Nine

NOBODY BUT YOU

Mark just finished cleaning his kitchen when the clock strike 2 am.  Jaebeom was with him until 1 am. They talk, laugh, jokes around and watch the very boring movie that Jaebeom choose that they just leave it after 30 minutes of watching. This is normal for Mark. Jaebeom hanging out until its so late. Mark always persuade him to stay but the stubborn guy keep turn down his offer.

Mark feel empty whenever Jaebeom went home. Its not like empty lonely but more like empty because Jaebeom left his trance whenever he visit here. Mark just shaking his head while grabs Jaebeom's coats. This guy always forgot something. Mark took and smell the coats.

Hurmm, smells just like Jaebeom.

The way he like it.

Its not a secret from other kids at schools that Mark is gay. But they all dont know that Mark is totally head over heels with his own bestfriend. Its not like love at first sight. Maybe love after he knews who is Jaebeom. Mark still remember the first time they meet.

Mrs Charlotte never late but that day she still did not come to the class after 20 minutes.

All the kids were busy chatting about what will the canteen serve for lunch but Mark is keep reading his last week notes. Math is not his forte and Mrs Charlotte can be quite scary if they cant answer the question.

"Okay, class. Settle down. Sorry for coming late. Today we have a new friend!" Mrs Charlotte said

Mark did not realize how the girls in his class gasp, he still keep trying to solve the question no 6. But then when Mrs Charlotte talk he look up and saw him.

The new kids look like a normal asian kids. He has a black hair, his bang is so long that it inches away to clos his eye. He is not that tall not that short just average for an asian kids. But there is something that make Mark wonder. Why his demeanors loook like a cold person? He look like a loner, not like a loser. But he look lonely and maybe he is a shy kid?

"Mr Lim? You can introduce yourself." Mrs Charlotte

Everyone is giving the new kid their attention. Its not a weird thing for them to see a new kids enrolled even when their semestar started a month ago. Its normal in this boarding school, but what is different is seeing an asian kids. Its rare to see asian here. Even Mark is half Korean but people still in awe when they know the origin of his father. They all were anticipating for the new kids to talk.  Mark knows half of his classmate want to make jokes about their new kid slang and half wanted to make some asian jokes to the new kids. Well Mark is lucky because his mom is white and his mother genetic is much stronger that his father so he does not look like asian at all. He do not blame the kids because they also lack in knowledge about others race. But it still hurt when they teased using the words. Bad words.

"I am Lim Jaebeom. Nice to meet you." Jaebeom

 A simple and firm introduction.

Everyone including Mrs Charlotte were waiting for Jaebeom to speak but the said guy just look at the front without moving and a face like a stone.

"Urmm okay, you can take a seat behind Mark. Mark please raise your hand." Mrs Charlotte

Mark flinches a little when Mrs Charlotte call him. He do not expect that, the table behind him is always empty that he does not even think someone will sit there. Mark raises his hand up. When Jaebeom saw him he just walk without hesitation and sit without saying any words.

It was weird for Mark for a while, because he knew there is someone behind him but its feels like there is no one there. The only sound Jaebeom produce is a scribble from his book or when he took out his others book other that its nothing. Sometime Mark forget there is someone behind him. All the other kids try to talk to Jaebeom but they were a little afraid when looking at his sharp eye. Jaebeom does not look like he angry at all but his face does look like he is angry when he just stay like a stone. After a while the kids just ignore him.

Unlucky for Mark, Jaebeom also share his room with the other 6 kids. They share the same bed bunks. The boarding caretaker told him it was a good move to place an asian kids with another asian kids. Well Mark agree with him but the things is it hard when Jaebeom rarely talk. The only time Mark can hear his talking is when the teachers ask him a question. Jaebeom maybe lack in talking with others but he is one of the brightest kid. He can answer any hard question from the teachers and because he is so smart it was the way Mark try to befriend him.

One day, Mark was trying to solve the math question. He tried to do it last night but he cant solve it. Another 10 minutes class will start. Mark is so desperate. He wanted to ask other kids but like usual they keep on chatting with others the only one he can ask is the kid behind him.

Mark slowly turn backward.

"Urmm. Jaebeom shi." Mark said in Korean

Jaebeom look suprise but then his face turn to normal state.

