I will always be there for you.

I will always be there for you

“Ah. It’s him! He is walking towards me~” Hae Jin thought as she walked with her head hanging low.

Woo hyun noticed the change of behavior in her and looked around to see what was wrong. He saw Lee Hong Ki, the kingka of the school. He had a notorious reputation of a player and had a total badboy image. Woo Hyun rolled his eyes at the girls who were surrounding him like flies. His gaze landed on his best friend who was blushing madly at the sight of her crush. Sometimes, he couldn’t help but wonder what did Hae Jin like about him.

“If only you feel the same way to me, like you do to him…” Woo Hyun sighed as he thought to himself.

“Oh. It is that girl who likes me.” Hong Ki thought to himself as he saw Hae Jin with her reddened cheeks, looking down. Hae Jin’s reaction whenever she saw him gave herself away. It was pretty obvious that she liked him. He decided to play around with her for a bit.

“Hey pretty!” He said to Hae Jin as he stopped before her.

Hae Jin halted and looked up in shock.

“Did…did….Lee Hong Ki just….just…talk to me?!” Hae Jin thought to herself as she swallowed her saliva.

“He-he...llo.” Hae Jin stammered a little before him.

He laughed at her and recomposed himself. Woo Hyun was surprised at the unexpected encounter but he just stood there and watched on.

“Will you give me your number?” He said as he passed Hae Jin his cell phone.

“My…my number?!” Hae Jin exclaimed as he looked at him in surprise.

He nodded his head and gave her a killer smile which made Hae Jin’s heart race.

Typing in her numbers with her trembling fingers on the touch screen, she was finally done. She held out his phone with a shy smile. He took the phone back, touching her hand slightly and smirked.

“See you around! I will contact you~” He said before leaving.

The girls that were following behind Hong Ki pouted and sent Hae Jin a deathly glare. However, the girl was too happy to even realize. Once Hong Ki left, Hae Jin grabbed onto Woo Hyun’s arm with overwhelming excitement.

“Woo hyun! Did you see that?! He… he… asked for my… number! Ah~ I am going to die from overflowing happiness!!” Hae Jin exclaimed as she jumped.

Woo Hyun plastered a smile across his face as he congratulated his delighted friend. He felt a severe pain in his heart when he saw her being so happy. The two continued their way back to class as Hae Jin was still in her hyper-active mode. She was so happy that she did not notice her best friend’s change of mood.

“R…I…N…G…~” The bell went off and it was break time. The students hopped out of the classroom with their friends to the cafeteria. Hae Jin was walking beside Woo hyun when she received a message.

“Hey Pretty, Hong Ki here. Do you mind if you buy me two sets of set lunch A and send it to my classroom 3-B? I know you are a nice person and will definitely do me this favour. Love you^^” Hae Jin read the received message. Hae Jin smiled at the sight of his message, particularly the last part of the message.

“Woo Hyun, mianhae. I have something to attend to. How about you go and eat ahead without me? I will eat somewhere else!” Hae Jin said to him before rushing off to the cafeteria first.

“Hae Jin-ah! I will wai-t…” Woo Hyun didn’t manage to finish his sentence. Hae Jin had ran off without him.

“Whose message did you receive that made you so nervous?” he thought as he continued walking.

After buying two take away sets, Hae Jin made her way up to his class. She felt nervous and scared as it was the first time she visited the senior class. On top of that, she was going to see her long time crush. She felt her heart beat faster with each passing second. Holding onto the take away with her sweaty palms, she pushed open the door.

There were no one else inside apart from Hong Ki, a few of his friends and a senior girl.  She bowed and entered timidly. Walking up to him, she held out the food with her head down. She felt shy and embarrassed before him.

“He is going to ask me to eat with him on the first meeting? I am so nervous!” Hae Jin thought to herself.

“Oh, thank you! You are really fast. I will pay you back.” Hong Ki said as he took out his wallet.

“It…It’s okay…” Hae Jin stuttered as she placed the food down on the table and smiled.

“Since you said that, I will gladly accept. Thank you, my dear.” He said with a charming smile before keeping his wallet.

Hae Jin felt her heart skip a beat at the sight of his smile. She blushed madly as she looked down again. She waited for him to ask her to sit down and eat with her but he didn’t.

