Missing

SHINee Mystery Files

For the love of flymouth I shall update LOL, anyways guys I hope you people are still reading this and please comment!!

flymouth- hahaha u don’t have to wait for another year for another update but it will really take time toupdate this again since I have two other fics to write, I feel like my head is going to explode waaah!!

__________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Onew woke up by the sudden banging on his front door, he groaned…”Who the hell is waking me up this hour?” he grumbled to himself and looked at the wall clock indicating it was only 6am. He grabbed his robe and wore the damn thing lazily as the knocks on his door became louder and frequent.

“Coming!” he shouted slipping on his slippers and came out of his room with sleepy eyes, he told himself to give a fit to whoever is knocking on that door, maybe it’s Jonghyun, he thought, playing such a prank early in the morning to disturb his good sleep.

He rudely opened the front door ready to speak his sermon, “Wha—oh chief!” Onew immediately shut himself seeing Siwon glaring at him outside his apartment.

“I called you on your phone a thousand times you didn’t hear me?” Siwon growled and pushed him aside, entering the apartment and quickly picked up the remote from the table and turned o the television.

“Seriously chief? Waking me up this early just to watch television here?” Onew thought glumly but he realized that wasn’t Siwon’s intention when saw the news on the screen.

“Two dead bodies were found in downtown alley this morning and both are severely mutilated and have missing hearts. The victims were identified as Pete Morgan and Jin Choi, the bodies were discovered only recently by a passerby who—“ the report was cut off when Siwon turned the TV off and slumped on the couch with a heavy sigh.

“The way they died is quite familiar isn’t it? Go downtown and check it, Key and Jonghyun are already there so you better get your down there too!” Siwon commanded him making Onew flinch.

“But I have to bring Taemin as well, wait I’ll wake him up” Onew knocked on Taemin’s room a few times but he wasn’t answered, taking the spare key of the room he unlocked the door and found an unkempt bed and an open window…no Taemin in sight.

“He’s not here? Where did the boy go?” Siwon asked peeking from the door and Onew pursed his lips.

“I don’t know, he usually tells me where he’s going but…” Onew got worried, it wasn’t Taemin’s routine to go out without him but now was something different, the opened window could only make Onew think that the boy escaped through there.

“Leave him and let Jonghyun find him later, your needed there now” Siwon patted Onew’s shoulder and the younger one nodded.

 

A few minutes later Onew arrived in the crime scene, it was quite packed by reporters and flashing of cameras and of course the police investigators that swarmed the area. Key managed to see Onew and waved at him, the detective smiled and quickly headed towards her but was pulled back by strong hands.

“Your late.” Jonghyun stated seriously an Onew rolled his eyes at him.

“Yes I know I am now let go of me so I can do my work” Onew pulled himself off of Jonghyun’s grip and scoffed at him making the other guy grit his teeth.

The two men went up to Key and took a look at the ‘NO CROSSING, POLICE AT WORK’ area, Onew cringed smelling the foul smell of blood enter his nostrils. Jonghyun saw this and smirked, “You’ve only been here for like a minute, try being for an hour!” Jonghyun said indicating that he wasn’t complaining of the smell even if he’s been there longer than Onew.

“Where are the bodies?” Onew asked Jonghyun and the younger one shrugged.

“You’ve been here for an hour and you don’t know?” Onew glared at Jonghyun but before any fight will start Key had managed to step in between them.

“Okay guys stop it, the bodies were taken by the ambulance Onew and they are to be examined. I don’t think you would want to look at them this early in the morning either” Key said and Onew’s gaze set on the crime scene, two men died and an unknown murderer is still on the loose, only one person came to his mind that could be in danger…Taemin.

“Taemin is missing, he wasn’t in his room this morning and he didn’t tell me where he will go…” Onew said warily and his two partners had dreaded looks.

“He couldn’t be missing at a time like this, it’s dangerous! What if that murderer is after him next?” Jonghyun blurted and Key calmed him down.

“Taemin’s murderer and the culprit of the victims here are different, if they were the same Taemin would have died in that Juvenile hall” Key insisted crossing her arms and looking at the two sternly.

