The victim, the witness and the suspect...

SHINee Mystery Files

OMG i finally updated hope you guys love it!! hahah please comment!! need your feedbacks dearly!! GOD BLESS!!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Busy footsteps, murmurs, mocking laughter, the loud volume of the television…are the usual noises that you can hear during mornings in Juvenile hall just outside the city limits, at night all these noises are silenced and the ticking of the wall clock is the only sound that will accompany you in the late hours. Dull and lonely as this place seems to be, a young boy smiles in is bed unable to sleep on the thought that after eleven years of confinement in the said vicinity, he shall gain hid freedom tomorrow, he’ll be able to walk outside without an and free from the limitations that ruled him over the years. His smile almost reached his ears, the thought of all of it made him happy, the kind of emotion that he hasn’t experienced for a long time. He got up from his bed and took the towel hanging from his small drawer, he then went out of his room which the caretakers often termed as “cell”, like they were prisoners, and it’s a Juvenile hall after all.

The boy decided to take a shower so that he wouldn’t have to do it tomorrow, so he’ll be able to leave the forsaken place early. He walked alone in the hallways, his bare feet touching the cold floor and made gentle tapping sounds, and reaching the bathroom he locked it as soon as he entered. He looked at the mirror and it was covered with moist, he used his index finger to write on it as the mirror cleared from the moist his finger passed by, he saw his smiling image. He removed his clothes, opened the shower an washed himself as the cold water hit his honey brown hair, that he felt has gotten longer from his last haircut, his shoulders dripping wet as the soothing water turned warm trailing down to his thin arms that somehow had muscles rippling on it.

 He enjoyed the moment thinking what would it be like living outside again, but where would he go? He has no home to go back to and no one to help him, the very reasons that got him to this place. It didn’t matter…all he knows is that when he steps outside, fate will reveal a path for him, hopefully a good one. He dried his pale white skin and wrapped the towel around his waist, passing the words he wrote on the mirror that said “Happy Birthday”, as he walked out of the bathroom. The hallway has gone terribly dark and the glimpse of light he can only see is coming from the slightly opened door of his room which he remembered he had closed behind him when he got out.

Trying not to think too much he moved his feet believing the train of thought that he wasn’t able to secure the door tightly, the vicinity did have its financial problems maintaining the facilities around. His feet left wet footprints on the floor and dragged him towards his room yet he paused when he saw his door slowly creaked open and a figure came out carrying a knife on its hand. The boy stood there for a moment gulping until he was able to identify that the figure was indeed a person, he had his share of tales of the boogeyman after all. The person was wearing a tragedy mask which had a black diamond print under the left eye, the boy can’t tell if it was a man or a woman since the person had a hood on. The stranger noticed him and slammed the door, the light disappeared as the door closed, and the boy’s instincts told him to run.

He didn’t dare to scream as his legs fastened its pace, he can hear the person running behind him too, chasing him, and probably wanting to stab that sharp knife on the boy’s body. He was able to stall him when he turned to the corner of the hallway and hid under a large desk, big enough for him to fit into, he knows he is sweating despite his hair is still wet, his heart wouldn’t just calm down and it beats so loud that he thinks that person would hear it. He covered his panting mouth and listened, hearing running footsteps echoed throughout the hallways getting nearer and nearer. He slapped himself mentally when he realized that his feet are still wet and probably left footprints on the floor, he panicked feeling tremendous fear, a feeling that is not new to him. The boy grunted when he felt his left hand throbbed in pain, the hand that has been bandaged for as long as he can remember. He peered from under the desk and saw that the hallways are empty, he needed to get out of there fast, he needs to go down to the main floor to alert a guard somehow, he ran and ran reaching the elevator and pushed several buttons just to open it, the boy was quite new to it. The elevator opened and revealed a lifeless guard inside, the blood gushing out from his head made the boy stepped backward and his back hit something, he turned around and saw the person chasing him all along stood in front of him and grabbed his neck. The boy choked ad wasn’t able to escape from the tight grip; his tears fell because of the fear and pain… the pain of his strangled neck and throbbing hand. His eyes were blurry of his tears yet he wasn’t able to miss to see as the person aimed to stab him…and he screamed a piercing long scream as he woke up from a nightmare.

