Warming Her

Huffle & Slyther

Warmth enveloped Taeyeon the moment she stepped past the arched door and into Three Broomsticks. The tavern was filled with students who were guzzling on Butterbeer, a few holding bottles, mostly holding tankards. A hand slipped into hers and tugged.

“This way.”

Taeyeon followed the pull, ending up at the busy counter.

“Butterbeer for you?” Tiffany asked loudly over the melting pot of voices and sounds around them.

Taeyeon nodded and Tiffany stepped forward to get their drinks. The crowd had her feeling a little too warm for comfort so she unwrapped her scarf to air her neck. Scanning the crowd briefly, everyone seemed to be minding their own business and that lightened the clench in her chest.

Tiffany returned with two Butterbeers in her hands and a radiant smile on her face. “Do you want to sit down or stand around?”

Eyes scanning the area, Taeyeon nodded at the cluster of high tables meant for standing customers. “Let’s go there.”

These tables were less popular than those for sitting so there were a few empty ones to choose from. After settling at one, Taeyeon finally took a sip, smacking her lips with a sigh afterwards.

Tiffany chuckled. “You drink Butterbeer like a granny.”

“I do not.”

“You totally do.”

“If I drink like a granny then you drink like a grandpa.”

Tiffany raised a brow and grinned. “You’re a definitely a Hufflepuff. Predictable.”

“Yes, I am a predictable Hufflepuff and I’m proud of it.”

“Mhm, mhm,” Tiffany replied, her grin turning into a smirk—almost.

“What? What? Tell me. Don’t just smirk at me like that.”

“You’re cute. That’s all.”

“Oh.” Taeyeon bit her lip. She wasn’t expecting that and now she wasn’t sure what to say next.

“Now the Puff is shy.”

“I’m not shy. I just don’t know what to say.”

“You can say anything you want.” Tiffany’s eyes were smiling yet piercing as they looked into hers. “I’m a Slytherin. I can handle it.”

“Your eyes are very pretty,” Taeyeon blurted, her cheeks warming up instantly.

“Oh . . . the cutie Puff flirts.”

“You said I could say anything I want.”

“I did.” Tiffany winked. “So can I.”

“Fair enough.”

“Should I be unfair?”

“Are you always so annoying on a date?”

Tiffany burst into laughter, attracting some stares. “You know, I think I like you more than I realize because not only am I not angry with you for saying that, I actually want to tease you even more.”

“Snice we’re being honest with each other, I’ll say one more thing.”

“What?” Tiffany asked with cheekiness in her eyes.

“Hufflepuffs are loyal and good friends, but it doesn’t mean we just lay down and roll over for you. It means we’ll say it as it is. I’m not afraid to call you out if I have to.”

“And that’s what I like about you.”

Taeyeon nodded. “Okay.”

Tiffany shifted closer to Taeyeon and leaned towards her ear. “How much Butterbeer can you drink before you get tipsy?” she asked in a loud whisper.

Brows shot high above Taeyeon’s eyes. “Why do you want to know?”

“I want to get to know you. It’s an important detail.”

“I’ve never drunk enough to get tipsy; I’ve never drunk more than two mugs at once. What about you?”

“I can drink at least ten before becoming tipsy.”

“Ten!”

“Is it that shocking to you?”

“Why would you drink ten?”

“For fun.”

“Are you showing off to me?”

Tiffany grinned. “Yes. Are you impressed?”

Taeyeon shook her head. “These kinds of things don’t impress me.”

Tiffany’s eyebrows dipped. “What kinds of things impress you?”

“Honesty. Loyalty.”

“You’re such a Puff.”

“I am.”

“I’ve been honest with you ever since we started this date. And I’ve been loyal to you. No witch has my attention but you.”

Something in Taeyeon’s chest swelled and she couldn’t help smiling. “Okay. I’m impressed.”

Tiffany shifted closer so their arms were pressed up and touching. “What else impresses you?”

“You don’t have to do anything out of the ordinary. I like it just like this.”

“Just like this?”

“Us standing together, drinking together, talking like this.”

“You’re easier to date than many other witches, if what you say is true.”

“If we have feelings for each other, we shouldn’t make things difficult for each other.”

“You have a good point,” Tiffany said with a smile. She raised her mug. “I’ll drink to that.”

Taeyeon clinked her mug with Tiffany’s and drank too, draining the mug at once.

“Want another one?”

“I’m good.”

“How about getting out of here and take a walk outside?”

Taeyeon nodded. “That sounds good.”

With a nod, Tiffany emptied her mug too and grabbed Taeyeon’s hand. “Let’s go.”

The air outside was fresher and Taeyeon enjoyed the feeling of walking beside Tiffany, a person she was beginning to see in a new light. For a long moment, they walked in silence, enjoying the mood between them.

After some time, Taeyeon had something to say. “Your hand is warm.”

“Do you like it?” Tiffany asked, giving Taeyeon’s hand a squeeze.

Taeyeon smiled as a delicious shiver ran through her body. “It’s nice. I like it.”

“So do I.”

“My hand isn’t warm like yours.”

Tiffany grinned. “I like that I’m warming up your hand.”

Taeyeon blushed. “I like it too.”

“Do you know what else I like?”

“What else do you like?”

“This.”

Taeyeon felt a pair of soft lips pressing on her cheek for a brief moment and gasped. She had not been expecting that.

“I’m really happy you agreed to go on a date with me.”

Taeyeon’s heart made its presence known, thumping hard in her chest. “Me too.”

x