“We need to find him but we have work, he and this case is important so I’m afraid we have to split up for today” Onew sighed. “Key, go to that hospital where the ambulance is heading and get a full autopsy report once it’s available” Onew ordered and Key nodded saluting him, eager to go anywhere but this place.

“Jonghyun, chief had instructed me to let you find Taemin anyway and I don’t want anybody else tailing on him but you so you may go. I’m sure you can finish that task”

“Of course I can!” Jonghyun smirked and put on his helmet, walking towards his beloved motorcycle and starting the engine, “You better do your part well too!”

Onew just smirked back at Jonghyun’s remark and shook his head, now he was alone in the crime scene along with the other police officers that were trying to guard the area. The alley was dark even it was morning, the foul stench of blood made its way to Onew again and he covered his nose. It was filthy, blood everywhere…on the ground and on the walls, how could a man do this to his fellow human?

“Whoever killed them must be merciless” Onew whispered to himself and searched the area for clues, but the bloodshed seemed to be the only overwhelming thing in there. His eyes were somehow extra sharp today when he had spotted something on the far end corner of the alley, the wind that passed by just blew the thing that he saw there. He walked towards the spot and picked it up; as he examined it he realized that it was a ripped piece of a bandage that had little blood stain on it, Onew took one sealed plastic bag from his pocket and opened it, putting the piece of bandage in it and peering at it closely.

“Hope we will find something from this…” he murmured and put the sealed plastic in his pocket. He looked around some more and didn’t find anything useful to solve the case, the blood covered ground only made it hard for him to investigate, this was his first case and it’s as gruesome as hell. He never thought a man could be capable of playing with a human body like that, well if the criminal is such a sick person and that would explain it…yet he wondered what could urge people to do something like that, and so he gave up there already, hoping that Key could find something useful and hoping that Jonghyun would find Taemin.

 He went to his car, finally not being able to take the smell of the damn blood but before he could get in a hand had pulled him to a stop, he looked around and saw a tall man in a fancy suit. His glasses gleamed sharply as Onew stared at him in confusion, the man’s presence was quite intimidating because he was quite tall, taller than Onew and oh how he looked down at the detective because of his height.

“Sorry to disturb you detective” the tall man pushed back his glasses and cleared his throat, “May I have a word with you?”

“I’m sorry but I’m busy, as you can see there’s an ongoing case and I have to go” Onew completely ignored this man and was about to open his car door but he felt another hand stop him, the man was persistent.

“I think you should agree detective Lee, since I have some information about the case you’re investigating, not just the current one but I know your quite interested by that case that happened eleven years ago” the man said with a stern look, the way he gripped on Onew’s hand seemed like he wouldn’t let the detective go unless they have some decent conversation.

“I’m Professor Choi Minho, I work at Greywell University and I teach history there and I am also a spiritist, in case you want to know a little of my background” Minho handed Onew a card indicating that he is working in Greywell and the detective sighed.

“Fine…” Onew finally gave up and Mino smiled.

“Let’s go to that nearby tea shop, let’s talk there, my treat” Minho led him and he followed wondering what this man will tell him. They entered the teashop and ordered some Earl Grey tea with blueberry cheesecakes, Onew could tell that Minho has good taste judging how he picked such a fancy place just for them to talk, not to mention the price of what they ordered was expensive. The two sat down and drank their tea making Onew pause for awhile and Minho stared at him.

“This is really good!” Onew blurted a little too enthusiastically making the people sitting near them look at him. Minho chuckled, as if Onew was a kid tasting such a delicious treat for the first time.

“What do you expect? Its Earl Grey, brewed to the finest” Minho sipped on his cup and lay it down on the table gently, he opened his black coat and got a folded newspaper from there and put it on the table, Onew unfolded  and read the article and his eyes widened.

“Wow you have a copy of this? Where did you get it?” Onew asked looking at the headline about the mass murder that took place eleven years ago.

“My grandmother kept it; she died a few years ago but told me the story quite well. I have heard rumors that the case is being investigated again and those rumors are quite true huh? After seeing the news this morning about that incident in downtown alley I realized that the old case is indeed worth cracking open again, the killer is still on the loose after so many years have passed” Minho said, his gaze quite far.

“How can you say the murderer of the Claud family is the same with those in the alley? Why would he strike back all of a sudden and why victimize those men?” Onew started firing questions and Minho sighed.

