself as she continued her meal.

 

Continued to Ep.3