Butterflies on Saturday Noon

Hotter Than Summer, Colder Than Winter

Pleasantly surprised. My eyes, they got wide-open as I’m struggling to act normal as nothing happened. My body get stiffen and I hardly feel my feet. I held my breath, making sure that I’m not sleeping and this is effin real. Tried so hard not to squeals like a fan girl but focused on grabbing my mobile inside my bag.

“Yeah sure,” coolly handed my mobile to him so he can type it his number by himself. Like I don’t care what ever thing, but deep inside I was this close to see the heaven. ME GUSTA!

He took my mobile and started to type his number. “I’m sorry but I’m running out of battery so…yeah…” Tried to explain why I am the one who had to save his number. Maybe he didn’t want me to misunderstood something or whatever. “Here you go,” he handed back my mobile, smiled, a little tilt on his lips. Precious.

“Him Chan, right?” my fingers got excited as it danced happily typing his name on my keypad.

He got closer and took a peek, making sure that I wrote it right. “Yup that’s it.”

I'm surprised as he got closer. But this is me, acted as normal as I could. “There I saved it.” I grinned.

“Alright, I’m leaving now. Text me ok?” He moved his finger randomly as if he’s texting, he meant a sign for me not to forget to text him and an eye smile as bonus.

Still, I smiled broadly and waved my hand. I can’t 100% hide my excitement. Everything was beyond my expectation. I expected to know his name but in fact I got his number. It really is true what they said, just don’t expect anything and things will come out as a surprise.

“Yong Gook-ah are you coming or what?” Him Chan shouted at Yong Gook who seemed into his conversation with Ji Eun. Ah they get along well. Hearing little laughter that appeared sometimes in the middle of their conversation.

Yong Gook stopped and turned to Him Chan, realized that it’s time for him to leave with his friend “Yeah sure!” Turned back to us and demurely waving, “see you guys later.”

We both waved as seeing those guys disappeared through the crowd and I took a seat back beside Ji Eun. It was sunny spring. The sun shone brightly, like it knew what happened and it is happy for me too. Everything seemed brighter. My day seemed brighter, no, it’s brightest.

“Ji Eun-ah! Saranghanda!” I squealed and hugged Ji Eun tightly. I buried my face in her arm.

“Yah what happened?” Ji Eun slightly annoyed since she started to hardly breathe. She tried to let go of me.

I let her go. I faced her and started to scream and made my words crystal clear, “I-finally-know-his-name!”

“And you’re that happy?”

Well Ji Eun was busy talking to Yong Gook so basically she didn’t know what has just happened. She looked absorbed to the conversations so she didn’t really put much attention on me. “And-he-gave-his-number!”

“Oh my, Congratulations! Yong Gook didn't even asked mine” she pouted, a bit upset but she covered it up with her shining smile, hugged me and congratulated me. We even did this little jump together like a kid who just won a contest.

“Let’s go to café! I’ll buy you a drink. I’m in the good mood. No, best mood”

Beaming.

 

------------------------

 

 

 ___  : Hi it’s me, ___

Him Chan : Hi ___ what are you doing?

I started to text him like I promised him. We both started to get to know each other and just casually talked about daily life. It was just a casual texts anyway. No, he hasn't melt yet.

I convinced myself that we’re going to be a good friends. Ok, I do crushing on him, but I convinced myself nothing’s gonna happen between us since yeah I don’t really like to deal with complicated and tangled love story. My previous experience didn’t seem so good so I’ll definitely play save this time.

We’re friends. Good friends.

It’s only been 2 days since our quick meeting, since I know his name, and number. It was Friday, when he texted me what am I up to this Saturday. He promised me that we will have time to talk when he’s not busy. I guess he’s not busy anymore, because he finally asked me out.

Him Chan : Where are you?

 ___  : House, you?

Him Chan : I’m going to my senior’s place. They're having a party

 ___  : Have fun~

 Him Chan : Thanks, what are you up to tomorrow?

