Unofficial

Why I Like You
"Siwon, is she the girl you're dating?" A reporter asked with his camera and voice recorder. Siwon was taken aback with the sudden interrogations from the reporters and immediately released your hand from his.
 
 
"Miss, can we have your name?" Another reporter asked, beside him was a cameraman who was taking a picture of your face. As much as you loved cameras and all the jazz it had, this is the reason to hate it. You quickly hid your face with your hands and had your head low as you felt the camera focused on you. In your surprise, someone placed a baseball cap on your head. When you looked out, it was Jongmin.
 
 
Suddenly, Siwon's manager appeared to the little scene. "Siwon-ah, gwenchana?" His manager asked him as he covered for him. Siwon gave his manager a curt nod in response. "Just give them a brief answer and we'll leave ASAP..." The manager whispered to Siwon.
 
 
"If you may, can we settle down and give some personal space to Mr. Choi so he may answer some of your questions..." The manager said to the reporters. You and your friends stayed behind Siwon as the reporters did what they were told. You didn't know why but you were feeling scared at this time. You don't know why you felt sudden emptiness when Siwon released your hand. Right at that moment, even though Siwon was just a foot away from you, he somehow felt distant. You suddenly wanted to feel his comforting warmth around you at that moment.
 
 
"So are you guys dating?" A reporter started to question again.
 
 
Siwon thought hard before answering the question. First of all, he thought about you. Siwon thought that you might be scared and nervous right now, this is a first for you and you're not used to this kind of environment. To add on it was your safety from the probing haters if this issue comes out. Second, he thought about s, how will this issue affect the whole group. He mentally noted that after this, he would apologize to the members, to the president and of course you. Siwon wanted to protect you and his having a hard time to answer the question that was thrown at him. At the same time, he has to act cool and calm so that the reporters won't suspect anything.
 
 
"A-ani..." Siwon hesitantly and managed to say. "We're not dating..."
 
 
With that your mouth gaped and your heart sank. *Ouch...* Those words were like knives stabbed on your chest. *He denied me...* You started to look away from everything and gulped the invisible lump that was stuck on your throat to prevent yourself from tearing up.
 
 
"Then care to explain this Mr. Choi?" A reporter said and showed his camera, where-in he recorded earlier, how Siwon hugged you when you hit a strike.
 
 
"That was just a congratulatory hug. We're just hanging out as friends, that's all." Siwon casually and cooly replied.
 
 
You watched Siwon as he answer the reporters' questions comfortably and denying everything that's been going on between you two. *So was everything that happened to us this passed few days were just pretend? Was everything a lie? If everything is a lie then I am just the stupid-est thing ever. Just when my feelings are starting to get stronger for him then this happens. Pabo _____!* You told yourself angrily. You were so into your thoughts that you didn't notice that you're now being question by the reporters. If Jihyo didn't nudge you, you wouldn't notice it.
 
 
"I-I'm sorry what was it?" You asked, confused.
 
 
"Is it true that you and Siwon are not dating?" A reporter asked. You looked at Siwon before answering the question and saw him in a comfortable and cool state, really distant. 
 
 
"It's true, we're not dating..." You managed to quickly say before your voice could crack. You gulped hard again to prevent yourself from crying.
 
 
"Okay, so everything's clear now, Siwon has to leave now, thank you!" The manager announced and immediately escorted him to his car, leaving you and your friends behind. You watched Siwon and his manager leave the scene, the reporters followed them and not caring about you anymore. You hung your head low as you were so embarrassed and ashamed of your friends to look at them, you were afraid to see them shamefully looking at you. But what hurt you the most is a word from one of the reporters before leaving you. "What a shame..." he said as he shook his head and was looking at your direction. It made you wanted to cry because of shame.
 
 
"_____-ah, whatever happened just now?!" Joori suddenly started to interrogate you. "I thought you guys were real? Why did he denied you? What was that?"
 
 
"Joori!" Eunmi exclaimed, preventing Joori to question you more. You just looked at them with nothing but a blank expression in your face. You didn't know how to answer Joori. You thought that Joori was right; what just happened out there?
 
 
"N-no, it's okay. Joori's right..." You managed to say, still with your head hanging low.
 
 
"_____-ah, no you're not okay..." Eunmi said, comforting you. "Jongmin-ah, will you drive them home please?"
 
 
"Sure..." Jongmin said.
 
 
"Eunmi-ah, I'm sorry your birthday ended up like this, but thank you..." You said.
 
 
"No worries _____-ah..." Eunmi said as she patted your head.
 
 
"Kaja ____-ah. There are two guys who are waiting for us back home..." Jihyo said, cheering you up. You looked at her confused. "Ben & Jerry's! C'mon, they're really good for the heart..." You gave your best friend a faint laugh with her attempt to cheer you up.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
"Stupid hormones! Stupid brain! Stupid heart!" You exclaimed like a drunk while laying in the carpet with your best friend Jihyo "Good thing I'm officially in love with two men now... Ah Ben & Jerry..." You said as you took a spoonful of Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream straight from the tub.
 
 
"I told you, they're better..." Jihyo chuckled.
 
