One

A Familiar Feeling

Jisoo's POV

For the very first time my boss asked me to take his place to New Zealand to interview one of our clients. I never thought he can trust me with this. He always thought women are weak and are incapable of dealing things. Yet he can't come here coz he is afraid he might run on with his ex fiancé who ditched their wedding.

 

"Jisoo make sure you won't be late on your meetings okay? Mr. Gobel is very strict in terms of time. Make sure every information are being written. Make sure you capture photos of it as well." Mr. Choi says.

 

"Come on Siwon Oppa. I know these things already. You don't have to tell me every details."

 

"Siwon Oppa? You sound very informal."

 

"Uhm. We're at the airport? Duh? Anyway I have to check in my baggage and I need coffee. I'll just call you tomorrow morning. We'll have video conference anyway. Off I go. Bye Oppa. I mean bye Sir." I walked away before my boss, Siwon will lecture me on what to do.

 

I arrived in New Zealnd in the evening and I went straight to the hotel. Good thing it was just a block away from the office, I can just walk going to work.

 

I had a nap for an hour. I got hungry so I decided to go out for dinner. I went to a Burger place nearby.

 

"Uhm. One Kiwi burger please." I ordered.

 

I put in the sim card that I bought. A lot of chat messages went in. I was scrolling on my phone then someone tap me on my back.

 

"Kim Jisoo?!"

"Yoona Unnie!! What a small world!!" I hugged her.

"Hey what brings you here?" She asked.

"Siwon Oppa- i mean my boss asked me to come here instead of him. We have a client here. I'll be here for a month." I said.

"Oh. That sounds nice. Uhm. How is he?" Her voice lowered down.

"Since your wedding, sorry, I mean last year, he has been working his off. Just 3 months ago he softened a little bit. He got himself a dog named Grizz."

"Does he have a girlfriend now?"

"I don't think so. I have been hooking him up with my college friends but he refused. He always do. I even joked on letting him explore and date guys instead. But he just slammed the door. How are you Unnie? How's New Zealand?"

"Is that so? Anyway. This place is everything Jisoo. I hope you'll enjoy it here. Here's my business card. Call me whenever you are not busy okay?"

"Sure thing."

"I have to go now. See you around!"

"Bye!" Now I know why Siwon doesn't want to go here. Yoona, his ex fiancé is just around and he might bump into her. Ugh. Poor Oppa.

 

"Miss was that your girlfriend?" A woman asked me.

"Oh? No. That's my boss' ex."

"Oh okay. Haha. Thats okay if she's your girlfriend. Nice meeting you." Then she walked away.

 

I'm like what? Thats weird. Then it came to my thought about my first girl crush ever in my life. We were in the same circle of friends back in highschool. We are not that close though but we joke around pretty hard. Our friends are kinda touchy with each other. Hugging, holding hands, etc. But whenever I do that to her, there is this tingling feeling inside me. A year after wondering what was that, I came into a conclusion that I am crushing on to her. Well, no one knows about that of course.

 

A year after that, she had a girlfriend. Yes. A girlfriend. Her girlfriend was a year higher than us. She tagged me along on their dates. Usually, I end up outside the classroom where they are doing whatever things they are doing inside that empty classroom. I was like a guard, signaling them whenever someones coming or whatever.

 

Her mom found out so her mom asked me to look over her. I was a little happy yet sad since my crush was really upset about it. They meet up secretly and until it didn't work out already they totally broke up. She confessed to me she was just using that girl so that she can teach her math. I was relieved.

 

I was confused too. Of all friends, she asked me to hide them. Or she asked me to bring this to her girlfriend tell her this, tell her that, send some letters. And me being head-over-heels on her, secretly though, just agreed to that.

 

"Miss? We're closing already." The waitress told me. I didn't realized i finished my burger already.

 

I went back to the hotel still reminiscing the past about the first girlcrush I ever crushed.

 

It was weird because we haven't seen each other for 9 years already. But you know what? She sometimes pops into my dreams and I usually just ignore it.

 

I wonder where she is now.