Five

NOBODY BUT YOU

"You are a bastard"

"His mom is a right? So he is the same like her right?"

"Like mother like son."

"I heard that the son and mother pair doing IT with the guy simultaneously."

"He does not deserve to be here, he only get this job because his dad pity him"

"I wonder how will he realize that all of his hardwork will be in vain, because people will never believe a 's son."

Jaebeom jolted awake from his sleep.

Its always the same whispering that make him wakes up. If not the whisper then the nightmare.

Jaebeom let out a deep sigh and look at the watch from his bedside table. The watch shows 4.30 am. He was lucky enough to sleep more than two hours. Unlike other days he just can get sleep around one hour then the whispering and the nighmare come and haunt him. He just dont get it why he always get this whenever he sleep. When he was young its rare for him to get this nightmare, he still in trauma and tried to forget everything. But now the nightmare keep coming at him. He already told his therapist, his father hired the therapist since after the incident and even when he is abroad his father always make Dr Kang go to him for his monthly session. Thankfully, the therapist session really help him a lot. He used to keep it bottle inside when he is a kid with no one to tell but then the really nice therapist also a psychologist known as Dr Kang come and help him. He never lied to his Dr Kang, he spilt everything to him and he also know that Dr Kang keep all the things from his father. 

Jaebeom already told Dr Kang about all the whispering and the nightmare. Dr Kang asked him where does the whispering started to bother his sleep. Jaebeom dont know exactly when the whisper started but he remember vividly how his collegues trash talk about how his achievement is totally not his work at all. They said that Lim Jaebeom has certain ways to get his work done and a popular rumours is its involve with . Yes, people assume Jaebeom as a just because his mother is one. Jaebeom dont know how does his collegues know about his mom but their words really make him insecure about himself and after that the whispering about how he is a bastard, a lowly life begin. Dr Kang open his old files and explained that maybe because of the harsh word make Jaebeom triggered with the past,  Because Jaebeom used to tell him how he heard his father friends said exactly the same words. So as usual he ask Jaebeom to not work hard and keep a steady life. Jaebeom need to rest well and hopefully the whispering will end soon. But before Jaebeom left. he ask Dr Kang for medicine just in case he need it.

The medicine bottle in his hand felt light whne he took it from his bedside table, he look inside the bottle and its onlt have a few maybe not more than 6 pills. Its only been a month after the last session.Now Jaebeom does not have monthly session because of his work, so he usually call Dr Kang secretary and book an appointment but he really busy now so, he need to wait for his work to settle down then he can go. Jaebeom just shrug and put the medicine back. He dont need this today.

Jaebeom went to his bed and lay down, he tried to force sleep but the sleepiness is long gone. He silently hum his favourite song, Instagram by Dean and went to his book collection. He scan thoroughly and take his favourites book titled You Are by Defsoul. Defsoul is one of his favourite author. He always wrote a meaningful book about life and how life itself help him grows. But this one is his favourite because how Defsoul write about him being a grown up and also his relationship with his wife,
 

It's a beautiful sky

The sky is clear, like you

There is not a cloud

Because of you

The world feels different to me

Those word really make Jaebeom heart feels the warm, eventhough the writers write about how his love life with his wife but then Jaebeom cant help but feels that the writers really write it for him and he always feel appreciated whenever he read those words. Jaebeom read the books and lost for a while in the world of Defsoul works. Then his alarm phone blaring. Its indicate that its already 6 am and he need to get ready to go to works. But Jaebeom still want to continue reading, he already know the ending but the part that Jaebeom read now is his favourite one and he want to continue read. But then he also have a very important meeting at 9 am, so he reluctantly put his bookmark on the page and went to his bathroom to take his bath.

