You're my partner??...NO WAY!!

SHINee Mystery Files

HAHA!! yes!! my first chapter!! hope you like it you guys and please dont forget to comment and subscribe!! the story kind f has a serious tone in it haha!! GODBLESS!!

________________________________________________________________________

Peaceful silence…then the phone rings loudly that it echoed throughout the room, no one seems to answer the damn thing until the 5th ring. Heavy, slow, footsteps came towards it and finally picked it up.

“He-hello?” Onew answered the phone, from the tone of his voice the one that called him can easily tell that he is still sleepy, he just moved in his new apartment yesterday and putting his stuff in place was dead-tiring hard work since he is the only one doing it. He slept very late and the only thing that woke him up is the annoying ringing of the phone.

“Hello good morning is this Lee Jinki?” a lively, deep voice of a man greeted him on the other line and Onew hearing his full name assumes that this call is important, it might be one of the managers of the dozen job applications he had been interviewed, he needed a job desperately now that he lives alone and must provide his own needs, the kind of price that he got when he ran away from home to pursue his own dreams.

“Uhm…uh yeah this is him! Good morning!”

“This is Choi Siwon of the Eunhwa police department…”

Onew paused and thought for a moment, he didn’t remember giving a resume to any police department when he should have, he’s a freshly approved detective after all but something stopped him from doing that, he knows that if he is going to do police work he’s going to have to hold a gun pretty soon, and he doesn’t like that. The name that the other person on the line mentioned sounded familiar to him, and like a light bulb lit his mind he snapped his fingers and smiled.

“SIR!! How are you? How were you able to reach me?”

“Oh I thought you wouldn’t remember me from the lack of surprise in your tone just now, I called you in your parent’s home but you weren’t there, they told me you ‘moved out’ of their lives, I know what happened don’t worry…”

“It’s a miracle they told you about it; I thought they would be ashamed to expose that…”

“Well it was your mom who told me everything; your father of course wouldn’t dare tell the story! Anyway I called because I have a proposition for you, come over to my office and we’ll discuss it formally.”

“O-okay sir I’ll be right over!”

Both of them hung up and a grin crept on Onew’s face, for a long time he is finally going to see the man that gave him more motivation to continue his course while he is in college, Siwon was his teacher in only one semester yet he learned a lot from him especially when he took Onew to be his accomplice in one hard case. He always thought that Onew had potential, Onew looked at the clock hanging on the wall and his eyes are still groggy.

“WHAT THE HECK!! 10 o’clock already?” he shouted and panics a little, he just woke up and he is still in his boxers…only his boxers. He doesn’t want Siwon to think of him as an irresponsible young adult if he comes late in his office so he zoomed in the shower and took a bath, wore one of his best suits and ate a light breakfast, everything done in 20 minutes.

 

He got the key to his black sports car and drove his way to the busy streets, Eunhwa police department is not that far from his apartment so he’ll get there in no time…or so he thought. He managed to turn to a crossover and the stoplight turned red, all the cars in that street beeped their horns for the signal to go green. Onew is getting impatient and the thought of him making bad impression to Siwon rings in his head, so he stepped on the pedal and moved towards the other cars and made his way to cross the street ignoring the stoplight, but before he could reach the other street a guy in a motorcycle suddenly zoomed in towards him. His heartbeat became faster like he was going to have a heart attack, who wouldn’t when he almost hit the guy? Onew assumed that the guy is trying to escape the stoplight too.

“! ! ! That was close! What’s with that guy? I almost hit him!” the pace of his heart couldn’t catch up with his breathing; his eyes remained widened of the shock and fear of almost squishing the guy. He couldn’t see the plate number of the motorcycle because it was a little bit smudged, but he could see clearly the guy’s fist in the air aiming at him and suddenly he banged his fists on Onew’s trunk.

“That’s payback you jerk!” the guy yelled his face unrevealed due to the full helmet he was wearing, he started the engine of his motorcycle and drove off leaving Onew speechless.

“Me? A  jerk? Psh! Yeah right you were the one who was banging my trunk!” Onew complained annoyed, he turned the wheel and went on his way too, and he finally reached the parking space of the police department and something caught his eye. He saw a sleek motorcycle with hot red stripes; the motorcycle that he almost ran over, the person riding it finally took off his helmet and revealed a handsome face, with blonde hair and brown highlights.