"Can you help me?" Mark

"What is?" Jaebeom said after scanning Mark's expression.

"Urm I tried to solve this question but since last night I cant solve it." Mark said while turning his chair and bring his Math book to Jaebeom

Jaebeom took the book and look, its ony take Jaebeom a seconds when he said

"You used the wrong equation." Jaebeom

"Huh? But Mrs Charlotte said we need to use this one to find the X?" Mark

"Yeah but you need to use this equation first then you can get this and then you can use the formula.This is the right way." Jaebeom said while writing down the solution.

"But Mrs Charlotte did not teach us that way." Mark

"Depends, if you dont want to follow then its up to you." Jaebeom said while getting back at his regular pose

Mark just shrug and say his thanks. Mark doing the question like Jaebeom teach him because he dont want to give his work with an empty answer.

The next 2 days, Mrs Charlotte give back their works after she check and grade.

"Hurm so only 2 of you get the right answer for question no 5 and I am impress because I totally forgot to tell you guys about one little equation so today we will lear about it." Mrs Charlotte

While Mrs Charlotte write on the board, Mark look at the back and smile. But Jaebeom just look at him for a second then went bak to look at the boards.

Mark did not know why but when see Jaebeom eating alone he feel a little annoyed like he need to do something but what?

Its only their 3 week together when Mark finally took courage and ask Jaebeom.

"Urm can we eat lunch together?" Mark

Jaebeom just look at Mark then he nods. Mark was so happy but its only for a while when he seated with Jaebeom and Jaebeom just ignnore him. Not a single conversation were held between them. Mark tried to be patience but then after 4 days he started the conversation.

"Why you dont want to talk with me?" Mark

"What?" Jaebeom

"Look Ive been eating lunches with you for almost 4 days and you just keep quiet." Mark

"Urmm, I am sorry but my fathers teachs me to not talk when we eat so its a habit for me." Jaebeom

"Ouh...urmm sorry I dont know." Mark feels a little bit sorry ambushed Jaebeom like that

Jaebeom keep eating and all of sudden their surrounding become stiff. They just keep eating without utter any words

Mark become more persistent, he always make more move to make Jaebeom as his friend.

Yes Mark decided to make Jaebeom as his friend, he do not know why but he wanted to be friend with Jaebeom. Its not an easy job to open up the cold kid. He tried everything, tried to make a conversation with him. Tried become more friendly but Jaebeom just shove it away like a pro badminton player, hit a smash whenever Mark tried to become more closer to him.

One day Mark's grandma send him a homemade strawberry yogurt. Usually family members cant bring anything to the students but Marks now know how to do so. He succeedly smug the yogurt and bring them back to the room. Luckily there is only Jaebeom inside the room. Mark slowly open the bottle can.

"What is that smell?" Jaebeom

"What?" Mark

"Urm maybe I smelled something wrong," Jaebeom

"What did you smell?" Mark

"Urm smell like strawberry." Jaebeom

Mark gasp a little

"Actually, I do have some strawberry yogurt," Mark said sheepishly while showing the bottle to Jaebeom

Jaebeom eyes widen and his mouth open. This is the first time Mark see Jaebeom with another expression and its make Mark smile.

"Wanna try some? My grandma made it." Mark offer

Jaebeom jump down from his upper deck bed and sit beside Mark

"Can I?" Jaebeom

"Of course!" Mark

Jaebeom took the bottle from Mark and take a big gulp.

"Oh my gosh this is so good! Much better than the one i always buy when I was at Korea. Is your grandma Korean? How does she make this. This is it, i declare that this one drinks is my favourite!" Jaebeom

Mark laugh at Jaebeom, he is seriously suprise and relieved. Suprise that Jaebeom has this kind of side and relieved that Jaebeom is not some kind of robot who does not have any feelings.

"Ouh sorry Mark! I drink half of this." Jaebeom

"Its fine you can finished it if you want I can ask for more. My grandma always make this for us." Mark

"Oh gosh, you need to learn it then teach me how to do this." Jaebeom said cheerfully.

Mark smile whenever he reminisce his boarding school memories.

Mark vows that he will learn how to make it, and he does.Sadly even when his grandma die, he is the one who always make it for Jaebeom. Everytime Jaebeom ask for recipes, Mark always said its a secret family recipes. But the truth is he said it so that Jaebeom will always come to him whenever he want his strawberry yogurt. Marks made a mental note to buy more strawberry because the last batch of strawberry yogourt he make Jaebeom already finished it.