 

Jinyoung still wondering about the rumours that he read about Jaebeom's mother even when he wakes up from a deep sleep. Jinyoung dont exactly know what happen but he knows that Uncle Junho divorced his wife and what he had heard form the maids (yes he ask his maid and also Jaebeom's maid) that it is quite a buzz at that time but then the news slowly faded and people literally forget about the existence of Mrs Lim. But then why should he care right? Because you are curious stupid! And curiousity could kill a cat. Euuw, i would never kill a cat. Stop thinking stupid Jinyoung! Its not a rare things when his mind and his concious keep fighting each other.

Jinyoung look at his phone and a little reminder written on his phone make him smile a little. A reminder written with a purple colour font "Date Night 2morrow". Yes, Jinyoung write it just because he want too, not because he literally cant wait for the date. No, its just a reminder. Park Jinyoung is a forgetful person, that is all. Park Jinyoung is not excited at all. He went out from his bedroom and went straight away to the kitchen

"Wow! Its Park Jinyoung! Its only 7 am! Why are you up?" Jinhee

"Mom, you dont have to be so sarcastic early in the morning okay?" Jinyoung

"What? I was just shoked seeing you right now." Jinhee

"Whoah Jinyoung? What are you doing here early in the morning?" Jaehwan

"Father!!Not you too." Jinyoung

Both Jaehwan and Jinhee laugh seeing their only son face red and flustered.

"Sorry, sorry." Jinhee

"So why are you here in the kitchen right now? Usually you just keep sleeping whenever Mrs Kim called you." Jaehwan

"Just because I am hugry" Jinyoung

"You sure? Not because you feel giddy about tomorrow?" Jinhee

"Tomorrow?What happen tomorrow?" Jaehwan

"Mom!!!" Jinyoung whine

"Yesterday you future son in law call me asking if its okay for him to take Jinyoung for a date. Jaebeom really a sweet man." Jinhee

"What? He told you that?" Jinyoung

"Yeah, why?" Jinhee

"He just said its only taking me for a dinner not a date!" Jinyoung

"Ahh, no wonder your mood is off a few days ago. You were upset huh?" Jaehwan

"Father!! I am not." Jinyoung sigh

"Hahahahah, honey. Why are you so restless huh?" Jinhee

"Nothing, its just that guy always make me pissed in some reason i dont know." Jinyoung

"What? You told me the last time Jaebeom is a shy person." Jaehwan

"He was but then the next time I meet him he become more annoying." Jinyoung

"Isn't a good thing? He more open towards you." Jinhee

"He is?" Jinyoung

"Like just imagine if he totally ignored you because he hate you, does it make you feel better?" Jinhee

Jinyoung think about what if Jaebeom ignore him.  Jinyoung knows that Jaebeom will never be like that because he is a kind man but then when he think the possibility Jaebeom will ignore him, its make Jinyoung a little angry about it.

"Nah, he never do that." Jinyoun said timidly

"What?" Jaehwan

"Nothing father." Jinyoung

"Okay, enough talking lets eat!" Jinhee

 

After finishing their breakfast. Jinyoung went to his university. Today he only have one class only and it is his favourite subject that is why Jinyoung does not mind having it on Friday. His finished his 1 hour 45 minutes class at 3pm and now he is on the way to the library when he is stop by the infamous Yugbam couple.

"Yah, Park Jinyoung!" Bambam

"Hey, I am not only older that you but also your senior. Give me some respect please." Jinyoung

"Hurmm sorry sorry, Jinyoung sunbaenim!" Bambam

"Where are you going hyung?" Yugyeom

"To the library." Jinyoung

"For what?" Yugyeom

"I know you are stupid Yugyeom but I dont realize you are that stupid. What is the reason I need to be at the library? To study of course!" Jinyoung

"Babe, look at hyung calling me stupid." Yugyeom

"But babe, you are stupid!" Bambam

"Serously? I work so hard to be at the same uni with you and now you call me stupid? Urghh I should just broken up with you!" Yugyeom

Bambam and Jinyoung just laugh.