“Jonghyun! You’re late for your morning duty!” a cop called out from the entrance of the police station, Jonghyun the one who took off his helmet  signaled that he’d be right over, but he himself can’t take off his eyes on the luxurious car parked nearby, a black sports car that he can quite tell that is well taken care of and most of all expensive! It’s one of the cars that he dreamt of having, but he’ll settle for his trusty motorcycle for now. Yes, he thought of the car to be very tempting…but it was the car that almost hit him awhile ago, that could have made his brain scatter all over the street. He waited for Onew to come out and when he did Jonghyun smirked at him. His eyes darted on what Onew is wearing, formal clothes. He was looking luxurious and expensive as his car and Jonghyun looked at himself, wearing only a plain shirt and cargo pants. He was no match, but of course he wouldn’t let himself lose to this rich guy. Onew and Jonghyun stared at each other for a minute, a staring session that is only understandable by the two of them.

“Why the heck is this guy doing here?”

“Why is that guy looking at me like that?”

“Oh is he going to report me?”

They kept asking themselves those questions, Jonghyun smirked at Onew and went inside directly to the locker area to change his uniform, he removed his shirt and revealed such a piece of art on his body…his well built abs. Onew went inside also and looked for Siwon’s office, getting a little lost he bumped into a topless guy, Jonghyun got starled by his presence.

“WHAT THE—“  Jonghyun wasn’t able to finish his words as he saw Onew.

“WHY THE HECK ARE YOU !?” Onew freaked out not believing what he sees.

“What are you doing here? I am not idiot, haven’t you seen a topless guy before?!” Jonghyun asked like he owns the place.

“If you’re changing you shouldn’t just do it anywhere! People go in and out of this place what will they think! Dude there are like…children in here!”

“Hey! Who do you think you are huh? For your freakin’ information, I am cop and have the right to use the facilities here! If you don’t like it just close your damn eyes and turn around!” Jonghyun poked Onew’s chest as he finished his sentence, his fingers felt the smooth fabric of Onew’s suit and he can tell it’s good quality, he then looked at himself…shirtless. “Atleast Key likes to see me this way…” Jonghyun said to himself making his girlfriend as an excuse.

Onew was going to talk back but he was cut off when a hand pats his back.

“Uhmm..Guys? Could you stop fighting? A lot of people are already watching the show you two are pulling off, excuse me but are you Lee Jinki?”

Onew took awhile to answer when he turned around and saw a very pretty girl smiling at him, her beauty swooned Onew in an instant and Jonghyun saw how he looked at her.

“Uhmm…uh yeah I’m Lee Jinki! Call me Onew or Dobu instead!” Onew held his hand to the girl in uniform acting like the gentleman that he is, he heard Jonghyun chuckle as soon as he said his nickname.

“Hi I’m Officer Kim Kibum! Call me Key for short serving the people 24 hours!” the pretty girl flashed a wide smile saluting to Onew and introduced herself in an enthusiastic tone, they became friends so quickly, Jonghyun only rolled his eyes.

“Oh you should come with me, the chief is expecting you, next time if you don’t know your way here, go to that desk.” Key continued and pointed on the reception’s desk where a grumpy old lady sits who kept on raising her eyebrow on Onew.

“Can I go to you instead if I need directions?” Onew referred to Key but looking a little worried because of the grumpy lady, Key chuckled and then Jonghyun pretended to cough.

“We should really be going Onew, the chief is waiting…oh and Jonghyun…put some shirt on!” Key stuck her tongue out towards Jonghyun and dragged Onew away, Jonghyun smirked and got his uniform from the locker and changed.

Key lead Onew to Siwon’s office and while they walk Onew felt like chatting, he usually see cops to be males but Key seemed to be an exception, plus…she’s very pretty. The big city is really different from the sleepy town he came from, but in this big city he will have to work hard to earn which is very different from the home he left behind, where he is served by maids and eats food from the best gourmet chefs,  where he lives in a big mansion and his room is as big as the apartment that he lives in right now. It is no doubt that the life he had back then was full of pleasure and luxury, but he chose to leave it just to fulfill his own dreams.

The atmosphere begins to be quiet between Onew and Key until Onew decided to talk.