 

Saturday come faster than Jinyoung thought.

Its not helping at all when throughtout the day after their unexpectedly meet at the mall Jinyoung keep thinking about Mark. Especially about what is Marks feeling toward Jaebeom. Jinyoung dont want to be the kind of person that blindly jealous without knowing the truth first. He definitely NOT jealous toward Mark. Well maybe a little when the reality hit Jinyoung that Mark knew Jaebeom longer and also better than him.

Jinyoung went like a zombie state in a few days after their meeting. He wakes up, he goes to his classes, he comeback and then he do it again. Jinyoung dont know why but he does not feel like doing anything and his workaholic fiancee still did not call or leaving him any messages. 

Actually Jinyoung feels so restless after he realize his feeling towards Jaebeom. Because afer all he is the one who catching feeling while Jaebeom is...Jaebeom is Jaebeom. The same person that he knows or maybe he did not know. Now Jinyoung dont know whether he knows his fiancee or not. He actually knows about Jaebeom from Uncle Junho. Uncle Junho the one who told him eveything about Jaebeom but then he did not mention Mark. Does this mean even Uncle Junho dont know about their friendship? But then what can he do? 

Now he just need to make Jaebeom fall for him.

LOL

How will he do that? He does not know anything about wooing someone. Usually he is the one who receive not the one who running for his attention. Jinyoung knows that he is not that bad in look but then does Jaebeom really care about it? Jinyoung know Jaebeom is really look smart when he is at the office or outside and his aura is out of the world. But Jinyoung never see him as a casual Jaebeom like he dont know how Jaebeom is when he is at home. So Jinyoung still dont know the real Jaebeom.

Speaking of the real Jaebeom, Mark once mention about it. But Jinyoung dont remember what the things he talk about. Jinyoung wonder if Jaebeom willing to show him his true self or not? Who knows. Jinyoung look at the time and he gasp its alredy 8 am. He remember vaguely that Jaebeom will take him at 9.30. whu does he alwayw be late on his date with Jaebeom.

Its took Jinyoung approximately half an hour later to be ready. He wore his favourite blue t shirt and black jeans with his black converse shoes. He look presentable for a date at the theme park. Jinyoungs smile and proudly nodding to himself becaus he get ready before Jaebeom is here.

Well Jinyoung was shocked when he listen to his parents laugh. His parents is not alone there is someone else too. Someone look familiar but different. 

"Jaebeom?" Jinyoung

Jaebeom turn and look at Jinyoung and all the sudden Jinyoung see Jaebeom turn slowly and he heard trumpets playing in the background. Jinyoung pretty sure that Jaebeom hairs is blown by the wind. Jaebeom look different, he wears a simple dark blue t shirt with his also black jeans. Wait what?

"Wow both of you matching matchy now?" Jinhee

Jinyoung jolted when he hears his mom voice

"Mother!" Jinyoung whine

Jaehwan and Jaebeom just laugh. Jinyoung stomp his way toward Jaebeom and sits beside him while sulking.

"Aigoo my son I am just joking why are you so angry?" Jinhee

Jaebeom just shakes his head

"Morning." Jaebeom said sweetly

Jinyoung know Jaeebom is acting in front of Jinyoung parents but still he feel a little blush when he see the sweet toothly smile from Jaebeom.

"Not a good one." Jinyoung grunt

"Why tho? You see me early in the morning supposely its make your day better." Jaebeom teased

Jinyoung just make a cringey face then hit Jaebeom arms.

They all eat their breakfast and both Jaebeom and Jinyoung goes to their date.

 

They arrive at the amusement park exactly 35 minutes later. Jinyoung did not think that he would be too excited for this date but its all wrong when they arrive and the sight of the foods and the rides make Jinyoung adrenaline run high.

