Friending Her

Huffle & Slyther

Taeyeon sighed from the bottom of her chest as she stared at the sorry state Hufflepuff points was in. Beside her, Tiffany sighed too.

“There’s no way we’re winning the House Cup this year,” said Taeyeon, “not after we lost so many points. And it’s because of me.”

“You weren’t going to win it anyway.”

Taeyeon frowned at Tiffany but she simply shrugged. “Just saying.”

“It may have been difficult to win, but not impossible.”

Tiffany shook her head. “Ravenclaw is going to win if we don’t win every single Quidditch match for the rest of the year, and it’s because of those two dumb Beaters.”

With a little smile, Taeyeon squeezed Tiffany’s hand. “Your team will win. They have the best Chaser in Hogwarts.”

Tiffany let out a little laugh. “Is optimism one of your traits too?”

“Not really. But having faith in our friends and family is one of the things we Hufflepuffs do best.”

“So which category do I fall into? A friend? Or family?”

Taeyeon frowned and tapped her chin. “Hm . . .” An arm wrapped around her neck and feigned a strangle attempt. “Friend, friend,” she said in a hurry, tugging on the arm to free herself.

“What friend?”

“Girlfriend.” Taeyeon giggled when Tiffany finally released her. “Girlfriend,” she emphasized.

“That’s right.”

“Have they given you any grief about dating a Hufflepuff since then?”

“They’re not that dumb.” Tiffany grinned. “What about you? Anyone giving you trouble behind my back?”

Taeyeon shook her head. “I’m good.”

“Good.”

Their hands linked up again and they walked down the corridor, away from the dismal that was their House points.

x

“Are you going to Hogsmede with the prefect again?”

Taeyeon nodded with a smile, eyes never leaving the parchment as her hand moved across with the quill.

“I’ll go with our Quidditch team then.”

Taeyeon put her quill down and met Yuri’s eyes. “Do you want to come with us?”

Yuri made a face. “I don’t want to be there when you two kiss and say mushy stuff to each other.”

Taeyeon blushed. “We don’t kiss.”

“You will, maybe on this date. She already kissed your cheek the first time, remember?”

“You really think she’ll kiss me for real on this date?”

Yuri grinned. “Look at you.”

“Me?”

“You can’t wait to kiss her.”

“No, that’s not true.”

“Tae, you’re the lousiest liar ever.”

“I’m not lying.”

“We’ll see. We’ll see.”

x