Yet the awful dream was indeed true, he looked around and finally recognized the place, the police found him unconscious on the third floor with his left shoulder bleeding from the stab he got. They helped him stood up and carried him out of Juvenile hall, the entrance was full of camera men and reporters, and the nearby lights of the police cars hurt his eyes. The next thing he knew is that he was made to stay in a police station, since there are no special rooms they made him sleep in an empty cell beside the chief’s office, it was unlocked of course. But seeing it now he wished that it was locked…so that no one will hurt him, locked away from the cruel reality of life, he got out of that Juvenile hall alright but… will he ever get out of the grip of that person who tried to kill him if ever he had another chance again? He asked himself and cried his way to sleep.

It’s 7 o’clock in the morning and not everyone had a hard time waking up, Jonghyun was half asleep half awake trying to remember what happened last night before he snored himself to sleep. Nothing special happened at all; it’s just that he was glad that Key didn’t take an overtime at work so that they could sleep in the same bed at the same time. Jonghyun insisted and Key couldn’t resist, she needed the rest from work and sleeping early would be a nice solution. Jonghyun rolled on the bed only to find out that Key wasn’t there anymore, he groaned and tried reminiscing last night, the fool can get so happy easily just by Key kissing him to sleep last night.

“No…she left already?” Jonghyun pouted, Key usually leaves for work early than he does, but then he smelled something good in the air and he knew that Key is still in the house, probably in the kitchen cooking him breakfast. He got out of bed and went downstairs following the delicious smell of eggs and bacon cooked in the kitchen. He saw Key cooking and he grinned, “Good morning yeobo!” Jonghyun stretched his arms and was about to hug Key but she cut him off. “Did you fix the bed and closed the door of the room?” Key asked him while flipping the sides of what she is frying on the pan, Jonghyun paused and tried to recall if he did…and he didn’t.

“Uh…yeah-yeah…” he lied in a low voice, very different from the greeting he gave earlier.

“Aish! Lying so early in the morning!” Key rolled her eyes as she put the cooked meal on the table.

“Yeobo, don’t be such a nag, I just got up!” Jonghyun scratched his head, Key is quite a neat freak most of the time and Jonghyun is the pest that messes around most of the time!

“I wouldn’t be such a nag if you wouldn’t be such a drag Jonghyun! Now eat your breakfast!”

“Yes yeobo…” Jonghyun replied in a cute voice, before he can sit down on the chair Key hugged him from his back and this surprised him.

“Yah…Kim Jonghyun…Good morning!” Key smiled and kissed him on his cheek and Jonghyun did the same, he knows that Key couldn’t get angry at him too long. Both of them ate breakfast while watching the morning news, the same channel that Onew is watching in his apartment as he munched on his chicken fillet, one of his heavenly ordered breakfast, and sipped on his hot coffee.

“An incident occurred in Juvenile hall where a guard was found dead in the elevator and a boy who was found unconscious and wounded on the third floor that the police believed to be the real target of the unknown killer, Lee Taemin the boy who was released today from his confinement, as he turned 18 but unfortunately receiving such a brutal gift from the masked perpetrator. Now he was made to stay in Eunhwa police department to be protected and interviewed.”

Onew heard what the reporter said and his eyes are well glued on the television, he decided to go to work early today after hearing the news, he thought maybe Siwon could use some extra help on this ruckus. He finished his chicken fillet in a hurry and stood up only to step on a curled up portion of the carpet and he almost fell but he was able to balance himself yet the hot coffee spilled on his chest.

“GAAAH!! CRAP!” he yelped in pain as he felt his chest burn, his usual clumsiness starts to hinder him again, he growled and furrowed his eyebrows as he went to the bathroom and took a shower and got dressed for work, he fixed himself up and drove to Eunhwa where he saw a lot of reporters outside trying to get an interview with Taemin or anyone inside the police station, but it seems that Siwon ordered that no one will entertain them for awhile. Now Onew has problems getting in without being asked by a single question by the crowd of reporters, he then heard a familiar sound of a motorcycle stopping on the parking lot. He turned around and saw Key and Jonghyun took off their helmets and sneaked into a path walk in between the buildings of Eunhwa and a boarding house.