"Its been a while ive been in an amusement park."  Jinyoung

"Really? This is my first time tho." Jaebeom

"What? Your first time in here? Seriously?' Jinyoung

"Yeah, ive never come here when I was a kid and when in America I rarely went to a crowded place." Jaebeom

"You never come here when you was a kid? Seriously?" Jinyoung

"Well as long as I remember, I never went to one." Jaebeom

"So where did you go with your parents?" Jinyoung

"Umm when I was really little my father is so busy urmm and usually urmm.." Jaebeom look pale

"Hey, are you okay?" Jinyoung took Jaebeom hand and sit at a near bench

"Hurmm Sorry, I think maybe I am a little tired. So what you want to ride first?" Jaebeom

Jinyoung look at Jaebeom, he dont believe what Jaebeom said. He look just find when he drive and at his house but suddenly he is tired? Jinyoung want to probe more but he dont want to ruin their today date.

"Urm maybe we can start with a slower ride?" Jinyoung

"Okay then." Jaebeom agreed

Theri first ride is a spinning cup. Jinoung think its like a child play but then this is the first time for Jaebeom so he dont want to make it extreme. They just get out from the spinning cup.

"So how was your first ride?" Jinyoung

"That is so like a child play." Jaebeom chuckle

"Yeah right, so  I dont know who hold my arm so tight when its started to moved." Jinyoung tease

"Well I am shocked a little but then its fine." Jaebeom

"So you think you can handle more ride? I mean more extreme rides?" Jinyoung

"I think Im up to it." Jaebeom smile

"Lets go then." Jinyoung

They tried as many rides as they could. The fun one, the boring one the one that make them dizzy and many more. Right now they were queeing for the most extreme ride the 180 degree of roller coaster. They decided to ride the roller coaster first before eating. After 35 minutes its finally their turn to go on the ride.

"Ready?" Jinyoung

"I think I am ready." Jaebeom

When the ride started Jaebeom feels okay but then when its on the part when they plunged down what make him shout. Jaebeom scream so loud. He keep screaming and screaming and whne the ride finish Jaebeom is on faze state.

They safely get out from the area. Jinyoung look at Jaebeom behind him and he laugh. Jaebeom does not look like his normal self. With his hair out of order and his face in pure distress. JInyoung walk towards Jaebeom because he wanted to help Jaebeom with his hair when someone bump into Jaebeom and make him fall

"Yah!! Cant you see what you do? Look at my ruined shirt" the guy shout and stand in front

"Huh? " Jaebeom still in daze

"This stupid guy!! Yaaaah! You ruined my shirt and you want to deny it?" the guys started want to grab Jaebeom.

Jinyoung eyes wide open when he see how Jaebeom face become paler

"Stop it!" Jinyoung said while pull Jaebeom up and hide him behind him

"Who are you?" 

"Doesn't matter. You are the one who bump into him." Jinyoung

"I am not! This stupid guy the one who bump into me and ruined my shirt."

"You think I am blind? I can see clearly you walk with one hands holding your water and you keep talking without seeing what is in front of you! You are the one is in fault. This guy just standing there, a few away from the walking road. He did not do anthing at all." Jinyoung defend Jaebeom

The said guy want to speak more when there is other people keep saying he is the one who bump into Jaebeom and because their little argument is slowly taking a few bystander attention. The guy left.

Jinyoung quickly check on Jaebeom.

"Are you okay? Jaebeom?" Jinyoung

Jinyoung started to panic when Jaebeom did not respond to his call.

"Jaebeom?" Jinyoung tried again and this time he Jaebeom face

Jinyoung act make Jaebeom flinched and Jaebeom hit Jinyoung hand away from his face

"Jaebeom?" Jinyoung started to feel hurt when Jaebeom push his hand away.

"Sorry, sorry.What did you ask?" Jaebeom

"Jaebeom you become so much paler, like someone your blood out of your face. Are you really okay?" Jinyoung

"Yeah, yeah. Maybe because of the rides?" Jaebeom

Jinyoung without thinking tried to fix Jaebeom's hair.

Jaebeomfroze when Jinyoung patting his hair down.

Jaebeom dont know why but his heartbeat becomes faster when Jinyoung face is closer everytime he fix Jaebeom hair.

 

 

 

TO BE CONTINUE

 

So guys just want to ask do  you think the pace of the story is slow?  

Want me to make it fast? Or Its fine?

Do tell me if you guys think its become more boring, I still have a lot of idea for this plot story but IDK if i want to make it long or short ff.

btw thanks to all my subcribers, i will try and update more chapter!

Have a nice day!!

 

minminhyo