 ___  : Not sure, why?

 Him Chan : Let’s eat out

 ___  : Umm sure. What time?

It was almost midnight and he didn’t reply my text anymore. Well I guess he’s had fun partying with his friends and indeed I had to sleep because my eyes are getting heavier as I was keeping myself busy surfing on the internet. Not waiting for the text. Well umm, nothing to lose. Teehee.

 

 

------------------------

 

 

Morning sunshine through my window. It's morning already. I opened my eyes and started to wander around a bit. Gathering myself together. I got up and went to check my mobile. Whether the meeting is on or not. There’s a text.

Him Chan : 12.30?

 ___  : Ok~

I instantly replied his text, as a yes. I looked at the time he replied my text. It was almost 3 in the morning. I feel touched, a bit, because he still took time to reply my text that late. If I were him and I were having fun, I wouldn’t bother to check my mobile.

It’s 11a.m and I rushed to the bathroom. Took a bath and got myself ready. I put on, what-I-think-best, outfit. Put on light powder and a little lipgloss. I think this should be enough just for casual meeting. I didn’t want him to see me as a clown anyway.

I’m nervous.

We promised to meet at the usual café before we decided where to have lunch. I dragged Ji Eun with me. I don’t know will it be bad or not to have a company for the first meeting. I’m just nervous and I need someone to calm me down, to help me to get back to my sense, to get rid of those naughty butterflies, and it’s Ji Eun.

Suddenly a text came.

Him Chan : I think I’m gonna be late for 30 mins

  ___  : Ah that’s okay

It’s still 12 but he warned me already that he’s going to be late for 30 minutes. Nice manner. I can tolerate him because I thought he had a party last night until he slept that late, I understand, I didn't expect him to able to wake early anyway. I guess he’s such a sleepy head.

But actually I was already on my way with Ji Eun so I guess I’ll have to wait awhile for him. I feel lucky to drag Ji Eun with me so that I don’t have to wait alone. We arrived early at the café, we ordered some drinks while waiting for him to come. Hot chocolate and Ji Eun as a company. Everything is going to be fine.

“Ji Eun-ah. Why am I this nervous? He’s just a friend...friend...like any others” I leant my head on the couch we sat on. Looked up the ceiling. “I hoped,” I murmured “he had a great style.”

“Why is it anyway?”

“I don’t know. Guy who can't dress up well is a turn off for me. Well, style doesn’t born with you right? So you can still learn about it.” I expressed my opinion, point of view. Stirred hot chocolate in front of me and slowly sipped it.

“Didn’t you see the way he dressed up usually?” Ji Eun seemed to enjoy her beverages too, Strawberry Milk.

“Umm not really, last time we met he was just wearing a shirt and a jeans. No biggie. After all, all I did was looking to his eyes didn’t I?”

Suddenly a phone call came. It’s from him, Him Chan. I cleared up my voice and automatically pushed the green colored button on my keypad.

Yeoboseyo?

___ where are you?” he replied in distant.

“I’m at the café already. Where are you anyway?”

“I’m nearly there. Sorry for being late hehe see you” he laughed playfully and hung up the phone after he made me sure that he's about to arrive.

Butterflies kept on coming back for more. He’s nearby. He’s going to come soon. I’m going to see him soon. He’s going to see me soon. We’re going to meet soon. I sunk into my own thoughts. I threw my gaze outside. Outside to the lake, the green calm lake, a lot calmer that I am now. I started to make noise with my feet, fingers, anything.

“Shikkeuro!” she glared at me. Ji Eun realized my absent-minded behavior, she earnestly asked me to be quite and a lot calmer because everything is going to be okay. But still, with the glare. "You are pretty, okay? Chill out." 

She did calm me down, a little.

I looked at the time and it’s almost two. When I lifted up my head. My eyes caught a figure, out there. A tall familiar figure, outside, wore gray band t-shirt and black trouser. Handsomely, smoked.

I loved the view, what I saw. I started to realize that some feelings are growing. Well, actually its pure basically just because of his looks. I stared at him, fascinated. He’s handsome, no, gorgeous. He is Him Chan, Kim Him Chan.

I made a call. “I see you outside. Smoking?” 

“Yeah, I’ll see you inside after I finished this”

My heart skipped a beat.