“Umm, actually…you can take your leave already?” Hong Ki opened the food and looked at Hae Jin, confused.

Hae Jin nodded her head as she felt her heart sink. Leaving the room, she felt utterly embarrassed and disappointed. Peeping through the window, she saw him offer the senior girl the other packet of food she bought.

“And I thought that was for me…” she said and sulked.

Clutching onto her rumbling stomach, she walked back to her class dejected. There was no more time for her to even grab a bite. She frowned as she entered the class. Sitting down, she gave Woo Hyun a weak smile.

“I…” Hae Jin started but was interrupted by Woo hyun.

He handed Hae Jin her favourite sandwich.

“I guess that you went to Hong Ki. I was scared that you will be hungry so I…” Woo Hyun said.

“Thank you! I love you, Woo Hyun!” Hae Jin beamed as she grabbed the sandwich and devoured it.

Woo hyun felt his heart beat faster when he heard her say that she loved him. Although he knew that she probably didn’t mean it the way he hoped, he was still happy. Rubbing her stomach with satisfaction, Hae Jin burped softly by accident but was loud enough for Woo Hyun to hear.

“Oops!” Hae Jin covered and exclaimed.

“Haha… Hae Jin-ah. You are so cute.” Woo Hyun laughed as he ruffled her hair. Hae Jin laughed along and drank some water. Class was about to start when Hae Jin received another text message. She opened it and saw that it was from Hong Ki. She smiled to herself as she started reading.

“Hey pretty! Are you free to buy us 6 bottled drinks? I will be waiting~” It read.

Hae Jin looked at her watch and thought, “Lessons are starting but Hong Ki will be waiting… What should I do?!”

Hae Jin made her decision. She did not want to disappoint him. She grabbed her wallet and ran for the door. Woo Hyun was surprised at her friend’s sudden action so he stood up.

“Hae Jin-ah! Where are you going?!” He called but she ignored and ran on.

Reaching the drinks stall, she paid the man and hugged the bottles in her hands. She was struggling with the 6 bottles which slipped out of her embrace occasionally. She glanced at her watch again and realized she was late for lessons. On the other hand, Woo Hyun was in class worried about Hae Jin who ran off suddenly. He messaged Hae Jin under the table while he kept an eye on Professor Kim, ensuring he won’t be caught.

“Hae Jin-ah! Where are you? The teacher is here already…Reply me soon!” Woo hyun sent.

Hae Jin ignored her phone vibration as she was too busy carrying the bottles. It was an incredible feat to carry six bottles and walk so fast up the stairs. She did not want to be too late as Professor Kim was known to be stern. Back in class, the teacher noticed the empty seat beside Woo Hyun.

“Mr.Nam, where is… Miss Park?” Professor Kim asked as he pushed up his spectacles.

“Umm, she… is in the toilet!” Woo Hyun lied.

The teacher nodded his head and continued the lesson. Woo Hyun heaved a sigh of relief as he managed to lie his way through. Hae Jin reached Hong Ki’s class finally as she went in by opening the door with her back. Hong Ki smiled as he walked towards Hae Jin who was sweating profusely from the long walk. He took the bottles one by one from her and threw it to his friends.

“Thank you babe.” He said simply as he smiled at her.

Hae Jin felt the butterflies in her stomach fluttering at his words. She blushed a little when she suddenly thought of something. She forgot that she was late for lessons!

“Oh my! I got to get going for lessons!” Hae Jin exclaimed as she remembered.

“Go on.” Hong Ki said as he walked away. He did not even offer to pay back like before. Hae Jin smiled as she bowed and took her leave. She ran as fast as she could back to class. She was panting when she reached the doorstep.

“Oh, Miss Park is here. Why are you sweating so much? Did you just go for a marathon?” the professor said unimpressed. The class laughed at the Professor’s joke but kept quiet instantly when he put on his stern look again.

“Sorry for being late. I was at the library reading and I did not take note of the time.” Hae Jin lied.

“Oh, really? Mr.Nam told me that you were in the toilet. So who is the one lying here?” Professor Kim said as he raised his eyebrows. Hae Jin mentally cursed herself for her stupidity as she looked down.