“Aish…Of course! The backdoor!” Onew slapped his forehead and went through the same path walk, the two got ahead of him and he even had a hard time finding the damn door that seems to be camouflaging on the wall. He finally got inside where everyone is busy working, he immediately headed to Siwon’s office, yet his feet stopped when he passed the cell beside his mentor’s office. He saw a boy sipping coffee, his hands were slightly trembling, his dry lips enjoyed the sweet taste of the hot beverage yet his sad eyes gaze upon Onew, who suddenly got startled when Siwon patted his shoulder.

“Sir! Don’t spring on me like that!” Onew complained and Siwon dragged him to his office.

“His name is Lee Taemin; the poor boy almost got killed by that masked psychopath who broke in Juvenile hall last night. It’s his 18th birthday today and he got a killer chasing after him as a gift! Tsk…after eleven years of confinement he finally got released just this morning …” Siwon explained, his fingers intertwined with each other and sitting on his “I’m the boss” position.

“Why was he in Juvenile hall at the first place sir?” Onew asked and Siwon smirked.

“You know Onew this is such a small world, the answer to that question of yours is the first case I have assigned on you three, Taemin was suppose to be your work today, you were suppose to look for him but then it seems that he has gone to us!”

“You mean he is the kid that the police found in that mass murder eleven years ago? The one that happened in the mansion by the farm?”

“Yes he is, he’s only seven when he was confined in Juvenile hall since he was the suspect of the crime yet the witness too. Eight people died in that fateful night and when the police came to the mansion they found Taemin trembling on the corner, and the eight dead bodies in front of him. After an autopsy report was released he was proved to be innocent when he turned ten, but he wasn’t released of course since he is still too young and he had no family or a home to go back to, so he was kept in that vicinity until he turned 18.”

“Why was he proved innocent? Did they found another suspect?”

“The bodies had a weird and unusual cause of death, their chests had holes and their hearts were missing, it was not due to a knife cutting through it or anything, it looked more like their chests burst open! There were no finger prints found at all especially from the boy, so they had no choice but to prove him innocent, that’s why the case is still unsolved right now and it was assigned here to continue the investigation.”

“So they suspended the investigation before? Why bring it up now?”

“I don’t know, we received a mail from the main office saying that this case should be continued, anyway you and your team should try your best solving it, now that you have two cases to work on…”

“WHAT?? TWO CASES??”

“The mass murder and the boy’s killer, I need you at least to get the story of what happened last night, break it to him slowly though he’s been through a lot. All I can say is that maybe the one who attempted to kill him is up for revenge, maybe a Claud family member…”

“The Claud family? Who are they?”

“The family that died in that mass murder, hopefully he can tell you about that too but let’s prioritize the recent case, I bet that the boy’s killer had help inside since the security cameras weren’t recording when they should be.”

Siwon and Onew were discussing the case when Jonghyun suddenly barged in the office and the two looked at him like he was not welcome.

“What’s with the looks? I’m sorry to barge in sir but Key needs you downstairs, she said that the crowd outside is getting out of control and the men needs your order to move.” Jonghyun interrupted them and Siwon stood from his seat, “I guess you can start now Onew, take Jonghyun with you.” Siwon sighed heavily and left.

“ Take me where?” Jonghyun asked and Onew took some money from his pocket.

“I need you to do a favor; can you buy a whole cake? Probably you know a good pastry shop around here, then call me if your done” Onew handed him the money but Jonghyun only looked at him bewildered.

“Wait-wait…you want me to buy you a cake? For what? Is that even for the case?”

“ Yes it’s for the case! Don’t worry you’ll have a slice so go!”

“What the—I aint your servant Mr. Detective!”

“Do you want me to tell this to Siwon? Or worst! You want me to tell Key you are not being cooperative?”

Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows thinking for a moment, for him getting yelled by Key is worst than getting yelled at by Siwon.

“You little scum!” Jonghyun grabbed the money harshly from Onew’s hands and walked away.

“Me? A scum? Just do your job right and we’ll get along fine!” Onew shouted at him smirking.

“Whatever dude!” Jonghyun groaned showing Onew his middle finger.

Onew ignored his antics and went to fetch Taemin, the boy’s gaze seems so far yet his eyes are positioned on the ceiling.