Jinyoung remember how Yugyeom told him how hard he study so he can be in the same university with Bambam. They are a childhood sweetheart. Have been a couple since they were 16 years old. The reasons they meet is because Yugyeom stupidly come inside Jinyoung classroom one day and demand he is in the right class but then when the professor come he realized how wrong he is and he is stucked with Jinyoung beside him and then Yugyeom always hang with Jinyoung and also introduce him to Bambam. Then without they realize they become the unseparable trio. Even when they all have different courses, they always have time to meet up between their schedule.

"Babe, you will never do that. You love me so much!" Bambam said while caress Yugyeom face

"Yes I do." Yugyeom smirk and kiss Bambam on his mouth

"Oh my gosh!! PDA to much PDA!" Jinyoung

"Just say you are jealous you can do this." Bambam said the laugh

"Whatever, I need to go now! Bye." Jinyoung

Jinyoung watch how both of them hold their hand and swing it while walking away and he still can listen to their laugh. What a happy couple. To tell you the truth he does feel some jealousy when he saw his friend being chummy towards each other but then he also dont want to have the same experience with other people. Jinyoung dont know what he want. Sometime he want someone to be as giddy as Yugbam couple then the next thing he realize he dont want to be like them. Jinyoung dont know what he actually want. But one thing he realize when he saw a couple in the uni, he actually wished that Lim Jaebeom were still a university student and not any university but this university so Jinyoung can see how Jaebeom is as a student and not as a bussinessman. Jinyoung totally ignore his mind thinking abot how nice it is if they can be like Yugbam couple.

 

That night, Jinyoung feel restless when he is looking for what kind of clothes he should wear. He just realize that he dont even know where will Jaaebeom take him for tomorrow dinner. Should he wear something formal? Or semi formal? Or just a casual outfits? Urgh this guy always make me think harder!!! Jinyoung look at his phone for more than 40 times but still there is no new message from Jaebeom.

Then when he decided he want to pick any clothes his phone rings.

"Hello?" Jinyoung

"Yah, are you looking for what to wear tomorrow?" Jaebeom

"No I am not." Jinyoung

"Are you sure? I can listen to all your grunt here in my office." Jaebeom

"You still at the office? Arent you tired going back home late? Its almost 11 pm." Jinyoung

"11pm is still early for me, I just need to finished a few documents so tomorrow nobody can ignore me." Jaebeom

"You mean us right?" Jinyoung

"Ah yes, us. So get ready around 10 ish? I will fecth you up." Jaebeom

"But I already told you 3pm onwards only." JInyoung

"That time is only for dinner but tomorrow we are not going for dinner only. Its a date, remember?" Jaebeom

"You are so mean, what if I have another plan ahead? What will you do then?" Jinyoung

"I am not that dumb, I know that Park Jinyoung will definitely stay at home on weekends because he does not have any friends to hang out with." Jaebeom

"Yah, I have friends okay." Jinyoung

"So do you have any plan for tomorrow? If you have I can cancel the date." Jaebeom

There is a silent for a moment.

"No, I dont have any plan at all." Jinyoung

"See, I am smart." Jaebeom

Jinyoung just grunt

"By the way, you can wear something comfortable for tomorrow event." Jaebeom

"Where exactly you want to bring me?" Jinyoung

"Its a secret, good night Jinyoung. Bye." Jaebeom said then he call off the conversation.

Aigoo this guy, he will do whatever he want huh?

Something comfortable?

Okay.

 

 

It was a good morning when Jaebeom wake up from his sleep without his nightmare. He look at the watch and its shows 6.30am. What a good time to wake up. He stretched out his body and went straight away to the bathroom. He look into the mirror and he breathe out a relieved sigh. His face does not look like a corpse anymore like usual. He does his routine as usual and went to find something to wear for his date with his fiance.

Fiancee?

Date?

Sound weird in his mind. Jaebeom does not know what to feel when his father ask him to come back home early that particular day.

