Episode 1

Short Stories: Would you Like Latte?

Would you like Latte ep. 1

"ARGHHH... YOU ARE SUCH A USELESS WIFE. YOU SINCE WE GOT MARRIED. YOU ARE JUST NOTHING BUT A LOSER...." A man's voice echoed in the living room.

"SO WHY DID YOU EVEN MARRY ME? WHY YOU WERE SO CRAZY THEN ABOUT ME...." A woman then replied the shouting in the same house.

That's the typical life of Im Sejun, who is currently a senior in high school. He is not exactly a nerd or unpopular, but he grew up in deep sadness. Being the only child in the family doesn't help either. He has no one to talk to at home.

When he was eight, his dad died in a plane crash whilst returning home from Los Angeles from a business trip. Sejun remembered his dad's last words before boarding that ill-fated flight.

"Sejun ah.... Appa misses you. Will bring you back the presents soon. Love you."

Appa didnt return with the presents, which perished with him into the Pacific Ocean.

The passing of his father didnt help in the family finances, as he was the sole breadwinner. Since Omma was jobless at that time, she had to do part time jobs, sometimes three in the day to support Sejun's education at that time.

Omma then met a man when he was 13. The man was recommended by Omma's friends. At first, the uncle was very friendly and he was deeply in love with Omma. But after the reunion with Omma, Uncle totally turned into a different person. He thought the man would turn their lives upwards. But it went into a downward spiral.

The man was retrenched from his jobs. He tired to find a new job, however was rejected umpteen times. He turned into alcohol for solace, that eventually turned him into a monster at present.

Their constant fights led to Sejun's outburst and constant anxiety attacks. There was one day Uncle wanted to slam a foldable chair into Omma, but Sejun took the blow to protect his mother. Sejun then became enraged, with his head soaked with blood, he went on full range and jumped onto Uncle, giving him multiple rain of fists and feet onto his head that gave Uncle his nightmare until now, that he won't dare land his hands onto Sejun.

However, Sejum got used to the fights now. He turned into his new hobby: watching ASMR videos. Autonomous sensory meridian response. One of the technologies which enhanced sounds, particularly in animated movies to attract attention of viewers.

Its the trend of the 2010s, with many Youtube personalities coming forward as ASMRtists, who usually provide content to viewers who have difficulties calming themselves down, or trouble sleeping at night.

Sejun particularly likes Yeonnie, an ASMRtist who  hosted a Youtube show:Latte with Yeonnie. The young woman, probably the same age as Sejun, would often upload her videos twice a week at midnight. Sejun would set an alert on Yeonnie's channel, so he wouldnt missed new videos from her.

Yeonnie has a very calming and soothing voice, and probably a professional at overlapping sounds to enhance sound experience on her videos. It helps that Yeonnie is quite a good looking girl too, with big round eyes, full lips, perfect nose, high cheeks and fair skin.... something that most Korean girls dream of.

Sejun dreamt to meet her one day; he had been a fan of her for the last two years. Sejun had once left a comment on one of her videos, in which Yeonnie replied, and created a ripple in Sejun's heart.

While Sejunwas watching one of her latest videos, suddenly the door to his room opened...

"Sejun-ah, when are you turning in? Its already 2am"

Sejun turned off the monitor before turning his head towards his door behind.....

Continue to Ep. 2