“So you know that guy? Sheesh why would someone change their clothes in an area visible to everyone?!” Onew started bringing up what happened earlier.

“Oh you mean Jonghyun? Of course I know him; well he wasn’t that …he always changes in that area well everyone does when they want to change their tops in a hurry…get used to it pal, if you’re ever going to work here you’re going to see a lot of cops change their clothes in that area. Besides that area isn’t that exposed, you just got lost remember? And don’t worry about Jonghyun, he’s a little bit of a’ brag’ but he’s good around the guys here so I’m sure you’ll get along with him well too.” Key defended Jonghyun in a nice tone.

“You know him well huh?”

“Of course! He’s my boyfriend after all!”

Onew’s heart sank, feeling a little disappointed that Key is already taken, taken by the guy who he feels that he can’t get along with. Onew was silenced after that until they reached the office of Siwon.

“Well I will be dropping you off here Mr. Jinki uhmm I mean Onew! See you around…” Key waved goodbye and Onew smiled, he then turned to the door and breathe in heavily.

“Get ready!” he shouted in his mind and knocked on the door.

“Come in-come in!” a voice inside the office called out and he turned the door knob revealing Siwon sitting on his swivel chair. Onew was glad that his mentor is doing well, while Siwon hugged him like a son.

“How are you doing sir? Thanks for inviting me here, the place looks nice!” Onew sat down on the chair towards Siwon.

“Save your thanks later kid, as I have said I called you here because I have a proposition for you and I hope that you will accept it. I know you applied in a lot of jobs around town and quite surprise you didn’t apply to any police department! I guess you still have that one problem left; well you better refuse those job interviews because I am offering you a job!”

“WHAT?? Really?? That’s great sir but I—“

“No buts Onew, when you were my student I know you have potential and now that you are a registered detective don’t you think bailing on the right job is wrong? Eunhwa police department needs all the great officers we can get, if its handling a gun you worry about… well it’s not all about shooting criminals when your busting a crime, that’s why you will have partners!”

“Si-sir…I uh…”

“Onew, I promised your mother I will help you, you are like a son to me! I don’t see why you have to refuse this job, I thought solving crime is your passion, and the pay is good here…”

“Sir I thank you for everything that you have taught me and for helping me… my pursuit of my dreams led me to this, the reason why I left home is because I wanted to be a detective so badly. So I guess no matter how I avoid it I guess you will always be the one to convince me to take this job…thanks sir...I’d be happy to serve Eunhwa police department!”

“Finally I thought you’d never give in! I already made your license and I.D, everything is ready and you will be working starting…today!”

“Today??!!”

“Yes today my boy! So it’s time to meet your partners, wait I will just call them…”

Onew felt adrenaline rush, he’s unexpected acceptance in Eunhwa gave him chills and excitement, atlas the first day of the fulfillment of his dream comes true. Siwon called his secretary to bring in the two other officers that will be Onew’s partners, and Onew hopes that they will be a good team, he waited for them to come an in five minutes the door opened and someone finally came in.

“Officer Kim Kibum reporting for duty sir!” Key saluted to Siwon with a smile looking oh so pretty as always, Onew seeing her presence delighted him. He’s happy that he will be partnered with Key in their future cases.

“Oh Key you’re here sit down, this is inspector Lee Jinki, you will be accompanying him in your future cases,  and Onew this pretty lady over here is Key, she’s a very handy person if you want some extra files in any case so get to each other well ok?”

“Inspector? Whoah…”

“Yes Key, inspector…do you know each other?”

“Well I met him earlier and he was only a visitor and now he’s an inspector?”

Key looked at Onew amazed and he blushed.

“I wasn’t expecting that rank either!” Onew scratched his head being humble then there’s another knock on the door and Siwon let the person in.

“Oh finally the last person came, that guy will be the third member of your group, he doesn’t look like it but he’s the best sharpshooter we have in this department, an ace as I call it!” Siwon smirked and Onew turned around only to see Jonghyun also looking at him, but the proud blonde snobbed him and quickly put his arms around Key’s waist as he saw his girlfriend.

“Key…” Jonghyun chirped as he hugs Key tight and didn’t hesitate to kiss her lips in front of the presence of the chief, then Siwon starts pretending to cough out loud and Onew held his laughter.