Flashback

"Jaebeom ah." Junho

"Yes father?" Jaebeom just finished his bath when his father open the door

"Have a minute?" Junho

"What is it father, please come inside." Jaebeom

"Thank you, urmm. I hope you will not get mad at me after I said what I said." Junho

"Mad? Why?" Jaebeom

"Urm actually after I discussed with your Uncle Jaehwan and Aunty Jinhee, I wanted to propose a marriage between you and their son Jinyoung. You remember him right?" Junho

"Just vaguely." Jaebeom

"He is the same age as you and have a nice personality. I always told you abiut him right whenever I call." Junho

"Yes father, but I never met him." Jaebeom

"Yes I know but please believe my instinct as a father. I know he will make you happy, my son." Junho

"I am happy father." Jaebeom

"Are you sure? I know you but maybe not 100% knowing your inside and outside but you dont look happy my sons. After the incident you become more distant and its hurt me whenever I see you flinched just like you did now whenever I mention the incident. Its been almost 14 years ago and I still did not find my bubbly son or the mischievous boy and yes I know you are already 20 years old. A grown up but still in my eyes you look like a lost litle boy. You know how I feel about those incident? How I was so regretfull when I focus more on my job and not on you my son? I feel so teribble when I think about it and I am so sorry for you son. I know you said you were fine now but it still hurt me what the wench women and his no good boyfriend." Junho

"Father, can you just stop talking about them? I know whatever you choose for me is the best, but please make sure Mister Jinyoung is 100 agree with your plan and please dont pressure him. You know how i feel about arrange marriage in general right?" Jaebeom

"Yes son, of course there will be no press on our behalf. I will make sure of that. But are you fine with it?" Junho

Will he be fine with this idea? 

He does not know for sure but it what his father want.

Jaebeom just nod and give a small smile to his father.

End Flashback

Jaebeom just choose a simple white shirt his favourite one with black jeans. He double check the things he needs after he finished getting ready.

He look at the watch and decided to get his breakfast at his favourite diner place.

 

 

Meanwhile, Jinyoung waking up a little later than what he intend too. He do not hear his alarm blaring up and wakes up on 8 am in the morning. He jolted up when he saw the clock and went straight to the bathroom. He blame Jaebeom for not giving him a details info about their date today and make him wonder about what will they do for today and its make it hard for Jinyoung to fall asleep.

After he finished his bath, Jinyoung just make a simple hair style and make sure his face look good for today. He just managed getting ready when he heard the bell ring exactly on 9 am. Wow Jaebeom is punctual but yeah he is a bussinessman so that is not a suprise. But the suprise is when he look at Jaebeom with his normal shirt and jeans.

"You said wore something comfortable?" Jinyoung

Jaebeom look up from his phone when he heard Jinyoung question.

"Well, this is my most comfortable shirt." Jaebeom

"You look like you have to go for an interview for god sake. Look at me!" Jinyoung

Jaebeom do what Jinyoung ask him to do. He scan Jinyoung attire from up and down. Jinyoung wear a loose black shirt with a cardigan and a really comfy black pants.

"What is the problem? You look good." Jaebeom said nonchalantly

Its make Jinyoung blushed when Jaebeom said he look good.

"But you look so much better than me!" Jinyoung whine

"Well, thank you for saying that I am more handsome than you but that is a fact you know?" Jaebeom smirk

"Urgh, i hate you." Jinyoung

"Well i feel the same toward you." Jaebeom

"Whatever! Are you ready?" Jinyoung

"Wow, cant wait to go on our date huh?" Jaebeom

"Shut up!" Jinyoung

"Wait a minute I need to meet your parents." Jaebeom

"Why?" Jinyoung

"Well I am going to bring theri ONLY son out on a date so I need to do this properly." Jaebeom said while come inside the house.

"Wow, what a gentleman" Jinyoung said sarcasticly while rolling his eye.

Jaebeom said a few words to his parent that earn him a hug from Jinhee and a really loud back pat from Jaehwan. Both of Jinyoung parents smile fondly when they watch Jaebeom's car drove away from the house.

 

 

TO BE CONTINUE