“Uhm…Hi! I’m Onew what’s your—“  

“Are we going somewhere?” Taemin cut off Onew, the boy blinked at him showing his tired, red eyes from the cries he had.

“Aah yes we are… better get moving!” Onew swings his arm feeling a little uneasy handling the boy, it seems that both of them are not really a “people person”, Onew tried hard for Taemin not get noticed by the reporters when they sneaked out of the police department, finally he got the boy in his car and drove away. There was an awkward atmosphere because of the silence that is present between them, Onew the radio to break the silence but the station he tuned into only talked about the incident that happened in Juvenile hall so he just turned the thing off.

“If you don’t mind me asking…why do we have to leave?” Taemin asked being straight forward while looking at the window of the car.

“Well…it wouldn’t be nice to spend your birthday in a police station now would it?” Onew replied in a happy tone while the boy only stared at him blankly.

“Where are we going anyway?”

“To the beach! It’s only a few miles so be patient okay? The view there is fantastic, and the sea breeze there is cool, it’s a nice place! You’ll like it, Jonghyun will catch up with us soon…”

“Whose Jonghyun?”

“Oh him…he is my partner, my annoying—“ Onew felt his phone vibrating and he answered it.

“YAH!! WHERE ARE YOU!?” Jonghyun shouted from the other line and Onew moved the phone away from his ear.

“What the hell Jonghyun! Are you trying to blow my eardrums? Did you buy what you are suppose to buy?”

“Yeah-yeah I bought your damn cake, now where are you?”

“We’re off to the beach, so get there as soon as possible”

“Beach? You mean sunset beach right?”

“Yeah! It’s not good using the phone while driving so see you later okay? Got to go!”

“Your lame dude…LAME!”

Onew hung up on Jonghyun’s last words and continued his driving, after an hour and a half they reached the beach, and Onew parked the car on the sand, the weather was perfect and the place wasn’t crowded, Taemin got off the car and smelled the air, right in that moment Onew finally saw him smile as the strong breeze hit their faces and tousling their hair. The boy stared at the sea longer than anyone Onew knew of

“So you like it?” Onew asked and Taemin nodded smiling faintly.

“This would be the first time that I am able to see this up close and real”

“You’ve never been in a beach before?”

“No, this would be the first time since I can remember, we never get the chance to get out of the vicinity and as I remember in my childhood I was never to set foot far away but the farm that I worked in. The closest that I get to see these waters were in books, magazines and of course the television…” Taemin explained not still taking his eyes off at the sea as Onew sat on the trunk of his car and Taemin sat beside him.

“Did you ever go to school?” Onew started questioning again.

“School? Hah… never had a chance, it was a good thing that there were nurses in Juvenile hall who teached me how to read and write when I was eleven, that somehow helped me to learn more about from books that I borrowed from my…fellow inmates I should say. But I didn’t get a decent education; God knows what I could have given to be in those uniforms, to carry bags full of notebooks, pencils, and books! I guess it’s too late now, I don’t even have the money to buy food, but I’m glad to be out of that wretched place…”

Taemin was opening himself up to Onew and the inspector felt good of what he is doing, Siwon had once told him that when people tell themselves about you somehow they feel that they can trust you. Jonghyun arrived and ran towards them carrying a box, he panted as he reached Onew.

“Sheesh whats the reason going all the way here? I brought some plates and forks, so what now?” Jonghyun handed Onew the box and he opened it, a delicious looking chocolate cake was revealed.

“Happy Birthday Taemin and congratulations for your release in Juvenile hall, we are the ones who will handle your case and we promise that we will do all that we can to solve it and protect you of course! I hope that you will trust and cooperate with us somehow…” Onew presented the cake to Taemin and flashed the sweetest smile, Jonghyun got shocked on what his partner just said, taking an effort to buy a cake on the victim of an incident whom he just met. However Taemin was happy because of that, he looked at Onew and Jonghyun, the boy’s eyes finally showed life and was glad that after all that happened, fate gave a little twist to the broken road that he has been going through, that there are still kind people that will d these things to him despite the fact that someone tried to kill him, another collection in his vault of painful memories. But right now, in this instant moment he’s happy.