“Well I’m sure you have asked for an autopsy report, if you get it already then compare it with the results of Claud family, if the damaged done were the same and I say they have the same killer, their hearts were missing right? It may be too early to conclude things for you inspector but I have been quite interested and studying that murder case for years now…it’s just that I never thought that the killer would be back because I thought he died already”

“Studying this case? Why? Don’t tell me your teaching this to your students”

Minho smirked at Onew’s remark but the professor just shook his head.

“Mr. Lee, I’m afraid that what you are about to face when this case deepens is not of the ordinary. The case itself is not as common, I just hope you have the courage and bravery to face the truth” Minho’s expression turned serious as he looked down at his tea, “After my grandmother had told me about the story of the Clauds, I have concluded that this killer is not human but a demon…”

“Isn’t that a bit exaggerating professor? Maybe it was just tales your grandma told you?” Onew disagreed, calling a killer a demon is quite legit but a demon being the killer of the family made him doubt Minho.

“I know-I know, I’m quite prepared that you might laugh at me inspector but you don’t know half of the case you’re investigating, there is more information you need to know than those old papers stacked in your department about it. I know this, because my grandmothers have visited the Claud family once, she’s a spiritist as well but she does more than that. She had given service to that family and the next thing she knew…they suddenly became rich”

Onew’s brows furrowed as he sipped on his tea, he was not sure if Minho was telling the truth or this man is just one of those overly obsessed with the supernatural, the only thing that urges Onew to believe in him is that Minho looked so damn serious about it, not a very good factor either. Minho’s phone rang and the professor cursed under his breath, he turned it off and bit his lip.

“It seems I have to go but please inspector Lee, may you consider what I said, I will be happy to assist you in this case and to provide you information, call me if you want my number is in the card I gave you. I’m afraid police fire arm alone cannot catch this murderer…” Minho stood up and bowed, the principal of the university his working in just called him but he didn’t want to answer.

“Why are you even interested in this case? Why are you so willing to help?” Onew asked, Minho just came randomly saying he had information and offered his help but for what?

Minho only smiled at him, “I believe if I help in solving this case I may have made my grandmother happy, it is more of correcting what she had done wrong in the past, if you have time again we can talk more about that…” and then Minho left.

 

Jonghyun zoomed the streets of the city trying to find Taemin, he had stopped to several streets already asking the people around if they saw a young man, around 18 years of age, had long brown hair and pale skinned. But the people just shook their heads and some even ignored him. He wondered where the boy had gone to and he hoped that Taemin is unharmed; he will not stop unless he finds what he is looking for.

Jonghyun will prove that if a responsibility is given to him he can do it well, the motivation that was pushing him was more of the pride that he feels towards his job and of course, he wouldn’t lose to Onew or would let the detective look down on him because he didn’t find his target.

Though Taemin had been a nice boy and Jonghun would want him back safe and sound and nothing else, he had been looking all morning and didn’t even stop to eat lunch. The city is quite big and the people around were not helpful either. He could feel the fatigue catch up on him and stopped by a corner of a certain street where he haven’t been before, he parked his motorcycle nearby and continued to stroll around.

The people that were passing him by were ignoring him and were not so approachable to ask until a young man bumped into him, the boy apologized but Jonghyun took the opportunity to ask about Taemin and the boy who had bumped into him rubbed his chin.

“I think I saw a guy like that last night in the store I worked in, he had that sad face on and bought a soda and just left. Is he missing?” the boy asked and Jonghyun was glad for once someone had seen Taemin, but something nagged him in the back of his mind. Taemin went out last night without telling Onew and didn’t come back, something must have happened.

“Does the store that you work in have surveillance cameras?” Jonghyun asked and the boy in front of him nodded.

“Fortunately I think there was one above the station I was working in” the boy replied.

“Hey kid bring me to that store I need to confirm if Taemin is that boy in the store”

“Who’s Taemin? Hey don’t drag me!”

Jonghyun pulled the boy and made him ride on his motorcycle, he needed to know if it was really Taemin and he hopes he will find the boy before the day ends.

“YAH! SLOW DOWN!” the boy behind Jonghyun clutched on to him tightly, complaining how the police officer could break the speed limits of the road.