“Ehem! No PDA please, do that in your home will you? Kim Jonghyun this is inspector Lee Jinki, you and Key will be accompanying him from now on, you will be a team understand?” Siwon announced and it seems that Key was the only one who responded, while the Jonghyun and Onew looked blank.

“He is my partner??!! NO WAY!!” Both of them shouted at Siwon pointing at each other, this made Siwon annoyed.

“I am not sure what your issue is and I really don’t want to know but I ask you to be a team and be mature about this!”

“But sir—“

“It’s either you agree with me or you two are fired!”

Both of them shut their mouths and Key raised a ‘thumbs up’ at Siwon, Onew doesn’t want to lose a job he just got into and Jonghyun doesn’t want to be anywhere away from Key, besides his job in Eunhwa is what keeps on feeding him and Key.

“I guess its settle then, Key has the files for your first case so good luck and please cooperate with each other, I know that you three have great potential to solve anything as long as you work together…NOW GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!”

Onew and Jonghyun groaned while Key bowed to Siwon and left, but before Onew could reach the door Siwon stopped him.

“Onew! Wait! Here is your badge and something you need along the way…” Siwon placed a badge on his desk and a Beretta web 87 target semi-automatic pistol with a silver cross engraved on the sides of the handle.

“I have used this gun when I was a rookie and up until now, well I guess not anymore since I am giving it to you…”

“Thank you sir…for everything…”

“Don’t be afraid to shoot kid!”

Onew hesitated at first to take the gun but he has no choice, every officer needs one but he hopes he won’t be able to use it no matter what, Onew left the office and joined with his partners…the happy couple.

“Onew! Over here, just stay with Jonghyun for awhile I will get us some coffee and the files for our case, have fun you guys…and please don’t quarrel, don’t disturb the peace!” Key trailed off and Jonghyun watched her go, now he sits besides Onew and there’s an uncomfortable aura circling them.

“Awkward…” both of them whispered but then both of them heard it at the same time.

“So…the chief took in another stray huh? I wonder how good you really are inspector.” Jonghyun began to talk but not in a very good way.

“Excuse me? Stray? FYI, I got hired!” Onew defended himself from the skeptic beside him.

“Well everyone got hired here the question is why, the chief took you in because your close to him aren’t you? And maybe because you had some skills…like me!”

“Oh so your stray number one and I’m stray number two then huh?”

“Oh funny, I should let you know that I am the ace shooter in this department! The best in the city pal! Oh and one more thing, keep your eyes away from my girlfriend!”

“Well I should let you know too that I am a newly pledged detective, and getting that licensed is not easy as you know it! I am not planning to steal her away from you dum-dum, me and her are going to be partners so we might as well be friends!”

“Dum-dum? Psh! Who do you think you are huh? Let’s see if you have some good stuff, let’s see if you’re worthy to be taken in by Siwon! You better be friends alright, just friends! That’s all you’ll ever be!”

The two of them starts to heat up and prepare to hit one another but when they saw Key coming they calmed themselves an acted like nothing happened. Key placed three cups of hot coffee on the table and the general file of their case.

“Don’t think I didn’t see what you two were doing!” Key said arranging the things on the table and the other two pretended to be nice with each other.

“So here it is guys, the chief confirmed this case to be unsolved even if it happened eleven years ago. It’s about a mass murder that happened in a farm, the family who owns it were all dead and the only survivor was a little boy whom later on became the suspect of the crime, but then they weren’t able to prove that he is guilty since there wasn’t enough evidence. Well generally chief wants us to find the real killer and—“

“Is the boy still alive?” Key was cut off by Onew’s question.

“Yeah, he was put into juvenile hall since he was still young and was suspected of a crime…I think he’ll be turning eighteen this year…”

“So that means he’ll be set free since no one proved his guilty!”

“Pretty much so…”

Onew and Key got so engrossed talking about the case that they forgot Jonghyun was there, he felt so out of place and he couldn’t take it anymore so he decided to in.

“You guys forgetting something? I’m still here aren’t I? Share something will you?” Jonghyun pouted especially at Key and she just pinched his face playfully.

“Don’t worry Jongie, tomorrow I’ll get to see you in action! We’ll crack this case no matter what!”