 
"But seriously, thank you Jihyo-ah..." You said as you sat up.
 
 
"No worries..." Jihyo said. Your phone which has been on silent mode since you arrived at your house buzzed from the nth time. "Your phone's buzzing again..."
 
 
"I already told them I'm okay..." You said; you're actually pertaining to the other SJ members, they've been texting you none-stop since the internet blew the news few minutes after the incident. You only give them an "I'm okay..." reply from their text messages. Yes, all of them texted you, except from the one person whom you're hoping to check you.
 
 
You sighed and shook your head in disappointment. "So I'll go ahead..." You said and got up on your feet.
 
 
"Where are you going?" Jihyo asked.
 
 
You gave a faint laugh. "You know where to find me..." You said. Jihyo already knew where you're heading as you got up and went straight to your room to get something. When you got out, you have your telescope bag with you and went to your private roof top again.
 
 
*Its been a while...* You said right after setting up your telescope. It's true, it's been a while since you've went up on your precious rooftop. You looked at the cold night sky, the stars seemed so distant tonight, like the person who used to be here with you these passed few days. You bit the insides of your cheeks to restrain yourself, but your eyes betrayed you and tears started to fall. For the first time in the longest time, you cried again because of heartbreak. This time you felt like you're helpless. The only person you thought that would stand up for you denied you, and to top it all, it was in front of your friends and strangers who would judge you the way they would want you to be. Right now, you dread the owner of the dimpled smile that used to warm your heart. *Ugh, why am I acting like this? We're not even officially together...* You told yourself and more tears flowed. Suddenly the roof top door screeched open and when you looked over it was the last person you wanted to see at the moment, followed by a frantic Jihyo.
 
 
You immediately wiped your tears with the back of your hands. "No one's allowed in here..." You said.
 
 
"I'm sorry _____, but he's really pushy..." Jihyo said as she gave a death glare to Siwon. "Siwon-ah, maybe you should just leave..."
 
 
"Not until I talk to _____. Please..." Siwon begged.
 
 
"Okay, talk then." You demanded.
 
 
"I'm sorry..." Was everything that Siwon could manage to say. His gaze was down to his feet, it's as if he did something so wrong. You were actually waiting for him to continue and explain what just happened, but nothing came out after that. He doesn't know where to start, he couldn't stand to see your eyes all read from crying because of his fault.
 
 
"That's it?" You broke the silence after some time. "I just became a laughing stock in front of my friends and all that you can say is that you're sorry?" Your voice cracked and your eyes betrayed you again as tears started to fall. You wiped your tears with the back of your hands and breathed a good amount of air, trying to compose and calm yourself. "I already told you that I didn't expect you to be there with me 24/7, I don't care about your fame or your riches. But I would need someone to stand up for me... You didn't even bothered to call or check up on me after everything..." You said as you shook your head.
 
 
"My phone ran out of battery, I'm sorry." Siwon said as he ruffled his own hair in frustration. "_____-ah, I was just trying to protect you..." Siwon managed to say as his voice started to crack and tears suddenly started to fall.
 
 
"Protect me? By denying me in front of my friends?" You wiped another set of tears again. "Oh yeah, that reminds me, we aren't really officially together. Yeah, you're right, we're just friends. But friends do not kiss, do not hug and doesn't give sweet pet names for each other. So what was that? Was that just a pretend? Was I like all the other girls that has been linked to you? Like the girls you casually denied dating, was I one of them? You don't know how it feels to be denied by someone and be given shameful looks by the people surrounding you. You didn't know how they looked at me after you left. So why don't you just casually leave like what you did to me a while ago and go back to your splendid life as I pick up what's left of me..."
 
 
"But _____-ah, please let me explain..." Siwon begged as tears streamed down on his perfectly chiseled face.
 
 
"Don't make this harder than it is. It's hurting me so much. Please just go..." You said weakly as you clutched your chest. You were already having hard time to breathe because of crying.
 
 
Siwon then gave a curt nod and slowly left the building. It was also hurtful for him, he didn't get to explain his side. But then when he had the chance to explain he was already tongue tied because he already saw you crying, and that made him weak. He was ready to apologize and explain, but it was too much for him to see you affected like that, it hurt him more to see you hurt and ended up speechless.
 
 
When Siwon finally left, that's when you really broke down in tears. Jihyo ran to you and your back, trying to calm you down. Yes, you both are unofficially together, but it hurt so much and it's as if you broke up with someone. It was really hard for you to process everything that had happened today. Earlier of the same day, you were so happy and by the end of the day, the next thing you knew you're crying your heart out because of the same person who made you happy earlier. You started to calm down after some time, you were glad that Jihyo was there for you.
 
 
*Tomorrow should be better...*  You thought to yourself, but thinking that you would probably see Siwon again in your class made your knees weak. *Eottoke?*
 
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Hello dear lovelies! Here I am again, posting a troublesome update^^
Please don't hate me for suddenly putting up a drama,,oh well what's a story without some drama right?
Few more chapters and we're good! ^^
Hope you guys love this chapter as much I love reading your comments :)
Remember lovelies, comments are always welcome and loved :D