“The two of you. Stay back for detention class later! Now, get back to your seat.” He said fiercely.

Hae Jin nodded her head and bowed before walking fast to her seat. She sat down and muttered a soft apology to Woo Hyun.

“It’s okay.” He said with a gentle smile. He was always that forgiving to Hae Jin.

Hae Jin felt sorry for her best friend who had to suffer with her for no apparent reason. At the end of the last lesson, Hae Jin and Woo Hyun made their way to find Professor Kim in his office. On their way there, Woo Hyun asked her, “Hae Jin-ah. Where did you go to just now?”

“Umm, Hong Ki messaged me to buy him some bottled drinks. He said that he will be waiting so I…” Hae Jin admitted.

Woo Hyun widened his eyes and scolded her, “You skipped lessons just to buy his god damn drinks?! Are you kidding me? He could jolly well get them himself since his break was not over. What were you thinking at that time?”

Hae Jin stuck her chin close to her body as she looked away from Woo Hyun. Woo Hyun didn’t know why he was so angry. He didn’t know whether the reason was Hae Jin’s actions or because she was helping Hong Ki. Woo Hyun felt guilty for scolding her after a few seconds.

“I am sorry. I shouldn’t have raised my voice at you.” Woo Hyun said apologetically, looking away.

“It is not your fault. It is all because of me that you need to attend detention now. Sorry.” Hae Jin looked up at Woo Hyun and apologized.

Woo Hyun gave her a reassuring smile and patted on her shoulder.

“It’s okay. I love Professor Kim’s angry expression! He looks funny like that.” Woo Hyun joked.

“Thank you, Woo Hyun. I am glad to have you as my friend.” Hae Jin said as she smiled sweetly at him.

Woo Hyun felt his heart getting squeezed at the word “friend”. He faked a smile and replied, “Me too.” The two went to Professor Kim, got some scolding and wrote an essay on reflection. After which, the case was closed. However, it was not the end. Hong Ki always texted Hae Jin out of a sudden to ask her to get him stuff. He treated her no different from a maid. However, Hae Jin thought otherwise.

She felt happy and blissed to be able to help Hong Ki run errands and to see him. His simple “Thank you” made her day totally. Woo Hyun could not stand watching Hae Jin like that but as she didn’t see a problem with that, he didn’t utter a word. He merely stayed by her side and kept quiet.

“R…I….N…G…!~” The bell went off signifying the end of the school day. Woo Hyun and Hae Jin was getting ready to go home together when Hae Jin received a message.

“Lee Hong Ki again?!” Woo Hyun cursed in his mind.

“Woo Hyun, mianhae. I have to buy something.” Hae Jin apologized as she looked at Woo Hyun.

“Hong Ki again? What does he want from you this time?” He asked annoyed.

“Rose.” Hae Jin said.

“What the heck?! Rose? Does he think you are his maid or special delivery girl? Deliver rose to him so that he can give his girl?!” Woo Hyun erupted in anger. He couldn’t stand watching him bully Hae Jin without her realising that she became a push-over.

“Woo Hyun-ah. You misunderstood him. He is asking me to buy for his mother. I will get going first! See you tomorrow!~” Hae Jin waved to Woo Hyun with a smile on her face as she ran off.

“Hae Jin-ah. No one gives their mother roses these days. Love is blinding you… When will you see that I have always been around you?” Woo Hyun thought as he sighed and went home alone.

After searching a few flower shops, Hae Jin finally found the rose. It was quite a feat to get roses on a normal day without special occasions such as Valentine’s Day. Sniffing the scent of the rose, Hae Jin smiled to herself. Skipping her way back to school, she went up to his class.

“Oppa? Here is your rose.” Hae Jin said softly as she held out the rose.

To her surprise, she saw Hong Ki busy kissing another girl. She dropped the rose onto the floor as she saw him pressing the girl against the wall. They were engrossed in what they were doing that they didn’t realise an intruder in the class. Hae Jin turned around and ran off without looking back. She felt her heart splitting when she saw them kissing so passionately, not even noticing her existence.

Hey ! (: This is not the end ! :D Please continue reading^^! As usual, i am splitting for easy reading(: